Forum Settings
Forums

Did You Like Weathering With You or Your Name Better?

New
Which one did you like more?
Your Name
60.2%
Weathering With You
39.8%
641 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 29, 2020 3:42 PM
Jan 2020
I really liked weathering with you. And what I liked in weathering with you than your name is the ending that made the anime perfect.

In my opinion we can't compare between them..you can't compare between two perfect and great animes you will just end up so confused.

I really enjoyed weathering with you.
Apr 29, 2020 3:57 PM

Apr 2019
i would rate them equally. they both had their strong and weak points but in general i think both anime was totally awesome.

Maybe watching, maybe reading, probably living
May 1, 2020 2:51 AM

Aug 2017
Your Name for sure.
May 26, 2020 9:18 PM
Jul 2019
Your Name, without a doubt. But Weathering with You is a really close second.
May 30, 2020 11:15 AM

Mar 2014
I love both of them but Your Name is definitely my choice !!
May 30, 2020 11:28 AM

Sep 2018
easily your name for me. maybe it's because I expected nothing of your name but expected a
a lot of wwy because of your name, but no part of wwy hit nearly as hard as or held my investment as much as the yn
Jun 1, 2020 1:43 PM

Nov 2013
Definitely - Your name. Tenki no ko was just too predictible to me; characters were quite plane and romance-part was weak. The ending was mediocre at best. Have no desire to rewatch it any-time soon, despite the amazing animation. Forgettable, overall.
Jun 1, 2020 2:10 PM

Nov 2017
Weathering with you was just a much more exciting, interesting and beautiful watching experience. I got way more attached to the characters of Weathering with you. I guess the end was a bit more boring than Your name's end but then again the world's end is way more interesting than Your name. But technically it's also Your name's world.. ehh anyway I greatly prefer this movie over Your name

plz @ me
Jun 13, 2020 4:05 AM

Mar 2018
Well I'll say your name but weathering with you was also great and little bit change then your name..animation of weathering with you is quiet nice.but your name touches the soul it's something u feel about this anime and story...
Jun 15, 2020 7:01 PM
Aug 2019
Your Name. Weathering with you has godlike animation (so does Your Name, but Shinkai Makoto's work has seemed to develop even further in Weathering with you), but the plot of Your Name is much easier to go along with. Hodaka's actions in Weathering with you show that he clearly does not ever consider the long-term consequences of the shenanigans he pulls and that personally made me feel really conflicted throughout the movie. Both movies were very touching and emotional, but I felt like the climax moment in Your Name was much more emotionally impactful. Weathering with you's climax scene was definitely beautifully executed as well (artistically- sound and animation) and breathtaking, but for the said reason above I didn't feel as emotional and moved during that scene. Both movies are quite good though.
Jun 22, 2020 12:48 PM

Dec 2015
Your Name by a long shot. Already watched the movie a couple of times and never thought it was less than a masterpiece. Tenki no Ko however didn't captivated enough with the characters and the 3rd act was actually a bit weak.

I'm legit surprised by how many people actually claim they enjoyed this movie more. My guess is it's just people who doesn't like the justified praise Your Name have (unfortunately the are very common this community). Otherwise, I legit have no idea why you would think that. Even reading some of the "reasons" here just make me more confused
Jun 22, 2020 2:01 PM

Apr 2016
I prefer this one, it was more entertaining than Your Name for me. Moreover, this one has a definitely better ending and a more likable cast of supporting characters.
May 22, 2021 5:35 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Thread locked for being a random X vs Y thread.

Anime Discussion Rules 2: Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage discussion; e.g. random "xx vs. yy", picture collecting, etc.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

82 by mshfqtny »»
1 minute ago

» which antagonist is your fave and which one you cannot JUST TAKE SERIOUSLY ?

ame - 33 minutes ago

5 by Piromysl »»
9 minutes ago

» For those who ever rewatch anything, are there any anime you can't really casually rewatch in whole or in part due to intensity?

WatchTillTandava - 9 hours ago

13 by perseii »»
37 minutes ago

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - 12 hours ago

28 by Kenzolo-folk »»
43 minutes ago

» Did you know that anime is amazing?

KryzakamiHrybami - Yesterday

21 by L0bsterman »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.