Forum Settings
Forums

A Message to all Black Anime Viewers on MAL.....

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 15, 2020 3:52 AM

Aug 2017
As a white anime viewer, i feel discriminated in this thread. This is racism.
NurguburuJan 15, 2020 3:57 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 15, 2020 4:05 AM
Jul 2018
MySweetLucifer said:
@Maneki-Mew A loli isn't just a child. As "loli" one understands a "heavily sexualized child". That's the definition. It's also called a "lolita".

Of course, but they are denying it by "anime characters don't have an age, because they are drawings" alltogether.
Jan 15, 2020 4:13 AM

Aug 2009

'Cause yeah, clickbait is gonna positively affect your creative endeavors. /sarcasm

Jan 15, 2020 4:18 AM

Apr 2017
What kinda nonsense is this. We already have plenty of cool black characters.
Jan 15, 2020 4:27 AM

Jan 2017
Maneki-Mew said:

Of course, but they are denying it by "anime characters don't have an age, because they are drawings" alltogether.

But in my opinion they don't have to deny that. It's just wish-fulfillment. As long as no real-life person gets harmed no one has to be ashamed. I love me some Shotas sometimes and I don't deny that they are representing young boys. But they are just portrayals of them and no real children.
Jan 15, 2020 4:36 AM
Aug 2017
Nah I don't want one. Not trying bring sjws to anime and ruin it.
Jan 15, 2020 4:36 AM

Apr 2016
Lol who is asking for black MCs? If the story warrants it there will be one XD
Jan 15, 2020 4:43 AM
Jul 2018
Maneki-Mew said:
MySweetLucifer said:
@Maneki-Mew A loli isn't just a child. As "loli" one understands a "heavily sexualized child". That's the definition. It's also called a "lolita".

I prefer to look at how the character acts rather than looks.
There is a deference between the 100+ year old loli that acts like a granny, and the 5 year'ol little girl that acts like a child. If they act like a child and viewers get off on sexualizing that character, then that makes them pedophiles in my mind because they get off on the idea of corrupting innocence. If on the other hand the character acts like a mature women, or a 17+ year old teenager, then it just makes them look like petite women rather than children to me.
Jan 15, 2020 4:48 AM
Jul 2018
Hi @ehurvaks I’m mixed Jamaican and Nigerian born and raised in London, England. I’ve got almost 25 days of anime watched.

Apparently, if non-Japanese try to make an anime it no longer counts as an anime. There are some exceptions though. For example Cannon Busters counts as an anime but it was created by an African American guy. The Boondocks looks like anime but counts as a cartoon instead. Maybe the animation studio that made Canon Busters was Japanese and the animation studio for the Boondocks was American or something? Somebody correct me if I am wrong here.

I don’t think that Japan has quite yet bought into this whole diversity thing that is sweeping the west. They don’t have a history of enslaving Africans so giving black people a chance isn’t something that they are thinking about since they never denied black people any opportunities to begin with. There just aren’t a lot of black people in their country.

Although, there was a bi-racial Miss Japan or something that caused controversy. Things like that cause controversy all over the world though. Just look at the drama unfolding right now with The British Royal Family (The Sussexes).

All that said, I do feel that in hentai some of the body proportions are just like thick bodied black / white women. Rarely will you ever see an Asian woman with big ass and tiddies like that. Maybe just the tiddies but rarely the ass aswell.

I also feel that it would be better if Japan tried to get some black voice actors to do the few black characters that they create. I got put off of Lucio from Overwatch because they didn’t use a black Brazilian for the voice work.

It’s called cultural appropriation and it isn’t fair but people will say life is unfair and that they pick the best people for the jobs and that no black people applied yada yada. To be fair - with the Blizzard Overwatch example I just gave they DID actually use black voice actors for other black characters such as Doomfist and Orissa (yes I get that Orissa is not a human but she was made in Africa by an African prodigy called Efi).

So TLDR we can’t just make our own black anime and call it anime. But we can hope for more black voice actors getting voice work for black anime characters.

As a side note - I don’t like the way that K-Pop (Korean not Japanese) get African Americans to teach them how to dress and dance like African Americans but in general Asian people still don’t want to mingle with black people. And they even try to rap aswell. I’m being anecdotal here from what I have seen in London myself and also what I have seen on YouTube on channels like Asian boss where black people or mixed Asian and black people share their experiences in China, Korea and Japan.
removed-userJan 15, 2020 6:12 AM
Jan 15, 2020 5:46 AM

Jun 2011
How are people mentioning neo will Smith's son but forgetting about AFRO SAMURAI played by samuel FUCKING Jackson!? Its apparently anime enough to be on MAL

Edit: a lot more anime than us weebz making 1 would be

Mod Edit: removed quote to deleted post
Fleeting_DreamJan 15, 2020 11:45 AM
Jan 15, 2020 5:48 AM

Nov 2017
I have only but one desire.

And that is to watch a Harem Anime starring a Black MC with a main heroine who is an Osananajimi Japanese girl.
I frown at recent installments of Persona and Trails of Cold Steel that introduce harem-like elements in the story.

We need more JRPGs like the past Lunar series, where there are multiple romantic pairings in the party other than for the protagonist and main heroine.
Jan 15, 2020 5:56 AM

Jun 2011
Ehurvaks said:

And that is to watch a Harem Anime starring a Black MC with a main heroine who is an Osananajimi Japanese girl.
very weird, but watch afro samurai and its 2 movies for your black MC fix.

Samurai champloo for an anime with a hip hop attitude
Jan 15, 2020 6:00 AM

Sep 2017
can't tell if your being sarcastic or plain dumb...
Jan 15, 2020 6:15 AM
Jul 2018
Killaclown said:

How are people mentioning neo will Smith's son but forgetting about AFRO SAMURAI played by samuel FUCKING Jackson!? Its apparently anime enough to be on MAL

Edit: a lot more anime than us weebz making 1 would be

I was banned for three days recently and advised by mods and friends to block and report. Still hate me?

Ehurvaks said:

Harem anime isn’t realistic though. In real life it would either be a rich and famous guy like R. Kelly or a regular guy who either dates a lot of women and has flings but no girlfriend or a player who has multiple girlfriends who don’t know about each other.

Or the Muslim style where a man has multiple wives.

This is harem. Not the silly anime stuff we keep seeing with a silly guy falling over himself and a couple of tsunderes in bikinis.
Mod Edit: Modified quoted post to match earlier changes
Fleeting_DreamJan 15, 2020 11:46 AM
Jan 15, 2020 6:20 AM

Jun 2011
@FlowersInTheRain kinda depends on how those 2 things are connected but so far, yes, yes I do.

I've been banned a few times because of trolling, but that was a couple of years ago (I take breaks and then randomly return)
Jan 15, 2020 6:49 AM

Jul 2019
SleepingAyumu said:
They seem to have an obsession with England now and then, but that's about where it ends.
I thought they were really into Germany, France and Italy? D:
Life is a despicable endurance race
Jan 15, 2020 7:14 AM

Nov 2019
Japan just looks at the United States where 13% of the population is responsible for 50% of the crime and asks "Is this really what we want to represent?" The Japanese notice the similarities between modern Detroit and Hiroshima circa 1945, and they wisely conclude that some things aren't worth the bother to represent. Can't blame them.
Jan 15, 2020 7:24 AM
osmamthus wine

May 2014
Did y'all just skip over Michiko to Hatchin? Afro Samurai?

Like, I don't blame you for wanting more black MCs, but it's not like it's never existed.

Jan 15, 2020 7:29 AM

Aug 2016
Imagine uniting black people of mal just to create a garbage self-insert harem for OP to see his depraved fantasies on paper.
Do you really think that something like that would work?
Jan 15, 2020 7:37 AM

Jun 2011
OfDeathandLove said:
Did y'all just skip over Michiko to Hatchin? Afro Samurai?

Like, I don't blame you for wanting more black MCs, but it's not like it's never existed.
well I can, I cant really think of any white or Hispanic MC's off the top of my head (though to be fair plenty seem white) and you don't see me crying about it..... plus he's just a troll, in his other thread he said he's not black but his only want in life is a harem anime with the main girl being a something Japanese chick

Edit: also it took 3 pages but I had to be the 1st person to mention afro samurai smh its samuel L FUCKING Jackson!

Edit #2 Baccano probably, never watched it though
KillaclownJan 15, 2020 7:47 AM
Jan 15, 2020 8:13 AM

Jul 2014
Killaclown said:
FlowersInTheRain said:

Edit: Ah I see. Clever use of a throwaway account. Well played.
bwahahaha you gotz owned, I hate ppl that report so easily

Its called a joke, bro. I wasn't being serious.
Jan 15, 2020 8:46 AM
Oct 2012
OP has plot armor, either that or he bought the mods
Jan 15, 2020 8:56 AM

Dec 2014
there's a manga called Ore to Akuma no Blues by Akira Hiramoto if you want to check it out

edit: okay looking over this thread and you guys got me worried lmao. Why you are guys so triggered.
LeMastaJan 15, 2020 9:07 AM
Jan 15, 2020 9:42 AM

Mar 2018
This guy and his racial sexual fantasies lol...

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Jan 15, 2020 9:49 AM
Aug 2018
Nah I'm good I'm not really clamouring for one that much
Jan 15, 2020 10:23 AM
Apr 2016
AquaMailman said:
Japan just looks at the United States where 13% of the population is responsible for 50% of the crime and asks "Is this really what we want to represent?" The Japanese notice the similarities between modern Detroit and Hiroshima circa 1945, and they wisely conclude that some things aren't worth the bother to represent. Can't blame them.

Let's also notice how half the CHRISTIAN population of a certain country was responsible for slavery and crimes against humanity for century and a half... and thank Japanese for not representing them either.
Re:formed
Jan 15, 2020 10:28 AM

Apr 2015
Luchse said:

He creates a thread like this almost every week it seems.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Jan 15, 2020 10:32 AM
Apr 2016
Tropisch said:
Luchse said:

He creates a thread like this almost every week it seems.

Imagine running a platform and closing one eye to this. This reeks of lack of self-respect.
Re:formed
Jan 15, 2020 10:59 AM

Oct 2018
Man, why these asian people don't make harem anime with black male mc with bbc? Smh
Jan 15, 2020 11:19 AM

Aug 2012
ExodiaX said:
Man, why these asian people don't make harem anime with black male mc with bbc? Smh

They did, it's called NTR. Look it up.
Jan 15, 2020 11:52 AM

Oct 2018
Thread Locked
Hints of baiting.

Thread touches on the topic of Racial equality, a highly debated moral/social issue, and as such, is not allowed under Anime Discussion Rule 5.

Please refrain from posting thread topics which extend beyond the discussion of anime/manga as an entertainment medium to highly-debated social and/or moral issues. This includes but is not limited to: pedophilia, gender/racial equality, sexual orientation, etc.
Summertime days, passing gently
Sunlight, leading to an encounter;
Dreams that don't want to end
Continue onwards toward the next day
While she waits in the air.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Anime that low-testosterone males can't comprehend ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

88 by ColourWheel »»
2 minutes ago

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 4 hours ago

25 by Zayvex »»
6 minutes ago

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 29 minutes ago

10 by Rhaelynne »»
8 minutes ago

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good? ( 1 2 )

arinthach - Yesterday

63 by BlueBullet178 »»
8 minutes ago

» Anime Clubs in College

Peach_Main - 2 hours ago

7 by BitChilly »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.