Forum Settings
Forums

Most UnFunny or Forced Comedy Scene or Anime

New
Jan 16, 2020 2:45 PM

Jan 2019
-Most unfunny or Forced Comedy scene in Anime that you have ever seen that almost made you want to stop watching it.

This Fire Forced Comedy clip is from Enen Shoubutai. Im very certain nobody found this even remotely amusing.
iLoveWaterJan 20, 2020 5:52 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 16, 2020 2:47 PM

Oct 2017
Most of the comedy scenes in Fairy tail
Jan 16, 2020 2:47 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Not a singular scene, but...
For an anime labeled as "Comedy", Tenbatsu Angel Rabbie was plainly not funny and was just meh overall.
Jan 16, 2020 2:50 PM

Aug 2018
All the comedy scenes from Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.They were forced and hindered the pacing of the show.And it's always about Edward's short height.
Jan 16, 2020 2:53 PM

Oct 2017
LoL Of course Hentai comedy scenes the are often skipped
Jan 16, 2020 2:53 PM

Jan 2019
I Fixed the Clip. Imgur is so retarded.
Jan 16, 2020 2:56 PM

Jun 2011
Water-sama said:
I Fixed the Clip. Imgur is so retarded.
I found it funny just because of the "how did you!?" Reaction
Jan 16, 2020 3:12 PM

Dec 2018
Forced comedy is basically almost every comedy, they usually have exaggerated reactions(forced example) to make you laugh.
Jan 16, 2020 3:20 PM

Oct 2010
To be fair, gintama has the worst forced comedy. But that forced comedy makes it incredibly funny, it's kinda unique. They just make a giant snow penis, they put on a weird name like neo armstrong cyclon jet armstron cannon and they expect you to laugh. Of course you laugh :))
Jan 16, 2020 3:22 PM

Jan 2019
Most of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and Your Lie in April's attempts at comedy
Jan 16, 2020 3:26 PM
Oct 2012
Everything about Demon Slayer after episode 1, who thought it would be a good idea to add comedy to this setting?
Talk about bait and switch
Jan 16, 2020 3:32 PM

Dec 2016
95% of all the comedy in Demon Sureya
Jan 16, 2020 3:35 PM

Aug 2018
The comedy scenes in Hellsing Ultimate are really forced and out of place, probably the worst i've seen yet
Jan 16, 2020 3:44 PM

Mar 2018
Water-sama said:

This Fire Forced Comedy clip is from Enen Shoubutai. Im very certain nobody found this even remotely amusing.
Thank god I smelled the lesser quality and dropped that trash right after the third episode.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Jan 16, 2020 3:46 PM
May 2019
95% of Highschool comedies and Romcoms and 99% of Shounen comedy.
The most annoying scenes are chibi faces type comedies during dramatic moments.
You can't have drama and comedy they don't mix.
Jan 16, 2020 3:49 PM

Dec 2018
FMA:B - nearly all of the jokes were about Ed's height or:
Random person speaking to Al: "Wow it's the fullmetal alchemist"
Ed: "No it's me."
Random person: "Really?"
*Ed gets angry*
The comedy in Dragon Ball/Z was also awful. Almost every single joke was someone says something silly or stupid, then everyone falls down. It gets really annoying after the 400th time.
Jan 16, 2020 6:54 PM
Jul 2018
koichis_pen said:
FMA:B - nearly all of the jokes were about Ed's height or:
Random person speaking to Al: "Wow it's the fullmetal alchemist"
Ed: "No it's me."
Random person: "Really?"
*Ed gets angry*
The comedy in Dragon Ball/Z was also awful. Almost every single joke was someone says something silly or stupid, then everyone falls down. It gets really annoying after the 400th time.

Xstasy said:

The most annoying scenes are chibi faces type comedies during dramatic moments.

Takuto_Shindou said:
Everything about Demon Slayer after episode 1, who thought it would be a good idea to add comedy to this setting?

I feel this on a spiritual level.
Most of BnHA, Fire Force, Soul Eater, KnY, some of FMAB and others.

And I like Kagome but that "sit" was at first just annoying. Then I actually became angry over this, because the series doesn't use it as comedy alone. She also made him sit, when he actually wanted to talk and had good points.
removed-userJan 16, 2020 6:57 PM
Jan 16, 2020 7:01 PM

Jun 2012
Whenever Satan lifts up Uiharu's skirt in Railgun. It is always the exact same gag and it is never funny.
Shoot first, think never.
Jan 16, 2020 7:13 PM

Nov 2008
I normally laugh at EVERTHING but Gintama is not good for that. Unpopular opinion, I know. But the jokes are too crass.

Oh God, Hatsukoi Love Monster is just as terrible. It's so unfunny; it's just idiotic.

Jan 16, 2020 8:18 PM

Jul 2017
Oh god what was that clip lmao, what was the joke even supposed to be?

But my 3 contenders are:

In Nichijou that scene with Yuuko trying to order from a cafe or smth and then all of a sudden turns into yelling/tsukkomi comedy. I'm all for that kind of comedy, Gintama has some of the funniest scenes based on that but in those cases at least it made sense why the characters were puzzled the way they were. This scene however made absolutely no sense why it was playing out the way it did and just became very cringe to watch

Azumanga Daioh had lots of scenes where it had those (intentional) awkward pauses after some event where the characters just stare at each other but holy shit it was done so bad and each time dragged for far too long to the point where it became less funny and intensely (unintentionally) awkward

And Asobi Asobase was just loud noises = comedy so plenty of scenes from that
Jan 16, 2020 10:59 PM

Sep 2018
Leosmileyface said:
Forced comedy is basically almost every comedy, they usually have exaggerated reactions(forced example) to make you laugh.

I'm pretty sure they mean comedy that feels forced in and out of place to the point that it's not funny.
Jan 16, 2020 11:05 PM
Dec 2017
To love ru series as a whole is just a forced comedy literally. Only to love ru darkness is slightly better than the others
Jan 16, 2020 11:09 PM

Jun 2016
I think that blood lad was supposed to be a funny show but I don't remember laughing even once
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Jan 16, 2020 11:14 PM

Jul 2015
Water-sama said:
-Most unfunny or Forced Comedy scene in Anime that you have ever seen that almost made you want to stop watching it.

normally I would find scenes like these funny, a lot of scenes with tamaki were just too out of place, didn't stop me watching it though.
Jan 16, 2020 11:15 PM

Oct 2017
I still haven't returned to demon slayer after the yellow shirt man blew out my eardrums for an entire episode. Someone must have thought that was going to be funny.
Jan 17, 2020 12:01 AM

Jun 2012
Tejina-senpai is a pretty good example. Every slapstick is shit. Well, I watched it for the ecchi scenes anyway.
Jan 17, 2020 12:06 AM

Nov 2019
Dolabella said:
I still haven't returned to demon slayer after the yellow shirt man blew out my eardrums for an entire episode. Someone must have thought that was going to be funny.

Oh god, the hate for him is so generalized that I wonder how the character went through without anyone saying he needs to be toned down.

It does get better though, so you should keep watching.
Jan 17, 2020 12:09 AM

Jan 2019
Pretty much just all of gintama. I never even cracked a smile during the show.
Hunter x Hunter is a 1/10
Jan 17, 2020 12:14 AM

Nov 2019
Every Demon Slayer comedy scene. I had to roll my eyes at them.

However I found one scene incredibly funny when zenitsu freaked out seeing the demon spider with a human face. Lol
SAO PROGRESSIVE ANIME HYPE
Jan 17, 2020 12:26 AM

Mar 2016
Most clips from Shimoneta. All of the humor was very forced.
"Wonder is always difficult until you forgive whoever destroyed your love of surprises"  Edmond Manning

Jan 17, 2020 12:29 AM
Apr 2016
Oh no... they keep adding those crime-against-comedy scenes to the Enen no Shouboutai? This is tremendously sad.
Re:formed
Jan 17, 2020 12:43 AM
Aug 2018
Catalano said:
To be fair, gintama has the worst forced comedy. But that forced comedy makes it incredibly funny, it's kinda unique. They just make a giant snow penis, they put on a weird name like neo armstrong cyclon jet armstron cannon and they expect you to laugh. Of course you laugh :))

I am depressed that you managed to describe my case precisely...
also I would go for one punch man comedy, was cringe
and if you think about the comedy in fire force as not comedy then you might actually enjoy it
AoT > anime
Jan 17, 2020 12:44 AM
Aug 2018
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:
Tejina-senpai is a pretty good example. Every slapstick is shit. Well, I watched it for the ecchi scenes anyway.

same bro same ;-;
they drew the thighs with white panties perfectly
AoT > anime
Jan 17, 2020 12:50 AM

Aug 2017
all that i watched in Mahou Shoujo Naria Girls
Jan 17, 2020 1:29 AM
Jul 2018
have_a_starfish said:
Dolabella said:

Oh god, the hate for him is so generalized that I wonder how the character went through without anyone saying he needs to be toned down.

It does get better though, so you should keep watching.

I could never understand how Zenitsu is viewed as more annoying than Inosuke lol.
Jan 17, 2020 1:59 AM

Jan 2019

With FMA:B and the Height jokes, people in real life do the same exact thing and its not Funny at all if one person constantly wears it out. However its very realistic that many people would make the same joke.

Because, I lived through it. Im 22 and im 5'4. So Yeah, dealt with alot of short Jokes.

Literal Children are taller than me.
Jan 17, 2020 4:26 AM

Oct 2018
Pretty much all comedy scene in KonoSuba. Extremely forced comedy all the time. Okay I get it, AQUA IS RETARDED AF, but why do you need to make several "jokes" of it every single episode??????
Honestly, that's what I disliked the most in it. Megumin's weird explosion fetish was forced after some time too, but it still wasn't that bad. Darkness being masochist also wasn't really funny after a while.

Don't believe it's some kind of personal attack against you Water-sama, but nothing like that. That is really what I think.

I understand if many find it funny, but not me. I don't think I've had an honest laugh while watching the first season. Besides these forced jokes, it's not a bad anime, but they definitely made it a lot worse for me.
-Aincrad-Jan 17, 2020 4:32 AM
Jan 17, 2020 5:05 AM

Nov 2019
Maneki-Mew said:
I could never understand how Zenitsu is viewed as more annoying than Inosuke lol.

Guess it's because Inosuke entered the show in a more "mysterious" way, whilst Zenitsu was from the very beginning an annoying kid.
Jan 17, 2020 5:07 AM

Jun 2011
Takuto_Shindou said:
if you are surprised about battle shounen having comedy then I think there is just no help for you lol

Short_Circut said:
they call it her lucky pervert ability or something like that, basically she's a huge klutz but it always ends up sexual.... that one was one of the more "how did that even happen?" ones which is why they mentioned it, but yeah it looks forced out of context
Edit: well MORE forced, at least theres somewhat of a reason behind it, it's almost making fun of the trope, but mostly just trying to find a way to use the trope a little differently
KillaclownJan 17, 2020 6:37 AM
Jan 17, 2020 5:27 AM

Jan 2020
Zenitsu I almost dropped Demon Slayer because of him.
Jan 17, 2020 5:28 AM
Jul 2018
have_a_starfish said:
Maneki-Mew said:

Guess it's because Inosuke entered the show in a more "mysterious" way, whilst Zenitsu was from the very beginning an annoying kid.

Yeah, I guess and because there is a bishie behind the mask for people who are into his face (also he's shirtless), but I kinda feel like I know a second Bakugou.
Jan 17, 2020 5:29 AM

Sep 2018
Most comedy scenes in Dr. Stone and Fairy Tail ;)
Jan 17, 2020 5:38 AM

Feb 2019
Xstasy said:

Gintama (esp. serious arcs) - Hold my beer.

Sorry; had to put that down.

Edit: Check out episode 151 to see some of the best transitions in this regard. Fairly stand alone if you want to watch it (no prior knowledge required). For anyone wondering about the episode, it's the one with insomnia and radio.
stickyfingersxJan 17, 2020 5:45 AM
Jan 17, 2020 5:40 AM
Feb 2017
Lol Fire Force..... yikes....

I saw a clip from Asobi Asobase, don’t know which one it was but I’m pretty sure the entire show is with those absolutely cringe faces...

Oh yeah and Zenitsu. Incredibly unfunny and annoying every second he’s on screen. Please remove him UFotable.
Jan 17, 2020 5:51 AM
Jan 2018
No surprise shounens will have comedy no matter what setting considering the demographic is teenagers and not over 20 year olds and 30+,

Anyway depends on the person really same type of comedy isn't for everyone most times the comedy is poorly done in Anime where in the manga or LN it could better who knows

Anyway I don't find alot of stuff in fire force funny either, just stupid.
Jan 17, 2020 6:08 AM

Jan 2010
Pretty much all comedy involving perversion, sexual harrassment, boob/dick size, etc.

Example: any comedic scenes involving Mineta, most comedic scenes with Sanji, any comedic scenes involving nosebleed, etc.
Jan 17, 2020 6:24 AM

May 2012
All comedy that does not have sexual stuff are boring. Sexual/perverted comedy is the only thing that I find funny
Jan 17, 2020 6:27 AM
Jul 2018
every single joke about Ed's height in fmab
Jan 17, 2020 6:38 AM

Dec 2017
Whenever a show tries to ease the tension in a rather serious scene.
like one piece, fma, and pretty much most shounen shows
which sucks tbh
Jan 17, 2020 7:22 AM
Oct 2012
Killaclown said:
Takuto_Shindou said:
if you are surprised about battle shounen having comedy then I think there is just no help for you lol

Short_Circut said:
they call it her lucky pervert ability or something like that, basically she's a huge klutz but it always ends up sexual.... that one was one of the more "how did that even happen?" ones which is why they mentioned it, but yeah it looks forced out of context
Edit: well MORE forced, at least theres somewhat of a reason behind it, it's almost making fun of the trope, but mostly just trying to find a way to use the trope a little differently
Yeah remember that hilarious moment in Shingeki no Kyojin or Hunter X Hunter oh wait
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Anime and Time Management

LenRea - Yesterday

17 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
3 minutes ago

» Anime Clubs in College

Peach_Main - 9 hours ago

9 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
5 minutes ago

» How you feel about non-Japanese entertainment/media using Anime art style?

Dragevard - Yesterday

41 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
8 minutes ago

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 11 hours ago

37 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
12 minutes ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - Today

45 by obicomeonboneme »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.