Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 14, 2020 7:12 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, they're back with the goofy lineup of the main cast.

Ofc, there's Shield Hero franchise been added to the season now. Let the chaos begin lol. Naofumi is already making quite an impression of himself. Raphtalia also appears!
Stark700Jan 14, 2020 7:40 AM
Jan 14, 2020 7:43 AM

Aug 2017
I'm really happy they added Shield Hero cast to this crossover. It wouldn't bother me if they add more isekais like Slime for a possible third season.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 14, 2020 7:57 AM
Ready to Ruffle

Oct 2014
Woo hoo, we're getting special end cards again this season: https://twitter.com/isekai_quartet/status/1217112146376417281

Drawn by Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari's illustrator.
ShymanderJan 14, 2020 8:04 AM
Jan 14, 2020 8:00 AM
Oct 2018
Nurguburu said:
I'm really happy they added Shield Hero cast to this crossover. It wouldn't bother me if they add more isekais like Slime for a possible third season.

Slime is not published by one of the Kadokawa companies. Since all anime featured in Isekai Quartet S2 (ReZero, Konosuba, Shield Hero, Overlord, Youjo Senki) are published by Kadokawa companies, I don't see Slime getting included in the possible 3rd season.

I think the ones that can be added are either NGNL, Death March, or Kenja no Mago.
Jan 14, 2020 8:00 AM

Feb 2017
Are y'all watching raws? I can't find the subs anywhere
๐˜ผ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก ๐™™๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ก๐™ก๐™จ ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™—๐™ค๐™™๐™ฎ
Jan 14, 2020 9:04 AM

Jul 2017
We back and off to another great start. Damn, Raphtallia chibi form is adorable

Shield Hero cast was not really that funny though. It'll probably change later on once they get more used to things but for now it's kinda meh. Rest of the cast was funny as always

Looking forward to more Ainz hilarity
Jan 14, 2020 9:07 AM
ๅญ”็œŸใƒปใ‚ณใ‚ฆใƒžใ‚ณใƒˆ

Jun 2017
Great to have this show back!

Seeing the usual interactions between Tanya, Ainz, Subaru & Kazuma at the start was just gold xD. Some glorious Ainz-wooing moments from the Overlord gang and the Aqua bashing were just fantastic to watch, why even bother with the Tate gang seriously?

Quite the heroic moment for Naofumi in the end though. Certainly wasn't expecting such a grand return after that little .. introduction lol, how typical of him to pull off something like that. Kazuma's remarks on Naofumi being "on hard mode" both world and internally was pretty spot on too, couldn't help but laugh there.

Wilhelm-san and Sebastian talking about love stories though, lmao. I'd a feeling these two would get along awfully well and it appears to be the case indeed. Finally, more Puck content too! So cute how he/she was standing on top of the table there at the front.

Op song sounds alright, to be frankly honest.

Looking forward to more! I know it's just the start atm, but we need another season of this!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 14, 2020 9:17 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Great to see more of Isekai Quartet with Tate no Yuusha characters, it was a good first episode
Jan 14, 2020 9:21 AM

Dec 2019
KPrat88 said:
Nurguburu said:

Slime is not published by one of the Kadokawa companies. Since all anime featured in Isekai Quartet S2 (ReZero, Konosuba, Shield Hero, Overlord, Youjo Senki) are published by Kadokawa companies, I don't see Slime getting included in the possible 3rd season.

I think the ones that can be added are either NGNL, Death March, or Kenja no Mago.

And I would rather have shinchou yuusha added to this, way better characters

Not even 3mins in the episode and aqua cried already lmao
Animekek69Jan 14, 2020 9:25 AM
Jan 14, 2020 9:28 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Nice having this back again. Once again the eps feel too short though lol

I wonder if this'll end up to be a continuous mini series with more and more shows being added every year. Could be fun
Jan 14, 2020 9:40 AM

Jan 2017
It's back!!!

Great EP1 to include Shield team in this crazy world.

But one thing bugs me: Naofumi needed to use 2 air shields + his own shield to block a ball sended by Mare, this means that he is severely underpowered MC in this crossower(?)
Jan 14, 2020 9:40 AM

Oct 2019
I really enjoyed it,for a parody its really good...hope they add more characters tho like rimuru from the slime isekai
Jan 14, 2020 9:49 AM

Sep 2018
What's even the point of bringing here Tate no Yuusha crew, other then monetizing on undeservedly, insanelly selling light novel? These characters have absolutely no comedic potential, and they'll be only making this normally pretty good anime, a much worse one.
Jolyne Kuujou + Steel Ball Run Universe = Billie Eillish
Jan 14, 2020 10:03 AM

Oct 2017
Yay it's finally back and it was hilarious. I really love to watch the characters from different isekai animes interact and now Naofumi has joined the team. So more fun episodes will be coming.
Jan 14, 2020 10:05 AM

Jun 2017
Hisoka_Morow69 said:
KPrat88 said:

And I would rather have shinchou yuusha added to this, way better characters

Not even 3mins in the episode and aqua cried already lmao

of all 3 "left" from Kadokawa, NGNL are the best option than the other 2.
well Aqua being Aqua XD
Jan 14, 2020 10:10 AM
Sep 2019
So... it still 13min?
Jan 14, 2020 10:17 AM

Jan 2016
Masterpiece is back. *grab popcorn
Jan 14, 2020 10:21 AM
Jan 2016
Finaly, this cute and funny show is back!

It is nice to see thta characters opnce again!

Tate no yuusha was a really nice addition, i am glad to see Naofumi, Filo and Raphtalia, Raphtalia is so cute as chibi!

Naofumi show off at end was cool!
Jan 14, 2020 10:42 AM

Aug 2013
Raphtalia and Flio are so cute. Naofumi at the beginning though.

And Poor Aqua, they already made her cry.

Jan 14, 2020 10:44 AM
Apr 2018
Best crossover anime is back! Ngl, i'm not pleased with the newly added characters (not a fan of Tate no Yuusha), but whatever... i'm here to enjoy the show not to stress myself over things i don't like.
Jan 14, 2020 10:46 AM
Apr 2018
One of the best anime.good to see animation as well as the story is in good track with great individuals.10 out of 10
Jan 14, 2020 11:01 AM
Nov 2018
"Wow, he did the thing on hard mode then!"

Indeed he did. Start in the new world with no money, no equipment, no team. Well, after being betrayed, no team.

That is one powerful baseball. I don't know about the Overlord character hitting the ball, seems to be stronger than you'd think. But how interesting if Naifumi turns out to be the coolest member of the class.

I was bored by Filo after two thirds of Shield Hero, or maybe earlier, but the big bird fits in real well here.

I guess, no Sword Art Online or Reincarnated as a Slime - I wish the'd come to an agreement with the owners of those shows. But Shield Hero is good enough.
Jan 14, 2020 11:07 AM

Jun 2019
Lucky again! I can watch this at muse asia!

LOL. That button again!

Am i the only one who notice Kazuma says "Ore Tueee" when he speaks with Raphtalia?
Hope this is a sign that Shinchou Yuusha will come to this show.
Jan 14, 2020 11:08 AM

May 2019
Ah shit here we go again!
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Jan 14, 2020 11:08 AM
Apr 2018
Dudi4PoLFr said:
It's back!!!

But one thing bugs me: Naofumi needed to use 2 air shields + his own shield to block a ball sended by Mare, this means that he is severely underpowered MC in this crossower(?)

Remember, Mare is one of the most powerful beings in Nazarick and he probably put a bit too much into that "throw".
Jan 14, 2020 11:17 AM

Nov 2017
Hehehe this gonna be fun again. lol at Sebas and Wilhem talking about love every day.
I like how Mare is apologizing at the end. Natsumi protecting them was quite cool.

plz @ me
Jan 14, 2020 11:25 AM

Nov 2011
Great episode. I love how it was Chomusuke who was the transfer student lol.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 14, 2020 11:33 AM
Dec 2018
024 said:
Hehehe this gonna be fun again. lol at Sebas and Wilhem talking about love every day.
I like how Mare is apologizing at the end. Natsumi protecting them was quite cool.
when they said they want to talked about love story it makes me smile because they have pretty good story especially wilhem.
Jan 14, 2020 11:39 AM
Aug 2017
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, they're back with the goofy lineup of the main cast.

Ofc, there's Shield Hero franchise been added to the season now. Let the chaos begin lol. Naofumi is already making quite an impression of himself. Raphtalia also appears!

i like the addition of naofumi and raphtalia
Jan 14, 2020 11:40 AM

May 2018
OOOOOH them tate are here.
Jan 14, 2020 11:45 AM

Aug 2018
I've never thought I would get to see Filo being ridden by Aura & Subaru
Jan 14, 2020 11:50 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Yay nice to see Naofumi, Raphtalia and Filo join the cast. It's nice to see the rest of the cast as well. Et Tu Kazuma lol. Ain's retainers are as amusing as ever. The baseball game though sure was a nice start to the series. As ever Naofumi's shield technique sure was timely. An excellent ep that did well to welcome the cast back to the extra dimensional school while also serving well to introduce Naofumi's team to the cast as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2020 12:17 PM

Jul 2014
Pretty solid first episode to get this started, seamlessly introducing the Shield Hero cast while still allowing plenty of other comedic beats to happen. My only complaint is that putting them in class 1 means we won't get to see as much of them as we probably should, though I can kind of understand why.

Also, I forgot how much of Raphtalia's dialogue consisted of "Naofumi-sama". Feels like you could make a drinking game out of that already, and it's only been one episode.
Jan 14, 2020 1:02 PM

Apr 2018
Loved the first season and this season is starting really nicely. Can't wait to see what these characters cook up in upcoming episodes.
Watashi wa a victim of cyberbullying. Everyday someone online calls me a "weeb" desu. Watashi won't stand for this. 26 percent of bullying victims are chosen due to their race or religion desu. I may look like a basic white boy, but deep down I am Nihongo desu. Watashi religion is anime. Anata wa bullying me because of my race and religion desu ka? Disgusting desu. Anata should be ashamed of yourself, racist pig. A baka gaijin like anata is probably jealous of my race and culture, cause Nippon is more sugoi than your shitty country desu. Watashi pity anata. You'll never be Nihongo like watashi. Educate yourself on nani a "weeb" is.
Jan 14, 2020 1:21 PM

Apr 2007
Atavistic said:

Also, I forgot how much of Raphtalia's dialogue consisted of "Naofumi-sama". Feels like you could make a drinking game out of that already, and it's only been one episode.

That's because she refers to Naofumi with "Naofumi-sama" rather than he/him/you, etc.
"Where did he go" translates to "Where did Naofumi-sama go" etc.
it just ends up in a lot of her sentences because of that.
KilluanJan 14, 2020 1:26 PM
Jan 14, 2020 1:26 PM

Jan 2018
God, smol Raphtalia and smoller Filo are both adorable
What a beautiful Duwang
Jan 14, 2020 1:34 PM

Apr 2015
Love to see this back! Naofumi, Raphtalia and Filo are a nice addition to this already amazing group. Now I can't wait to see if Bitch and useless spear hero will also appear at some point as minor characters.

It's off to a great start!
Jan 14, 2020 1:39 PM

Sep 2017
I'm glad to see all my favourite characters back

It's nice to see new classmates, but so far I feel like Naofumi's group is the least interesting of the 5. Nothing's funny about any of those 3...yet (I hope)

Of course, Kazuma and his group steals the spotlight as usual. First episode and there's already Aqua crying in a corner and Darkness getting hit for the sake of her own pleasure

this episode lacked of explosions however
DamuzenJan 14, 2020 1:42 PM
Jan 14, 2020 2:04 PM

Apr 2018
it feels very good to have this anime back
Jan 14, 2020 2:55 PM
Mar 2017
I am so glad that Isekai Quartet returned, along with new students and some characters that did not show up the previous season.

How disappointing that Chomusuke is the new exchange student, but at least Puck will also be considered a student and Megumin looked very happy to see her faithful pet.

Bullying towards Aqua will become a routine, I can't believe how ruthless they were with her to the point of leaving the useless goddess crying at her desk.

Naofumi adapted quite well to the group, I thought he would be on the defensive in dealing with the other students, in fact it was nice to see how he quietly talked with Wilhelm, speaking of Wilhelm, it was unexpected to see how well he got along with Sebas and their topic of conversation made me laugh a lot.
I laughed too much for how Naofumi and the girls were brought to the parallel world, his shield set him up.
The Baseball game was fun and a bit predictable, it was more than obvious that Darkness would use her body to hit the ball, what surprised me was that she did it for the last strike.
Chibi Firo is so adorable, as with Raphtalia, she is too cute wagging her tail when Kazuma and Ainz offered to help her.
Naofumi showed why he is the hero of the shield before all the students saving Raphtalia and Firo from Mare's deathly shoot.

It was an excellent first episode, I am already looking forward to seeing how the group of the hero of the shield accommodates with the rest of the picturesque characters of Isekai Quartet, the only thing I hope is that they do not include the other three inept heroes or Bitch, that would degrade the Quality of this anime.
Jan 14, 2020 3:02 PM
Mar 2015
The Shield Hero group shows up
Jan 14, 2020 3:10 PM

Nov 2014
the first scene vvhere Naofumi sees the class and closs the door ! relatable :))
Jan 14, 2020 3:38 PM

Feb 2014
Japan's answer to Infinty War and End Game is back.
Jan 14, 2020 3:43 PM

Mar 2014
The Quartet Quintet is back and just as good as before

So happy this is back
Jan 14, 2020 3:55 PM

Oct 2017
Hilarious new episode and can't wait for more :)
Jan 14, 2020 4:19 PM

Jan 2011
WHERE'S MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE MELTY
Jan 14, 2020 4:27 PM
Dec 2012
Dudi4PoLFr said:
It's back!!!

I was thinking the same thing. Of course, it's entirely likely that levels between Yggdrasil and Naofumi's world scale oddly, so 10 Shield Hero levels could only be worth one of Overlords. We know that the Nazarick group is basically maxed out (for now), while Shield hero still has a lot fo room to grow.
Jan 14, 2020 4:44 PM

Feb 2014
Shield Hero cast is a nice addition to this goofy all star team. On the side note we also got two old dudes talking about love. XD
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jan 14, 2020 5:06 PM

Jun 2014
First season was really meh, everyone had no chemistry, little intereaction(mostly with the cast of their own anime) and it felt aimless.

This first episode is already a mile better than all of season 2, there was a lot of character interacting and it didn't feel as aimless, I especially liked the scene with the death knight.

Good first step, hopefully we get more interesting character interaction.
Jan 14, 2020 5:36 PM

Dec 2014
Glad to have this and it's just as hilarious and goofy as always.

We need more of this and introducing the Shield Hero cast is great too.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Season 3?

RealityChanges - Mar 14

5 by 2dbest »»
Mar 19, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Isekai Quartet 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2020

98 by WELLERM »»
Dec 5, 2023 7:38 PM

Poll: » Isekai Quartet 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2020

76 by WELLERM »»
Dec 5, 2023 7:37 PM

Poll: » Isekai Quartet 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2020

58 by WELLERM »»
Dec 5, 2023 7:36 PM

Poll: » Isekai Quartet 2 Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2020

38 by WELLERM »»
Dec 5, 2023 7:36 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.