Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 19, 2020 1:19 AM

Oct 2007
the only thing that I could not understand is why they put a sad panda character into the center. Have been following them for years on youtube, and Reika would have done a much better job. Will still follow the anime out of my loyalty to the group, but I hope Miu drama won't be the story 90% the time.
Jan 19, 2020 1:23 AM

Jan 2011
better than the first still no idea where this wall plot line is going fact all the judging happened anyway showcases not all of them are remotely ready and is raising some questions let alone making Miu the center but we can't disobey it!

was nice that they were all supportive of Miu in their own way but i was kinda confused since i thought they all just met they all seem a lot closer and i don't think a lot of time has passed.
Jan 19, 2020 4:02 AM

Oct 2017
Pretty good episode, everyone being nice to Miu was sweet.
Jan 19, 2020 6:12 AM

Jan 2014
Miu reminds me of Megumi from Food Wars honestly. As in the girl who could have a lot of talent, just needs a confidence boost.
Jan 19, 2020 8:40 AM

Jun 2019
Quotes from this show:
Kabe wa zettai desu!
Jan 19, 2020 8:44 AM

Jan 2011
VeganL said:
Short_Circut said:

KyoAni? This looks more like Love Live lol

The animation style is much more similar to K-On!, Tamako Market/Love Story, Chuunibyou demo Koi, etc. (i.e. KyoAni shows) than Love Live's animation style.

even more so if you look at the Kanojo-tachi ONA which i just discovered was a thing since their only a min long the quality of them could be mistaken for KyoAni
Jan 19, 2020 11:33 AM

Feb 2011
This episode was fine it not was really special. I still feel relatable to Miu and I love Sakura too.
I think the reason Miu choose as center has something to do with her past. She use to play keyboard and stuff before I guess her dad was out of picture or maybe died? Her little sister is saying she love Miu to play the keyboard in the first episode but for some reason she is going scared of it.. I wonder why?
Jan 19, 2020 11:48 AM

Oct 2008
The Walls orders are ABSOLUTE! lolz i'm not sure how i'm gonna process that...haha
but this idol show is still hiding something so let's see...
4/5.

3000 yen per day....hey that's my pay rate! lolz might be even higher for these girls!

Rising_Blade said:
I still think the wall is a dumb idea.

That's not dumb, they want to showcase us a different approach to idols shows!

Jan 19, 2020 5:48 PM

Jul 2009
ibraheem234 said:
So like I am wondering why are they called when they are 8 girls instead of 7

There are actually 11 of them! But it seems that the final 3 will be in an OVA episode. The group's name is the fraction "twenty-two sevenths" which is close to the circumference of a circle but still can't be divided neatly, and is supposed to represent the infinite potential of the group's future.
誰も、未来を信じない
Jan 19, 2020 10:46 PM
May 2016
Ahegyao said:
Shiroyuina said:
The thing that I don’t like is that they need to obey the wall orders?? Like why would I want to obey someone who I don’t know? But other than that I love the songs and characters.

It is Idol Olmec. You don't fucking question it.

praise the magic conch
Jan 19, 2020 10:50 PM
May 2016
shirley1994 said:
This episode was fine it not was really special. I still feel relatable to Miu and I love Sakura too.
I think the reason Miu choose as center has something to do with her past. She use to play keyboard and stuff before I guess her dad was out of picture or maybe died? Her little sister is saying she love Miu to play the keyboard in the first episode but for some reason she is going scared of it.. I wonder why?

I thought maybe the wall believed that this something Miu needed, or it read all of them with the judging and was able to predict how things would end up depending on the order. It's also possible it saw the possible futures and the only one where they were successful involved Miu being the center. It's so interesting to think about how this wall works.
Jan 20, 2020 5:15 AM
Jan 2017
As of right now, this is by far the most unique idol anime since "AKB0048"
Jan 20, 2020 5:21 AM

Oct 2007
matias067 said:
The Walls orders are ABSOLUTE! lolz i'm not sure how i'm gonna process that...haha
but this idol show is still hiding something so let's see...
4/5.

3000 yen per day....hey that's my pay rate! lolz might be even higher for these girls!

I had the imagination that coins or some kind of money comes out of that thing's mouth. Maybe it's the wall that pay them? xD
Jan 20, 2020 9:08 AM
Jun 2019
The wall reminds me of movie Wanted, where the assassins receive orders from a loom :v
Jan 20, 2020 9:14 AM

May 2009
uninstallthegame said:
VeganL said:

The animation style is much more similar to K-On!, Tamako Market/Love Story, Chuunibyou demo Koi, etc. (i.e. KyoAni shows) than Love Live's animation style.

nah, not the animations style, but the character design. and you're partially correct on this one because the character design for Miu was created by a KyoAni staff, but only her. the other ones were designed by a different person, tho it seems they've tried to replicate that KyoAni feel

You got it wrong. Each girl was designed by different artist (for example Miu by Yukiko Horiguchi and Nicole by Kurehito Misaki). Yuki Horiguchi has been freelancer before even Tamako Market was out and she did (re-)designs for last years ONA shorts done by Cloverworks. Based on her redesigns Majiro did designs for this, A1's anime.
Jan 20, 2020 1:49 PM

Dec 2017
bastek66 said:

You got it wrong. Each girl was designed by different artist (for example Miu by Yukiko Horiguchi and Nicole by Kurehito Misaki). Yuki Horiguchi has been freelancer before even Tamako Market was out and she did (re-)designs for last years ONA shorts done by Cloverworks. Based on her redesigns Majiro did designs for this, A1's anime.

i see. the ona characters do look a lot better than these. and tbh, akane gives off the most kyoani feel and nicole looks more like a shirbako character
Jan 20, 2020 2:50 PM

Jul 2017
The Wall "Olmec" for an idol group, what contrived plot is this, but definitely not your usual idol show.

Of the newly formed idol group so far, only Nicole Saito shows talent. But The Wall has chosen Miu instead to take centerstage, for reasons unknown, and everyone has to do it irregardless.

Looking at Miu's overly depressing life, it's clear that she's trying her best to push through limitations, and the entire group (minus Saito of course) ended up stalking her to esteem confidence and standing out but by bit. Lil' bit of the forced drama...

This was a surprisingly fast episode whizzed through. Would like to see more against the many conflicting backdrops.
Jan 20, 2020 5:05 PM
Nov 2018
ok what is wrong with her voice, everyone's is super anime, but her lines sound like she phoned them in from her bathroom break, it's so distracting
Jan 22, 2020 3:41 PM

Aug 2007
Miu still has her own fears and doubts, but I like that she can go on, not only because her mother and sister, for herself.

The center? That is a brave decision considering the audition.
Jan 24, 2020 2:47 AM
Jun 2016
I just looking for the VA, nothing more nothing less

Fuck with the anime concept
Jan 25, 2020 11:05 PM

Feb 2018
So Miu is back? And also next first debut.
Feb 2, 2020 6:49 PM

Oct 2010
Should be no surprise that the main character is playing center in this idol group. I just hope she is successful.
Feb 8, 2020 3:03 PM

Jan 2016
Better than the first episode, but still not verry good. I can't take this show seriously with this wall bulls*it... And does this show takes itself seriously!

There's drama everywhere, everything is depressing and sad, it's a bit tiring. Even the OP is overly dramatic with Miu talking all sad. Sakura is nice tho, and the growing friendship between the girls is good but a bit rushed.
Feb 14, 2020 2:06 AM
Mar 2012
Nicole bit harsh with kabedon but speaks the truth, yet later says not care about Miu... some interesting characters there, tho this realistic angst vibe is weird.
Sakura a confession already!? man they go fast lol.
Jun & Miyako continue to be best vaing, tho Nicole has pro singing.
Apr 29, 2020 10:18 PM

Feb 2014
Sakura acting all friendly even though they saw each other like... 2 days? and she even used "daisuki" I don't even know now how much I should take it seriously...

Miu putting her tail between her legs when talking to Saito even saying "I want to be a idol worthy your respect" wtf...? all of this is really making me angry....
Sep 10, 2020 3:47 AM

May 2020
Miu got a lot of pressure. Not just who working for family but also that short hair yellow girl pushed her. As I expected the wall will choose Miu.
Jul 25, 2021 2:51 AM

Feb 2020
The Wall's orders are absolute.

Pretty interesting episode.

The audition was a bit awkward. Poor girls. Well, at least Nicole did a decent job although Miu is still "the chosen one." That was kinda expected.

Sakura <3 Miu

Aug 26, 2021 5:15 PM

Nov 2013
Why everybody were so hyped by Nicole's singing? She sounded like amateur in karaoke-bar. Of course she was way better than everyone else but still bad vocals.
I swear, whoever is hiding behind this wall, they probably laughed their asses off looking at everyone's reactions on their ridiculous decision to make Miu the center.
GvendolineDec 16, 2021 3:04 AM
Oct 27, 2021 12:54 AM
Oct 2021
macrondal said:
Better than the last ep at least

was it ................?
Apr 16, 2022 1:49 PM

Jan 2010
I dislike center drama with idol anime, as it boils down to egos clashing over who gets to lead. I'm also still unsure about the wall explicitly dictating the plot, much less the sudden competitiveness spawning based on an unfounded belief that GIP could, somehow, turn everyone into stars. The place seemingly has a lot of money, but what the hell even is GIP? I also don't completely get Nicole's issue. Even if she muscles her way into being the center, that still requires having a group to lead. What use is there to intimidate the others in your group? I guess she just wants to be the center of attention, or perhaps she has some personal reason for rushing into stardom? Or, rather, if Nicole had so much talent, drive, and confidence, why would she feel the need to threaten Miu?

I'm also wondering how everyone was scouted. Were there any qualifications, or was it also something dictated by the plot wall? Questioning the wall's orders are prohibited? By whom, and based on what consequences? What was even the point of the judges if the wall had the final say?

It feels like 22/7 focuses more on the systems in play, rather than the idols themselves. Drama is driven by an unseen, mysterious hand, rather than the characters making decisions for themselves. This kind of plot can work, but I think the show would need to spend more time establishing character relationship before jumping straight into fighting. Perhaps spending the first episode having the characters learn about each other, then having the second episode focus on Miu as it did before featuring the center judging in the third episode? As is, attention is split between the mysteries surrounding GIP and the characters interacting, and I'm not entirely sure how to balance them.
Aug 27, 2022 4:06 PM
Aug 2019
Really enjoying this anime so far. Music is relaxing
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » 22/7 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

51 by bushman66 »»
Aug 21, 2023 4:26 PM

Poll: » 22/7 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2020

128 by anikevin »»
Jun 11, 2023 10:00 PM

Poll: » 22/7 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2020

60 by Nurguburu »»
Apr 26, 2023 1:43 PM

Poll: » 22/7 Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2020

40 by EmiliaHoarfrost »»
Dec 18, 2022 2:58 AM

Poll: » 22/7 Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 29, 2020

26 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Sep 27, 2022 3:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.