Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2020 4:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh Chocolat, I think she should of expected that a kid that age can easily disappear.

First half of this episode was the usual warm and fuzzy feeling until she realized that kid is gone. Good thing they found him.
Jan 23, 2020 5:14 AM

Apr 2010
The small cat girl created a lot of trouble for the girl since they had to look everywhere for her but in the end she just wanted to be with Chocolate.
It was nice seeing the girls caring for her tho.
And the things in the house looked nice as well also Maple's tea time was funny.
Jan 23, 2020 6:06 AM

Aug 2013
The little sure loves to disappear out of nowhere.
It was sweet that she wanted to be with Chocola.

Jan 23, 2020 6:13 AM

Aug 2018
I believe SugarCane has joined the cast. Chocola has a real task on her hands taming this feral kitten.
Jan 23, 2020 6:16 AM

Apr 2017
It's clear
grew attached to Chocola during the last episode, can't wait to see how their relationship will grow!

Jan 23, 2020 7:43 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Very lovely, cute and healing episode, so heartwarming to see that Chocola can be with her now
Jan 23, 2020 7:54 AM

Dec 2014
Chocola is too adorable. <3

Sugarcane is a strange name. xD
She's got some mad stealth skills though, disappearing and appearing out of nowhere.

Curious to see how Chocola is gonna train her.
Jan 23, 2020 8:38 AM
Apr 2019
Sugarcane sure knows how to disappear, she's a stealthy one.
Jan 23, 2020 9:46 AM

May 2017
Who would have thought that this little kitten sees Chocola as mother figure? That explains her flashbacks with Chocola and way she acted when she was eating dried fish and playing with toy that Chocola used to play with. That kitten have warmed up to Chocola so badly that she wants to always be with her. This episode was amazing,i hope to see more of Chocola,acting like a mother.
There is no bad waifu,only bad anime.
Jan 23, 2020 10:26 AM

Aug 2012
Don't cats always land on their feet even when they're clumsy?
Jan 23, 2020 12:58 PM

Sep 2014
Loved the Coconut and Azuki moments <3
Damn, that little kitten is a master stealther.
Jan 23, 2020 1:22 PM

Apr 2015
Gotta love the little quarrels between Azuki and Coconut! Personally I think Coconut is the most cute and funny catgirl in here!

Chocola seems like the total mother figure now worrying about the lost kitten, but she sure as hell is clumpsy when she's distracted!

"Sugarcane" sure wanders off a lot, I can't blame her in an unknown home. Last time she completely disappeared. Chocola found her at the playground and is able to take her in, how sweet!!
Jan 23, 2020 2:42 PM

Oct 2007
Another cute episode. But it also reminded of the times when my cats became lost. It's really a stressfeul time wondering if cat was hurt somewhere. I'm glad Chocola was to find her kitten again
Jan 23, 2020 3:04 PM

Feb 2019
I really really like this show. Was not expecting it to be this wholesome but it's been my Senko San of the season, tbh may even be better than that since there's actually things that happen. "I want to stay with you" awwww so hecking cute. Time to play the VN to refresh my memory. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jan 23, 2020 6:29 PM

Jul 2017
Marinate1016 said:
I really really like this show. Was not expecting it to be this wholesome but it's been my Senko San of the season, tbh may even be better than that since there's actually things that happen. "I want to stay with you" awwww so hecking cute. Time to play the VN to refresh my memory. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Play the VN then you will see what the anime is missing
Jan 23, 2020 7:28 PM

Jan 2016
The kitten is quite skilled at disappearing and reappearing out of nowhere lol But she just wanted to be with Chocola :3
THANKS SENPIEX
Jan 23, 2020 11:57 PM

May 2010
Diapolo10 said:
It's clear
grew attached to Chocola during the last episode, can't wait to see how their relationship will grow!

There was a poll on Twitter about the kitten's name, and that name was winning. So I was surprised to see Azuki call her by a different name, until it turned out it was not "official".
Jan 24, 2020 12:44 AM
Jul 2018
One extra neko for the house.XD
Jan 24, 2020 5:23 AM

Feb 2014
Sugarcane is a stealthy kitty. She should consider becoming a ninja kitten one day. X3

As for names, Azuki calling her Sugarcane does suit the little one well. Whether they do have that name stick of go for a different one, who knows, but Sugarcane would be my choice.

Thanks to Sugarcane's disappearance act, the others did get all worried about her whereabouts, something that I've been through as well when one my cats vanished for a while before re-appearing as if nothing ever happened. Chocola's reunion with Sugarcane was sweet. =3

Overall, this was another cute episode. Looking forward to the next one, meow. =P
Jan 24, 2020 5:27 AM

Oct 2017
Awwww this was so cute. Chocola and the Kitten looks so adorable together.
Jan 24, 2020 12:54 PM

Jul 2016
Honestly, seeing Chocola acting more motherly would be quite the sight. Really glad Sugarcane will now live with her.

Lovely episode overall.
Jan 24, 2020 5:30 PM

Apr 2012
Could taste the loneliness of the kitten this episode. Didn't expect this from such a source to be honest.
Jan 24, 2020 6:01 PM

May 2017
Marinate1016 said:

I agree and I think show is way better than Senko-san. That one was kind of boring. I like the personalities of all the cat girls and there's a lot of cute moments. I'm really considering buying the VN but it's probably like $30 and that's a bit pricey. But I'm also conflicted about it because I don't think I would want to see the purity and innocence of the cat girls tarnished.
Jan 24, 2020 6:58 PM

Oct 2017
This is such good SOL. It does everything so well. A shame that it won't get the recognition it deserves because of prejudiced attitudes to the source.

It's so frustrating to see comments on here and elsewhere saying it's really cute and wholesome "despite" the source. I've not played Nekopara, but there are a ton of eroge that are cute, healing, wholesome etc. and the sex doesn't take away from that. But people still have these dinosaur religious attitudes to sex like it's something dirty to be ashamed of. Thank God for cultures unaffected by Judeo-Christian relgious roots is all I have to say.

Also, fuck Anime News Network.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Jan 24, 2020 11:10 PM

Apr 2017
Stealth46 said:
Marinate1016 said:

I agree and I think show is way better than Senko-san. That one was kind of boring. I like the personalities of all the cat girls and there's a lot of cute moments. I'm really considering buying the VN but it's probably like $30 and that's a bit pricey. But I'm also conflicted about it because I don't think I would want to see the purity and innocence of the cat girls tarnished.

Actually, each main VN is about $10 each, with Vol. 0 and Extra being much less than that. On Steam the 18+-content is available as DLC packages, so if you don't want them you can ignore them. Though, I must say, they don't take anything away from the cuteness and are really well done, too.

Who's your favourite catgirl? I've been unable to decide between Cinnamon and Vanilla since Vol. 3!
Jan 25, 2020 6:51 AM

Aug 2012
Diapolo10 said:
It's clear

What cast listing? I checked the credits at the end of the episode (Ep. 3) and she is still listed as ??? .
truesord24Jan 25, 2020 7:09 AM
Jan 25, 2020 8:22 AM

May 2017
Diapolo10 said:
Stealth46 said:

Actually, each main VN is about $10 each, with Vol. 0 and Extra being much less than that. On Steam the 18+-content is available as DLC packages, so if you don't want them you can ignore them. Though, I must say, they don't take anything away from the cuteness and are really well done, too.

Who's your favourite catgirl? I've been unable to decide between Cinnamon and Vanilla since Vol. 3!

That's so funny. I'm exactly the same and am unable to decide between Cinnamon and Vanilla! I like Vanilla because she seems to be the kuudere type which is one of my favorites and I like Cinnamon because she's really attractive and silly like her obsession with flowers. But in this episode, I became interested in Azuki because she's really mature and I've always liked her very unique voice. That's actually not that bad of a price for the visual novels and past comments made it seem like the 18+ material was DLC but I wasn't entirely sure so thanks for the insight. How many volumes are there?
Jan 25, 2020 2:13 PM

Oct 2008
d'awww such a sweet heart-warming episode!
5/5.

Jan 26, 2020 2:05 AM

Apr 2017
truesord24 said:
Diapolo10 said:
It's clear

What cast listing? I checked the credits at the end of the episode (Ep. 3) and she is still listed as ??? .

Admittedly it was a bit of a wild goose chase when I was looking for a concrete source a bit over a week ago, but after some digging I found this: https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://anichoice.com/nekopara-voiceactor/

It would seem that her name was polled, and this one was the winner: https://twitter.com/nekopara_anime/status/1211910145468354560?s=20
Jan 26, 2020 2:15 AM

Apr 2017
Stealth46 said:
Diapolo10 said:

That's so funny. I'm exactly the same and am unable to decide between Cinnamon and Vanilla! I like Vanilla because she seems to be the kuudere type which is one of my favorites and I like Cinnamon because she's really attractive and silly like her obsession with flowers. But in this episode, I became interested in Azuki because she's really mature and I've always liked her very unique voice. That's actually not that bad of a price for the visual novels and past comments made it seem like the 18+ material was DLC but I wasn't entirely sure so thanks for the insight. How many volumes are there?

Right now, there are three mainline volumes and two side stories. Volume 1, 2 and 3, plus Volume 0 and Extra. Volume 4 is coming sometime soon this year, between today and June, and more are confirmed to come thanks to the series' popularity. (Too lazy to hunt that tweet right now, but it was either from Sayori or NEKO WORKs' Twitter account.)

In chronological order, the volumes are: Extra, 0, 1, 2, 3, (4)
In release order, the volumes are: 1, 0, 2, 3, Extra, (4)
My recommended play order: 1, Extra, 0, 2, 3, (4)

There's also two OVAs that were created in a Kickstarter campaign (where I was a backer). The first one is a 1-hour adaptation of Volume 1, and the second one adapts Extra. They're mostly solid adaptations, though of course some details were left out, and both adaptations are family-friendly. Both can be found on Steam, too.

Finally, there are console ports of all the released VNs. I've only played the Switch versions as I don't own a PS4, but in summary, the console releases for Volume 1 and 2 also contain 0 and Extra, respectively, any implications for lewd stuff were replaced with new, wholesome scenes, and they have new opening and ending songs. The PS4 versions have more steam and other classic censorship shenanigans than the Switch versions.

I hope this was informative. :p
Jan 26, 2020 3:55 AM

Aug 2012
Diapolo10 said:

Admittedly it was a bit of a wild goose chase when I was looking for a concrete source a bit over a week ago, but after some digging I found this: https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://anichoice.com/nekopara-voiceactor/

It would seem that her name was polled, and this one was the winner: https://twitter.com/nekopara_anime/status/1211910145468354560?s=20

Interesting... The 1st source [Anichoice] makes it seem like Macaron is now the official name while the 2nd source [Offical Nekopara Anime Twitter] specifically stated "Until the real name is decided" (本当の名前決まるまで).

I'm guessing what this means is that Macaron will likely be used in the show, and that they might also reveal her real name as something different later on in the season?
Jan 26, 2020 7:20 AM

Apr 2017
truesord24 said:
Diapolo10 said:

Interesting... The 1st source [Anichoice] makes it seem like Macaron is now the official name while the 2nd source [Offical Nekopara Anime Twitter] specifically stated "Until the real name is decided" (本当の名前決まるまで).

I'm guessing what this means is that Macaron will likely be used in the show, and that they might also reveal her real name as something different later on in the season?

Mm... could be, but considering the tweet was published earlier, I'd still say Macaron is her "real" name (and whatever she was called before that would be unknown, because I'm not expecting her previous carekeepers to show up in the show and there's no other way to know that). I'm expecting either Shigure or Chocola to name her Macaron.
Jan 26, 2020 11:37 AM

Mar 2013
Lelouch0202 said:
Sugarcane is a strange name.
As opposed to the perfectly normal names of Azuki, Cinnamon, Maple, Coconut, Vanilla and Chocola? "Satoukibi" would fit right if it weren't Japanese(which is what made it instantly clear to me Azuki's placeholder name won't stick).
MrAwesome2018 said:
Don't cats always land on their feet even when they're clumsy?
They need enough room to fix their orientation(I think it's about three feet in the real world). Tripping doesn't provide that room.
Stealth46 said:
I like Cinnamon because she's really attractive and silly like her obsession with flowers.
It's not about the flowers - it's about what they represent(cue mosaics).
Jan 27, 2020 1:11 PM
Apr 2013
Diapolo10 said:
truesord24 said:

Mm... could be, but considering the tweet was published earlier, I'd still say Macaron is her "real" name (and whatever she was called before that would be unknown, because I'm not expecting her previous carekeepers to show up in the show and there's no other way to know that). I'm expecting either Shigure or Chocola to name her Macaron.

With Volume 4 going to be released somewhere this Spring and an upcoming mobile game (by Yostar), I'm going to bet that the kitten's name is Fraise. The hair color matches.
albertrojasJan 27, 2020 1:16 PM
Jan 28, 2020 12:10 AM

Apr 2017
albertrojas said:
Diapolo10 said:

With Volume 4 going to be released somewhere this Spring and an upcoming mobile game (by Yostar), I'm going to bet that the kitten's name is Fraise. The hair color matches.

Fraise is a different character entirely, IIRC she belongs to the old patissier Kashou went to learn from in France. Fraise has a pink-ish hair, while Macaron's is green. Milk is also set to appear in Vol. 4 as an adult.

The mobile game, Nekoparaiten, is going to have a ton of new characters, including everyone from the VNs. At this time I know not whether Macaron will appear in the game as a standard character.

I'd say that beyond Vol. 1, the story between the VNs and the anime will be different so there's currently no reason to expect Fraise or Milk to make an appearance in the anime, at least this season. If we get another season of the anime, it's possible we'll see more characters from the VNs or cameos from the mobile game, but as it stands I believe all three projects will diverge in their stories.
Jan 28, 2020 10:57 PM

Jul 2017
The stray cat just got more loose...and Chocola's worry grows by the moment that the turquoise-haired cat is away at Shigure's place.

Azuki's the most capable...shorty cat heh, the taller Nuts have to help her as usual.

But to get "Sugarcane" to be active needs some time too, can't expect new cats to be as lively on the first try.

As expected, Chocola's concern for Sugarcane grows, especially when she went missing, and it's a good thing Master allowed her addition. All's well that ends well.
Feb 5, 2020 7:29 PM
Mar 2017
The new member of the family is very elusive, the little kitten seeks comfort in her new home, but still she missed something.
The little kitty turned out to be more comfortable in the toilet seat, the warmth that remains seems to have comforted her, most likely Maple has taken care of keeping the seat warm, her embarrassed face is proof of that.

Chocola on her side is also worried about the little kitten that causes her to commit several clumsiness.
The little kitten on her side received pampering and attention for all those beautiful cats.

I love seeing Coconuts in Lasolei's uniform and I loved seeing her on her work day, but I was overwhelmed by how adorable Coconuts looked when she started playing with the paper roll and then she ended up trapped with the wrapping tape.
Maple tried to look like an older sister, but in the end her tea time was defeated by the dehydrated fish that the kitten likes so much. Maple and Cinnmon make every attempt to keep the kitten happy and entertaining, but it is more than clear that she misses Chocola who opened her heart, that way she took the toy that was Chocola's, this finally ends with the kitten running away in search of Chocola
Shigura and the cats looked everywhere for the kitten and Coconuts released the dangerous Matatabi power, all the cats were pleased, those adorable faces.
I was very touched by the end where Chocola after traveling in search of the kitten ends up arriving at the park where they first met and to her surprise she was sitting next to her, finally Chocola and Vanilla beg Kashou to stay with the kitten and he accepts without any problem, now the three cats can be happy.
The episode was too touching, Chocola touched the heart of the kitten to the point that she did not want to separate from her and now they will live together and accompanied by Vanilla.
Feb 11, 2020 8:23 PM

Oct 2010
Thank god they found her, she’s way unpredictable and I wouldn’t want her out of the team
Feb 14, 2020 3:33 PM

Feb 2018
Chocola Looking for Neko.
Feb 23, 2020 9:38 AM

Dec 2018
It have some cute moment!! Like when she was reading a story for the kitten!! And some Yurish moment!! But with that aggressive male taking up so much space I cant enjoy it

I give it 1/10 I dont like him.......

Yuri-CrusaderFeb 23, 2020 9:46 AM
Mar 15, 2020 12:03 AM
Jul 2018
This show is actually pretty decent to just have on in the background.
May 3, 2020 12:46 AM

Jul 2015
Don't think it was a wise decision to let the catgirls with food related names decide what the new kitten is going to be called, still funny though

Feb 12, 2022 7:09 AM

Apr 2013
The usual "finding a missed person" story I guess, still not bad though.
Jan 18, 2023 6:42 AM
Jan 2023
Mbulah pengen ngomong apa
Dec 9, 2023 8:48 PM

Nov 2023
Lmao disappears everywhere
Dec 23, 2023 12:30 AM

Oct 2022
Seems Cinnamon lets her mind "wander there".
Coconut just had to bust that out, didn't she.
Chocola now has her own underling to train in "the way of the Neko"

Jan 4, 11:54 PM

Feb 2019
the kitten bonded with chocola, or maybe imprinted is the right term lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nekopara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2020

91 by saabiK »»
Jan 18, 2:34 AM

Poll: » Nekopara Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2020

49 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Nekopara Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2020

42 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 13, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Nekopara Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2020

63 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 10, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Nekopara Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2020

45 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 9, 10:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.