Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 2 Discussion


Jan 18, 2:28 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 2
Great episode compared to Index S3 were the story and characters are scattered all over the place this is more focused and better. Can hardly w8 for Touma and Gunha Sogiita to meet that will be the best part in the whole anime.
 
Jan 18, 3:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 8199
SapphyeePH said:

Also Kongou + Misaka combo are really OP dude.



misaki and misaka are the best OP combo.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others."

“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.”
 
Jan 18, 3:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1248
zinlister said:
Great episode compared to Index S3 were the story and characters are scattered all over the place this is more focused and better.


I agree. Better paced and less messy than the last episode. I just hope Kuroko gets a chance to shine in this show outside of gags.
Shoot first, think never.
 
Jan 18, 3:28 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 2
It was a good episode, the running event was interesting, showing a bunch of hilarious moments (the hamsters, when Misaka and Kongou put the green rivals away usind that mattress). And the second part with Misaka sister replacing the real one in that kind of "prison ball".

On the other hand, love that animation was the same as that of the previous 2 seasons, instead of using that new, more "flat" style, which they used in the Accelerator spin off.
 
Jan 18, 3:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 649
The 3 legged race was pretty cool. :)

Whatever else happens this season I hope that Saten gets a decent sized part. I have been a fan of hers since the Level Upper arc in Season 1.
The sword that takes life gives life
 
Jan 18, 3:50 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 49
As to aru fans, I would says that Misaka probably is worst hero in to aru series in term of motivation. When she hit the wall, she always almost broken. Just see sisters arc, also in later series (including this Daihasesai arc).

Dont get me wrong, I like Misaka as character. But after saw all to aru protagonist, I think Misaka motivation isnt that impresive.

JC never do justice to to aru series so makes anime watcher only hates Touma eventhough his motivation is most impressive one (especially in NT). But hey, at least Accel got recognition.
 
Jan 18, 3:51 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 49
Back to Railgun T

I cant believe that JC cares about Gunha. His scene is most impressive scene in this episode. Also Misaka mother appear on Railgun. Not very impressed since I already know her in Index ii. Then Misaki scene is as good as I expected xD

I cant wait for next episode. Misaki meets Touma directly after a year & 10032 action. Hype for that.
 
Jan 18, 5:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 8199
Haunt-bot said:
zinlister said:
Great episode compared to Index S3 were the story and characters are scattered all over the place this is more focused and better.


I agree. Better paced and less messy than the last episode. I just hope Kuroko gets a chance to shine in this show outside of gags.


this is probably the only arc where she does besides her own arc in index main series.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others."

“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.”
 
Jan 18, 6:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 853
this episode event occured on index episode 8.
but, even i said that.. this episode acctualy happen but doesnt give the touma point of view animation (this is science side afterall)




Modified by bondtux, Jan 18, 6:29 PM
The MC Guy Dont deserve the best Girl.
 
Jan 18, 8:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 737
hazarddex said:
DarknessReality said:


Im still confused on how Kuroko got injured. I dont remember at the end of Railgun S her getting seriously injured in the final fight. But it has been a while so I might have forgotten it.


go read the index novels then remember this is a side story and unless you have full knowledge this seasons going to leave a lot out for explanations because it expects you to have knowledge from the main series.

It was shown in Index S2.
First or second arc.
 
Jan 18, 9:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 8487
spofes again huh...
ED by Kishida Kyoudan & the Akeboshi Rockets was a banger!
4/5.


 
Jan 19, 12:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 8199
Kamiyan3991 said:
hazarddex said:


go read the index novels then remember this is a side story and unless you have full knowledge this seasons going to leave a lot out for explanations because it expects you to have knowledge from the main series.

It was shown in Index S2.
First or second arc.


no one watches the index anime so i will tell them to read the novel instead.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others."

“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.”
 
Jan 19, 12:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 162
best girl Misaki is still super adorable especially when Konori confiscated her remote control LUL.

i love this series so much 6 years and its still going insanely strong even though its still airing its already definitely my AOTS and tbh wouldn't be surprised to be an AOTY even if its still this early because its already insanely good when there isn't anything happening yet which means when that stuff get animated OMG
 
Jan 19, 2:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 111
I can't wait for the next episode. It's gonna be so fun hehehe.
 
Jan 19, 3:35 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 48
Shokuhou was so damn funny this episode.
 
Jan 19, 8:20 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 4130
HAMSTERS FTW!

Best MILF is back!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
 
Jan 19, 8:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 81
DidiGetsRekt said:
Kuroko got injured in Index 2 in the arc which precedes the festival
Also the second arc of S (which isn't in the manga) was de-canonized as Wannai asks Awatsuki if she "ever got in a fight"


Ah ok that makes sense then. I was confused when she said that, since I vaguely remember them participating in the big fight at the end of the Chemicaloid arc.
 
Jan 19, 9:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 17698
ArbiterofWhim said:
DidiGetsRekt said:
Kuroko got injured in Index 2 in the arc which precedes the festival
Also the second arc of S (which isn't in the manga) was de-canonized as Wannai asks Awatsuki if she "ever got in a fight"


Ah ok that makes sense then. I was confused when she said that, since I vaguely remember them participating in the big fight at the end of the Chemicaloid arc.


You should forget that arc even exists since this episode -thankfully- retconned it to oblivion.
 
Jan 19, 9:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 81
ssjokg said:
You should forget that arc even exists since this episode -thankfully- retconned it to oblivion.


Agreed lmao. I decided to rewatch both seasons of Railgun in preparation for T and was given a bit of a shock, since it's been so long. My fondness for the Sisters arc must have made me forget how bad most of the other arcs were, especially the Chemicaloid arc. Those were some of the most hilariously pathetic villains I've ever seen in an anime.
 
Jan 19, 10:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 17698
ArbiterofWhim said:
ssjokg said:
You should forget that arc even exists since this episode -thankfully- retconned it to oblivion.


Agreed lmao. I decided to rewatch both seasons of Railgun in preparation for T and was given a bit of a shock, since it's been so long. My fondness for the Sisters arc must have made me forget how bad most of the other arcs were, especially the Chemicaloid arc. Those were some of the most hilariously pathetic villains I've ever seen in an anime.

What angers Toaru fans is that it made beloved characters act out of character.

Hell I could have forgiven how they portrayed Kuroko's and Misaka's powers( a)Misaka should have no issues fighting mobile suits/power armor and b) both should have been dead at the end) if at least the characters werent treated so shitty.

 
Jan 19, 11:04 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 30
OK I was confused why Kuroko was injured, assumed it was because I skipped the last ten or so episodes of S. But nope, it’s because I stopped Index when I finished season 1 😂

Ugh. I wanna be able to follow what’s going on, but man is Index a slog. Mostly because of the titular character, but also I’m just not a fan of harem shenanigans. I really just want to be able to watch Railgun and Accelerator haha
 
Jan 19, 1:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 731
episode 2 and the only good things are the OP and ED.. I start to think that the "T" in the name stands for TRASH...
I'll watch one more episode... Hope it will be better.

 
Jan 19, 1:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 11
joshua10red said:
episode 2 and the only good things are the OP and ED.. I start to think that the "T" in the name stands for TRASH...
I'll watch one more episode... Hope it will be better.

Eh? What don't you like? Did you watch Index before, or even just Railgun? I'm pretty sure that if you liked Railgun S you should like this one.
I really like Raildex, Mushoku Tensei, Re:Zero, SnK and Monogatari!
 
Jan 19, 1:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 731
DidiGetsRekt said:
joshua10red said:
episode 2 and the only good things are the OP and ED.. I start to think that the "T" in the name stands for TRASH...
I'll watch one more episode... Hope it will be better.

Eh? What don't you like? Did you watch Index before, or even just Railgun? I'm pretty sure that if you liked Railgun S you should like this one.

I watched all Index and Railgun..this season feels so average.. It doesn't have the intensity from Railgun S. Is like an OVA filler. Maybe because is been many years since last Railgun season my anime taste changed and I'm not liking the same things as when I started watching anime. So far after 2 episodes is not bad as Index 3 but for me is not what i expected.. Well that's just my opinion

 
Jan 19, 2:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 11
joshua10red said:
DidiGetsRekt said:

Eh? What don't you like? Did you watch Index before, or even just Railgun? I'm pretty sure that if you liked Railgun S you should like this one.

I watched all Index and Railgun..this season feels so average.. It doesn't have the intensity from Railgun S. Is like an OVA filler. Maybe because is been many years since last Railgun season my anime taste changed and I'm not liking the same things as when I started watching anime. So far after 2 episodes is not bad as Index 3 but for me is not what i expected.. Well that's just my opinion

I see what you mean... Basically you feel as though nothing much is happening right?
Well see it like this: the arc starts slowly while stuff happens behind the scenes (you saw that at the end of the episode) and it starts to build up until it reaches a very intense action filled climax!
Railgun pacing is slow, but if you keep watching, you can be sure that stuff will happen.
I really like Raildex, Mushoku Tensei, Re:Zero, SnK and Monogatari!
 
Jan 19, 3:28 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 9
People who only watch railgun:I want to see misaka and friend's more!
Touma/Misaki/Gunha:uhhh sure?
 
Jan 19, 3:34 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 865
Good episode!

Saten is always so funny!

Misaka and Kongo pair was awesome, and they made quite an awesome save on that litle girl!

The moment with Uiharu, Saten and Misaka's mother was funny!

Seems Member are doing things in the shadows!

Misaka's clone got mixed in festival, curious to see more!
 
Jan 19, 3:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 2632
Ah, Shokuhou, doesn't it suck to have an ability that needs external tools to work? :P
 
Jan 20, 2:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 703
Kuroko still best waifu lolol. Woah now MEMBER is making their appearance yet again. This is actually pretty good so far unlike the butchered index s3
 
Jan 20, 2:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 16121
One of the best sport festival episodes and Mikasas mom is really needs more screen time.
One Piece episode 914 & 915 were a mistake.

 
Jan 20, 3:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 1522
lol Misaka clone stealing the spotlight ... what will happen next episode? KININARIMASU!
Some favorite new girls from the Winter season <3 __________ delivery link
 
Jan 21, 12:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 947
fuckgendo said:
They changed it bc it looked too similar to Japan’s flag during their imperialism days

I'm not referring Gunha's "Rising Sun" t-shirt but the different color-palettes his t-shirt have in-between scenes from the PV.
 
Jan 23, 8:21 AM

Online
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 4430
I like how the Misaka clone from Index stealed her original spotlight lol.

And MEMBER finally appeared.
Life has no meaning.
 
Jan 23, 6:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 853
Inori_Hatsune said:
As to aru fans, I would says that Misaka probably is worst hero in to aru series in term of motivation. When she hit the wall, she always almost broken. Just see sisters arc, also in later series (including this Daihasesai arc).

Dont get me wrong, I like Misaka as character. But after saw all to aru protagonist, I think Misaka motivation isnt that impresive.

JC never do justice to to aru series so makes anime watcher only hates Touma eventhough his motivation is most impressive one (especially in NT). But hey, at least Accel got recognition.


- Misaka was not a hero.. she is only a heroine and she is just normal shoujo protagonist but with shounen prtagonist plot anime.
- i agreed that she doesnt had a motivation like the true protagonist of toaru series, bcoz she already had anything that she need...
- "she's always almost broken when she hit the wall".. man, she lived on bright side on academy city that had lot of dark side than the bright side, just imagine that her friends know what she was did on the dark side (like kuroko or saten ruiko realize that misaki fighting ITEM alone and number one level 5 to prevent CRAZY EXPERIMENT.)
- JC staff only work on "popular" adaptation.
Just in case if you dont know, JC staff would working on NT if the sales of Railgun T reach the TARGET.
The MC Guy Dont deserve the best Girl.
 
Jan 24, 1:07 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 91
Feels a pinch slow though I suppose they had to do more character intros. It was fine. Kongo time is always fun. Maybe a little to impatient to enjoy all the small cute characterizations.

Interesting how we’ve moved onto semi acceptance that anime touma is a bit dull. Misakas lack of guts is there to make touma have a great protagonist quality. Balance out her power and brains.
 
Jan 24, 8:26 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 49
bondtux said:
Inori_Hatsune said:
As to aru fans, I would says that Misaka probably is worst hero in to aru series in term of motivation. When she hit the wall, she always almost broken. Just see sisters arc, also in later series (including this Daihasesai arc).

Dont get me wrong, I like Misaka as character. But after saw all to aru protagonist, I think Misaka motivation isnt that impresive.

JC never do justice to to aru series so makes anime watcher only hates Touma eventhough his motivation is most impressive one (especially in NT). But hey, at least Accel got recognition.


- Misaka was not a hero.. she is only a heroine and she is just normal shoujo protagonist but with shounen prtagonist plot anime.
- i agreed that she doesnt had a motivation like the true protagonist of toaru series, bcoz she already had anything that she need...
- "she's always almost broken when she hit the wall".. man, she lived on bright side on academy city that had lot of dark side than the bright side, just imagine that her friends know what she was did on the dark side (like kuroko or saten ruiko realize that misaki fighting ITEM alone and number one level 5 to prevent CRAZY EXPERIMENT.)
- JC staff only work on "popular" adaptation.
Just in case if you dont know, JC staff would working on NT if the sales of Railgun T reach the TARGET.

Whatever you says, she still main hero on railgun. And to be honest misaki so far better both in manga & LN. Yes misaka live in bright side of AC, but if you read manga or LN you will know that her character development isnt that impressive. She is not only broke in sisters arc & daihasesai arc, but also in magic god arc. I do want misaka development going better since she is my favourite female chara on to aru series. But to be honest, she somehow overated.

Misaki in other hand gives me homura vibe except that fact she isnt broken at all.

As for railgun T stuff. To be honest as long JC gives justice it will undoubtly give huge succsess since T had all to aru fans like (mostly that Touma & misaki scene). But again, JC never do justice to other series besides railgun is pissed me off.
 
Jan 24, 9:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 853
Inori_Hatsune said:

As for railgun T stuff. To be honest as long JC gives justice it will undoubtly give huge succsess since T had all to aru fans like (mostly that Touma & misaki scene). But again, JC never do justice to other series besides railgun is pissed me off.


oh, did you mean jc only work on railgun, instead of another franchise like :
- accel manga
- astral buddy
- idol accelerator sama
- kagaku dark matter?
The MC Guy Dont deserve the best Girl.
 
Jan 26, 3:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 4607
Kuroko is always so fun! She is the reason why I watch it.

I just hope to don't see much of Touma here...he is the reason I didn't watch the others franchises
 
Jan 26, 3:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 87
bittersweetlove said:
Kuroko is always so fun! She is the reason why I watch it.

I just hope to don't see much of Touma here...he is the reason I didn't watch the others franchises
I think you'll be pretty much disappointed so. :/
 
Jan 28, 10:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 4607
Tsumilk said:
bittersweetlove said:
Kuroko is always so fun! She is the reason why I watch it.

I just hope to don't see much of Touma here...he is the reason I didn't watch the others franchises
I think you'll be pretty much disappointed so. :/


Thank you for telling me :(
I wish they didn't force Mikasa to have a love interest here...
 
Jan 28, 10:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 17698
bittersweetlove said:
Tsumilk said:
I think you'll be pretty much disappointed so. :/


Thank you for telling me :(
I wish they didn't force Mikasa to have a love interest here...

Imagine wanting to get rid of a trait that defines and develops her in a better character.
 
Jan 29, 1:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 8199
bittersweetlove said:
Tsumilk said:
I think you'll be pretty much disappointed so. :/


Thank you for telling me :(
I wish they didn't force Mikasa to have a love interest here...


railgun is the side story and she had the love interest before railgun existed. your argument has no valid logic behind it.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others."

“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.”
 
Jan 29, 1:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 947
bittersweetlove said:
I wish they didn't force Mikasa to have a love interest here...

Hm? Touma x Mikoto ship has been a thing ever since 2005 lol.
 
Jan 31, 5:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 12615
Gunha's speech about guts was amusing.

The others racers didn't stand a chance against Misaka and Kongou team.

One of the clones get to compete but I have a feeling she's about to get kidnapped...
 
Feb 7, 2:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 47736
Nurguburu said:
I like how the Misaka clone from Index stealed her original spotlight lol.
It was as expected since she was lurking around at the festival. I'm excited to see where things go from here!

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆


anime recs: nodame cantabile | shinsekai yori | chihayafuru | space brothers
 
Top
Pages (2) « 1 [2]