Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 17, 2020 9:03 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, more practice and training. There's only just a month until the Nationals so every day counts.

The practice match itself had some hilarious moments, mostly thanks to the comedy gags. Hinata kept score although I wish they did more with him. Oh well. These are more like the warmup episodes.

Jan 17, 2020 9:10 AM

Nov 2007
Old coach hurt again?

Getting into pair and main guy getting scolded when he got into the area he shouldn't get in.

Megane guy's sour phrasing again.

Showing a bit of the two opponents from last season.

Main guy keeps getting scolded by the people in his school the next morning.

Concentrated eyes while help picking up the balls.

So the third years really did come to check first years. Main guy almost got emotional, but got back into helping out. Even that enemy's questioning was really straight but pressuring (not sure if he's simply curious or not).

Trying to find the answer.

Back to 25:25 next.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 17, 2020 9:20 AM
Aug 2018
where can i watch the raw?
Jan 17, 2020 9:59 AM

Nov 2016
Can't get enough of Tsukki roasting others xD, but poor Hinata. He better come up with the right answer to get the best out of the situation he's in.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 17, 2020 12:00 PM

Aug 2013
That sensei with the glasses can be scary at times lol.
Though, that was good advice he gave to Hinata.

Jan 17, 2020 12:05 PM

Dec 2013
I’m disappointed at the lack of Kageyama but it was still an okay episode. Hinata being a ball boy is still a little cringey tho
Jan 17, 2020 12:08 PM
Jul 2018
Forgot how it feels to sense Hinata's determination through the screen. Shounens sure are intense.
With Oikawa unfortunately being gone I'm starting to love Tsukki more and more.
Jan 17, 2020 12:38 PM
Mar 2018
G_Spark233 said:
I’m disappointed at the lack of Kageyama but it was still an okay episode. Hinata being a ball boy is still a little cringey tho

"Being a ball boy is still a little cringey" ? Are you one of those 12 yo from twitch that find anything cringey? How and in what world is that cringey? You are basically insulting all the ball boys in the world right now. >.>
Jan 17, 2020 12:40 PM

Nov 2019
Pretty good episode 7/10
Hinata needs to get his shit together
Jan 17, 2020 12:43 PM

Oct 2017
Damn watching Hinata like this is too damn depressing.
Jan 17, 2020 12:49 PM
May 2017
Another great episode. I feel bad for hinata. The way he stuck his head was hilarious.
Jan 17, 2020 12:56 PM

Aug 2013
Seeing Hinata like this hurts me... I just want to see him smiling and happy. Hopefully he'll find the answer soon enough.

Pretty good episode! I laughed so hard when Noya rolled into Tanaka... poor guy, and he ended up getting a scolding too. It was hilarious xD
Jan 17, 2020 1:06 PM
Nov 2008
Hinata in the end of episode:
"Find it.. FIND IT!!"
*yup, just lemme wipe tha flo"
Jan 17, 2020 1:10 PM
Aug 2017
Im all in rooting for hinata man
The character growth that im looking forward to
Also,its really nice to see Tendou back , one of most fav characters in this show
Jan 17, 2020 1:17 PM

Jul 2017
oof, feelsbad seeing Hinata wanting to play so hard. I find it funny how hard he is on himself when he was one of the key players to the team's success in the first place

G_Spark233 said:
Hinata being a ball boy is still a little cringey tho

wait wut's cringey about it lmao?
Jan 17, 2020 1:20 PM

Oct 2018
Love the way they animated hinata scene involving branch, this is my first time watching haikyuu after reading manga and I can't wait for future episodes.
Jan 17, 2020 1:26 PM
Apr 2016
Seeing Hinata struggle like this really pains me. Some important development episodes, for sure.
Jan 17, 2020 1:32 PM

Mar 2015
Loved how Tendou was in this episode, his character always brings a smile to my face.

This episode was quite depressing for me but I'm glad Hinata managed to get it back together at the end of it.
Jan 17, 2020 1:48 PM

Mar 2017
Omfg that episode didn't even feel like it was 5 minutes long! Man, I feel so bad for Hinata but I feel like this doubt and disappointment is going to be the thing that takes him higher; he's strong enough to fight through it and come back fighting!

The Op is perfection this season (I mean they all are but this one is particularly amazing!)
Jan 17, 2020 1:57 PM

May 2019
That was a pretty cool entrance for someone who mops.

It's finally time to learn receives as Kageyama said way back at the beginning of S1 otherwise Hinata's face bones might be broken during the spring tournament.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Jan 17, 2020 2:04 PM
Nov 2018
Feels like a slow but steady build up. I'm really curious about what he came up with though, I would love to see Hinata improving on his skills...btw that Rolling Thunder Double got me! xD
Jan 17, 2020 2:06 PM

Dec 2014
Not gonna lie..feeling bad for Shoryu...keep it up Hinata
Jan 17, 2020 2:07 PM

Jun 2014
I felt bad for Hinata this whole episode but if there's one thing we've learned from all these seasons of Haikyuu, it's that he isn't a quitter. Judging by the end of the episode, he definitely looks like he'll come out of this situation much stronger.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 17, 2020 2:15 PM
Jul 2018
Oh poor Hinata, all those sermons... but that's fine, he's a solid character who won't lose his motivation despite the role that Washijo attributed to him. I can't wait to see what Hinata will do in the next episode.

Noya-kun is so funny haha! (•‿•)
Jan 17, 2020 2:40 PM

Mar 2014
Jeez it's tough to watch Hinata be treated like this, I mean yeah it was a mistake going to the training camp but still I don't like seeing him get yelled at by Shiratorizawa's coach. I think this experience will motivate him even more in the end though!

There weren't any scenes of Kageyama in this ep I miss him :<

Noya once again consolidating his position as best boy by supporting Hinata and being his usual enthusiastic self during practice
Jan 17, 2020 3:32 PM

Dec 2011
Some tough discipline for Hinata but i feel like its for the best, I like the whole dynamic they're taking with his growth.

But Tsukishimas outburst and Noya's double rolling thunder had me dying ahahahaha
Jan 17, 2020 3:48 PM

Mar 2010
The animation, again, was superb. Even simple scenes can be so finely angled/drawn. Ah how pleasant.
These build up episodes are going to be really important.

Also i love how this anime teaches you to take chances in life. Yes, what Hinata is doing seems stupid, but every situation can teach you something new and Hinata is up for the challenge. Do not underestimate the ballboy position, as the coach said.
Jan 17, 2020 3:57 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.

I feel bad for Hinata, it's hard, it feels like everyone is moving forward and leaving you in the dust but you have to struggle and find your place! I'm really curious to see how he's going to come out of this stronger.

That moment when Ushiwaka mentioned the title of the advertisement in the magazine and I'm here wondering if that was the title of a Gintama episode. XD

Hinata getting scolded by the coaches was hilarious, especially Takeda with the format sit down and single line advice. Tsukushima straight up bullying Hinata and Nishinoya's rolling thunder were great too.

Looking forward to more.

Jan 17, 2020 5:53 PM

Jun 2009
Jan 17, 2020 5:54 PM

Jun 2015
I like how people are feeling bad for Hinata. It's somehow weird to see the world through a character's eyes. We, the viewers, are underestimating the ballboy position just like Hinata does. Well, it's as if coach Ukai is also telling us to not underestimate ballboy position, isn't it?

Side note: Get the f--- away from Noya's rolling thunder. Or else you will end up in miserable state as Tanaka had XD.
YosepRAJan 17, 2020 5:58 PM
Jan 17, 2020 6:09 PM

Sep 2012
Whole episode goes by in what seems like mere 2min.
Jan 17, 2020 6:36 PM
Mar 2015
Nice to see Hinata realize what he needs to do
Jan 17, 2020 8:04 PM
Sep 2018
I don't know man. But I'm not feeling the new style of the anime. It felt like everyone became a bit less human.
The reason why I was captivated by the previous installments was the art work, but now I feel like they are going easy or they aren't putting their heart and soul into the project.
All the core team players except nishinoya went through changes and it wasn't satisfying. I felt a bit disconnected, like there someone I used to know. And the art work is cheap.
*Don't feel offended, this is just my humble opinion*
Jan 17, 2020 8:16 PM

Apr 2018
Everyone is too hard on Hinata. He's just eager to improve and learn.

Also how is he still being criticized for his skills or height and undermined when he's already proved himself and played an important role in every game they have played so far? Just seems ridiculous.
Jan 17, 2020 8:55 PM

Apr 2018
Gaerled said:
Whole episode goes by in what seems like mere 2min.

My thoughts exactly. I'm just getting confortable in my couch when the ending begins playing. That's how good this anime is.

And I'm not that much into shonen or sports!
Jan 17, 2020 8:57 PM

Aug 2017
Never seen someone bring that mop out with such dignity and determination.
I hope next week Hinata will be on the floor with the boys giving them a thing or two with his play. The struggle is real!

Jan 17, 2020 9:26 PM

May 2017
Good episode! I love how they emphasized on Hinata's desire to play. Heck his desire was so immense that even I felt like jumping onto the court.
Jan 17, 2020 9:38 PM

Mar 2016
hubble_capeta said:
I don't know man. But I'm not feeling the new style of the anime. It felt like everyone became a bit less human.
The reason why I was captivated by the previous installments was the art work, but now I feel like they are going easy or they aren't putting their heart and soul into the project.
All the core team players except nishinoya went through changes and it wasn't satisfying. I felt a bit disconnected, like there someone I used to know. And the art work is cheap.
*Don't feel offended, this is just my humble opinion*

It's the same style as Furudate's current manga style. Imo the production team's reason for this style is to bring a new and fresh look to the franchise after 3-4 years of hiatus. They're trying to adapt to the manga's visual, and they'd like to tell us this is a turning point for Karasuno team as in their decision to have new character designs. In the end my point is trying to ease you by giving possible reasons, so you won't be as confused as you seem in that comment.

ThatsNotGaming said:
Everyone is too hard on Hinata. He's just eager to improve and learn.

Also how is he still being criticized for his skills or height and undermined when he's already proved himself and played an important role in every game they have played so far? Just seems ridiculous.

Because Hinata doesn't has the height as a middle blocker and neither the blocking skills he should need for the position. He also lacks serving skill, receiving skill, and in the ability parameters he lacks in 3 points; power, technique and strategy. It's not an updated version after their match with shiratorizawa but he still need much more than stamina, speed, and jump.
Jan 17, 2020 9:50 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great episode, like the usual! Man, these weekly episodes just aren’t enough for God’s sake!

Damn, Hinata’s in some serious pinch here! Seeing everyone shoot ahead of you has got to put some immense pressure on you, and quite understandably so, but it’s nice to see the advices of his teacher and coach have helped him come up with a mode of focus. Effort without an aim will never yield, after all.

Lol @ that scene of the headmaster cowering in fear, Hiroshi Kamiya’s character sure is creepy when he’s mad. And back at those pin-point quotes...

Yikes, Ushiwaka’s mouth is as sharp as ever though. Good to see the Shiratorizawa alumni and second-years pitching in to help too. Meanwhile, it’s nice to see the Karasuno gang the same as always.

Sad we haven’t seen Kageyama much as of yet and no Yachi-san whatsoever. Here’s to hoping we’ll be seeing more of the two in particular after Hinata’s little “finding his place” mini-arc!

Looking forward to more! God, the ED is a bliss to tune into though...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 17, 2020 10:05 PM
Dec 2016
This episode got me, as someone who plays sports i really could feel the frustation in Hinata, that feeling of giving all of yourself but there is not progress, the fact that you train more than anyone else but still not being enough. I'm in love of how this episode shows all of this emotions through Hinata.
Jan 17, 2020 10:24 PM

Mar 2015
Can we all agree that Shiratorizawa’s coach Washijo needs to be pushed off of a very tall bridge? please? Like, holy crap dude, you’re a friggin fossil, how do you have that much energy to be such a raging butthole?
Other than that, it was a pretty good episode. I liked seeing Satori again, he’s definitely an intriguing character to me. Tsukki’s roasts almost never get old. It was also nice to see a good lecture coming from daichi. 10/10 captain skills. Kinda hoping to see some more from the animation of practices and whatnot. Still feels like we’re missing something and it’s taking away from the excitement of it all for me a little.

"𝘋𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘪𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘦𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘴𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘱𝘶𝘵 𝘶𝘱 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘴? 𝘠𝘰𝘶’𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦’𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵."

Jan 17, 2020 10:36 PM

Oct 2009
I spy with my tired little eyes a - SEMI!!! \o/ Let him have a few more scenes on screen please.

Noya is still absolutely awesome though, Shouyou could be cleaning toilets and he'd be cheering him on. xD Also: ROLLING THUNDER! DOUBLE! :DD
Poor Shouyou though, I mean he did crash the training camp, but damn some of that treatment he doesn't deserve. Tsukishima in particular is a real d×ck about it.
yellowheartrenJan 17, 2020 10:43 PM
Jan 18, 2020 12:39 AM

Aug 2012
This one hit hard, Hinata is too relatable. Masterfully done- the onslaught of everyone being so hard on him, but in the end he's proving to be harder on himself than all of them put together.
Jan 18, 2020 2:09 AM

Mar 2016
I don't know why, but this season is feeling unbearably underwhelming. Was Haikyuu always this bad or did this season just drop in quality? Or maybe I just got too old for this anime. Because I liked the past seasons, I will see if this gets better later. Also, what's wrong with the designs? They look embarrassing when compared with the fantastic animation.
Jan 18, 2020 2:30 AM
Aug 2015
Wait : there's only 13 eps ?

It's been 2 eps and NOTHING happened. Literally N.O.T.H.I.N.G..

I thought it was a long 26 eps season and they were going to make a slow start before an intense ending but ... nope.

Damn, disappointed I am. :/

PS: tsukkibaka => get rid of this sh*tty character, he had his moment with his heroic block but other than that he's annoying as hell. (<_<)
Jan 18, 2020 2:33 AM
Apr 2016
helldraco said:
Wait : there's only 13 eps ?

It's been 2 eps and NOTHING happened. Literally N.O.T.H.I.N.G..

I thought it was a long 26 eps season and they were going to make a slow start before an intense ending but ... nope.

Damn, disappointed I am. :/

PS: tsukkibaka => get rid of this sh*tty character, he had his moment with his heroic block but other than that he's annoying as hell. (<_<)

You clearly don't understand how character development works. This episode is a VERY IMPORTANT part of Hinata's character arc, the ep builds up to his epiphany at the end and showcases his intense passion and drive for improvement, and additionally further characterises Washijo, Tsukki, and hints at future moments too. And Tsukki is a very well written character with fantastic development, thank you.

Also, this season has 25 eps and is a split-cour.
Jan 18, 2020 2:33 AM

Jun 2007
love my boy Tsukki's method of supporting Hinata
can't wait to see Hinata's growth :'] go mop that mf floor like it's your last day on earth hell yeah
see you, space cowperson . . .
Jan 18, 2020 2:34 AM
Apr 2016
FuMomo-kun said:
I don't know why, but this season is feeling unbearably underwhelming. Was Haikyuu always this bad or did this season just drop in quality? Or maybe I just got too old for this anime. Because I liked the past seasons, I will see if this gets better later. Also, what's wrong with the designs? They look embarrassing when compared with the fantastic animation.

The designs are closer to the manga.

Also, most people generally agree that this arc is one of the best arcs in the series.
Jan 18, 2020 3:15 AM

Mar 2017
If you didn't read the manga, some of you would probably think that this is an useless arc but like what Tsukizono said above, this is one of the most important arcs because this is where Hinata will grow even more.

My respect for Hinata this arc, increased even more... he's quick to put himself back on feet though it's still painful to watch our sun getting looked down like that.

As usual, Noya is so adorable- trying to hype Hinata up ;_;

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Jan 18, 2020 3:26 AM
Jan 2020
Waouh, i just adore this episode even if there wasn't much of action, but i just love when characters think about how they can be much better by themself. I dont think there is going to have like radical changement in Hinata but the difference will be useful for the future competion, i mean, i hope!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2020

176 by Jekkii1 »»
Apr 4, 9:04 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2020

69 by Jekkii1 »»
Mar 23, 4:13 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2020

94 by adbeaver »»
Feb 25, 8:59 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2020

107 by vit_ »»
Feb 18, 3:51 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2020

84 by Remotepaper »»
Jan 20, 8:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.