Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 2 Discussion

Bofuri: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 18, 2020 12:45 AM

Jun 2012
I thought this anime would be just fine at best but it's own sense of humor ain't really that bad because the first half was really funny.

And that timely OST on the 2nd half and the synchronized BGM during the battle underwater have to be given credit.
Jan 18, 2020 4:03 AM
Jul 2018
redcobra said:
BlueIsLove said:

Surprisingly, the CG when Sally was fighting the boss wasn't that bad though, well of course it's not on Land of the Lustrous level but I've seen worse.

Like I said before, stop taking this anime too seriously, judging by your profile I bet you just watch this because it's got the "Shield" part. This is just cute girls doing cute things type of stuff, definitely won't go deep in the story like Raise of Shield Hero. If you don't enjoy it then it's clearly not for you, move on and watch other anime. it's really that simple.

Just ignore this guy one of those spam new account for bait post + hate comment.

This is MAL nothing new.

You say I'm just a fake account? Tell me if something I have said is a lie, this shit is different from others similar anime like the smartphone or the slime? Why is everyone so condescending with this show?
Jan 18, 2020 5:42 AM

Mar 2013
Well the other players have noticed that she broke the game with her gear and stats. Wonder if there'll ever be an arc where the devs patch it and nerf her?
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Jan 18, 2020 8:15 AM

Feb 2008
Kaede is unexpectedly artistic.

Then again, she would not be able to display her artistry if Maple's shield were not that overpowered. Her free-for-all with everyone was a hilarious display. That Gundam reference cracked me up as well.

However, Maple's post-game interview was absolutely awesome. She certainly captivated all male viewers...

Sally performed commendably too, not to mention her admirable ability to serve as a mount for her clumsy friend.
Jan 18, 2020 3:56 PM
Oct 2018
I dont care if people says this anime story looks bland. I just want relaxing vibe from this anime.
Jan 18, 2020 4:34 PM

Aug 2018
This anime exceeds my expectation
Its really fun to watch
Simple yet so enjoyable to watch because of personalities of the mc's

I'm not into this kind of anime but the characters were soooooooo likebale that im gonna stay on this.The concept of the game in this series was so detailed, the powers and the levels much better than Sao.

Risa is so pretty and Kaede is like a daughter that you wanna protect at all cost xD
The level of yuri in this ep was so high
great to see risa piggybanking kaede

Great friedship between these two characters
they are too pure awww
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Jan 18, 2020 6:49 PM

Sep 2016
Super cute episode this week too.

Only thing I could "complain" about this, in the anime it looks she's defeating her enemies with something actually directly damaging, more than only using ailments, with her Hydra and such, while in the manga was more the opposite. Whatever.
bruh
Jan 18, 2020 7:43 PM

Nov 2009
She's so cute.

I want to have her in my MMO parties always.

Too bad this cute girl doesn't exist anywhere in the gaming world... ;(

___ ___ ___

So ladybugs are popping candies to her... and she eats it from the Butt, LOL

And,

"When I hear Limited edition, I gotta have it" *GabiN Clap*

"I took a pounding, but I like it", is that what she really said? LUL, so cute and lewd, but she probably didn't do it on purpose, being super innocent and airheaded.

And looks like "Sally" is going Evade... too bad she went "regular gamer mentality" and spread out her stat and not pure Agi.

Also, what's with their Newbie luck getting near Legendary equips from their first Bosses anyways?... lol
amlgJan 18, 2020 8:10 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jan 19, 2020 9:22 AM
Jan 2020
Copy sao + fgo 100% copy shape creation mashu stage 3
RyukiuJan 19, 2020 9:28 AM
Jan 19, 2020 1:59 PM
Aug 2018
Maple so moe and strong
Jan 19, 2020 9:53 PM

Sep 2011
Sally: I'm gonna play the Knight class

"Translator": Types it as Swashbuckler

Another reason I don't pay for CrunchyRoll

Also oof that was some god awful CG during the Fish Fight.

The comedy was still good though.
Jan 20, 2020 4:19 PM
Jul 2016
LOL, it's rare to get anybody to know that Gundam reference of Jet Stream attack in this thread AT ALL.
Jan 20, 2020 7:01 PM

Mar 2012
Not bad but not good either, there is lots of most interesting shows this season, dunno if I will keep watching this one.
Jan 21, 2020 6:45 AM

Apr 2013
RayReynolds said:
There’s no way Maple would be the first to try out a defense-only build. Hell, it never should’ve even gotten out of alpha with a build this broken. And if you’re going to go with this gimmick, why not go all the way? Let’s have an all STR character. And an all AGI character. Then have them work together in unconventional ways to defeat monsters. Just Maple seems kinda boring, no? But who knows, maybe those aforementioned characters will show up later in the story. I just don’t think if I’ll still be watching the show long enough to find out. Third, games usually have some form of penalty if you attempt to fight anything too high level. You can stack defense all you want, but if a boss is ten or more levels higher than you, they gain some sort of damage bonus that will negate your defense. Fourth, VIT is VIT. RPGs, whether we’re talking tabletop or MMOs, usually have an additional defensive parameter like MND. They might even have more than just two, but simplicity’s sake, let’s just stick with VIT and MND for now. VIT is for physical attacks and MND is for magical attacks. It seems like New World Online won’t even bother with the latter as far as I can tell.

Any self-respecting developer would hotfix this build immediately but everyone instead of getting mad at our protagonist, they prefer to see her ashamed for saying embarrassing nonsense UGUUUU!

Edit: I'm sure they'll tell me to chill out because no one should take this anime seriously OK I know, don't to waste your breath.

Nah you're 100% right. This might just be the most poorly designed anime MMO I've seen. The setting for this entire story is just too nonsensical, and the author wrote themselves into every corner imaginable. Clearly this game has been out for a while, so it's extremely unlikely that nobody else would have discovered these busted skills (or similar ones). She basically gets OP VIT multiplier skills by tanking a bunch of attacks...which is what any other greatshield player would do as well. Even with her multipliers (and assuming none of the 2k players she beat had an multiplier skills), I find it hard to believe a low-level noob could be completely unaffected by attacks from players who are clearly at much higher levels.

Not to mention the stat system seems totally broken even without skill multipliers. Apparently all those other stats of hers (y'know, the ones at 0) have no impact on her ability to equip heavier/stronger equipment or her ability to tank attacks.

tl;dr multiplier skills are busted and would definitely already be well know. The stat system in general is clearly busted in more ways than one.
Jan 21, 2020 7:16 AM

Apr 2013
redcobra said:
Just ignore this guy one of those spam new account for bait post + hate comment.

This is MAL nothing new.

"Oh no somebody insulted that show I like he must be a bot!!1!11!".

patormov said:
You say I'm just a fake account? Tell me if something I have said is a lie, this shit is different from others similar anime like the smartphone or the slime? Why is everyone so condescending with this show?

The reason they're so condescending is pretty simple, just look at the show.
1. VRMMO
2. cute girls
3. escapist power fantasies
4. lazy writing
It has everything it needs to attract the worst bottom-feeders of MAL lmao. Like Maple, it's amassing a tremendous amount of skills (fanboys) without actually doing much. And like Maple it will soon become too OP for this website, rendering all other anime pointless.
Jan 22, 2020 2:54 AM
Mar 2012
oh that's some savage cute pwning everyone by poison+stun, totally villain style with a smile lol. Reminds me of Hachikuji that part.
Sally & Maple's relationship's quite natural & fun. Weird Sally starts as a fisher/swimmer all aquatic skills with agi focus, don't think it's possible to dodge all attacks especially AOE but interesting build tho.
The fish fight was well done and full length to appreciate her pro gamer skills. Curious what her rewards/outfit gives her in skills stats.
Jan 22, 2020 3:31 AM

Feb 2018
Sally has logging on...
Jan 23, 2020 12:00 AM

Feb 2018
FatalisDestroyer said:
This anime is so underrated. It should 7.8 at least.
No, this anime should be a 8+ too underrared
Jan 23, 2020 7:09 AM

Apr 2015
a level 10 takes on a boss fight. riiiiiiiight. totally not OP in any way.

I grew up in ragnarok online and that is just one big BS. a level 10 will die in 1 hit. sorry this is dumb.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Jan 23, 2020 11:26 AM

Dec 2018
That was a good episode!! My girls went fishing together and got some new gear for Sally!! Really strong Yuri vibes!!And my lesbians was flirting like crazy!! love to see that!!!

Great animation and I enjoyed the op!!!

Yuri-CrusaderJan 24, 2020 12:09 AM
Jan 24, 2020 4:49 AM

Aug 2018
Pretty fun show. Maple is indeed a walking fortress.
Jan 24, 2020 9:05 PM

Aug 2018
She is soo OP And the Episode Was very Good & this is
SAO But For Little Girls, Huh???
Jan 27, 2020 5:07 PM
Sep 2011
There was a RL MMO sort of like this. I remember somebody commenting that when the universe ended all that would be left is high level paladins still alive and floating in the void.

Having worked at a MMO game company, I didn't find it that far fetched - though I think it would take longer than that to get there. Not all devs will test the extremes and it is easy to go too far especially if you have 'unique' items.

However, normally she wouldn't be able to damage anyone either. Getting the huge area attack spells was the least likely part of it. I got the impression others would have them and poison immunity was too easy to get - poison wouldn't damage player characters at all.

I am enjoying so far.
Jan 29, 2020 2:59 PM
Feb 2018
Love this series two episodes in and already laughing on adding it to my blu ray collections
Jan 29, 2020 8:43 PM
Apr 2014
hey sorry if this has been address but what did the messages 559 and 560 at the end say? I didn't get to see :/
Feb 2, 2020 1:18 PM

Nov 2019
Awesome 5/5 episode
I'm so surprised at how cute and fun this anime keep it up!!!
Feb 9, 2020 5:45 AM

Aug 2016
Tank with para and poison nerf pls

This show makes me so happy for some reason. It's like playing that new MMO with a friend and it transfers that fun, magical time so well.
Feb 11, 2020 3:03 PM
Jan 2018
Shun_Lee said:
I just want that insert song that play at 17:40
I'm sad nobody knows it because that's all I wanna know too
Feb 12, 2020 8:13 AM

Jan 2013
Great episode! And now her friend can play with her.
I just wish they weren't this broken when it comes to doing almost a solo dungeon.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 22, 2020 2:57 AM

Mar 2017
I don't know what is more annoying, how broken this game is, or how stupid the opponents are. SHE IS IN THE TOP 3 IN POINTS DUMBASSES! WHY THE FUCK DO YOU THINK SHE IS EASY?!

Anyway, besides rolling my eyes at every bit of actual gameplay issues, it is rather funny. Kinda wish she wasn't so offensively good, think it defeats the purpose and now she is just OP on both ends
Feb 26, 2020 10:15 PM
Dec 2015
arvin_1219 said:
seeing some replies here made me shake my head

did you guys even see last episode that Sally has some trophies and achievements irl for participating at online games? In short, it's acceptable that she defeated that boss even with a low level in serious mode.

She's like a player expert in games like these, starting out in this new game. Of course she'll instantly grasp how the game works, etc.

I've noticed that, but I found it very strange that she had such a hard time with the boss and even in Serious mode matter of fact, which makes those trophies look pathetic if ask me. Yeah, she beat it, but nearly and that is someone that is supposed to be a great gamer.

On another note, I enjoyed seeing the blue faces the others made to Maple owning a lot of them. I really enjoy this story, because there are not very many shows where they focus on a female being the protagonist, especially anime that revolves around gaming. Most of the time the male takes that spot, such as like SAO where the protagonist was male in a VRMMO game. At other times the might play a second protagonist roll in a game, but the majority of the time the focus is on males, which is getting a bit overrated.

I'd rather see cute girls kicking ass anyday then watch an male character.
Mar 2, 2020 3:37 PM

Oct 2010
Maple clearly op, but Lisa looks like she’s going to be the better MC of this series :)
Mar 18, 2020 4:47 AM

Sep 2014
Finally something relatable! Hours of fishing just to grind some ressources.

Her Skills are BS though. What an incredibly broken game. Touching someone with a shield OHK them and turns them into MP? Tha fuck. Apparently its not even scaled via level. Just ohk anything.
Vitality in my book would be HP and HP regen, not growing iron skin to negate any attack even without a shield. And paralyze? Nobody else has that skill? Lol.

Typical "only the MC is good at what shes doing everyone else sucks" problem. It can be fun though, the kind of brain off fun.
Comander-07Mar 18, 2020 4:50 AM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 28, 2020 9:50 AM

Feb 2019
This anime puts SAO to shame. I enjoy every second of it,a nd that only 2 episodes in, such a fun show. Maple is a total boss in that event XD, Sally is cute and that underwater boss battle is amazing!
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Apr 14, 2020 12:43 AM
Jun 2014
I can't watch this. As a gamer this whole damn show feels so wrong
Jun 3, 2020 6:50 PM

May 2013
D'awwhhhh, how cute C: this makes me want to find an MMO to play with my bestie. Rn we're only playing a hero gacha game, but it's not like that allows us to adventure together, which sounds a lot nicer X]
Jun 21, 2020 1:25 AM

May 2020
Maple = Shield Hero in Tate no Yuusha, but a kawai version. I really enjoyed the op'ness of this loli with her op shield.

Her friend Sally finally joined the party, to think of how op they are together. Looking forward for more funny and enjoyable scenes in this anime <3
Dec 18, 2020 4:20 AM

Jul 2020
I'm enjoying this and I feel like it resembles a MMO
Dec 22, 2020 6:42 PM

Apr 2020
Ah it's nice to finally watch BOFURI before Christmas.

I love how there's a forum in NWO dedicated to Maple-chan. And holy christ the amount of messages are still growing fast, we're only at Episode 2.
Jan 17, 2021 11:05 AM
Mar 2020
the first episode was a lot of fun with the main character not knowing how to play and having to do more this was the opposite, what made anime different was not in this episode, the protagonist’s friend is the opposite of the protagonist who didn’t know how to play and she it's already killing a giant beast and I don't even want to talk about the beginning of the episode with the protagonist getting overpowered as hell, I mess with all that at least the faces and mouths of the characters are really fun
Feb 16, 2021 6:57 AM

Dec 2012
Okay, that event officially pulled me on board. The contrast between Maple being OP & ditzy is absolutely hilarious. Her dynamic with Sally has definitely helped warm me up to Bofuri as well.
Apr 15, 2021 9:46 AM

Feb 2020
Another nice episode. Sally is so cute. I'm liking her character already. :)

That boss fight was pretty cool!
Apr 19, 2021 4:07 AM

Aug 2018
I wonder when our real world will have such an advanced VR tech as shown in this series, I mean... swimming? Holy shiet.
May 2, 2021 11:29 AM

Sep 2012
Sally is mapel's horse lol
Aug 1, 2021 6:34 PM

Mar 2010
Wonder of all the players in this game are noobs or what.
Aug 7, 2021 1:49 PM

Sep 2012
Stardew said:
Wonder of all the players in this game are noobs or what.

they started playing by normal mmo rules and ways without realizing the kinks and other ways u could play it so in that sense they are cause they don't know how to think outside the box and flow a sys what they know, for mapel it just came by chance cause its not like she is planning neither :D, her flaw is that she wasn't a gamer so she doesn't follow a sys she knows
Jan 9, 2022 7:49 AM

Apr 2013
That was actually some really nice CGI in that underwater fight, sasuga Silver Link. Maple can easily defeat people, but hunting someone down is not really her specialty as slow as she is. Seems like Risa also got some pretty nice gear there, the next team event will be interesting.
Oct 18, 2022 11:28 AM

May 2015
Nazca rune was lit :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 27, 2022 6:49 AM

Aug 2018
Maple is already being taken on as a final boss, lol.. Whole parties take her on.. And they can't do anything.. ;P
I always didn't like too much underwater levels.. Especially if you can run out of breath.. But good for Sally she managed, of course..
Nov 16, 2022 11:18 AM

Jun 2019
Why does this show make me smile so much? LOL. I love Maple so much and Sally is great as well. That fight was quite intense for Sally but she was able to beat it. Nice. Also, Maple is too OP.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2020

95 by Gvendoline »»
Mar 1, 3:37 AM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2020

168 by Gvendoline »»
Jan 18, 3:02 PM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2020

123 by Gvendoline »»
Jan 17, 7:19 PM

» Unacceptable Developer Response to Maple (spoilers through Ep. 3) - I'm cancelling my MMO subscription

Oiisu - Jan 14, 2023

12 by Foreall908 »»
Jan 16, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Jan 6, 2020

282 by Gvendoline »»
Jan 16, 5:50 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.