Forum Settings
Forums

Winners of the 65th Shougakukan Manga Awards Announced

New
Jan 22, 2020 2:59 PM

Mar 2013

Publisher Shougakukan announced the winners of its 65th Manga Awards on Wednesday.

General
Ao Ashi
Serialized in Big Comic Spirits since January 2015, Ao Ashi is a sports drama following a J-League Youth team. The series ranked 4th in votes for the 2017 Manga Taishou Award. Volume 19 of the ongoing manga will be shipped on January 30.

Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen (Kaguya-sama: Love is War)
Adapted to a one-cours anime in Winter 2019 and a live-action movie in September 2019, this romantic comedy has its second anime season slated for Spring 2020. The manga's 17th volume went on sale on January 17.

Shounen
Maiko-san Chi no Makanai-san
Shounen Sunday's Maiko-san Chi no Makanai-san is a slice-of-life series following the daily life of a 16-year-old girl, Kiyo. Unable to follow her dream of becoming a maiko (an apprentice to a geisha), Kiyo finds her place in cooking for the household instead. A heart-warming food-focused manga, the series had its 12th volume published in December.

Shoujo
Nagi no Oitoma (Nagi's Long Vacation)
Published in Elegance Eve since June 2016, Nagi no Oitoma has received considerable attention in the last year. Female readers voted it 3rd and 11th in "Kono Manga ga Sugoi!" rankings' 2019 and 2020 polls, respectively; Kodansha nominated the manga for its 43rd Manga Awards in May 2019; it won an Excellence Award at the 22nd Japan Media Arts Festival in March 2019; and it ranked 10th in votes for the 2019 Manga Taishou Award.

Nagi no Oitoma follows 28-year-old Nagi who grows weary of her life focused on pleasing people around her, and—after a heart-breaking incident with her boyfriend—decides to reset her life with no one she knows in it. The series was adapted to a 10-episode live-action drama in Summer 2019 and published its 6th volume in September.

Children
Neko, Hajimemashita: Nyantomo Ki ni naru Nyao

Source: Comic Natalie

← Previous year
NaruleachJan 23, 2020 12:12 AM
Jan 22, 2020 3:00 PM

Nov 2007
Kaguya! She has done it! So happy!

And after this blissful sugary strawberry parfait in chocolate dip double honey hazelnut cream puff of a Chapter 175!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 22, 2020 3:11 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Oh yeah, Kaguya-sama for the win! (⋈◍>◡<◍)

Really curious about the other winners too, hopefully we’ll see an anime adaption of them.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 22, 2020 3:43 PM

Feb 2017
I am really happy for Kaguya. Manga was absolutely amazing in 2019 so it's well deserved.

Don't know anything about other manga but glad for them too. Might check them out, especially Maiko-san.
Jan 22, 2020 6:09 PM

Sep 2011
Kaguya is something special so well deserved, I sincerely dont know how its inching closer and closer to 200 chapters and yet it still feels like its in it prime. Too bad its gonna take multiple seasons to get to some of this good stuff.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 22, 2020 6:16 PM

Nov 2007
JizzyHitler said:
Kaguya is something special so well deserved, I sincerely dont know how its inching closer and closer to 200 chapters and yet it still feels like its in it prime. Too bad its gonna take multiple seasons to get to some of this good stuff.

That's the only downside. Then again, so many of the chapters are 10/10s that it is impossible to leave out not having them animated and just go for the 11 or 12/10s.

Did you read 175? The tap on one shoulder and moving on the other direction had 2000 gallons of caramel in it and that wasn't all! I melted.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 22, 2020 9:00 PM

May 2015
Kudos to Aka Akasaka… After +150 chapters Kaguya-sama still an enjoyable and well put together rom-com. I adored its adaptation as well. Eagerly looking forward to the next season(s).

Kudos to Aiko Koyama as well… Maiko-san Chi no Makanai-san is a pretty good slice of life series (an anime adaptation will be welcome)… Glad it won over Jujutsu Kaisen since I found that manga to be average at best.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Jan 23, 2020 5:23 AM

Jun 2014
Ao Ashi is a masterpiece. Kaguya is also fantastic and Maiko is a hidden gem. Pretty good stuff, I must say.
:3
Jan 23, 2020 5:36 AM

Jun 2015
I guess that settles it. It's about time I give kaguya-sama a shot. I've been putting it off for a long time now.
Jan 29, 2020 2:15 PM

Sep 2014
I'm happy for Kaguya-sama even though I don't read the manga, but I'm looking forward to the second season of the anime show ^^
Feb 4, 2020 1:53 PM

Aug 2010
I'm gonna have to read Kaguya soon.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

70 by dodoxdo97 »»
2 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 11 hours ago

3 by Maumuu »»
5 hours ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
8 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.