Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 23, 2020 11:55 PM

Jul 2009
Fantastic episode. Honestly I love these slice of life moments, which have been sorely missing this season :( Seems like Arata's confession clearly got through to Chihaya, and she's ACTUALLY THINKING ABOUT IT instead of brushing it off. Lots of nice moments like Kana and Chihaya at the window, or Komano thinking about confessing to Kana. Plus of course, Sumire feeling bad about wanting Taichi to be rejected :( Then the Suou portion was of course amazing! He's such a great character, and we see Sudo returning as well :O His "make your opponent fault" strategy to take fewer cards ... ah man, I can really appreciate that LOL. Love him in the manga and his anime counterpart is just as awesome. Plus, Taichi seems to have improved enough that Sudo has noticed! Of course Chihaya ends up losing, but that's to be expected, and she got a great learning experience (I'm sure) out of it. Would love to see some more analytics on the strategies that were used there. I wonder if Taichi will get to play Suou next episode ... probably not since Suou thinks that he's "competition" XD
Jan 24, 2020 2:03 PM

Oct 2013
First minutes with Chihaya being still moved by Arata's confession were too girlish to me. ;p The amount of captions was quite big and they disappeared in a blink of an eye. I had to pause the episode to read some of them. Good that Crunchyroll's mobile app has an option to go several seconds backwards or forward.

Suo is a cool guy. He has his own, specific style, but I feel he is a fine person. Too bad that those officials from karuta organization dislike him for his lifestyle. However, failing a year for 4 times is quite an achievement, lmao. A negative one, of course.

That ending, wow. In curious what Suo's words meant. Maybe he wanted to tell Chihaya that in order to become a Queen she must be fully devoted to karta and leave everything behind significantly?
Jan 24, 2020 9:51 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
shanimebib said:
So, you finally noticed why he is so hated by everyone in the society? So, now you know why everyone wants him kicked off from his high horse? So, now you know why Arata should have won and kicked his arse?

Yeah, totally lol. For the first two questions, anyway. A part of me can't help but think that Suou-san's tactics and personality are very fitting for a Meijin though.

I feel like Arata beating him already would be "too easy a ride", if you get what I mean. Harada-sensei deserves it a lot more too in my opinion but I doubt that'll do the trick sadly.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 24, 2020 10:11 PM

Nov 2007
_MushiRock11_ said:
shanimebib said:
So, you finally noticed why he is so hated by everyone in the society? So, now you know why everyone wants him kicked off from his high horse? So, now you know why Arata should have won and kicked his arse?

Yeah, totally lol. For the first two questions, anyway. A part of me can't help but think that Suou-san's tactics and personality are very fitting for a Meijin though.

I feel like Arata beating him already would be "too easy a ride", if you get what I mean. Harada-sensei deserves it a lot more too in my opinion but I doubt that'll do the trick sadly.

Nah. Using "Arata" and "kicking arse" in the same sentence just doesn't sound right anyways.

But everything now will be on Kitano-sensei. He better kick Harada-sensei's arse if Harada-sensei fails to stop Suou-meijin from becoming the Eisei Meijin.

Well, one thing is for sure everyone will be rooting for Harada-sensei in the title match. That includes Arata as well. He may not show it well but he has mad respect for Harada-sensei when he is not playing against him!

But honestly, Harada-sensei had to give up an entire game against Arata for his now weakened knees. But he must win against that Nasty-meijin and avenge my Chihaya (and stop that jerk from becoming Eisei-meijin *and* retire).

I want to spoil it so badly but I cannot! But rest assured. Suetsugu-sensei has the power to surprise us all. When I was reading the manga, I never imagined Chihaya would be playing against Taichi in the cup final, that Arata will exit that competition so soon, that Chihaya would pick school excursion over a shot in the Queen's title, that Arata will face Harada-sensei and what more lose, that he would end up confessing right after that defeat.

This manga doesn't have a plot armor to help the main characters so it never ceases to amaze me. The only plot armor this manga has going for it is that Arata is yet to lose to Shinobu-chan. That's the only thing that still bugs me.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 25, 2020 3:51 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
shanimebib said:
Nah. Using "Arata" and "kicking arse" in the same sentence just doesn't sound right anyways.

I’m not sure how I gave off that idea but okay.

shanimebib said:
But everything now will be on Kitano-sensei. He better kick Harada-sensei's arse if Harada-sensei fails to stop Suou-meijin from becoming the Eisei Meijin.

Well, one thing is for sure everyone will be rooting for Harada-sensei in the title match. That includes Arata as well. He may not show it well but he has mad respect for Harada-sensei when he is not playing against him!

Oh, I love their dynamics and interactions already but that’ll definitely add to it if it does indeed happen lol.

Yep, I could totally tell Arata respects Harada-sensei. It’ll be interesting to see that in full motion as an anime-only in a weeks’ time or two.

shanimebib said:
But honestly, Harada-sensei had to give up an entire game against Arata for his now weakened knees. But he must win against that Nasty-meijin and avenge my Chihaya (and stop that jerk from becoming Eisei-meijin *and* retire).

Exactly, I’m worried he might just have to give a game or two in the final as well and that’s obviously never going to yield good results or a good indication early up. With that said though, he avenged Taichi once against the odds so here’s to hoping he can reproduce that for Chihaya’s sake.

shanimebib said:
I want to spoil it so badly but I cannot! But rest assured. Suetsugu-sensei has the power to surprise us all. When I was reading the manga, I never imagined Chihaya would be playing against Taichi in the cup final, that Arata will exit that competition so soon, that Chihaya would pick school excursion over a shot in the Queen's title, that Arata will face Harada-sensei and what more lose, that he would end up confessing right after that defeat.

This manga doesn't have a plot armor to help the main characters so it never ceases to amaze me. The only plot armor this manga has going for it is that Arata is yet to lose to Shinobu-chan. That's the only thing that still bugs me.

I agree, and thanks for holding back on the urge to spoil. A certain level of plot armour is essential for most stories and I wholeheartedly believe that this series does not overdo it at all. I couldn’t imagine those exact developments too, by the way.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 25, 2020 7:14 AM

Dec 2015
Tsutomu's train of thought was so cute even if I was spoiled months before this even aired. It was a given he liked Kana from like his introduction but still.

Suo-meijin's style is really scary. How much playing intelligence do you need to actually lure your opponents into making faults? And that with the little practice he has. I don't know how you could ever play against someone like that especially when playing as offensive as Harada-sensei. His personality seems very sleazy after seeing how he reacted to the finals being streamed at Niconico Douga though. At first I thought of him as being a very talented airhead just like Chihaya but I can't get over the idea that he's really keeping up an appearance for some reason. Even his affection of Chihaya in the previous episode feels fake now. He's just merciless.
Jan 25, 2020 12:05 PM

Dec 2014
Damn the matches were intense...and the chemistry between the characters is just to awesome
Jan 30, 2020 9:58 PM

Aug 2018
So Chihaya still on doze on that Arata confession lol
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Feb 12, 2020 6:18 AM

Nov 2018
Lmao Suo what
Chihaya put up a good fight esp. in the second half of her game with Suo.
Mar 13, 2020 4:00 PM

Sep 2016
Did this mf just tell my waifu she can't become the queen?
Eff u, man. Stfu.
Apr 6, 2020 5:24 PM

Apr 2016
It was nice seeing a new side of Suo. I always took him as a guy who never practices with anyone, but look at him! He's part of a society and everything. His playing style is really something too, baiting players into dead cards which causes them to endlessly commit faults. Interesting.
Jun 26, 2020 7:15 PM
Nov 2018
dang suo out here crushing dreams lol. that was a cliffhanger. also sumire and kana's reaction in the classroom had me dying.
Mar 27, 2021 3:32 AM

Aug 2018
Ay Chihaya, she doesn't know what to do after what Arata told her...poor thing. But Suo, that was too much. Good chapter
May 4, 2021 1:59 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Dude must’ve got his entire face burned off by some freaking searing dumpling soup

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 15, 2021 11:48 AM

Jul 2015
What a way to destroy a dream there at the end, Suo sure doesn't hold back with his quiet words I wonder if besides that shock Chihaya noticed the boyfriend part. Suo's playstyle is quite nasty with how he baits his opponents into making faults, curious to see how Harada will handle this.

Oct 10, 2021 10:33 PM

Feb 2019
Wow, to think somebody like Suo-san is from Tokyo University.

That was an interesting match. What a nasty strategy lol

But I wonder what he meant at the end there.

And I'm still not sure what Chihaya thinks of the confession. She seems to have got it mixed up with the emotions running high at the qualifiers, so... is there still hope for Taichi?
Oct 16, 2021 4:59 AM
Mar 2016
Srry for off topic but I would like to give my feedback for this 3rd season up until at the beginning of episode 15. I'm gonna rate these show 6/10. I was like "what the f is this? This is a 3rd season dude. And What I'm seeing is losing. Jesus Christ. The first season I already see once lost. Then the 2nd season is still happened the same. And now the 3rd season too. Chihaya don't participate in a queen match. Wataru lost. Oh man. I watch many sport anime and normally I always see 1st season is a lost but starting from 2nd to 3rd season I saw win and win and champion (Haikyu and kuroko basket)" man I'm really disappointed. After a long wait since 2013 and season 3 I was expecting better results. But what I'm seeing is maybe MC keep losing and MC more training and Author more manga chapters And more money making. If it was me or maybe I was expecting something like Wataru win and face the current king and win the new title king. Endgame. The author just want to do it on purpose so more chapter more money.
Sorry just my theory. Just want to get off my chest. Need to speak out loud. Might offence someone but i don't care. It good to release what's on your mind.
Apr 21, 2023 9:04 PM

Jul 2016
Chihaya thinking about if a pigeon is pregnant and waving bye to it is way funnier to me than it has any right to be.

Also, knowing her, I wonder if she'll even care about the "boyfriend" remark after being told she can't be a Queen.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» If you want to continue with the manga after watching

NiQ1 - Feb 21, 2023

19 by NiQ1 »»
Mar 21, 2:01 AM

» Chihayafuru 4

Kaguyachinchin - Nov 21, 2020

5 by Knighthammer619 »»
Mar 17, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2020

148 by tozeos »»
Jan 9, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

shanimebib - Jan 14, 2020

126 by realfifi »»
Dec 18, 2023 2:21 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2019

105 by Katsu-kun »»
Aug 15, 2023 4:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.