Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 23, 2020 3:13 PM

Dec 2018
What quotes from anime can’t you seem to forget, and why do you believe they have impacted you in such a way?

(Please share what anime they are from too)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 23, 2020 3:18 PM

Aug 2018
"The goddess of victory is waving her underwear in your faces!" - Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Jan 23, 2020 3:22 PM

Jun 2019
"Just because I’ve gotten weaker, it doesn’t mean that you got stronger, right?" - A Certain Magical Index II
Jan 23, 2020 3:36 PM

Jun 2016
This is how I'm gonna inspire my troops when role playing at RTS LAN games with my friends
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Jan 23, 2020 3:42 PM
A Monster

May 2018
I have two of them that I absolutely love. the first is from Avatar The Last Air Bender. Prince Zuko Quote, "Never Give Up Without A Fight" Episode=Zuko Alone
The second is from Akuma No Riddle. Koko Kaminaga quotes, "Death is not the End of Life, But the Culmination of a Lifetime"
"Never Give Up Without A Fight" By Zuko
Jan 23, 2020 3:52 PM
Jul 2018
There are some I remember:

From The Girl, Who Leapt Through The Time, there was this "Time waits for no one" and it's so true.

"This world is dark and its so hard to breathe... but in this instant, when I laughed along with you, I felt that breathing just got a little more easier." - Kanda from D.Gray-man, in that scene it was beautiful.

From the 12 Kingdoms novels (looked them up at Goodreads for OT): "And that's when I realized that there's really two ways people cry. You cry when you're sorry for yourself, and then you cry when you are really sad. The tears you cry for yourself? Those are kid tears. You're crying because you want somebody to help you or pick you up. Your mom, your dad, the old lady next door... anyone."

I bet there are just way more that were great, but it would take too long to look them up and write them down.
Jan 23, 2020 3:57 PM

Jan 2009
"the world is cruel yet beautiful" - Mikasa Ackerman from Attack on Titan

its fucking true so much evil in this universe (google The Problem of Evil) at the same time there is so much amazing stuff in this world too
Jan 23, 2020 4:04 PM

Jan 2017
Hajimete papa ga - Okazaki Ushio form Clannad after story. I cry every time I hear it.
Jan 23, 2020 4:28 PM

May 2018
"I want to live!" Nico Robin from One Piece.
Every time I watch this scene I tear up. To make a long story short she is a threat to the world government and in order to protect her new friends she tries to cut ties with them and get away from them. She ends up being taken by the world government who are planning on killing her. It all comes to this beautiful scene where Luffy basically shouts "Hey we are friends aren't we?! Say you want to live!" and Robin shouts back "I want to live!"

I most likely did a horrible job describing that and I left out quiet a few details so it probably doesn't have the same impact but oh well.

The episode is 278 I believe if you want to check it out

SPRING

Jan 23, 2020 4:37 PM
Jan 2020
"Your mom is totally hot" -Okuyasu Nijimura
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable.
I tear up whenever i hear this line performed. The voice acting skills combined with the beautiful scenery, adds a really powerful punch and I will remember this line for as long as I live.
Jan 23, 2020 4:39 PM

Nov 2011
Edward's quote about relationship between scientist and God in the first chapter of Fullmetal Alchemist.
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Jan 23, 2020 4:47 PM

Jun 2015
Mewtwo: "I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
~Pokemon
Whitebeard: "One Piece Waaa Jitsuzaisuru!!!"
~One Piece
Sakutarou Yanagihara: “If you’re standing in a burnt field, I’m still…. burning. I’ll become a human torch again today and give full reign to my suffering.”
~3-gatsu no Lion
I have the moment from this quote as my wallpaper right now.

Ging Freecss: “You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”
~Hunter x Hunter 2011
Read Toriko!
Jan 23, 2020 11:49 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Here's one I immediately remembered:

"There are people whom I like. There are also people I don't get along with. And there are lots of things that I don't like about myself. I've even... littered before. But... I want to live on! I want to change myself! Even if I'm jealous... if I lie... if I'm irresolute... I want to change! I will change! If I don't, there's no reason for living! I'm sure it's the same for anyone. Wanting to know more about oneself, day after day. That has to be what they think; that one's current self isn't anything, that one's current world isn't everything; that's what I want to believe!"
—Ichika Tachibana, Uta∽Kata

Idk I found this quote to be pretty inspiring when it comes to self-improvement. I wonder if it might've been the reason why I immediately thought of Ichika as a new addition to my favorite characters...

Puella Magi Madoka Magica also has plenty of memorable and thought-provoking quotes... can't even begin to pick which one to use as an example...
Jan 23, 2020 11:53 PM
Jul 2018
"The fire is spreading across my body from all the things I've done. I'm on fire." -Violet Evergarden
Jan 24, 2020 12:00 AM

Apr 2013
"Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! [...] Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!" - Donquixote Doflamingo (One Piece)
Never looked at it that way, but it's true. The winner decides how history is written and what's right and what's wrong.

"Fake people have image to maintain, real people just don't care." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Oregairu)
I often think about this if I'm about to make a decision and consider what random people might think of me. I really shouldn't care.

"I don't know which option you should choose. I could never advise you on that... No matter what kind of wisdom dictates you the option you pick, no one will be able to tell if it's right or wrong until you arrive to some sort of outcome from your choice." - Levi Ackermann (Shingeki no Kyojin)
No one knows which option is the right one, everyone has to find out for themselves. Don't let others dictate your choices if you really believe in them.
Jan 24, 2020 12:04 AM
Apr 2019
"Each decision you take should held meaning only by affecting your next decision. If you start to regret you will dull your future and let others to choose. " (Erwin Smith to Levi,AoT OVA)

"People who are unable to abandon anything will fail to bring about any change.If we want to overcome the monsters,we must toss aside our humanity." (Armin Arlert, It's so true for the story of AoT)

"All of the disadvantages of this world are the result of one's own inadequacies. If you must curse something, curse your own weakness."(Kaneki, TG)
Jan 24, 2020 12:10 AM

Jul 2019
"Don't weep for the stupid or you'll be crying the whole day"- Alexander Anderson.
"This trip truly was fun"- Joseph Joestar
"For the love of god Okuyasu, Drop the meat"- Josuke Higashikata
"The German science is the best in the world"- Rudolph von Stroheim
Jan 24, 2020 12:36 AM

Jul 2016
"A Grail that grants wishes? Where is the point in obsessing over something so dubious?" - Gilgamesh (Fate/Zero)

"Sometimes the best thing to say, is to say nothing." - Takahashi (Interviews with Monster Girls)

"Something this good could never go away" - Yotarou (Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu Season 2)

"If you ever find a treasure you didn't have to work for, toss it back. It ain't worth your time, know what I'm sayin'?" - Nyanta (Log Horizon)

"What is the most cowardly and shameful thing in human conduct? It's when people with power and people who flatter them hide in safe places and extol war, force patriotism and self-sacrifice on others, then send them to the battlefield to die. For the sake of peace in the universe, before we continue this fruitless war with the Empire, mustn't we first start by exterminating such evil parasites?" - Yang Wen-li (Legend of the Galactic Heroes)

"I'm a teacher! Never underestimate a teacher!" - Mr Hayashida (3-gatsu no Lion Season 2)
Jan 24, 2020 12:41 AM

Jul 2016
"Whether you hurt somebody, or somebody hurts you, the same red blood will be shed. It hardly seems like a path, because it's a very thin and narrow tube - but it makes it's way through the prejudice that makes people fear for each other and blood feuds, so very easily. This is a path towards a very real sun, not some empty wish."- One Piece Narrator

Even though fishman island arc disappointed me in its execution the themes in that arc are absolutely top-tier,including this moment.
Jan 24, 2020 1:04 AM
Jul 2018
These quotes from Kenpuu Denki Berserk.. Posting manga panels instead.. (these quotes are in the anime as well)

The final dialogue from Millennium Actress -

Several dialogues from GITS movie,

I watched another movie (Through a Glass Darkly) about the time I watched GITS, and I lived by the quote "For now, we see through a glass darkly" ..for some reason, it's one of my most favorite quotes.

"Thankyou for finding me in this corner of the world" ..from In This Corner of the World.. such a romantic scene :p

"Lots of things happened, but we children seemed fearless at that time, even when seeing something unsual" ..from In this Corner of the World

There are some from Aoi Bungaku series too.

removed-userJan 24, 2020 2:36 AM
Jan 24, 2020 4:34 AM

Oct 2010
"Teleport inside me!" - Nayuta talking to her crush sorta
"I just want something inside me and I want it now" - Nino being hungry

sorry, couldn't come up with insightful quotes
Jan 24, 2020 5:05 AM

Jan 2020
“While you’re alive, you need a reason for your existence. Being unable to find one is the same as being dead.” - Naruto
Jan 24, 2020 5:13 AM

Dec 2015
There is a lot of cool emotional quetes.But recent fav is
True warrior needs no sword
-Thors
Jan 24, 2020 5:18 AM
Mar 2018
“When do you think people die? When they are shot through the heart by the bullet of a pistol? No. When they are ravaged by an incurable disease? No. When they drink a soup made from a poisonous mushroom!? No! It’s when… they are forgotten.”

-Dr Hiriluk, One Piece

Jan 24, 2020 5:19 AM

Jul 2019
"The perfect being, huh? There is no such thing as perfect in this world. That may sound cliché, but it’s the truth. The average person admires perfection and seeks to obtain it. But, what’s the point of achieving perfection? There is none. Nothing. Not a single thing. I loathe perfection! If something is perfect, then there is nothing left. There is no room for imagination. No place left for a person to gain additional knowledge or abilities. Do you know what that means? For scientists such as ourselves, perfection only brings despair. It is our job to create things more wonderful than anything before them, but never to obtain perfection. A scientist must be a person who finds ecstasy while suffering from that antimony. In short, the moment that foolishness left your mouth and reached my ears, you had already lost. Of course, that’s assuming you are a scientist. " - Mayuri Kurotsuchi from Bleach. This whole speech is epic.

Also, Gintoki Sakata with - "Sir, could you please sing Doraemon theme song while I take a piss?"
Jan 24, 2020 5:25 AM

Jan 2009
"science levels the playing field for everyone" - Senku from Dr. Stone

so its not entirely the SJWs thats pushing for equality its just science and technology progress is doing that naturally
Jan 24, 2020 5:44 AM

Aug 2018
lxauren said:
"I want to live!" Nico Robin from One Piece.
Every time I watch this scene I tear up. To make a long story short she is a threat to the world government and in order to protect her new friends she tries to cut ties with them and get away from them. She ends up being taken by the world government who are planning on killing her. It all comes to this beautiful scene where Luffy basically shouts "Hey we are friends aren't we?! Say you want to live!" and Robin shouts back "I want to live!"

I most likely did a horrible job describing that and I left out quiet a few details so it probably doesn't have the same impact but oh well.

The episode is 278 I believe if you want to check it out
This.The emotion filled in this one scene is too much to handle.I consider Ennies Lobby as the best arc in all of One Piece even better than Marineford.
Jan 24, 2020 5:57 AM

Nov 2019
Stand in hallway
for forgetting homework
Mogami river.

~ Yuko
Jan 24, 2020 6:02 AM

Nov 2019
"People die when they are killed"- Shirou Emiya from Fate/Stay Night.

Just kidding.
"Live Waver... See all of this to the end... And when it is done, speak of it... Of your king... Of the charge of Islander!"- Islander (Rider) from Fate/Zero.
The development of Rider evident in this one scene made me so much proud of the time I spent in watching the Fate anime.

"Sometimes you must hurt in order to know, fall in order to grow, lose in order to win. Because life's greatest lessons are learnt through Pain"- Pain from Naruto Shippuden.
Really showed me the oppressed are most adaptive and that's very sad. Made me think for a whole day.

"Love isn't something you seek but something you give continuously"- Eugeo from SAO Alicization.
Biswa_29Jan 25, 2020 1:20 AM
SAO PROGRESSIVE ANIME HYPE
Jan 24, 2020 6:07 AM
Forever Alone

Apr 2016
"Then and now, what I protect has never changed." Sakata Gintoki

Gintama made such an impact on me for its comedy and then gintoki just pulls a banger like that!!
My opinion is the correct opinion!
Though I’ll listen to you for now I guess baka
Who thought that getting a job would be a good idea when I have anime to watch

Jan 25, 2020 1:05 AM

Feb 2018
deg said:

so its not entirely the SJWs thats pushing for equality its just science and technology progress is doing that naturally

I was thinking in the future when there's cybernetics and people can choose what body they want, gender problems/racism might be eliminated or at least blurred lol.

Like in GitS you can change bodies if you want or have several bodies/upload yourself into the net or some random inanimate object if you want (like that black box that was holding 2343242 miserable people) lol.

Jan 25, 2020 1:13 AM

Jan 2009
Artreyu said:
deg said:

I was thinking in the future when there's cybernetics and people can choose what body they want, gender problems/racism might be eliminated or at least blurred lol.

Like in GitS you can change bodies if you want or have several bodies/upload yourself into the net or some random inanimate object if you want (like that black box that was holding 2343242 miserable people) lol.

yep thats transhumanism lol and even the meme Fully Automated Luxury Gay Communism that because of advance technology in the future then everyone will be gay
Jan 25, 2020 1:52 AM

Feb 2018
deg said:
Artreyu said:

yep thats transhumanism lol and even the meme Fully Automated Luxury Gay Communism that because of advance technology in the future then everyone will be gay

Yeh lol, it would pretty much affect everything... the only way to differentiate might be just between the brains of adults/people who transferred only after growing up organically.. whereas they'll probably have hormones for younger brains who develop in cybernetic shells which would all turn out looking similar..

Iunno, would be pretty cool though maybe, if you wanted to be an athlete that's on the table now lol, just choose which body suits which sport

But, it's going to be super expensive for the best parts... so money may still rule, even though personality/choices may have a bigger impact on one's life now.

Jan 25, 2020 1:58 AM

Jul 2017
The only thing humans are equal in is death - Johan Liebert
Jan 25, 2020 1:59 AM

Jan 2009
Artreyu said:
deg said:

Yeh lol, it would pretty much affect everything... the only way to differentiate might be just between the brains of adults/people who transferred only after growing up organically.. whereas they'll probably have hormones for younger brains who develop in cybernetic shells which would all turn out looking similar..

Iunno, would be pretty cool though maybe, if you wanted to be an athlete that's on the table now lol, just choose which body suits which sport

But, it's going to be super expensive for the best parts... so money may still rule, even though personality/choices may have a bigger impact on one's life now.

have you heard of CRISPR genetic/genome editing? its heavy in research right now but its very cheap that there is even DIY Kits for it already like this one https://www.the-odin.com/diy-crispr-kit/

but lol dont bother experimenting it to yourself right now though with news like this
A Biohacker Regrets Publicly Injecting Himself With CRISPR
“There’s no doubt in my mind that somebody is going to end up hurt eventually.”
https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2018/02/biohacking-stunts-crispr/553511/
Jan 25, 2020 4:34 AM

Feb 2018
deg said:
Artreyu said:

have you heard of CRISPR genetic/genome editing? its heavy in research right now but its very cheap that there is even DIY Kits for it already like this one https://www.the-odin.com/diy-crispr-kit/

but lol dont bother experimenting it to yourself right now though with news like this
A Biohacker Regrets Publicly Injecting Himself With CRISPR
“There’s no doubt in my mind that somebody is going to end up hurt eventually.”
https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2018/02/biohacking-stunts-crispr/553511/

Ohh wow didn't know this was going on, I'm not surprised though but I haven't really delved into genetics much... I heard they were going to start testing prenatal genetic screening here though FINALLY =_= still doesn't stop people from having children but at least parents can better prepare loll.

and don't worry lol, I'm way paranoid about new technologies and such and wouldn't dabble with something until it's mainstream and tested properly haha

side topic, one of my teachers was testing some electrodes device, I can't really recall what it was... apparently it was supposed to influence certain brain waves but we didn't really discuss it further the next few times I saw him so i'm not sure if it worked for him lol. I wish I could remember the website, there was some research on it

Jan 25, 2020 5:24 AM

Feb 2019
"It's the only life I've got. And long or short, I better make it count hu?" - Your Lie In April

N͓̽o͓̽ ͓̽J͓̽u͓̽s͓̽t͓̽i͓̽c͓̽e͓̽.͓̽ ͓̽N͓̽o͓̽ ͓̽P͓̽e͓̽a͓̽c͓̽e͓̽.͓̽

Jan 25, 2020 1:55 PM

Apr 2019
Holo: “The world is indeed full of malice, but there are some pitfalls one can avoid as long as one knows of them. Ignorance is a sin, after all.”

Lelouch: “What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”

Yuno: “I’m selfish, I know. But to keep you only mine, I will do everything I need to do, even if it’s illegal.”

Light: “You can’t ever win if you’re always on the defensive. To win, you have to attack!”

Rena: “There’s only one world for us, and things in it are set up so that we can find happiness in it.”

Accelerator: “It's useless! From here on, the path is only a One-Way Road! Just put your tail between your legs and get your ass back where you came from!”

Kurumi: “You were ready to kill another creature, yet you’re scared of being killed yourself. Don’t you think that is strange? When you point a gun at a living thing… this is what that act means.”

Gilgamesh: ”Hero of Justice? A world where no one is hurt?” Don’t be absurd. “Humanity” is the name for an animal that cannot find joy in life without sacrifice.”

Lucy: “All this time, I’ve lived in hope of telling you how sorry I am, I’ve fought armies, just to have this chance, but now, there’s nothing I can say.. That’s good enough.”

Hachiman: “Fake people have image to maintain, real people just don't care.”
AngeleratorJan 26, 2020 5:59 AM
Jan 25, 2020 6:22 PM

Nov 2015
"To rise above monsters, we have to abandon our humanity. What we fight, we become" - Armin (Attack on Titan)
"If I can't beat them, then I die. But if I win, I live. And the only way to win is to fight!" - Mikasa (Attack on Titan)

"Why do you bow your heads? You should be proud to be weak! We are the weak, just as we have always been. Nothing has changed. Though the strong use our weapons, they will never master them." - Sora (No Game No Life)

"If history tells us anything, it's that scientists often make very poor poets. We're all just a ship of fools chasing phantoms, heedless of what really underwrites natural law" - Okabe (Steins;Gate)

“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?” - Zero/Lelouch (Code Geass)

"Yes, you lost. But was it a waste of time? Do you think losing means you're weak? Losing is a trial by fire to see if you can get back up after you've been knocked to the ground. But if you guys just stay lying down forever, then I'd say that makes you weak" - Takeda (Haikyuu!!)

"Our heroic spirit here considers a battlefield to be better than Hell. What a joke. A battlefield is Hell itself. There's no hope to be had on one. There is nothing but unspeakable despair. Just a soulless crime we call victory; paid for by the pain of the defeated. But humanity has never recognized this truth, because is in every era a dazzling hero has blinded people with their legends and kept them from seeing the evil and bloodshed they bring. True human nature has not advanced a step beyond the stone age" - Kiritsugu (Fate/Zero)

"you know that 'existence of God' thing that I had trouble understanding before? I think I am starting to understand it now. Maybe, just maybe, it's a concept that's similar to a zero in mathematics. In other words, it's a symbol that denies the absence of meaning, the meaning that's necessitated by the delineation of one system from another. In analog, that's God. In digital, it's zero. what do you think? Also, our basic construction is digital, right? So for the time being, no matter how much data we accumulate, we'll never have a Ghost. But analog-based people like you, Batou, no matter how many digital components you add through cyberization or prosthetics, your Ghost will never be damaged. Plus, you can even die 'cause you've got a Ghost. You're so lucky. Tell me, what's it feel like to have a Ghost?" - Tachikoma (Ghost in the Shell)
Jan 25, 2020 7:01 PM

Oct 2019
I actually have a few that kind of just stuck with me

"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day" - The journalist from that one episode of Durarara

"Humans will stop fighting each other on the day when only one human remains" - Irwin, Attack on Titan

"If you begin to regret you'll dull your future decisions" - Irwin, Attack on Titan (this dude has some nice quotes these two are just my favourite)

"It's not as scary to cross at a red light if everyone else is doing it too" Aizawa, My hero academia

"There are some flowers you only see when you take detours" - Saeko, Haikyuu

"I'm not lazy the ground just loves my ass so much it doesn't wanna let me go" - Yami, Black Clover
marinara-sauceJan 25, 2020 7:06 PM
Jan 25, 2020 7:20 PM

Jan 2016
"People have to save themselves. One person saving another is impossible." - meme oshino

Jan 25, 2020 9:02 PM

Jan 2020
“I’ll leave tomorrow’s problems to tomorrow’s me.” - Saitama from One Punch Man. A motivational way for me to say "SCREW HOMEWORK!"
I'm seriously dumb! SEND HELP!!!
Jan 27, 2020 3:26 AM

Oct 2019

this quote. her expression, action and statement make this hilarious imo.
Jan 27, 2020 3:31 AM
Jul 2018
"One of these days I’m gonna roll my eyes too hard and go blind." — Brandish Myu

If only i met her sooner..
Jan 27, 2020 3:45 AM
Jul 2018
"We do have a lot in common. The same Earth, the same air, the same sky. Maybe if we started looking at what's the same instead of what's different... well, who knows."
- Meowth
"I'll leave tomorrow's problems to to tomorrow's me."
- Saitama
Jan 27, 2020 3:53 AM

Jun 2016
"I hate this I want to die" - Kousaka Reina
"I hate this I want to die" - Oumae Kumiko
rip.
Jan 27, 2020 2:54 PM

Sep 2014
"Geez, your yogurt is not yummy at all!"

I had a dozen of different emotion when I heard that.
Jan 27, 2020 3:02 PM
Dec 2013
"Sometime last night...

I was all alone in my room...

When suddenly, outta nowhere...

The smell of a fart that wasn't mine wafted into my nose".

- Osaka from Azumanga Daioh
Jan 27, 2020 3:14 PM
Mar 2018
"My soul is much more free now... free to hate... free to love..." Kikyo
That was a good quote from InuYasha
what?
Jan 27, 2020 3:19 PM

Jan 2020
One of my favorite Aizen's quotes. Bleach has also really nice poems.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

172 by Maumuu »»
36 seconds ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

61 by -YaoiBoy- »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » What position do you watch anime in?

Spunkert - 3 hours ago

9 by MichaelJackson »»
9 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows?

EverRealm - 7 hours ago

32 by Ochimusha »»
9 minutes ago

» Does being an anime fan make you proud or embarassed?

BuddhaIsBetter - 10 hours ago

31 by perseii »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.