Forum Settings
Forums
Jan 15, 11:23 AM
News Team
☕ Comfy Blend

The official website for the TV anime adaptation of Maou-jou de Oyasumi (Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle) revealed its main staff as well as a key visual (pictured right) on Wednesday. The website also revealed that Inori Minase (5-toubun no Hanayome) will play the main character Aurora Suya Rhys Kaymin. The anime is scheduled to premiere in 2020.

Staff
Director: Mitsue Yamazaki (Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai)
Series Composition: Yoshiko Nakamura (Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san)
Character Design: Ai Kikuchi (New Game!)
Studio: Doga Kobo

Maou-jou de Oyasumi is a comedy fantasy manga drawn by Kagiji Kumanomata and began its serialization in Shogakukan's Weekly Shounen Magazine in May 2016. The series currently has 12 compiled volumes in print, with its 13th volume scheduled to be released on January 17.

VIZ Media licensed the manga for North American release in 2017 and released the tenth volume last December.

Source: Comic Natalie

News submitted by Kingsman117
Modified by Vindstot, Jan 15, 8:08 PM

Submit News ∶∶ Guidelines ∶∶ BBcode Guide ∶∶ Jazz-hop ∶∶ Synth ∶∶ Shoegaze ∶∶ @Snow for news edits!

Jan 15, 12:01 PM

>Doga Kobo
Pure bliss. Thank the gods.
:3

Jan 15, 12:38 PM

Doga Kobo saving anime once again, plus the manga is great
Already 10/10

Jan 15, 12:47 PM

-> Inori Minase will voice the female lead
-> Doga Kobo

this gonna be fun to watch
Modified by tragedydesu, Jan 15, 12:52 PM

Jan 15, 12:53 PM

Inori Minase

Good.

Literally one of only 2 works with maou in the title that I look foward for an adaptation. the other one being Maou to Hisho.
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Jan 15, 2:15 PM

Doga Kobo + Minase Inori

Is this heaven?
Not sure which is more toxic...The Facebook comment sections or MAL anime reviews.

Jan 15, 2:20 PM
SMM2 Enthusiast

My god. How I've wished, dreamed, hoped, and prayed that Inori Minase would be the voice of Princess Syalis and my prayer has been granted. ;_;

Perfect choice! I am so thankful to be alive! ;__;

Jan 15, 4:09 PM

I really like what they did with the title!:)
Anime Watcher and Manga Reader Extraordinaire!!
Especially knowledgeable in the Slice of Life department, ask away if you want help finding good animes or mangas!! ;)

Im also a huge AniMu Fan.

No AniMu, No Life

Jan 15, 4:28 PM

i for one. welcome or genocide princess overlord!
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."

Jan 15, 4:57 PM
LOL I am low key getting Kanna vibes

Jan 16, 5:44 AM
News Team Offline
Usually I'm not to bothered about another fantasy slice of life type, but they have been consistently surprising in how enjoyable they are

Jan 16, 7:18 AM
Inorin as a princess, I wonder what happen if she become queen later, not a princess again ?

Jan 16, 9:01 AM

Oh yeah it's all coming together.

Jan 16, 3:05 PM

promising news, am looking forward to the adaption
----------------------------------------------------------

Jan 16, 10:16 PM

I read the manga. it was nice. Interesting in this since its Doga Kobo based anime

Jan 19, 1:13 PM

I wonder if show will be popular despite being basically a reverse harem, a sub-genre that's basically dead to broader audience (of anime fandom).

Jan 22, 8:09 AM

bastek66 said:
I wonder if show will be popular despite being basically a reverse harem, a sub-genre that's basically dead to broader audience (of anime fandom).

The focus is not lolshipping and romance itself, but rather in the jokes.

Plus the girls is not a blank-space doormat, but the most enjoyable char to see in the show.

Will likely not be the hypetrain of it's season, but it will have enough audience to do fine.
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Jan 22, 8:22 AM

Fabris said:
bastek66 said:

The focus is not lolshipping and romance itself, but rather in the jokes.

Plus the girls is not a blank-space doormat, but the most enjoyable char to see in the show.

Will likely not be the hypetrain of it's season, but it will have enough audience to do fine.

>implying shippers can be stopped