New
how often are you a postive thinker?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 24, 2020 3:57 AM

Apr 2017
deg said:
makoa said:
I try my hardest to be optimistic but my brain doesn’t allow me :c

oh shit are you a native japanese? its rare to see a japanese here on MAL forums because usually they cannot speak English good

hang in there and keep trying to be optimistic dude

Thank you! You are very kind ,, I am half Japanese, I am currently living here with my grandparents ! My Japanese isn’t the greatest to be honest ; mainly because I grew up around mostly English speakers
-
Jan 24, 2020 5:01 AM

Jul 2014
Mashmakhan said:
i'm somewhat of a positive pessimist, as oxymoronic as that sounds.
i understand the world is fucked and that there is no real point being upset about that, so might as well be happy. i guess i'm a quitter who is happy they don't need to worry about the game anymore.

That is the Bartleby lesson, if one do not like the system one can always go die in a prison, or be an unhappy cynical self-conscious slave.
SafeanewJan 24, 2020 6:49 AM
Jan 24, 2020 3:43 PM

Mar 2013
Safeanew said:
Mashmakhan said:
i'm somewhat of a positive pessimist, as oxymoronic as that sounds.
i understand the world is fucked and that there is no real point being upset about that, so might as well be happy. i guess i'm a quitter who is happy they don't need to worry about the game anymore.

That is the Bartleby lesson, if one do not like the system one can always go die in a prison, or be an unhappy cynical self-conscious slave.

those both sound pretty negative to me lol. is there no third option?
meditate on bass weight.
Jan 25, 2020 2:10 AM

Jul 2014
Mashmakhan said:
Safeanew said:

those both sound pretty negative to me lol. is there no third option?

The third option is to accept hopelessness, that there is no easy solutions. When panels talk about serious topics like global warming and the geopolitical situation, they quite often end their talk with: "but there is hope". This is a bluff, the right way to end it is to say, we have no solutions, the situation is open/chaotic, it is time to really think about the problem: "what is the problem?"

One should be rationally egoistic, it is good to have basic freedom of choice, one have some free time to do things of one's own choosing, but that is not true freedom. True freedom means being able to change how the system works.
So one should think about what truly gives one power to influence one's life and how the society functions. Many rich people build some supposed environmentally friendly home mostly isolated from society, this is part of the problem, not the solution. The system is a global system, so the only way to truly change it, is on a global level. One should fight one's local battles and think about the bigger problems.
Jan 25, 2020 2:16 AM

Apr 2011
how often are you a positive thinker?

Rarely.

Being positive is a good thing, but usually you are not being positive, you are being naive!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » General Advice Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Dec 8, 2013

9877 by anton122 »»
10 minutes ago

» Is it a good idea to stay relatively anonymous online?

DesuMaiden - 2 hours ago

12 by LightWorker »»
29 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you live with regrets?

Lightskynight - Apr 18

15 by Sorachin »»
1 hour ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

654 by Hitagi__Furude »»
1 hour ago

» Is this forum dead? It seems like it.

DesuMaiden - Apr 17

47 by animegamer245 »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.