Forum Settings
Forums

What are the most "Sick-ducked" anime titles that you may also happen to be praising the shit out of? And why?

New
Jan 17, 2020 8:47 PM

Jun 2019
Shows that many of us consider to be that top-tier material/ masterpeice/ perfection/ second coming of Jesus/ best thing since Cats(2019) and all those incontestable terms. What are some of the prime examples where you also believe that they deserve all the love and hype?

Do notice that those shows aren't neccesarily correlated to underrated or "elitist picks" since some popular and top-rated shows can also get the heavy praise, like FMA and HxH.

My top 3 picks (in no particular order) would be:
-Neon Genesis Evangelion because of all the impact it had on this medium. Big plus to the mindfucks.
-Tatami Galaxy; Amazing visuals, fast pacing, high rewatch value and just a jam-packed rooster of 11 episodes of greatness.
-Gintama mainly because of what critiques would consider it to be its biggest issue; its inconsistency.

ブレ
ブレ
ブレ
ブレ

Jan 17, 2020 9:29 PM

Sep 2014
I don't praise show, but I admit having a clear love for shinsekai yori.
Jan 17, 2020 10:53 PM

Feb 2010
Honestly, my taste is broad enough that I can appreciate almost all the critically acclaimed shows out there in some way. For example from the top 50 I only dropped 1 show and the rest are all 7+ rated. It doesn't mean that I like all of them as much as their score would suggest, but I can usually at least understand and approve of the reasons why people like them even if I'm not the biggest fanboy. Very rarely will I completely disagree that a critically acclaimed show is utter garbage *cough* Shigatsu *cough*.

But some of the stuff I love the most includes Yuasa, LOGH, Gintama, One Piece, FMA, HxH, Monster, 3-gatsu and of course Cowboy Bebop, my alltime favorite anime.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jan 17, 2020 11:29 PM

Nov 2011
Yeah, Fullmetal Alchemist is indeed a masterpiece class of fiction.
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Jan 18, 2020 3:28 AM

Jul 2019
I think that Gintama is definitely a masterpiece that deserves to be no. 1. But I'm surprised you mention Neon Genesis Evangelion, I wouldn't even consider that to be a classic nor masterpiece.
Jan 18, 2020 3:40 AM

Jul 2016
Pullman said:
Honestly, my taste is broad enough that I can appreciate almost all the critically acclaimed shows out there in some way. For example from the top 50 I only dropped 1 show and the rest are all 7+ rated. It doesn't mean that I like all of them as much as their score would suggest, but I can usually at least understand and approve of the reasons why people like them even if I'm not the biggest fanboy. Very rarely will I completely disagree that a critically acclaimed show is utter garbage *cough* Shigatsu *cough*.

But some of the stuff I love the most includes Yuasa, LOGH, Gintama, One Piece, FMA, HxH, Monster, 3-gatsu and of course Cowboy Bebop, my alltime favorite anime.

I agree Shigatsu doesn´t deserve to be so high up if you see all of the other shows it´s up against.It´s extremely overrated.
Jan 18, 2020 3:43 AM

Jan 2017
Shitaste said:
Shows that many of us consider to be that top-tier material/ masterpeice/ perfection/ second coming of Jesus/ best thing since Cats(2019) and all those incontestable terms. What are some of the prime examples where you also believe that they deserve all the love and hype?

Do notice that those shows aren't neccesarily correlated to underrated or "elitist picks" since some popular and top-rated shows can also get the heavy praise, like FMA and HxH.

What the fuck are you talking about? Critically acclaimed shows that I think are deservingly critically acclaimed? As if I would care if those shows are critically praised or not. I love what I love.

-Mobile Suit Gundam (because of the Mechs and explosions)
-Macross (because of Hikaru and explosions)
-Hunter x Hunter (1999, because of cute ass characters having cute-ass adventures and it's entertaining as hell)
-Neon Genesis Evangelion (because Shinji-kun is the Waifu in my life)
MySweetLuciferJan 18, 2020 3:51 AM
Jan 18, 2020 3:49 AM

Jun 2015
MySweetLucifer said:
What the fuck are you talking about? Critically acclaimed Shows that I think are deservingly critically acclaimed?
lmao my thoughts exactly. But I do think that is what OP means.

This thread/title really needs less edgelord meme vocabulary.
Anyways, I do agree with Neon Genesis Evangelion. It definitely deserves all the hype and love.
Jan 18, 2020 8:55 AM

Jun 2019
NamikazeHime said:
I think that Gintama is definitely a masterpiece that deserves to be no. 1. But I'm surprised you mention Neon Genesis Evangelion, I wouldn't even consider that to be a classic nor masterpiece.

Majority of us (and myself included) do consider Eva a classic, there's no denying. It's more about how general audience persuade the outlook of a show rather than your own personal view of it.

MySweetLucifer said:
Shitaste said:

What the fuck are you talking about? Critically acclaimed shows that I think are deservingly critically acclaimed? As if I would care if those shows are critically praised or not. I love what I love.

Well, I never had any ill intentions of asking whether anyone cares about a critically acclaimed show being where it's at. I could've made another thread about "Highly praised shows that you don't like", but we have dozens of those already. So I simply thought of looking at more of a positive route. Of course it's ok to not align yourself with some of the shows that are well-received by the audience and vice-versa.
ShitasteJan 18, 2020 8:59 AM

ブレ
ブレ
ブレ
ブレ

Jan 18, 2020 9:09 AM
Jul 2018
I feel that The Promised Neverland fully deserves its score and the critical acclaim it got. Definitely not Top 50, but it should be up there.

Outstanding season, to be honest.
I think a lot of the (very minor) hate it gets comes from the fact that people already know the second season is going to suck balls (and season 3, if it ever comes, will be even worse).

But I really can't fault the first one. Great atmosphere. Great tension. Great characters.
Yes, the rest of the manga is formulaic shounen garbage, but this one deserves praise. Well done, MAL.
Jan 19, 2020 2:17 AM
Jul 2018
i like many such anime but praising the shit out of.. oh lately, Berserk the manga and Kenpuu Denki Berserk.

Jan 19, 2020 11:31 PM

Feb 2019
Gintama deserves every spot it had in top 10. The show doesn't deserve any hate especially from the ones that haven't seen it considering most of the hate towards that series is a blind one.

Made in abyss also deserves all the love because the world building and atmosphere. The best that I know.

Actually, most of the high rated stuff on MAL is pretty good except for shigatsu and bunny girl senpai movie. Those shows are extremely overrated but that's mostly because of their popularity.

More topics from this board

» That moment when you realize...

Dominusew - 7 minutes ago

2 by Nemo_Niemand »»
2 minutes ago

» what's the worst anime you've watched and what exactly was the worst part of it ? ( 1 2 )

ame - Apr 7

66 by 23feanor »»
21 minutes ago

» which antagonist is your fave and which one you cannot JUST TAKE SERIOUSLY ?

ame - 6 hours ago

13 by Otakupervert890 »»
27 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

90 by Theo1899 »»
30 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9069 by anime-prime »»
44 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.