Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jan 26, 2020 12:13 PM
Dec 2019
I felt like no deaths made it unrealistic, so once I accepted that nothing was going to happen Nighteye died... RIP
Jan 26, 2020 6:54 PM

Aug 2011
EpsilonX said:
Which leads me to Mirio. I'm undecided on whether I hope he gets his quirk back or if it's gone for good. On the one hand, I've always liked how the series seemed to have high stakes with actual consequences for actions, and giving Mirio his quirk back would ruin that. On the other hand, taking away his quirk for good makes it seem like he was introduced just to serve a plot point in the battle against Overhaul. Nighteye's prediction makes me think he gets it back somehow, but maybe he just trains really hard to somehow become a hero without a quirk?

I think Mirio got cheated out of his moment of glory and also loses his quirk to boot; he was just as intent, if not more so than Deku at saving Eri, but... I guess the series is about Midoriya after all. There was no 100%, but Mirio's fight was still impressive to watch.

Personally, I hope he does get his quirk back and continue on the path of 'Heros". To shut him down now would be too cruel and I hope that empty reel of Nighteye's last vision and declaration for Mirio was not just empty words.

Although I loved seeing Kirishima in action, I hope to see more of the old crew (especially Todoroki and Bakugo) in the upcoming episodes.

Overall, still loving this series.
Jan 26, 2020 10:04 PM

Apr 2014
Tsuyu_no_Inochi said:
EpsilonX said:
Which leads me to Mirio. I'm undecided on whether I hope he gets his quirk back or if it's gone for good. On the one hand, I've always liked how the series seemed to have high stakes with actual consequences for actions, and giving Mirio his quirk back would ruin that. On the other hand, taking away his quirk for good makes it seem like he was introduced just to serve a plot point in the battle against Overhaul. Nighteye's prediction makes me think he gets it back somehow, but maybe he just trains really hard to somehow become a hero without a quirk?

I think Mirio got cheated out of his moment of glory and also loses his quirk to boot; he was just as intent, if not more so than Deku at saving Eri, but... I guess the series is about Midoriya after all. There was no 100%, but Mirio's fight was still impressive to watch.

Personally, I hope he does get his quirk back and continue on the path of 'Heros". To shut him down now would be too cruel and I hope that empty reel of Nighteye's last vision and declaration for Mirio was not just empty words.

Yeah, I agree that it would be cruel. But that's kind of what makes it interesting to me. When playing in high-stakes situations like this, the world can be a little cruel sometimes.

Oh, also, didn't Eri pass out, and that's why they couldn't use her ability on Nighteye?
Jan 26, 2020 10:19 PM
Jul 2014
rest in peace sir nighteye TT^TT
Jan 31, 2020 5:42 AM

Oct 2018
I have two questions : did studio bones changes the animation style for this season?

wasn't this season supposed to be dark?
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Feb 3, 2020 4:28 AM
Jan 2020
14 was really good and I'm excited to see what the league has in store now. I'm sort of sad the Nighteye died though. I mean first, the old lady couldn't heal him and second, why didn't they get Ari (Eri?) to rewind him back to before the injury? I know she can't control her quirk but just have Aizawa on the ready to erase her quirk at the right time.
Feb 3, 2020 8:29 PM
Review Moderator
Mar 2018
Sad to see Sir Nighteye die, but at least he was able to go knowing that the future can change + Mirio's future is safe.

Overhaul was really messed up, but you have to pity a man who lost everything in one fell swoop.

Floating Around...

"You're loved as deeply as the ocean reaches"

Feb 4, 2020 10:53 AM

Aug 2018
Awesome! episode
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Feb 11, 2020 4:05 AM

Dec 2015
A shame that not only did Mirio lose his powers, but also his mentor. Poor kid.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 25, 2020 4:19 AM

Jun 2017
I remember this part in the manga when Shigaraki took Overhaul's arms. Back then it really gave me goosebumps. You may find it weird but that is the scene I enjoyed most in this episode; The one when Shigaraki tormented Overhaul.

RIP Sir Nighteye.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Feb 29, 2020 6:53 AM

Feb 2013
Poor Overhaul, it's over for his ambitions.
Rip Nighteye.
Mar 3, 2020 11:13 AM

Nov 2017
Midoriya is:

1. Cringe
2. Awkward

So deaths are:

1. Faint
2. Silent
3. Pass us by

Sigh. How this anime has truly fallen. Is Midoriya batman and Shigaraki is joker?

The thing is though that batman's flatlining gets old. He's as boring as a board. We like heroes with a sense of humor now.

And I guess a guy they introduced for one arc died. Too bad.

No one of any import ever dies.

Trash storytelling.

Well, let's hope Ari actually has importance after this, because otherwise brrrrrpt. Onto the next arc to nowhere and nothing.

This is why you should probably do pre-writing for plot. Author doesn't know where he's going, why, his characterization has fallen flat. How could editor-man let this happen?

We've even lost the only interesting character in the show, Todoroki.

Midoriya is:

1. Overpowered
2. Cringe
3. Awkward

Hooray. And like that, the villain he bested is done for. Author takes too much from 50's comics and not enough from 80's comics. Postmodern comics are better.

I get so tired of Midoriya's antics. He needs a fall.

(Joins league of villains, joins Russian Bernie Bros corp)

There's not even romance with Uraraka. Honestly I think Midoriya is gay, that would at least add character. And I don't talk about adding sexualities and orientations just for shits and giggles. But honestly, why be interested in any of these characters?

Character A: wins

Villain B: loses

Character A(x): regains powers from fight

Deus. Ex. Machina. Every. Time. Look, shounen has its fair share, but this is getting ridiculous.

We had the early character building arcs with Midoriya and this is where we are now, with salty, staid, mouldy characters, not growing, not going anywhere.

Please. Something happen with actual stakes.

And you'd say, well all-might got taken out. Yes, and Ari made it possible for him to return. So we go back and replay the same play as always.

Ultra-mega sigh. Nothing's ever going to happen or move forward. You wouldn't accuse this author of being Togarashi or a master storyteller. He's as basic as it gets.

._. <<<Author

"mIdOrIyA's StRoNg NoW" because he has to be. Because.

BNHA is reversing all the storywriting progress we've made in the last 50+ years every episode. LOL. But don't worry because punches.

X/

Rain of $punches$
Mar 4, 2020 10:55 AM

Nov 2015
RIP Nighteye

But on a serious note: transporting one of the most dangerous criminals AND the super dangerous finished product backed with one police car, what a joke.
Mar 13, 2020 10:27 AM

Feb 2018
Imo this episode would've hit harder if it ended with silent, black-background credits instead of the high-energy ed tbh.
Mar 15, 2020 5:52 PM

Mar 2009
We barely even knew Nighteye, but this was the quiet and emotional episode the season really needed. Despite not caring about Nighteye too much, the ending did affect me. Thought this was the best episode of the season, personally, even if most would say the previous episode or the big Mirio episode.
Mar 16, 2020 1:04 AM

Mar 2016
this show hasnt made me cry in a while but here we fucking go
Mar 18, 2020 8:10 PM

May 2013
RIP, Sir ;A; I liked ya TT^TT

Shigaraki just Sandaime'd off Overhaul's arms like Orochimaru lol ZAYUM!!!!!
Apr 6, 2020 12:50 PM
Aug 2014
This was a really good episode.. speaking hypothetically, eri's power has the potential to rewind all might back to his prime right?
Apr 6, 2020 8:26 PM
Jul 2018
Nighteye was one of the better characters in mha and he gets killed off too early in my opinion .his death will now further boost mirio to fulfill his motivations
Apr 7, 2020 8:02 PM

Jul 2013
All these emotions in this episode ;_;

That was a very close call at the beginning for Deku. Without Eraser he could have died.

When I saw Sir Nighteye on the litter I had a bad feeling, I refused that the worst case would happen.

Shigaraki also made his move when the Yakuza got transported to the hospital. I guess I'm not sadistic enough to like what he did to Overhaul even when I know he deserved it. With Shigaraki possessing these bullets it's a really big problem for the heroes. Who knows what he can do with it.

Everyone of the injured heroes was okay so far Eraser told Midoriya, but when Bubblegirl began to cry...that was almost to much. And it got even more sad with the conversation between All Might, Mirio, Midoriya and Sir Nighteye. Although he only got introduced in this season I really liked him as a character. And seeing everyone crying and Sir Nighteye smiling almost killed me ;_;

RIP Sir Nighteye. You won't be forgotten.

Apr 7, 2020 8:58 PM

Mar 2020
Should've woke Eri up.
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
May 4, 2020 1:10 PM

Dec 2018
honestly i don't know why they don't do what shigaraki did to every villain as punishment
>we can't kill anyone
good, then incapacitate them ffs
also F for that poor red shirt that got killed like 30 seconds after his debut
sucks about Nighteye
does anyone else get the feeling that a lot of parts in this season are particularly contrived, btw?
May 14, 2020 6:39 PM

Jun 2008
I feel so bad for Overhaul. I understand he did terrible things, but he was doing it for something he strongly believed in to help his people...

RIP Sir Nighteye.
HEY!
May 20, 2020 11:32 AM
Jan 2010
There is no tension in this series because you know mc is gonna pull a fast one out of his asshole at the critical moment accompanied by a flashback
May 31, 2020 4:44 AM
Jul 2009
RIP Night Eye.
I kinda wanted to punch you in your smug face sometimes, but I think that was kinda the point. You shall be missed T_T
I'm not a neko girl, I'm nyan-binary, hence the name
Yes I am an SJW.
No i will not scream at you for being a straight, white, cis, male.
I have important things to scream about and a finite amount of time in the day.
Feel free to talk to me, I only bite if you ask nicely :D
Jun 5, 2020 10:13 AM

Mar 2019
Damn,so Nighteye died afterall :( .I love him.He's such a good character.At least Mirio,All Might,Aizawa and Eri are ok.
Edit:Yea after listening for 20 to the part where he died and his last words one after another, I cried a lot.Damn the OST was sooo perfect for that part.I'll miss him.How he told them to smile while he was dying.
Alex_TheForestJun 5, 2020 2:46 PM
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jun 13, 2020 11:07 PM

May 2016
The Hassaikai problem is finally done and over with and Aizawa came in just in time to deactivate Eri's Quirk before it ended up killing Deku in the process. It wouldn't be a stretch to say that anyone else wouldn't have made it long enough to have the kid's Quirk deactivated considering how Deku nearly got overwhelmed even when he has Full Cowl at 100% on. Eri's Quirk might be the most convenient power in the planet when it comes to fixing everyone including All Might's injuries but it will take a very long time for her to even be able to control properly.

As extreme and as fucked up as his ways were, it looked like he really was trying to avenge the honor of his clan by doing what he did. I won't say that he didn't deserve it but I felt a bit bad for Overhaul when he got everything taken away from him by Shigaraki of all people. Even with prosthetics, he's just a normal person now and I guess that it's a lot better for everyone else if it stays that way. I also felt bad for Snatch since his death was actually way worse than what it looked like since he literally got roasted alive while he was compressed.

It's tragic that Nighteye's life ended here but he died with a smile on his face around the ones he loved right after seeing that the fate he has foreseen can be changed after all then seeing his beloved pupil becoming a hero among heroes at his last moments.

Jul 30, 2020 11:23 PM
May 2020
Shigaraki is a very cruel man, he thinks of a way to make his enemies suffer.

RIP nighteye, i didn't liked you very much, but your quirk was cool and you were a fine hero.
Sep 18, 2020 12:11 PM
Sep 2020
MenchiK1 said:
Introducing Eri and her power, which makes all wounds irrelevant, and then ignoring it ("but but BS reasons why she can't" pfffft don't even try to argue that crap) for the cheap emotional death completely ruins this whole season for me. And honestly the show since she can also heal All Might so even Deku becomes pointless. Eri is just really jumping the shark for me, oh well lots of other shows to enjoy.

I totally agree with you on this one. They should not have introduced Eri into this world. It's just plot breaking in every way. All the arguments against why she could not have revitalize nighteye were unsatisfactory imo. I don't like the fact they just twist her quirk to fit the plot.
Oct 2, 2020 11:46 PM
Feb 2019
Finally got through the yakuza arc, felt like it would never end.

Tamaki's a badass. So is Mirio. Wonder if Nejire is, too. We didn't see.

I hope Eri's Quirk doesn't erase any of One For All's accumulated power. That would really be awful.

I can't believe they actually killed off Nighteye. Wow. I feel like they should have let us have more time with him first so that we could feel more about it. And Aizawa sensei is still cold towards All Might. Huh. I feel worse for seeing our beloved characters weep and for the lost potential that Midoriya could learn from him than over the loss of Nighteye himself, since we didn't get a lot of episodes with him.
Oct 4, 2020 3:28 PM

May 2009
-Aincrad- said:
RIP Nighteye.

I know it's supposed to be a sad and emotional episode, but I really didn't feel anything.

We didn't even have the opportunity/time to get attached to him, so I couldn't really feel sad for him.

Exactly.. (though I did cry just cos I'm sensitive to anyone crying)..
But jeebus.. it takes 3.5 seasons to kill off a character we've barely been introduced to. Every fricking fight is always "miraculous" with only injuries huh. *Spitgun*
Recovery girl is the only one in Japan who can heal people? What are all the hospitals doing?? How do they treat bodies with such varied mutations?

Gaaaaaah!! Everything is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too convenient. So gahddamn convenient.

RIP BnHA. Though hast committed suicide.

I support the villains. Please kill 'em all and take over the world. All those "heroes" are living long past their expiry dates. And you don't even know what "Pro" means in this series anymore. Students are showing off way more than the "pros" with years of experience, and the "pros" are fighting like noobs.

Go, go, Shigaraki, go, go!
Ike ike Shigaraki ike ike!
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Nov 3, 2020 10:25 AM

Mar 2013
Wow didnt expect this show to actually kill off a hero, if only we didnt just got introduced to him in the same arc thou. Not as much attachment to the character as it should be but he was a decent cool character.

Also its so stupid how Deku stop him from going to the hospital by having a chat with him when he was laying there dying with the helpers saying they should be hurry lol.
Nov 5, 2020 11:21 AM
Jun 2020
RIP Nighteye, my favorite character from this season.
Nov 10, 2020 5:20 AM

Mar 2015
Great episode, I like how that one panned out!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 14, 2020 10:33 PM

Jun 2020
I don't understand why the heart beat monitor (BPM) kept on changing so drastically.
Nov 22, 2020 11:09 AM
Jan 2016
I lowkey feel sad when they show the Dad flashbacks (he meant well :c) but then I remember how far Chisaki went to "repay" him and I just lose all sympathy lol. I like the parallel, if you could call it that– the emphasis on Eri being wrapped with bandages and the consecutive scenes of him cutting Eri's arm as some sort of experiment then poof, he loses his own but can't do anything about it. Ez karma and HOLY CRAP THAT WAS BRUTAL.

Rip Sir Nighteye :( I wish we got to see more of him. I feel like the impact of his presence wasn't as fleshed out as it was in the manga. Still one of my favorite characters though.
Nov 23, 2020 3:58 AM
Nov 2020
Shinoa_ said:
I lowkey feel sad when they show the Dad flashbacks (he meant well :c) but then I remember how far Chisaki went to "repay" him and I just lose all sympathy lol. I like the parallel, if you could call it that– the emphasis on Eri being wrapped with bandages and the consecutive scenes of him cutting Eri's arm as some sort of experiment then poof, he loses his own but can't do anything about it. Ez karma and HOLY CRAP THAT WAS BRUTAL.

Rip Sir Nighteye :( I wish we got to see more of him. I feel like the impact of his presence wasn't as fleshed out as it was in the manga. Still one of my favorite characters though.

I would say that overhaul losing his quirk and both his arms is fair for the number of people that suffered because of him. As for Nighteye dying, I thought that they would have at least tried to use Eri and her quirk or something(I wanted more action). However, he was one of my favourite characters. Eh, it was an emotional episode. By the way, some days ago I tried hero academia quirk quiz, I was very surprised by the answer. You all must definitely try it. Also, this quiz made me watch again all episodes.
lluggussNov 24, 2020 4:46 AM
Feb 17, 2021 6:31 AM

Jun 2019
RIP Nighteye. He died with a smile on his face.
Mar 5, 2021 8:20 PM

May 2018
Damn! They got Overhaul good!

And... Oh, god! My husbando!! NO!!! T_T
I don't even want to finish the remaining eps now.

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Mar 6, 2021 1:39 AM

Jun 2013
Though Overhaul is evil, it's unfortunate that he's quirkless now because his arms are amputated by Shigaraki.

Rest in peace, Sir Nighteye. :((
Mar 15, 2021 2:47 PM

Feb 2019
WHYYY???

Why'd he have to die??? One of the best characters.... fack...
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Apr 1, 2021 11:19 AM

Oct 2020
Didn't thought League will show up. But Tomura did as I thought. Destroyed Chisaki's hands. Nice revenge!!! Chisaki's face was filled with fear that time. But the greater problem arose now. Tomura has those bullets !!! :|

It was very sad that Sir Nighteye is dead now. He could have done a lot for both Deku and Lemillion. All-might came but it was too late to hang out with each other. But good thing is at his last moments Sir Nighteye was with his best friends. I thought they will use Eri's power to save him as they now can stop Eri using Eresure-Heads quirk. But they didn't.

It was nice to hear the ending theme for the last time
Apr 14, 2021 12:20 PM

Jan 2020
Sorry, Nighteye wasn't really fleshed out for me to feel sorry.
His death was a significantly better emotional moment than any other crappy sad moment this season.
Apr 14, 2021 3:26 PM

Mar 2014
RIP Nighteye, I really liked him and hoped he wouldn't die until the end :(
Apr 26, 2021 12:05 PM

Aug 2016
And now i feel sad for Chisaki. He was my favorite character in whole title and now he is left humiliated, without a chance for revenge.
May 11, 2021 6:37 AM
Sep 2020
The fights finally over and the heroes look like they were in bad condition !!! Eri is finally saved !!!

Nejire was praising Midoriya for how he fought !!! Even Ryuuko gave him her thanks !!! Good for Midoriya , he deserves it !!!

Yeah they do look like they need a hospital !! Damn Nighteye , I feel so sorry for him !!!
May 20, 2021 12:57 AM

Jun 2020
Dabi ♡______________♡ I need more of Dabi......

RIP Nighteye.......I started tearing up when he was talking about Deku & cried when he used his Quirk one last time on Mirio (;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)

And I miss the old character designs. Didn’t like Deku’s face one bit this episode the difference was really jarring

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jun 29, 2021 12:02 PM

Jun 2020
ahhhhhhhhh yes the power of ✩ 🎀 𝐵𝑒𝓁𝒾𝑒𝓋𝒾𝓃𝑔 🎀 ✩
Jul 12, 2021 6:22 PM

Aug 2011
Man that ending killed me. His smile at the end and being able to see All Might one last time. He must've been so happy.
desu desu binches
Jul 18, 2021 1:52 PM
Jun 2021
What a heartbreaking scenes nighteye dead
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

465 by YeaGERIST01 »»
Apr 23, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

158 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

233 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 8:50 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

225 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2020

128 by WolfWood37 »»
Mar 31, 9:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.