Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 19, 2020 11:43 PM

May 2019
Let's pretend you were given a ring, much like the one ring from Lord of the Rings but without the downsides, that allowed you to turn invisible when worn. But more than that, as an added bonus, you can also turn intangible while it's on if you so please, so you can walk through walls or have fists and bullets pass through your body harmlessly.

What sorts of things would you use this ring for, it having come into your possession and you having become aware of its powers? You can easily render the object powerless by smashing it, if you wish.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 20, 2020 1:36 AM

Jul 2016
Pranks mainly. I like the idea of suddenly appearing behind someone and scaring the pants off 'em. I know, my imagination is just that vast.
Jan 20, 2020 2:38 AM

Jul 2016
I woud visit Area 51.Think about it you are essentially inmune from any kind of weaponry and nobody can detect that you are trespassing,it´s the perfect opportunity.Of course that's a joke answer since i would never attempt something like that even if i had those kind of powers.
SummerynJan 20, 2020 5:12 AM
Jan 20, 2020 2:55 AM

Oct 2012
Hm, I don't think I would ever use it... In the past I would have used it to spy on others or to see my crush naked, but these days I'm living with my crush and I don't feel like spying on others anymore.
If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?

If life ain't just a joke
Then why am I dead?
Jan 20, 2020 2:56 AM

Nov 2011
Some crime obviously naturally. Not a single person won't misuse it.

Jan 20, 2020 2:59 AM
Jul 2018
I would use it to learn about people. Walk into situations and be that fly on the wall. Discover what really motivates people. Discover who is behind the mask. See what they are really like when nobody else is there. See what they really think of others.
Jan 20, 2020 3:17 AM

Jan 2009
i prefer if its teleportation like in Jumper movie so i can rob banks lol

but doing lewd things will not get me caught *pervert smile*
Jan 20, 2020 3:23 AM

Feb 2015
Travel the world. That ring's much more powerful than the most powerful passport in the world.
Jan 20, 2020 3:24 AM

Mar 2015
I'd go to places with lots of CCTV and would do stuff like throw a chair across the room etc. just to see myself in a "TOP 10 GHOST SIGHTINGS" video on Youtube.
Jan 20, 2020 3:28 AM

Jul 2014
lots and lots of illegal things....

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 20, 2020 3:39 AM

Jun 2019
ooo I could be stateless by choice

If I can also be intangible and nothing could hurt me I'd probably go to space and I'm assuming since nothing effects me - speed or gravity etc it'd almost be like transportation @deg.

People would describe me as a free thinking abstract idea - I'd seem like an apparition or god!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2020 3:41 AM

Jan 2009
HappyPicnic said:
ooo I could be stateless by choice

If I can also be intangible and nothing could hurt me I'd probably go to space and I'm assuming since nothing effects me - speed or gravity etc it'd almost be like transportation @deg.

People would describe me as a free thinking abstract idea - I'd seem like an apparition or god!

ah ye that could work too you can probably go faster than speed of light too since you will not accumulate mass so ye im all for it
Jan 20, 2020 4:56 AM

Feb 2019
But how can I feed my ego if I'm invisible? I don't like this ring, it definitely isn't a Cartier.
Jan 20, 2020 5:05 AM

Mar 2018
I must agree with Astro on this one. The inability to feed my gluttonous ego is not something that I would sign myself up for.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Jan 20, 2020 5:07 AM

Jan 2010
Freshell said:
Let's pretend you were given a ring, much like the one ring from Lord of the Rings but without the downsides, that allowed you to turn invisible when worn. But more than that, as an added bonus, you can also turn intangible while it's on if you so please, so you can walk through walls or have fists and bullets pass through your body harmlessly.

What sorts of things would you use this ring for, it having come into your possession and you having become aware of its powers? You can easily render the object powerless by smashing it, if you wish.

Firstly, I'd stole money from the rich.
Maybe help out in the war too.
Doing good deeds once in a while.
Jan 20, 2020 5:09 AM

Jan 2010
FlowersInTheRain said:
I would use it to learn about people. Walk into situations and be that fly on the wall. Discover what really motivates people. Discover who is behind the mask. See what they are really like when nobody else is there. See what they really think of others.

Oh, this is interesting too!! Never thought about it. Nice one :3
Jan 20, 2020 5:46 AM

Sep 2017
Probably mess with people, and learn about them too

Also...stealing stuff.
Jan 20, 2020 5:49 AM

Jul 2007
I'd be kind of curious to see how the world would react to a ghostly assassination live on air.
Jan 20, 2020 6:11 AM
Jul 2018
I'd put it on and sleep all day. No one to bug me. Sounds heavenly.
Jan 20, 2020 6:13 AM

Mar 2019
I would use my power to threaten Tommy Wiseau into making the room 2.
Jan 20, 2020 6:24 AM

Nov 2019
Well, scientifically I won't be able to see once I'm fully invisible, so...
I guess you could say it's a good way to find sleep and find solace in my life choices? There isn't much else to do
Jan 20, 2020 6:27 AM

Apr 2013
I would have a much easier time catching my cat if she has to go to the vet, that's for sure.

I would probably work as a detective and find out if people betray each other, should be an easy job with such a skill. I'm sure there are better ways to make money legally though, but I can't think of one right now.

Also go into the girl's dressing room obviously
Jan 20, 2020 6:29 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Accidentally slap my face a couple of times, unintentionally collide with a bunch of obstacles before I finally trip and fall but hey, at least I got one of the most useless superpowers known to man.

The intangible part on the other hand seems interesting. Hope gravity wouldn't work while I'm in that state or else I'll be fucked.
149597871Jan 20, 2020 6:35 AM
Jan 20, 2020 6:30 AM

Mar 2019
Gator said:
I would have a much easier time catching my cat if she has to go to the vet, that's for sure.

I would probably work as a detective and find out if people betray each other, should be an easy job with such a skill. I'm sure there are better ways to make money legally though, but I can't think of one right now.

Your like the only person that hasn't said stealing or killing etc.
Jan 20, 2020 6:31 AM

Nov 2019
Do you know what’s going through my head? *tee hee* Oh, I would be bad. Oh so bad. If I realised I was invisible one morning, I would scream at the top of my lungs. Then I would go to school and scare people I don’t like with some “paranormal activity”. It would be fun watching rumours flying around among schoolmates and teachers.

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
Jan 20, 2020 6:33 AM

Jul 2016
SynthwaveCrusade said:
Gator said:

Does going into Area 51 count as stealing or killing?Because i don´t think so.
Jan 20, 2020 6:33 AM

Apr 2013
SynthwaveCrusade said:
Gator said:

I would feel bad killing and stealing and I deem it unnecessary if you're powerful enough to pass through objects ^^
Jan 20, 2020 6:40 AM

Mar 2019
Missaliensan said:
SynthwaveCrusade said:

Does going into Area 51 count as stealing or killing?Because i don´t think so.

no, but it's certainly not legal trespassing in places
Jan 20, 2020 6:43 AM

Feb 2019
I'd probably just make people think they were being haunted by a ghost. Move shit around, close doors, turn the sink on and off, ring doorbells. That sort of thing~

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Jan 20, 2020 8:05 AM

Feb 2019
Luchse said:
I must agree with Astro on this one. The inability to feed my gluttonous ego is not something that I would sign myself up for.
You'd still find ways to feed your ego even if you were invisible, Lukkun, because invisible people can still be full of themselves.
Jan 20, 2020 8:12 AM

Mar 2018
Kosmonaut said:
Luchse said:
You'd still find ways to feed your ego even if you were invisible, Lukkun, because invisible people can still be full of themselves.
The thing with this is that it sounds good but doesn't work.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Jan 20, 2020 8:17 AM
Jan 2020
Use it to get away from every annoying person that sees you across the hall and calls to you
inactive
Jan 20, 2020 9:06 AM

Aug 2018
Form a religion in my name

Also rob a bank and stuff
<Insert clever quote>
Jan 20, 2020 9:15 AM

Mar 2012
Write "Satan is here" in huge red font on the wall behind the priest while the Sunday mass is going on. Would be fun to see all those religious idiots lose their shit as the letters appear out of nowhere XD To make it a little more fun I might just add 'Satan is here for his beloved child <priest's name>' I'm going to hell anyways

Also go to my sister's apartment and misplace/hide all her important belongings.
Jan 20, 2020 10:11 AM

Apr 2019
Become the sudden gust of wind that blows up schoolgirls skirts.
Jan 20, 2020 12:03 PM

Oct 2018
I would save as many lives as I could and help those in need, fight crime, bring justice and righteousness,expose evil , never give myself away and would stay in the shadows they would call me their savior,hero,God but I would just be living my life as usual, no one would suspect me and when I die I would give this ring of power to someone who will continue my work, someone who I could trust completely.Basically I would save the world.

Jan 20, 2020 12:11 PM

Dec 2015
I would stand in the corner of your mom's bedroom and slow masturbate to her changing her bed sheets.
Jan 20, 2020 2:11 PM

Mar 2016
In the past, my answer was always "go for a walk". I had extreme anxiety for all of my teen years. It started to get better in adulthood. Now I am at the point where I can go on walks (sometimes).

I was walking a few weeks ago when this very question popped into my head, and I was thinking about how I actually was walking at that very moment. It was the one thing I wanted to be able to do for so many years.

I then thought, now that I can do this, what would my answer be?

My answer would be "run". I still have way too much anxiety to be running up and down the streets outside, but maybe one day I can.

And I still wish I could be invisible to go on walks sometimes. My anxiety has been preventing it the past week or two, and it's annoying.
"Wonder is always difficult until you forgive whoever destroyed your love of surprises"  Edmond Manning

Jan 20, 2020 4:39 PM

May 2013
I'd haunt people and sneak into planes to travel the world

Jan 21, 2020 2:31 AM

Jul 2009
I would steal free samples in supermarkets
Jan 21, 2020 3:09 AM
Jul 2018
I'll go everywhere.. :D

walk through traffic.. enter all, especially restricted places for free.. go to the cinemas for free and watch all the movies.. go to discos, bars, clubs, prisons.. sneak into subs, trains, planes, ships.. just watch people endlessly and travel the world..
Jan 21, 2020 3:17 AM

Sep 2017
assassinate corrupt politicians i guess
Jan 21, 2020 4:14 AM

Jul 2015
I would try to find someone I would personally consider not worthy of living based on my own selfish viewpoints and arbitrary standards
I will follow him or her into their home then proceed to; Steal their valuables. Deliberately misplace valued possessions. Cut cables. Cause pipes to leak. Unscrew screws. Tear clothing. Spoil food. Soak sensitive electronics.
If this target has a spouse, even better. I will stalk this spouse until they start using their online accounts/profiles. I'll observe/record their input of credentials so that I may steal their identity.
If I can access the spouse's financial accounts and personal information, I shall spread it on the internet for any malicious 3rd parties to capitalize on.
If I can access the spouse's social media accounts, I shall fabricate messages soliciting relationships/sex with random people on their friends list. I would then make these messages known to the target by either leaving a computer or device with the spouse's account logged-in while the target is around. Eventually the target will discover them and the messages will surely cause tensions between the target and the spouse.
If the target has a pet, I shall poison its food.
I would also follow this target to their workplace. I shall steal supplies, destroy documents, and generally cause the target to be so unproductive that they'll be released from their office.
If all this was not enough to drive them to suicide, I would then commit arson on their home.
I am dreadfully curious about the limits of human resilience against suffering.

serious answer; I'd give it to scientists because omg magical ring.

Jan 21, 2020 11:55 AM

May 2019
Salvatia said:
I would try to find someone I would personally consider not worthy of living based on my own selfish viewpoints and arbitrary standards
I will follow him or her into their home then proceed to; Steal their valuables. Deliberately misplace valued possessions. Cut cables. Cause pipes to leak. Unscrew screws. Tear clothing. Spoil food. Soak sensitive electronics.
If this target has a spouse, even better. I will stalk this spouse until they start using their online accounts/profiles. I'll observe/record their input of credentials so that I may steal their identity.
If I can access the spouse's financial accounts and personal information, I shall spread it on the internet for any malicious 3rd parties to capitalize on.
If I can access the spouse's social media accounts, I shall fabricate messages soliciting relationships/sex with random people on their friends list. I would then make these messages known to the target by either leaving a computer or device with the spouse's account logged-in while the target is around. Eventually the target will discover them and the messages will surely cause tensions between the target and the spouse.
If the target has a pet, I shall poison its food.
I would also follow this target to their workplace. I shall steal supplies, destroy documents, and generally cause the target to be so unproductive that they'll be released from their office.
If all this was not enough to drive them to suicide, I would then commit arson on their home.
I am dreadfully curious about the limits of human resilience against suffering.

Now, this is the kind of reply I was hoping for. Very creative. The malice is dripping from my computer screen.
serious answer; I'd give it to scientists because omg magical ring.

That's cool too I guess. :v
Jan 21, 2020 2:43 PM

Jul 2019
Pull pranks on people, try to become a super hero.
Jan 21, 2020 5:36 PM

Mar 2008
I would just watch some people, learn things, and do things to protect some. I would be discreet about it as I can since even if it's hard to believe someone could figure it out or assume it's a ghost and that can lead to word getting around which would cause other people to know something weird is going on. It's better if it's mysterious occurrences. I could also if I pleased make someone aweful enough lose their mind by simply moving objects around while they sleep and replace them with different but similar objects if only they have seen it before.
Jan 21, 2020 5:42 PM

Feb 2018
Any school girl in a 100km radius will be in danger.
Jan 21, 2020 6:10 PM

Oct 2017
I would most likely steal money then I would steal military equipment and secrets, bribe officers capable of providing me nuclear submarines etc.
I would found my own state with nuclear capability under my own command, I would recruit scientists and people with the stolen money , eventually it would become a mercenary state where we help based on contracts and fear of nuclear striking.

Maybe it would never work out the way I'm expecting but I would definitely try.
If my plan fails, I would just blackmail the government and get a position in CIA's political action group.
With invisibility I could cause severe civil unrest in chosen countries and charge the government for my work.
If they don't accept my demands I would kill the president and his cabinet/political allies or maybe kill the whole government.
Fate_Saber88Jan 21, 2020 6:14 PM
''Enemies' gifts are no gifts and do no good.''
Jan 21, 2020 6:33 PM

Jan 2017
I'd probably just use it to go on walks and not be seen just as a means to get away from people and relax. I couldn't use it for spying on people or anything it'd be too hard to live with that guilt
Jan 21, 2020 6:38 PM

Feb 2019
I will only use it in the urgent matter (where I starve or something like that) I will steal some food or money to buy food, I can't think of anything else to use that superpower for
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » the future of AI girlfriend technology

deg - 2 hours ago

10 by KittenCuddler »»
8 minutes ago

» For everyone who has signed up to this site using Protonmail, and doesn't use that address for anything else

vasipi4946 - 16 minutes ago

0 by vasipi4946 »»
16 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

672 by MadanielFL »»
21 minutes ago

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity?

DesuMaiden - Apr 18

45 by Crystepsi »»
43 minutes ago

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

19 by Crystepsi »»
45 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.