Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 18, 2020 1:31 PM

Dec 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Episodes 3-6 were streamed on Amazon Prime Video in Japan on January 12

alright, this was quite a confusing episode. still didn't get all the intricacies of this assassination, especially the last scene. were Inui's memories edited by Tsukasa? did advisor Shuu really say "where's the ball?" or it was just Inui's imagination? and why would he say that when the ball was right in front of him?

and Inui's connection to this whole scenario was kinda paper-thin. was he chosen just because of his child trauma and him just being basically a mold to pour out his rage? perhaps, someone would explain me if i'm getting anything wrong here

also big reveal Tsukasa being the boss of this gang, huh

Jan 19, 2020 10:51 AM

Sep 2017
I really enjoyed the most of the episode until it ended rather confusingly as OP pointed out. I feel like it really should have been a 2-episode arc. I have no clue about what the yakusa and the Chinese triad and ambassador were on about, what stack the mind controllers have in it. Did they cut a lot of things out while adapting it from the manga?
Jan 20, 2020 5:25 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Still experimental but I actually did enjoy this episode, I like how they're exploring many psychology aspects like that.
Jan 20, 2020 6:07 AM

Dec 2016
For starters, these alleged Yakuza guys already know of the legendary Inui who's got a rep for killing Yakuzas, yet none of them carry any kind weapon to at least defend themselves? And they call themselves Yakuzas? Pft. How smart of the three to go into a dark alley alone with Inui, when they could had picked up a fight 3 on 1 right outside that hotel, so at least if things go sour one or even more of them can make a run for it. Talk about terribly writen goons, it's almost as bad as The Beastars' Lion Mafia

Three episodes already and we have no idea who's providing the money and orders for Katsuragi and his crew. It's hard to care for any of the characters doing shady jobs without having any background info. Having a temperamental Hiroki whining and making a couple break-up just because his boyfriend left him for a job, makes him even less likeable.
Jan 20, 2020 6:55 AM

Nov 2010
As this show has gayish vibe, I checked the information of the original comics again. The comics was published 17 years ago and the author is female, born in 1966. No wonder this show has such a taste. Actually, BL culture among the girls in Japan has very long history. I also have the similar impression to "Banana Fish" in this show.

The anime industry is going to dig plots from the past!? Of course, it should be better than LNs of nowadays, but kind of lamentable situation.
Jan 20, 2020 7:25 AM
May 2017
This was a great and mindboggling episode.
Jan 20, 2020 7:44 AM

Sep 2016
The case in this episode was just OK. Or maybe because I don't fully understand the relationships & why each parties took such actions.
But the reveal at the end of Tsukasa being the boss was a quite surprising & interesting twist.

Ep 4-6 will be super amazing. Looking forward to ppl's comments on them. Hopefully the rating of the show will be raised as it deserves at least an 8/10 in my opinion.
Jan 20, 2020 8:02 AM

Jun 2014
I didnt understand shit during Tsukasa work nor what Hiroki did with the girl and her bf. Looks like i need to rewatch it million times as what i did with the previous eps. But yay for Hayashi coming back to my screen. And I enjoyed the bl moments <3
Jan 20, 2020 9:24 AM

May 2015
It was kinda interesting, this happened and that, ugly past revealed. But in the end, I realized I have no idea why this guy was even targeted and what the purpose of the job was.

Little moments keep me intrigued but not so much as to not consider dropping the show. It seems like a kind of story I'll soon easily forget and thus there's no point in watching unless the characters themselves are really interesting and likable. Can't say they are yet. Maybe I'll decide after the next episode.
Jan 20, 2020 9:57 AM

Sep 2016
kuroneko99 said:
As this show has gayish vibe, I checked the information of the original comics again. The comics was published 17 years ago and the author is female, born in 1966. No wonder this show has such a taste. Actually, BL culture among the girls in Japan has very long history. I also have the similar impression to "Banana Fish" in this show.

The anime industry is going to dig plots from the past!? Of course, it should be better than LNs of nowadays, but kind of lamentable situation.

As long as this show doesn't throw gay in the face I am okay otherwise I am out, not at all a fan of BL. I am here only for the mystery, a big mystery, thriller, seinen targeted story lover, I am.
OeKusoBabaJan 20, 2020 10:01 AM
Jan 20, 2020 10:22 AM
Jul 2018
I'll have to watch the ep again to understand the Chinese mafia stuff. Tsukasa is interesting, I'm not a big fan of Hiroki this episode.
Jan 20, 2020 10:30 AM

Oct 2017
The central plot of this episode was less amusing than that of the previous 2, specifically because I felt they threw too much info too quickly for me.
Also the shop was kind of a surprise, I was wondering how much time had passed since the last episode. Hiroki acts like a 10 year old kid and that's a little problematic but not so much as to bother me. What he did to that girl was horrible and I'm happy that he realized it himself, thus not selling her the fish.

I really like Tsukasa. His behavior and his cool demeanor sells it for me. And yes, the gay vibes continue strong. Hiroki was adorable when he saw Tsukasa and went to hug him. But judging from the last scene, Tsukasa "fakes" his kindness sort of because of Hiroki's powers. I like that a lot tbh, it shows another part of Tsukasa that we haven't seen so far.

Next episode, we'll see Hayashi!
Can't wait, it'll be great, I'm sure of it!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2020 10:51 AM

Jan 2018
Looks like Hiroki is being used by Tsukasa, now i feel bad for him.
Jan 20, 2020 10:56 AM

Jan 2017
There were a couple things about this episode I wasn't 100% sure on with most of them being related to Inui's backstory. I thought that maybe the way in which it was presented could've been better but that may be just me.
Jan 20, 2020 10:59 AM

Jun 2013
This episode was actually pretty sad
Jan 20, 2020 11:20 AM

Jan 2011
ugh the tsukasa reveal was good i'm interested for more now but i feel bad for hiroki if it's all fake kindness

BlackCicero said:
There were a couple things about this episode I wasn't 100% sure on with most of them being related to Inui's backstory. I thought that maybe the way in which it was presented could've been better but that may be just me.

yea it was kinda weird the way they showed it but to my understanding he went through physical abuse and was forced to dress up as a girl? idk if that woman abusing him was his real mother or a foster mother tho. saw some people suggest that inui was also sold for sex but i understood it as his mother selling herself and then gives the money to her own mother/inui's grandmother
Jan 20, 2020 11:40 AM

Aug 2019
At first I thought that they were a really cute couple and I was like damn they’re so sweet and then the pet thing cake up and that little smirk and now I’m just like wait a damn second
Jan 20, 2020 11:40 AM

Dec 2014
Tsukasa is actually the ring leader eh? That's interesting, from the last episode you'd have guessed he was just another field agent like Hiroki.

I'm not entirely certain about all the details of this episode but I hope the next few will clear them up.
Jan 20, 2020 11:41 AM

Nov 2019
Honestly still enjoying this series quite a bit. Hopefully from what the ending left us on it is about to get on with like the main conflict to see where it is trying to go. The whole Tsukasa thing was certainly interesting. I honestly was not expecting that. Longing to see more.
Don't let others ruin things for you. Even if a toxic fan pisses in your cereal, you could just get another bowl of cereal.
My Anime List - My Manga List
Jan 20, 2020 11:43 AM

Jan 2017
wank said:
ugh the tsukasa reveal was good i'm interested for more now but i feel bad for hiroki if it's all fake kindness

BlackCicero said:

yea it was kinda weird the way they showed it but to my understanding he went through physical abuse and was forced to dress up as a girl? idk if that woman abusing him was his real mother or a foster mother tho. saw some people suggest that inui was also sold for sex but i understood it as his mother selling herself and then gives the money to her own mother/inui's grandmother
Yeah basically what I was wondering was who Inui's real mother and father were. I was guessing the woman who called Inui "Kohei" was his real mother and I was wondering if his real father might have been the man Inui fought with over the baseball bat at the end of flashback.
Jan 20, 2020 12:49 PM

Mar 2010
Not sure if he is the boss of the gang,
maybe he just does the act because he wants to protect his friend?

Keep in mind they can alter other people.
Jan 20, 2020 12:51 PM

Dec 2014
Manipulating people to do your bidding hmm
Jan 20, 2020 1:05 PM

Oct 2017
Lylaaz said:
Not sure if he is the boss of the gang,
maybe he just does the act because he wants to protect his friend?

Keep in mind they can alter other people.

I don't know if he is the "boss" exactly but he sure seemed like he has the upper control compared to Katsuragi like we all thought in the beginning.
There are some indicators of this:
- The Opening focuses more on him than, let's say, Hiroki who we assume is the main character
-If you noticed during his dialogue exchange with Katsuragi, he doesn't use an honorific. He just calls him Katsuragi. That might seem strange though because in the second episode at Kenji's house where Hiroki trapped Katsuragi in his own memories, Tsukasa called out to him to wake him up as "Katsuragi-san" if I remember correctly. I believe that means Tsukasa fakes the polite tone on Katsuragi in order to give the impression to Hiroki and probably Satoru as well that he is just an underling.
Also, his voice tone is very different. So far it's been soft, gentle and kind. During his talk with Katsuragi, his voice was cold, distant and his tone a little bit aggressive I could say.
I don't believe he has changed any memories of anyone. I don't thing he needs to, besides Hiroki of course.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2020 1:31 PM

Mar 2017
Tsukasa's character is really interesting... I can't work out with he's a 'good' guy or a 'bad' guy. I thought he genuinely cared about Hiroki but not judging by what he said at the end there... and he seems kinda shady too...
Jan 20, 2020 1:49 PM
Nov 2019
This one seemed okayish.
Jan 20, 2020 2:47 PM

Feb 2011
Wow, I'm baffled by how bad this is, like.. garbage actually. Wasn't this supposed to be a passion project or something ?
Jan 20, 2020 4:23 PM
Dec 2019
Hatsuyuki said:
Wow, I'm baffled by how bad this is, like.. garbage actually. Wasn't this supposed to be a passion project or something ?
Its descent by now, but it looks like it will have some strong episodes later. Can you explain why you think it’s trash?
Jan 20, 2020 5:15 PM

Mar 2019
CHC said:
I really enjoyed the most of the episode until it ended rather confusingly as OP pointed out. I feel like it really should have been a 2-episode arc. I have no clue about what the yakusa and the Chinese triad and ambassador were on about, what stack the mind controllers have in it. Did they cut a lot of things out while adapting it from the manga?

The very psychic guys don't know what they are doing, they're just following orders from the Company... I guess we'll find out more along the way
my dark magical girl webseries
https://unsafemahoushoujo.wordpress.com/blog/
Jan 20, 2020 6:14 PM

Sep 2017
So I think I understand everything that happened with changing the memories and stuff, but I have no fucking clue what the point was. Was it just that the Chinese had Inui out killing Yakuza so the Yakuza hired our memories boys to stop them? I'd appreciate a little explanation of why things are happening, show.

Anyway Hiroki makes a real dick move because his "lover" left for work. And it turns out Tsukasa is more than a simple foot soldier.
Jan 20, 2020 6:28 PM
Mar 2014
Does anyone know how old Hiroki and Tsukasa are? Also, I'm loving the gay vibes in this show.
Jan 20, 2020 8:21 PM

Oct 2008
this show is really good on expressing things like a deeper environment inside a twisted person which is very volatile, violent and toxic...what ever you name it!
Tsukasa is suited for any situations huh and a cool and composed dude huh...
5/5.

Jan 20, 2020 8:23 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
The Mandarin in this episode is so distracting, lmao. I appreciate them trying to make it seem authentic though and not magic (we can all speak Japanese! or we're actually speaking in Mandarin, but you hear Japanese ;] ) I could understand maybe half of it without the subs, but only one of them had a pretty good accent, heh.

Anyways, the Tsukara reveal was interesting. He seemed pretty detached when he called Hiroki a "pet," and how he'd do anything to keep him since someone like Hiroki is so hard to find. With all the synopses on different sites, you'd think 'pet' meant all those who can dive and synchronize with other people, but looks like it's meant to mislead us. Or maybe that's still the case, it's just a pet can have a pet...hmmm.

I'm still going to reiterate what I said last episode, that at most, there's only romantic friendship going on here, which I wouldn't call gay. Sometimes intense admiration can be mistaken as romantic interest. The mangaka being female solidifies that all the more. From the available titles under the mangaka on mangaupdates, the mangaka hasn't written any BL. Sometimes, like Natsume Yuujinchou's mangaka, female writers don't know how to portray friendship between males and so it becomes unintentionally homoerotic (according to a post I've read once but idk the source of the info). Well, I can always be wrong though. People feeling "gay vibes" ultimately has nothing to do with me :P
Jan 20, 2020 11:02 PM

Nov 2018
Wow, it is getting better with every episode.
Jan 20, 2020 11:13 PM

Oct 2009
This is just a confusing mess at this point. Doesn't help that Japan keeps releasing several episodes at once, and we're here just ??? with one episode a week.
Jan 20, 2020 11:25 PM

Jun 2014
ProofByColor said:
So I think I understand everything that happened with changing the memories and stuff, but I have no fucking clue what the point was. Was it just that the Chinese had Inui out killing Yakuza so the Yakuza hired our memories boys to stop them? I'd appreciate a little explanation of why things are happening, show.

I think the whole plan was to kill the consular by using one of the Yakuza underling,because i think after the company secured the routes by using him, they didnt find him anymore useful. Or maybe because the consular was working with the Chinese group in secret as well and they didnt like that?

Anyway im pretty sure Inui story and Tsukasa work was an anime original. I dont remember reading this in the manga. But i didnt double check.
Jan 21, 2020 4:08 AM

Jul 2016
Lelouch0202 said:
Tsukasa is actually the ring leader eh? That's interesting, from the last episode you'd have guessed he was just another field agent like Hiroki.

I'm not entirely certain about all the details of this episode but I hope the next few will clear them up.

I loved the swing on this one although feel it is too early to reveal Tsukasa as the boss.

Like how he is playing a minor role in his organisation. Gives you a real Keyser Soze feeling.
Jan 21, 2020 4:08 AM

Jul 2016
yellowheartren said:
This is just a confusing mess at this point. Doesn't help that Japan keeps releasing several episodes at once, and we're here just ??? with one episode a week.

It is really not that difficult to understand.
Jan 21, 2020 5:13 AM

Sep 2019
Hitwoman said:
I didnt understand shit during Tsukasa work nor what Hiroki did with the girl and her bf. Looks like i need to rewatch it million times as what i did with the previous eps. But yay for Hayashi coming back to my screen. And I enjoyed the bl moments <3
well i think the girl part was him projecting accidentally to her mind? can you connect thru someone with just touching something they touched before? or he is so good at getting into people's brains that he doesn't need to really touch someone to change their minds? or he just made her see the things from a different perspective, but probably his power had something to do and that is why he is angry, it appears he doesn't want to use his ability to change people's opinions.

And with Tsukasa it looks like he changed the dialog of "this is a good bat uh" to where is the ball that is where Inui's trauma was, fucking up the only peak he had in his life, because that person represented the thing he most hate and the thing he mostly want, a loving father, and that man represents the only person that actually appreciated him in some way, so he visualize him as a father form he never had, so he is willing to do everything for him, the original guy he saw didn't accept him because yea, you are a random kid holding my kid's bat and you are not letting it go get lost. So fucking up the only peak he had basically fucked his brain, idk what other thing he did other than destroying his peak that was stated before in the show that this is a bad thing since episode 1 with Satoru, still don't know if he created a new peak.
Jan 21, 2020 3:09 PM

Jul 2017
Hiroki and Tsukasa are definitely getting along, but with the BL pretty much prevalent at this time.

The Chinese is just very off, though you can tell that the Japanese accent is pretty much there, but props for trying to create a scene as such, I guess.

Is Inui really just killing Yakuza for profit or for something? That's where Tsukasa is figuring out through the skin contact to find out his past memories and connections (again with the peaks and valleys). Didn't expect him to be the head honcho behind all this, but just have to see what where this ride will go.

Anyways in Inui's case, the case of him being used stems from his peak of constant humiliation and abuse when he was young, and with the baseball bat (most likely revenge), that became his valley. Simple case, this wasn't so hard, thought I was being taken for an obscene ride.

And then finally, Hiroki is Tsukasa's "pet", the eventual reveal. What all this entails, there's still more to go.
Jan 21, 2020 3:51 PM

Apr 2011
Really interesting and sad episode.

I'm loving the BL hints but I'm sad that Tsukasa sees Hiroki as a pet... well, at least now the series's name makes sense.
Jan 21, 2020 6:18 PM

Jan 2018
Looks like the Chinese Triads are involved in this deep world. At least that job seems much more easier than last time.

Keeping Hiroki in check because of his "pet", no wonder he's being taken cared of.
Jan 21, 2020 6:44 PM

Feb 2018
This episode was kind of confusing, but I hope they'll explain things better throughout the next episodes. I didn't quite get why Hiroki broke up the couple? At first, it seemed to me as if he was trying to help the girl, but, later, he seemed guilty. I didn't make much sense to me. Also, the Tsukasa scene at end was quite cryptic. I'm not really sure if he is the boss, as some people were suggesting: I think there aren't enough evidence for that so far. I really do hope he's not faking his kindness around Hiroki to manipulate him; my interpretation, for now, was something like: they've got a special bond, so Tsukasa will do anything in his power to protect Hiroki. I'm not sure if I'm right, but I really hope so. If it's the other way around, it'll make me really disappointed with the show.
Jan 21, 2020 8:57 PM

Sep 2017
I understood everything except for the whole chinese mafia conflict. They drop too much info sometimes, but I'm liking the psychological aspect of this anime.

Jan 21, 2020 11:02 PM

Mar 2009
Hiroki's kind of a jerk, huh?
Jan 21, 2020 11:37 PM

Nov 2019
TheAmbassador said:
Hatsuyuki said:
Its descent by now, but it looks like it will have some strong episodes later. Can you explain why you think it’s trash?

Because he doesn't understand most of it obviously, such a simple minded person

I don't completely understand it myself but Tsukasa gives me Kira vibes so I'm in
Jan 22, 2020 1:32 AM

Oct 2017
Inui's backstory was disgusting and lol what Hiroki is Tsukasa's pet.
Jan 22, 2020 5:49 AM

Nov 2016
This was pretty intriguing again. I still hope for more infos in the next episode that will help me to get a better understanding of the rl events, the connection of the characters and the motivation for some actions.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 22, 2020 12:40 PM
May 2019
This episode was intense, the abuse scenes with mother gave me Insidious 2 vibes.
Jan 22, 2020 12:56 PM

Nov 2019

So now Hiroki thinks Tsukasa is doing it with Satoru behind his back..
Jan 22, 2020 2:09 PM

Feb 2011
TheAmbassador said:
Hatsuyuki said:

It basically boils down to the confusing presentation and the incredibly boring characters. Nothing about this story hooks me so far and the direction does absolutely NOTHING to help me in that regard.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pet Episode 10 Discussion

Ashhk - Mar 9, 2020

36 by JeanFranciss »»
Feb 18, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 8 Discussion

Ashhk - Feb 24, 2020

37 by JeanFranciss »»
Feb 11, 8:26 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 6 Discussion

uninstallthegame - Jan 18, 2020

43 by JeanFranciss »»
Feb 4, 9:31 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 5 Discussion

uninstallthegame - Jan 18, 2020

45 by Roch2001 »»
Nov 25, 2023 4:03 AM

» Why so spicy 🌶

CielIsAWeeb - Nov 30, 2022

1 by KushiAyane »»
Aug 24, 2023 3:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.