Forum Settings
Forums

Any anime with a gay/lesbian relationship in there normally?

New
Jan 20, 2020 8:05 AM

May 2016
I got the idea to ask this by watching Shinsekai yori. I'm not even sure a anime like this exists but what I mean is it is treated like a normal relationship and the all anime isn't about being gay so no yuri tag or whatever.
Jan 20, 2020 3:16 PM

Sep 2017
I haven't seen the one you're referring to but the ones that come to mind for me are

given
kirakira precure a la mode
sarazanmai (this is a tough one to recommend but the gay couple. big highlight if u can make it thru)
Jan 20, 2020 4:25 PM

Apr 2019
I think Carole and Tuesday and Cardcaptor Sakura are what you're looking for.
Jan 20, 2020 4:29 PM

May 2016
alicerubesty said:
I haven't seen the one you're referring to but the ones that come to mind for me are

given
kirakira precure a la mode
sarazanmai (this is a tough one to recommend but the gay couple. big highlight if u can make it thru)

I meant lesbian really only but ok.
I looked at the precure one it seemed they didn't actually end up in the end and it was just implied.

In the anime half the class was gay for whatever reason and the main character was in love with a girl for basically the entire anime. Of course, as usual she ended up with a guy but it was just there like it was normal nothing special about it.
Jan 20, 2020 6:27 PM
Jul 2018
+1 to Cardcaptor Sakura
Jan 20, 2020 11:06 PM

May 2019
Symphogear franchise from S2 on
Shinkon Gattai Godannar (there's a lesbian couple but they don't get much screentime overall, but they at least get an episode or two focused around them in the second season)
Star Driver (implied)
This one is a spoiler cuz it really doesn't happen until the very end but
Jan 21, 2020 1:28 PM

May 2010
Sorakaa said:
I got the idea to ask this by watching Shinsekai yori. I'm not even sure a anime like this exists but what I mean is it is treated like a normal relationship and the all anime isn't about being gay so no yuri tag or whatever.

No outright relationships among the characters per se but they treat LGBT as part of normal life: https://myanimelist.net/anime/37496/Double_Decker_Doug___Kirill

Might be better off watched as an English dub though. The comedic beats and timing are very Western and the JP acting is how Japanese would dub Western shows (drives me crazy since I watched this sub).
Jan 21, 2020 4:18 PM

Sep 2017
Doukyuusei and Given are really great shounen AI
Jan 21, 2020 7:05 PM

Feb 2019
mahou shoujo madoka magica

More topics from this board

» On my way to the depths.... (1)

monke_guy - 3 hours ago

0 by monke_guy »»
3 hours ago

» What manga do you think I'd like, based on my list?

misamxsa - Apr 10

6 by ColdBlackTeaFan »»
4 hours ago

» Ao Haru Ride Rant (Had to get this off my chest) Spoilers!

XGirl86 - 9 hours ago

0 by XGirl86 »»
9 hours ago

» Anime or manga with 'otaku ni yasashii gyaru' type character.

Thanatos1 - Apr 13

4 by DMind »»
Yesterday, 3:23 AM

» recommend me a psychological anime or a timey one

bringerofanan - Apr 13

5 by dugarasu »»
Yesterday, 1:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.