Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 18, 2020 12:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, with the battle against Overhaul over, now we're getting more screen time of the other villains. Poor Nighteye though, he looks awful in his conditoin.

I'm not surprised that Shigaraki, Dabi, Toga, Twice, etc decided to make their move. Oh well. at least the heroes learned something from their fight against Overhaul.

Jan 18, 2020 12:59 AM

Mar 2014
fuck...
I can't believe that Nighteye is literally dead...
also what happened to Overhaul is so epic, by Shigaraki.

waiting for the next Episode!
Jan 18, 2020 2:25 AM

Oct 2009
RIP Nighteye, we haven't known each other for long and I'm not even sure why you had to die...

Seriously, though, with all the ... "recovery magic" there is, it's kinda meh when there's nothing anyone can do to save someone, like ???
On that same note, can it be Shigaraki's turn already? Guy's an absolute sadist jerk.
Jan 18, 2020 2:28 AM

Oct 2018
RIP Nighteye.

I know it's supposed to be a sad and emotional episode, but I really didn't feel anything.

We didn't even have the opportunity/time to get attached to him, so I couldn't really feel sad for him.
Jan 18, 2020 2:30 AM
May 2017
That was a great finish for this arc. I cried a lot. RIP Sir Nighteye. I wonder what the league is up to next.
Jan 18, 2020 2:35 AM

Nov 2016
What Shigaraki did was absolutely savage lol.

And R.I.P. Nighteye. I didn't get as emotional as when reading the manga, but it was still kinda heartbreaking.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 18, 2020 2:41 AM
Sep 2015
Amazing that this arc ends on high note and next arc will start even higher with the return my favorite boy Bakugo.

Also Kirishima in hospital is so cute!

And Sand Hero is so DILF! Dabi said he's probably die though.
Jan 18, 2020 2:51 AM

Oct 2017
R.I.P. Sir Nighteye, he died while smiling. Watching Mirio and Deku cry made me salty.
Jan 18, 2020 2:52 AM

Apr 2018
I'd say that Overhaul losing his quirk and both his arms is fair for the amount of ppl that suffered because of him. As for nighteye dying, I thought that they would have at least tried to use Eri and her quirk or something to try and save him, but I guess not? It was a bit of an emotional episode I suppose.

Also super looking forward to what the league of villains are up to moving forward now. Guess it's their turn next, huh?
Jan 18, 2020 2:53 AM

Jan 2015
Good episode and RIP Nighteye

I swear to god that if they are going to have another training arc after this one and everyone will be reseted to 0 and live like nothing happened I’ll get real upset
Jan 18, 2020 3:01 AM

May 2018
I cried as soon as I saw All Might crying. That hurt.

►"The deeper the darkness the more dazzling the light shines." ◄
►"As you live you lose reasons and hope. But as you keep on going, you pick up new reasons and hope."◄
►"If I don’t stand up here… If I don’t reach higher here… When am I ever going to do it?"◄
Jan 18, 2020 3:08 AM
Apr 2019
A minute of silence for Nighteye.
Jan 18, 2020 3:18 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty good episode to finally close this arc and set the stage for the next (which better be on par with that of Season 3's first half).

Deku, at the start of the episode, was in quite the pinch but leave it to Eraser Head to save the day! Man, Eraser Head really is too underrated of a Hero.

Shigaraki's savage decimation of Overhaul to further humiliate him was insane, phew. Sadly, Overhaul didn't really strike a chord with me though and I didn't really find his character to be evoking any profound emotion so I really couldn't care all that much in all honesty but just the state that he was left with .. was quite something, yeah. No quirk in addition to that, yikes.

Anyway, as expected, the other heroes made it through just about fine thankfully. Kirishima is in some terrible condition though and no wonder, props to this guy seriously. Looks like the situation with Eri-chan will be left for later, I wonder how that'll eventually turn out personally.

And finally Sir Nighteye, Rest In Peace! I honestly thought Mirio was in an even worse condition than him on first glance but that wound through the belly area must have incredibly severe after all. No wonder why seeing All Might started to give me a little nasty feeling...

Anyway, that bit between Mirio and Sir Nighteye was really touching. Simply a vessel at first but then a ray of hope by the end of it, that's quite some parental love right there. Seeing Mirio back with the happy expressions does bother me a little for his sake but I'm curious to see how that'll play out.

Overall, this has been a pretty underwhelming arc I'm afraid. Kirishima's stunts at the start were pretty impressive and Mirio's rise and stoic heroism commendable but nothing else really stood out much I reckon. Here's to hoping the next arc will bring back some of the charm that the previous two seasons had.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 18, 2020 3:25 AM

Aug 2015
RIP Nighteye, we finally saw him smile in the end.

I was expecting a new OP/ED as it was episode 14 but I guess it makes more sense for next episode as this arc just finished

League of Villains got to shine at the start and I absolutely loved it, especially Shigaraki.

Fat Gum in the hospital kind of looked like the presenter in the Provisional License exam haha.

Miss Ribbit haha
#FreePalestine 🇵🇸
Jan 18, 2020 3:29 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
AyyMayy said:

I was expecting a new OP/ED as it was episode 14 but I guess it makes more sense for next episode as this arc just finished

League of Villains got to shine at the start and I absolutely loved it, especially Shigaraki.

Fat Gum in the hospital kind of looked like the presenter in the Provisional License exam haha.

Miss Ribbit haha

That's right, new Op and ED from next episode onwards.

https://twitter.com/heroaca_anime/status/1218421603450511360
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 18, 2020 3:37 AM

Nov 2013
Fughhhhh that felt way too short ... I need more !!!

I love how My Hero isn’t afraid of killing off characters to advance the plot.
The story could’ve easily worked so that Eri saves Nighteye, but this route was a more fitting one imo.

Great stuff! Looking forward to next episode..looks like the start of a new arc!
Jan 18, 2020 3:47 AM

Aug 2015
_MushiRock11_ said:
AyyMayy said:

Miss Ribbit haha

That's right, new Op and ED from next episode onwards.

https://twitter.com/heroaca_anime/status/1218421603450511360

Awesome, looking forward to it, thanks
#FreePalestine 🇵🇸
Jan 18, 2020 3:48 AM

May 2017
It took a death to re-evoke my feelings for this show (Actually Red Riot's episode was super good too but besides that nothing much this season.) After feeling somewhat underwhelmed in last weeks episode, I must say that this ending sequence right here got me good.

A tear was shed for Nighteye.

I wonder what the future of this show will hold.. I will try to keep my expectations low but this show is very dear to me and trying to keep expectations low for something that you love is a hard task.

Amazing Art in this ep
Jan 18, 2020 3:50 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Really sad end of episode :( RIP Sir Nighteye
Jan 18, 2020 3:57 AM
Aug 2019
I thought we would get a new op & ed but I guess next episode then.
Rip Sir Nighteye
Damn Shigaraki is savage

Jan 18, 2020 4:09 AM
Sep 2019
What are those balls from magic man? He just threw a ball then a hero dissapeared?
Jan 18, 2020 4:11 AM

Sep 2016
Although Nighteye's time in the spotlight was short, and the emotional attachments weren't really there, i still felt something during his last scene. Mostly because Mirio and All Might were crying i guess...
“The result is the most important thing.” – Kiritsugu Emiya
Jan 18, 2020 4:18 AM
Jan 2018
I applaud BNHA for actually killing off a character like that. Here I thought they'd be too scared to do anything risky. I mean nighteye was only in half a season but he still made a pretty good impact. I got some more respect for this season now, which imo, has been kinda lackluster so far.
Jan 18, 2020 4:32 AM

Oct 2015
Arguably the best episode this season. The directing was brilliant. I read the manga and felt nothing but I almost welled up watching the anime. Bubble Girl's shaky voice before she broke down. All Might on the verge of tears. Mirio's voice actor. The subtle fog on Nighteye's oxygen mask every time he spoke. Its the little details that truly elevate the experience.

Shigaraki is still a bitch tho and nothing he has ever done has made me consider him a true villain. Zero charisma. I will always prefer Overhaul. He was so vile. I wanted him as Mirio's long term villain.
Jan 18, 2020 4:33 AM
Apr 2016
Kentuckenity said:
What are those balls from magic man? He just threw a ball then a hero dissapeared?
He compresses things and beings into those balls and can release them at will. This much I know for sure.
Re:formed
Jan 18, 2020 4:37 AM
Sep 2016
Can anyone explain why the fight sequence with Overhaul changed in the recap? Was it really just so that they could pretend Deku thought of how to minimize collateral damage during the fight?
Jan 18, 2020 4:38 AM

Jan 2016
Kentuckenity said:

actually he didn't "disappear", they censor it in the anime for some weird reason

here is what happened While Dabi was throwing his flames at the Hero , Mr.Compress touched the hero putting his lower half inside the "ball" killing him
Jan 18, 2020 4:43 AM

Jan 2016
Konkeydong69 said:
Can anyone explain why the fight sequence with Overhaul changed in the recap? Was it really just so that they could pretend Deku thought of how to minimize collateral damage during the fight?

I don't know... blame the director for his dumb choices

And Deku was thinking about coleteral damage he could kick overhaul anywhere he wanted but he choose kick him upward
Jan 18, 2020 4:44 AM
May 2017
I like the punishment scene
but i thought the mangas art just made it more menacing
might just be me
Jan 18, 2020 4:45 AM

Jan 2016
Daniel_Naumov said:
Kentuckenity said:
He compresses things and beings into those balls and can release them at will. This much I know for sure.

he must "touch" the thing first ... someone at bones forgot about that

this is pretty much the reason why he went running towards ovehaul and lost his arm
Jan 18, 2020 4:53 AM

Sep 2017
The most emotional episode in this season by far, I've already read the manga but Nighteye's death was really touching

Shigaraki's an absolute savage, I loved his whole scene
Almost felt some pity for the poor Overhaul (almost)
Jan 18, 2020 4:55 AM

Jan 2017
Damn, Nighteye's VA really hit home with the feels. Rest in peace.

Edit: They also toned up Overhaul's despair some since the manga. I love the detail they added with his look of fear and painful scream from having Shigaraki take away what he endeared most.
Jan 18, 2020 4:57 AM
Apr 2016
miros said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

this is pretty much the reason why he went running towards ovehaul and lost his arm

Was he not behind the flames or something? That is a major problem is animation studio "forgets" the original.
Re:formed
Jan 18, 2020 5:05 AM

Jan 2016
DeitysDynasty said:
I like the punishment scene
but i thought the mangas art just made it more menacing
might just be me

they censor a LOT of things , Shiggy decaying the driver's hand, Mr.compress touching and only compressing the lower half of the sand guy, shiggy cutting overhaul's hand, Spinner saying he learn how to drive playing GTA
Jan 18, 2020 5:07 AM

Jan 2016
Daniel_Naumov said:
miros said:

Was he not behind the flames or something? That is a major problem is animation studio "forgets" the original.

in the anime he was close to Dabi , that scene makes no sense...
Jan 18, 2020 5:08 AM
Sep 2019
miros said:
Kentuckenity said:

actually he didn't "disappear", they censor it in the anime for some weird reason

here is what happened While Dabi was throwing his flames at the Hero , Mr.Compress touched the hero putting his lower half inside the "ball" killing him

Oh, thanks for explainin, but that would be quite grotesque
Jan 18, 2020 5:09 AM
Sep 2019
miros said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

ohhh ok, thanks for explaining a part that was a few episodes back
Jan 18, 2020 5:11 AM
May 2016
Introducing Eri and her power, which makes all wounds irrelevant, and then ignoring it ("but but BS reasons why she can't" pfffft don't even try to argue that crap) for the cheap emotional death completely ruins this whole season for me. And honestly the show since she can also heal All Might so even Deku becomes pointless. Eri is just really jumping the shark for me, oh well lots of other shows to enjoy.
Jan 18, 2020 5:22 AM

Oct 2019
Overhaul got what he deserved....also my heart is broken now thanks :/

Jan 18, 2020 5:24 AM

Feb 2011
Well props for at least having the balls to can one character at least
Jan 18, 2020 5:27 AM

Sep 2019
this episode had me in tear,it was so touching and warm-hearted.
Cant wait for the next episode.

"俺は海賊王になる男だ!!!"
Jan 18, 2020 5:28 AM

Jul 2019
the feels man RIP Nighteye
DaBoi
Jan 18, 2020 5:33 AM
May 2017
Most of the episode I was saying to myself: DON'T CRY YOU HAVE MASCARA ON
Jan 18, 2020 5:34 AM

May 2019
The "Deku changed the future" thing was so cliche tbh. I'm sad for Nighteye but I was prepared for it back when he received that fatal damage. What truly shocked me was the Overhaul scene, I didn't see that coming at all. Villains be villains. Shigaraki sucks as always.

JustOppais said:
What's stopping Overhaul from using his Quirk? last time i checked Mha doesn't have seastone handcuffs. Mirio nerf made sense but Overhual nerf never made any sense to me.

True dat but I guess he was too exhausted to do anything? idk maybe some broken bones from the fight..
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Jan 18, 2020 5:44 AM

Sep 2017
RIP Nighteye

tbh i didnt feel the sadness in the last scene, it could be better imo... it lacks emotional and ended quickly, though the manga really hit me hard with

well, the ost played during villain scene was really dope

and thus my fav arc has been ended
zalapenoJan 18, 2020 5:52 AM
Jan 18, 2020 5:49 AM

Aug 2013
Shigaraki is a savage to what he did to Overhaul.

RIP Nighteye.

Jan 18, 2020 5:58 AM
Dec 2019
herrickluk said:
I love how My Hero isn’t afraid of killing off characters to advance the plot.
The story could’ve easily worked so that Eri saves Nighteye, but this route was a more fitting one imo.

Maybe my memory is bad, but I have the feeling that there are actually very few character deaths in HeroAca, especially for the good guys. I think they had to kill Nighteye off so that this arc would have any major impact.

I didn't like many of the previous episodes. Most of them were too combat focussed with fights that I really didn't care about. Intermingled with poorly executed exposition that removed a lot of tension from the fights. Additionaly the environment for most of this arc was so boring... some grey corridors. But this episode was really good and maybe the show comes back to the parts of HeroAca I actually liked.

The moment Eri's powers were revealed I was sure that they could not leave her in full control of it, because she might be the most OP character yet. Hence they threw in the line "... training to teach her control isn't something we can approach lightly." Pretty much setting up that she won't be a major factor in the upcoming episodes. On the other hand: if a person would die anyway, why not just let her use her powers for training purposes?

Kinda glad this arc is over. This episode made me curious again how the story will continue, so it definately got my attention back.
SylverthasJan 18, 2020 6:12 AM
Jan 18, 2020 6:00 AM

Jul 2019
As nice as Nighteye's theory of energy was, don't you think that the reason the future was changed could have been because of Eri's power.
It reverses time for people, so that could have changed the future in Nighteye's vision, as both their powers are time-related.
Jan 18, 2020 6:00 AM
Jul 2018
Incredible voice acting from Mirio and Nighteye.
Mirio was always the character I pitied most in this series. Overhaul got what he deserved.
Jan 18, 2020 6:03 AM
Jan 2020
Rip Nighteye :(
night eye: deku, you changed the future
night eye: Mirio, you'll be the finest hero. This future shouldn't be changed
deku in episode one: this is the story of how I became the finest hero
naturally, deku had to change the future again, figures
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

465 by YeaGERIST01 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

158 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

233 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 8:50 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

225 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2020

128 by WolfWood37 »»
Mar 31, 9:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.