Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 17, 2020 5:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Kuroko just never ceases to amuse me. We got the Daihasei Festival this episode.

And of course with competition, there are characters that uses esper powers to give themselves an advantage. Heh, even Misaki showed up again. Misaka and her partner made quite an impression though if you ask me. Poor Kuroko, she couldn't stand beside Misaka during all this
Stark700Jan 17, 2020 10:03 AM
Jan 17, 2020 5:49 AM

Nov 2007
The speech by the chosen two were not match.

Ah, I thought it's cheating to use abilities, but it's by school full of abilities, so everyone's w. abilities.

Main girl and her pair made a nice combi. during the real race. Main girl's mother appears.

Other competition and got one of MISAKA. It seems like there's something bad happening later?

tsubasaloverJan 17, 2020 9:23 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 17, 2020 6:02 AM

Apr 2010
The Misaka Kongou duo worked really well for the running event, and i have to say those hamsters where pretty naughty for stealing that underwear.
It was a funny moment tho.
I also liked how the girls saved that little girl it was a nice action.

Anyway now that a Misaka clone entered a event i wonder how that will turn out.
Jan 17, 2020 6:09 AM

Jul 2016
This is the first time Xochitl appeared in the anime as different person (If only her masked form wasn't skipped in Index III). I bet the anime-only will confused at Saten and Xochitl's scenes since the anime skipped SS contents.

So it's confirmed it's not color errors but it was different T-shirt on Gunha.
Jan 17, 2020 6:28 AM

Jul 2012
So far so good! Misaka and Kongou, how Mikoto pulled herself with Kongou looked really cool. Can anyone beat Tokiwadai?!
Saten and Xochitl, we'll never know ...
It was the introduction of Mikoto's mom in Railgun, heh and just instantly they started talking about "that guy" =/
So Mikoto's clone will be able to enjoy Daihaseisai now?!
Jan 17, 2020 9:39 AM

Aug 2013
And the festival begins. Misaka's clone ended up joining it.
Misaka's mama appears.

Good to see Tsukuyomi-sensei.
LeoJan 17, 2020 10:11 AM

Jan 17, 2020 10:01 AM
Feb 2018
6 years. SIX. FCKING YEARS have I been waiting for a SPORT FESTIVAL. Fckingtastic.
Jan 17, 2020 10:24 AM

Apr 2014
The episode was great, especialy the Level 5's speech and Gunha's gutsy speach and the three-legged race with Mikoto and Mitsuko. The hamsters attack was funny too.

Also, I think that someone over at CR was drunk.
Jan 17, 2020 10:28 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Misaka’s mother returning and out with some glorious Misaka x Touma indications, that’s just my jam bro! God, Misaka’s intensive blushing, stuttering and then finally that kawai~ expression of despair, just brilliant! I can never get enough of that, my favourite non-canon OTP after all.

Seriously though, Misaka’s mother really ought to get some more screentime. She really brings out a certain charm to the series which is simply just fabulous to watch. On another note, she really does give off that “older sister” vibe more though, how come I didn’t suspect that at first lol? Saten-san’s savage breast-line comment sure was well-timed though.

Anyway, another great episode! More like a set-up episode for the meaty part of the arc to come but anything from this Railgun series happens to be a treat to watch so I’ll ‘em any day!

Starting with that number 5 and number 7 amazingly un-synchronised oath taking was mad hilarious! I could tell things were going far too well at the start and xD I couldn’t have been more right. No. 5 sure lost that.

Kuroko’s short return was on-point too. Yeah, just that. Lol. And Tsukuyoma-Sensei too!

Misaka demonstrating her Op-ness at the lost moment there was really cool too, how typical of her!

Looks like one of Misaka’s clones has been caught up in something now (as always, xD). And a suspicious third party involved, hmm. Definitely looking forward to that!

ED theme is quite good but the visuals more impressive imo. Surprisingly, a lot more focus on one of the supposed third-party member too, interesting...

J.C. Staff seems to be doing fairly great with this so far and I can only pray that they’ll be able to keep this up for the remainder of the season. So far, so very great indeed!

ChloeVonEinzbern said:
Also, I think that someone over at CR was drunk.

Lol, I thought the exact same when I saw this too! Would make sense why this came out later than it was supposed to, for one thing.
_MushiRock11_Jan 17, 2020 10:31 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 17, 2020 10:32 AM

Aug 2015
Very good episode, it seems that JC Staff took this job seriously
Jan 17, 2020 10:34 AM

Oct 2017
Poor Kuroko, she couldn't be beside her nee sama. Things were peaceful and so far the festival's going great but people from MEMBERS are conspiring something it seems. So soon things will start to go wrong.
Jan 17, 2020 10:42 AM

Sep 2018
Shokuhou's reaction when they took her bag of remotes :D :D :D

Alsoo pervy hamsters, Sogiita's speech ,Uiharu and Saten gossiping with Misaka's mom , Misaka Imouto joining the Festival.....

So much amazing and funny scenes :D
well that's just my opinion.....
Jan 17, 2020 10:54 AM

Mar 2016
Of course we all know how Misaka acts like a "tsun-dork" whenever Touma is even just mentioned...LMFAO.

Poor Kuroko, though, still injured and unable to accompany her nee-san in the competitions xDDD
Jan 17, 2020 11:38 AM

May 2015
This was a great episode. Railgun keeping it strong.

The OP has definitely downgraded after a second watching. Its the same beats as previous OPs just not as good. The video is nice though.

Best girl winning the race. It was inevitable lol. It was nice to see some chemistry between Misaka and Kongou.

Im still confused on how Kuroko got injured. I dont remember at the end of Railgun S her getting seriously injured in the final fight. But it has been a while so I might have forgotten it.

But dam Misaka Imouto has entered the battle XD. Worried what that dude has planned but of course Misaka wouldnt let anyone get away with hurting her precious little sisters. Cant wait to see more of them.
DarknessRealityJan 17, 2020 11:41 AM
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 17, 2020 11:50 AM

Oct 2019
DarknessReality said:
This was a great episode. Railgun keeping it strong.

The OP has definitely downgraded after a second watching. Its the same beats as previous OPs just not as good. The video is nice though.

Best girl winning the race. It was inevitable lol. It was nice to see some chemistry between Misaka and Kongou.

Im still confused on how Kuroko got injured. I dont remember at the end of Railgun S her getting seriously injured in the final fight. But it has been a while so I might have forgotten it.

But dam Misaka Imouto has entered the battle XD. Worried what that dude has planned but of course Misaka wouldnt let anyone get away with hurting her precious little sisters. Cant wait to see more of them.

Kuroko got injured in Index 2 in the arc which precedes the festival
Also the second arc of S (which isn't in the manga) was de-canonized as Wannai asks Awatsuki if she "ever got in a fight"
I really like Raildex, Mushoku Tensei, Dragon Quest Dai, Sabikui Bisco, Re:Zero, and Monogatari!
Jan 17, 2020 12:32 PM

Jul 2014
The first episode did one chapter + filler and this episode did only 1 chapter and a half.

Damn, they are surely taking their time with this one.
Jan 17, 2020 1:39 PM

Apr 2012
I'm having a hard time figuring out who is trying to dominate the globe and who just wants themselves or their school to win. Still good, though. Mmmm...snacks...
Jan 17, 2020 1:41 PM

Feb 2019
One of these days I'll get into reading the Index LN's and watching the first two seasons of Railgun, but having just jumped into it because I didn't want to miss this season while airing, I'm still really enjoying it. Love the characters, world, whole vibe of the show. It's a lot of fun. It'll get even better once I get more context, I'm sure.
Jan 17, 2020 1:42 PM

Feb 2010
DarknessReality said:

go read the index novels then remember this is a side story and unless you have full knowledge this seasons going to leave a lot out for explanations because it expects you to have knowledge from the main series.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jan 17, 2020 2:17 PM

Aug 2013
I don't remember liking Kongou so much back then. 'araara', 'watakushi', 'desuwa'. Yeah, I developed my liking for ojousama characters later apparently.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 17, 2020 2:20 PM

Feb 2014
I'm really satisfied with the pacing so far. I'm just happy that the production team at J.C. Staff are being faithful with the source material and are keeping up the great quality as well. =)

The start of the Daihasei Festival, like in the manga, was fun, with Misaka and Kongo's three-legged race being pretty eventful. Those little pervert hamsters was hilarious, too. XD

The ED was pretty good. Good visual shots of Misaka and Shokuhou, plus the song from Kishida Kyoudan & The Akeboshi Rockets is nice as well.

Next up, the Misaka Clone got dragged into taking the real Misaka's spot, by accident, for the next event, which involves popping the balloons on each other. This will be another entertaining event. =)
Jan 17, 2020 2:25 PM

Apr 2013
That opening speech by Gunha ̵a̵n̵d̵ ̵M̵i̵s̵a̵k̵i̵ ... and Misaki getting casually disarmed by Konori with Misaki taking a sec to realize what just happened lol

Almost forgot about the Sister swapping with Mikoto by accident... that guy from member will be surprised.

Beeing in the back overhearing the conversation Misaka must have felt that line, especially since it was coming from her clone

The ending song was decent
DelusionalUzumeJan 17, 2020 2:30 PM
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Jan 17, 2020 2:51 PM

Feb 2010
DelusionalUzume said:
That opening speech by Gunha ̵a̵n̵d̵ ̵M̵i̵s̵a̵k̵i̵ ... and Misaki getting casually disarmed by Konori with Misaki taking a sec to realize what just happened lol

if this was a tell tales game.
misaki will remember that.
you know i wasn't this before NT but now i am firmly
misaki > misaka
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jan 17, 2020 2:55 PM

Aug 2019
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
This is the first time Xochitl appeared in the anime as different person (If only her masked form wasn't skipped in Index III). I bet the anime-only will confused at Saten and Xochitl's scenes since the anime skipped SS contents.

So it's confirmed it's not color errors but it was different T-shirt on Gunha.

They changed it bc it looked too similar to Japan’s flag during their imperialism days
Jan 17, 2020 2:55 PM

Aug 2019
I’m sorry but I fucking hate switch’s ups like this episode. Idk it just makes me cringe physically. It’s so annoying and awkward
Jan 17, 2020 3:16 PM

Oct 2014
Wasn't really feeling the last few seasons of Toaru but I've really enjoyed this one so far!!
These characters are so much better!
Jan 17, 2020 3:25 PM

Dec 2017
lmao I still couldn't get used to 3-gatsu's Kiriyama Rei va voicing Gunha going all GUTS like this. Not that I dislike it tho, just felt weird

That aside, I'm happy with the adaptation thus far. Why can't Index 3 gets the same treatment as this? _(:3」∠)_
Jan 17, 2020 4:06 PM

May 2015
hazarddex said:
DarknessReality said:

go read the index novels then remember this is a side story and unless you have full knowledge this seasons going to leave a lot out for explanations because it expects you to have knowledge from the main series.

Ah............great. Im not interested in Index. Ive always prefered the science side with Accelerator and Railgun. (Also cause I absolutely hate Touma so Id rather not see more of him than I need to.) But thanks for letting me know.
Jan 17, 2020 4:51 PM

Feb 2010
DarknessReality said:
hazarddex said:

Ah............great. Im not interested in Index. Ive always prefered the science side with Accelerator and Railgun. (Also cause I absolutely hate Touma so Id rather not see more of him than I need to.) But thanks for letting me know.

Novel touma and anime touma are basically two different characters the way he acts in railgun S is more accurate then the index anime touma.

Jan 17, 2020 5:51 PM

Apr 2017
The festival has started! With the first disciplines beeing over it seems we at least for the time beeing we will get to see some actual competition in sports. The chaotic opening ceremony was hilarious, I hope we get to see more like this. It's somewhat disappointing to have Kuroko in such a passive point, but yeah, it's the story, so there is nothing to do about it. Of course that makes the situation interesting of it's own by giving other characters surrounding Misaka a chance to develop their own story lines.

The upcoming episode brings up a somewhat generic plot with a character mixing up, but I'm sure this will be funny anyways. I do hope we get to see more of the other level 5 espers as both Sogiita and Shokuhou have barely gotten any development in the past and just now got into the focus of the series. With the ending shown for the first time this episode I'd also like to take the time to mention that I really like both the opening and the ending theme and even sound in general has a good quality. It doesn't stand out but it also does not interfere with any of the experience.
Jan 17, 2020 5:57 PM
Mar 2015
misaka wins the 3 legged race but the clone substitutes for her
Jan 17, 2020 6:41 PM

May 2017
DarknessReality said:
hazarddex said:

I think you can at least watch Episode 6 and 7 of Index season 2
It's a mini arc before the festival with Kuroko as the protagonist and focusing on the science side, which directly shows you the events of what caused her to end up in the hospital.
Jan 17, 2020 9:02 PM

Jun 2012
That speech, lol.

That race would probably have been over from the get go if Kongou just use her esp from the start but there would be no thrill so its better this way.
Jan 17, 2020 10:30 PM

Jan 2008
Those hamsters have some pretty mad skills.
Jan 18, 2020 12:08 AM

Dec 2014
Ni ce to see the cone also getting in on the fun
Jan 18, 2020 12:25 AM

Aug 2018
Milf spotted-----> Misaka's "Mama"

Finally some Wannai screentime, she's my 3rd fav girl in railgun series (Misaka-1st, Saten-2nd) i hope she use her water power soon and see her become angry xD

Also Kongou + Misaka combo are really OP dude.

Its been ep 2 and the animation was still great af its like J.C staff becomes KyoAni when it comes to animating Railgun for its quality animation.I had a goosebumps while watchin this its pretty fun so far, *cough* great job hamster, you can really feel the Daihasei Festival.

Now the festival started, expect for more great things to come!
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Jan 18, 2020 3:18 AM

Apr 2015
Saten getting all excited about rumors again and Kuroko becoming Medusa... Aye, I missed this XD

Gunha absolutely owned that opening speech!! The Daihasei Festival has begun!

It comes to no surprise that Misaka and Kongou would win, but it didn't come easy as other competitors used their abilities pretty well, eventho some of them back"fired" hard on them!

Misaka's mother also appears again! Misaka calling her "Mama" was so like her though! Love it when her mum gets curious about "that idiot" and asks her about it. A flustered Misaka is always a good moment to witness!

So a Misaka clone is going to take part in the next race/match, I can already imagine it becoming very awkward next week!
Jan 18, 2020 3:23 AM

Jul 2007
At this point I can't be objective with this anime. It feels like I'm 15 and I never watched another anime before. I'm literally fanboying from start to finish 2 eps in a row. I don't remember how many years ago I rated something 10/10 while airing. (I'm not even sure If I ever did that). I think it will take some time for me to settle down but omg I just can't. All the cast is so cute. I'v read the manga and this was my favorite Index/Railgun related arc so far and by a huge margin. So seeing the adaptation being so well made makes my hear skip a bit.

17:07 THAT MISAKA FACE UGUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Jan 18, 2020 6:21 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
tsubasalover said:
The speech by the chosen two were not match.

Ah, I thought it's cheating to use abilities, but it's by school full of abilities, so everyone's w. abilities.

Main girl and her pair made a nice combi. during the real race. Main girl's mother appears.

Other competition and got one of MISAKA. It seems like there's something bad happening later?

Something worth noting that the anime skipped, the use of abilities is not only normal in the festival but encouraged as people around the world watch the games and they draw in more viewers than the olympic games and almost as much as the soccer world cup.
Jan 18, 2020 7:38 AM

Aug 2011
Daihasei Festival Railgun Arc, lets go. Another great episode. Yay for proper pacing.

Aw, they changed who took Misaki's bag. It doesn't really matter, I just found the person picked in the manga a more amusing choice.

Boy, the scene with Xochitl and Saten is going to do confusing to people who don't know about the side story content.

Nice, they added some extra dialogue showing that Mikoto's mother had seen Mikoto and Touma together earlier.

I am really liking the little tweaks the Anime team is adding to this Arc to improve. I am looking forward to the next episode.

The ED sequence was really good as well, and not what I was expecting.
Jan 18, 2020 11:17 AM

May 2015
Zedios said:
DarknessReality said:

I think you can at least watch Episode 6 and 7 of Index season 2
It's a mini arc before the festival with Kuroko as the protagonist and focusing on the science side, which directly shows you the events of what caused her to end up in the hospital.

Ive watched season 1 and 2 of Index. (Regretably.) Its been that long that Ive completely forgot about the events of them.
Jan 18, 2020 11:52 AM

Sep 2018
Also this time there is a reference to the first season: the urban legends. I liked the fact that the narrative brings to light not only the most well-known characters, but also the secondary ones, giving them enough space; I am really satisfied with this narrative choice. Graphically excellent: drawings, animations and backgrounds show how much the JC Staff is working very hard.
Jan 18, 2020 12:04 PM

Aug 2009
The Touma hate is probably the most irrational view on a character ever.

Maybe because Misaka acts just like him in Railgun, the difference being she has a ton of applications for her powers and that she is a girl, and yet people love her.

But hey. Cute is justice I guess.
Jan 18, 2020 12:27 PM

Aug 2009
Also, can they fucking decide who the intended audience is for this series?

Looking back at previous seasons they make it clear that fans of Toaru that care for the lore and characters arent their ones this is aimed at.

Nonsensical fillers, out of character moments for almost everyone, their powers just do whatever they want, inconsistencies with Index's important scenes. All of that to introduce cute girls and do more cute things.

Why not animate the Railgun side stories that they keep referencing constantly for 2 episodes now?
Right why would they?Those stories make everyone seem competent instead of cute.

Why would they show Misaka using her powers properly when they can just launch her into space and be able to aim at her target without seeing it AND then return to Earth with Kuroko without crashing into the ground?

Jan 18, 2020 12:37 PM

Nov 2019
ssjokg said:

Maybe because Misaka acts just like him in Railgun, the difference being she has a ton of applications for her powers and that she is a girl, and yet people love her.

I will not make my Touma and Light Novel propaganda because I guess everyone have their tastes even if they can seem kinda rude.

But yeah... It is kinda irrational, you just have to do a few search to look at how he is way much interesting that he seems.
(That people should not have to do in the first place. I guess I can let that fact, the index anime does not make him justice at all, but for the railgun one this is something else.)
Jan 18, 2020 12:45 PM
Jul 2018
ssjokg said:

Well, if they were anime-only, I can accept that. LN Touma is completely different person than anime Touma. All of LN readers like him. JC. staff probably have read the LN, so why do they ruin him like that? I think they prefer an anime with moe girls being main characters.
Jan 18, 2020 12:56 PM

Aug 2009
Tsumilk said:
ssjokg said:

I will not make my Touma and Light Novel propaganda because I guess everyone have their tastes even if they can seem kinda rude.

But yeah... It is kinda irrational, you just have to do a few search to look at how he is way much interesting that he seems.
(That people should not have to do in the first place. I guess I can let that fact, the index anime does not make him justice at all, but for the railgun one this is something else.)

jasotaku said:
ssjokg said:

Well, if they were anime-only, I can accept that. LN Touma is completely different person than anime Touma. All of LN readers like him. JC. staff probably have read the LN, so why do they ruin him like that? I think they prefer an anime with moe girls being main characters.

I am talking about anime versions.

Both of them are hotheaded idiots that would save anyone and their only justification for going through the trouble would be some bullshit they made up on the spot, somewhat related to the whole incident.

Now imagine a male MC assaulting a female side character, with lethal force, for no fucking reason.

Jan 18, 2020 12:57 PM

Nov 2019
jasotaku said:
ssjokg said:

Well, if you look closely pretty much everyone suffered from the anime adaptation. But Touma above all because all his character developement is in his inner thoughts and J.C thought it was a good idea to remove them.

The one who suffers the less from the Index anime is Accelerator. And still, even him is pretty much different in the novel.
Jan 18, 2020 1:04 PM
Jul 2018
Tsumilk said:
jasotaku said:

Well, if you look closely pretty much everyone suffered from the anime adaptation. But Touma above all because all his character developement is in his inner thoughts and J.C thought it was a good idea to remove them.

The one who suffers the less from the Index anime is Accelerator. And still, even him is pretty much different in the novel.

Agree with that. in index III, Accelerator keep suffering with the things that happens to him, and his fight with Touma in WW3 was like a boxing fight, while in LN it was Accelerator with 100 black wings.
Jan 18, 2020 1:27 PM

Nov 2019
ssjokg said:
Tsumilk said:

I am talking about anime versions.

Both of them are hotheaded idiots that would save anyone and their only justification for going through the trouble would be some bullshit they made up on the spot, somewhat related to the whole incident.

Now imagine a male MC assaulting a female side character, with lethal force, for no fucking reason.

Lmao yeah, I read one time a twitter post about all the level 5 being somehow crazy in their own way. And it is actually true if you think about it. We kinda forget Misaka was almost trying to kill Touma because she was pissed not winning against him. Haha
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2020

127 by cebrayillia »»
Mar 15, 4:22 PM

» Season 4?

removed-user - Jan 20, 2022

10 by waalex11 »»
Mar 13, 3:25 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2020

56 by Karva1 »»
Mar 4, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aversa - Aug 7, 2020

54 by Karva1 »»
Mar 4, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 15, 2020

250 by Karva1 »»
Mar 3, 3:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.