Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 22, 2020 10:04 AM

Jul 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Too bad the pacing of this anime is too fast, since I was been looking forward to the infiltration of Rin and Doa through the castle. I'm surprised they adapted the part where that guy wanted to whip them. RIP Isaku too.

Normally I would think this arc is going to be finished in two episodes, but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends by the next one considering how fast this is going.
Jan 22, 2020 11:28 AM

May 2018
WTF Isaku's name is Feniche Issac Calvario, so is that French , Italian or Portuguese???

I wonder hoe did a urchin like Toa become that good in killing????

Oh so Hyaku is pregnant , i'm guessing the father would be one of those who raped her.

Oh shit oh shit Rin is taking alotta lashes, it's good that Toa was able to get back at those bad samurai guys, man she's a wild animal.

well, it looks like instead of immortal warriors , what the doctor created were zombies.
Jan 22, 2020 6:25 PM

Jul 2017
"Barefoot" and "Badger Hole" arc this episode. Though it seems that we only got to see Rin and Doa escape from the clutches of Lord Habame after the separation from Isaku last episode, it was a much condensed (and rushed as usual) version of the women's side of the story, leaving the scientist and the Lord himself out.

To be able to escape and take revenge on Lord Habame, and acknowledging his family of his wife and son, it's definitely not easy for Rin to "act first, think later". Because Doa has been separated from her only support that is Isaku, she has to survive alone, and with Rin, both can go as far to know the Lord's hideous immortal experiments on Manji to give others immortal life through his body parts.

But instead, scientist Ayame Burando has created "otter heads" to depict the relentless failures of used humans from Manji's parts, seemingly rendering them useless.

To see the women's endeavour to save Manji is great, but then again, having to go through capture and torture time and time again is the norm for them.
Jan 23, 2020 2:18 AM

Nov 2019
My prediction that they would rush particularly hard through this arc way off, it seems. Well, at least we're finally getting to my favorite parts of it now: Rin taking a level in badass, getting to kick some ass, and going to Manji's rescue in a nice role reversal for our two leads.

I didn't think we'd actually get to see (some of) Doa and Isaku's backstory. And while it's cool that we did, I can't help but wonder if in the long run it wouldn't have been better to skip the stories of these more secondary characters and use that time to flesh out more important ones like Anotsu and Makie. Because to be honest it's a little irksome to me that they cut so much from the story of those two but then they dedicate like two whole episodes to Burando's arc. I guess they simply didn't want to cut any characters altogether, so they're trying to give everyone a little bit of screentime, but I wonder if it wouldn't have been better to sacrifice the more minor players so the major ones could get as much development as possible. It's a difficult decision to make though, so I can understand that they didn't go with that route.

Although, now that I think about it, they may have finally cut a character that (IIRC) first appeared in this very episode...
Jan 23, 2020 4:45 AM

Feb 2019
If they are bothering to remake the anime and adapt the whole manga, I wish they wouldn't skip so much content. Makie's background especially was neglected
Jan 23, 2020 3:13 PM

Jun 2011
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
WTF Isaku's name is Feniche Issac Calvario, so is that French , Italian or Portuguese???

Oh so Hyaku is pregnant , i'm guessing the father would be one of those who raped her.

Oh shit oh shit Rin is taking alotta lashes, it's good that Toa was able to get back at those bad samurai guys, man she's a wild animal.

well, it looks like instead of immortal warriors , what the doctor created were zombies.

As a portuguese myself, 100% sure that name is not portuguese. Actualy, it sounds like a mix between italian, french and portuguese, but not an entire nationality.

Btw, I must admit I'm pretty lost at the anime since ep 8 or something. Since Manji and Rin got separated.
Can someone please summarize me the series until this very ep? I'm really lost. The pace seems speed up since a couple eps ago and I'm lost in the plot and all this new characters.
ApelixJan 25, 2020 11:23 AM
Jan 23, 2020 5:49 PM

Mar 2019
Loved the episode. Just wasn't expecting this anime to get so twisted and creepy. It's horror-like right now.
Jan 23, 2020 7:31 PM

Aug 2017
I was moved when I saw Toa saw the crucifix, its so sad that Isaku died.
I hope next episode Manji will get out of prison and get rid of those "zombie-like"

Jan 23, 2020 8:03 PM
Mar 2015
The girls made good progress in Edo Castle until they found Isaku Frankenstein is close to creating his monsters
Jan 24, 2020 6:49 AM

Jun 2014
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

In the manga, it is said that he is portuguese.
Waiting for a Gamaran anime adaptation.
Jan 27, 2020 4:29 AM
Oct 2017
Awful pacing, i get that this arc was slow in the manga but jesus, this adaptation as a whole is just so rushed, they've done around 100 chapters in 16 episodes.
Mar 12, 2020 12:01 PM
Apr 2016
They are really going way way too far for their immortality crap... They're experimenting on innocent people at this point.
Apr 17, 2020 1:16 AM

Jul 2015
Love this part, before Manji's capture there was always few people who were kind of a monster, but now we go in full horror with multiple terrible people and victims

Nov 23, 2021 1:59 PM

Sep 2021
lol it really seems as if i had read the manga id be pissed about the pacing. i will admit its pretty fast though... i have vague memories of watching the old 2008 anime which ends on the arc that ended like 8 episodes ago or something, however reading the comments i do kinda wish i could have seen some of the parts they cut out.

so far definitely enjoying the show, will be between a 7 and 8 for me, leaning towards 8 after these last 2 episodes. at first i was kinda bummed by how the material they cut in the earlier arcs i knew about... but at this point all of what happens next is new to me. however on occasion ive had to look at the wiki to get some backstory i missed from pacing being too fast.

jw, why did it need to be crammed into a single season? you would think this is the typeof show that could warrant a few seasons, much much much worse material gets a lot more episodes often.

once again all that being said, enjoying this series and glad i will actually get to see an ending (yes ik i could read the manga)
Jun 14, 2022 4:36 AM

Jul 2016
poemofdevil said:
Loved the episode. Just wasn't expecting this anime to get so twisted and creepy. It's horror-like right now.

The animation is horrifyingly beautiful.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mugen no Juunin: Immortal Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Joseahfer - Oct 9, 2019

81 by Apreggi »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Mugen no Juunin: Immortal Episode 9 Discussion

Hatsuyuki - Nov 27, 2019

27 by BrianaBird »»
Apr 8, 8:42 PM

Poll: » Mugen no Juunin: Immortal Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Mar 25, 2020

53 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 30, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Mugen no Juunin: Immortal Episode 15 Discussion

JiangHaoyi1979 - Jan 15, 2020

24 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 28, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Mugen no Juunin: Immortal Episode 12 Discussion

Illyricus - Dec 18, 2019

21 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 20, 11:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.