Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 14, 2020 2:27 AM

Nov 2019
So which one is your favourite and whom do you support. Mine is Yokino-Hachiman-Yui from Oregairu and I support Yukino.

Edit: Replaced Asuna-Kirito-Alice in the polls with Setsuna-Haruki-Kazusa. Reason is according to light novel readers, Alice doesn't have romantic feelings for Kirito which the anime just dragged out.
Biswa_29Jan 14, 2020 1:05 PM
SAO PROGRESSIVE ANIME HYPE
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 14, 2020 2:30 AM

Apr 2013
Probably Oregairu as well since it has the most interesting male in the poll. Yui best girl.
Jan 14, 2020 2:34 AM
Jul 2018
Ugh I hate love triangles. Can't have a favourite. Unnecessary drama.
Jan 14, 2020 2:35 AM
May 2019
Why is Macross not on this list? it is literally the best love triangle anime of all time.
Jan 14, 2020 2:44 AM

May 2019
Ah so many great picks, Chihaya-Taichi-Arata, Kouko-TadaBanri-Nana and Yui-8man-Yukino are my favorites.

But where the flip is the one that truly matters Kuroneko-Dickhead-Bitchass
Jan 14, 2020 2:45 AM

Jun 2019
Dude, how can someone like "anime love triangles"? That's beyond belief.
Jan 14, 2020 2:50 AM

Apr 2019
the best one has to be Griffith - Casca - Guts
Bleach is best consumed with your ears open and your eyes closed.
Jan 14, 2020 2:55 AM

Jun 2019
Also, when a girl is pretty much confirmed to end up with the main dude, that wouldn't that be called "Love Triangle", amirite? A love triangle is when more than one girl has a slight chance on winning, right?
Jan 14, 2020 2:57 AM

Nov 2019
Xstasy said:
Why is Macross not on this list? it is literally the best love triangle anime of all time.

This is memory based on what I remembered at the moment. If you like something else then just put vote the other and state your favourite. 🙂
D8cbeidnd7dne said:
Dude, how can someone like "anime love triangles"? That's beyond belief.

Some are annoying I know. But there are certain good triangles as well.

Even among this list, I feel 1 or 2 Shoujo triangles are annoying. 😂
D8cbeidnd7dne said:
Also, when a girl is pretty much confirmed to end up with the main dude, that wouldn't that be called "Love Triangle", amirite? A love triangle is when more than one girl has a slight chance on winning, right?

I know but people still treat them as triangles. Like the one with Asuna-Kirito-Alice, it's pretty much confirmed with Asuna but still people ship Alice with him.
Biswa_29Jan 14, 2020 3:00 AM
Jan 14, 2020 3:29 AM

Sep 2017
Hard choice                                         
Jan 14, 2020 3:32 AM
Jul 2018
The only love triangle I've ever liked is Touma-Taichi-Futaba from Blue Flag (manga only for now)
Jan 14, 2020 4:55 AM

Feb 2013
i vote for the main trio of Sakurada Reset
Jan 14, 2020 5:02 AM

Jan 2016
Every love-triangle in yuri/shoujo-ai anime are the best.
Jan 14, 2020 5:09 AM
Feb 2017
as much as i like the Kokoro Connect one Oregairu is just by far my favourite romance and the love triangle works just perfect thru the series, season 3 gonna be SO MUCH Hype, also i think u missed some like White Album 2 Touma-Setsuna-Haruki, Nagi No Asukara Hikari-Chisaki-Manaka but in nagi theres so many triangles i dont know which ones the best but their a bit more underground so i see why they arent on the pool
Jan 14, 2020 9:36 AM

Feb 2019
I'd go with chihaya-arata-taichi here because this one feels fair where both arata and taichi has a chance. It doesn't seem to be a case with oregairu where it was clear from first episode that yukino will always be the one (Idk what happened in vol 13 and 14 tho).
Jan 14, 2020 9:37 AM
Dec 2019
asuna-kirito-alice is not a love triangle at all, kirito doesn't give a single **** about alice

bad thread
Jan 14, 2020 9:38 AM

Oct 2019
Wheres the 'none' option?
Love triangles are a shitty, predictable and frustrating plot device. Agh I can't stand them
Jan 14, 2020 9:51 AM

Jul 2017
love triangles are shitty because it's always lame drama and feeling bad for whoever loses

but if I had to say, my favorite would be Mira x Arata x Lilith from Trinity Seven because both girls surprisingly have equal chances (at least from up to where I've read)
Jan 14, 2020 10:00 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Without a doubt the best love triangle Japan has ever written that I've seen is the one from the White Album 2 ~Closing Chapter~ visual novel. Well, of course that's also one of the best dramas you'll ever see in general but the love triangle is what makes it tick at its core

Buuut if we're just talking about anime then I'm not so sure: the WA2 anime only covers the prologue after all so that doesn't really show much of why it's so good. Most of them tend to be more detrimental than beneficial
Jan 14, 2020 10:05 AM

Mar 2018
rogedavi said:

This. Everything else is shitty otaku pandering without development (based on my extremely limited experience with romance don't get triggered).
poop
Jan 14, 2020 10:17 AM

Dec 2013
Esquirtit said:
rogedavi said:

This. Everything else is shitty otaku pandering without development (based on my extremely limited experience with romance don't get triggered).

The C&G pairing was great but I'm not sure it qualifies as a 'love' triangle. Griffith seemed to be the charismatic inspiration more than a love interest in Casca's eyes, it seemed to me. And I don't remember any romantc intention from Griffith (the ending doesn't count in my mind). Then again I never read the manga and it's been a long time since I've seen the anime so maybe I'm forgetting..
Jan 14, 2020 10:18 AM

Jun 2015
White Album 2. I hate love triangles, but that one got me.
Jan 14, 2020 10:25 AM

Dec 2013
I agree with WA2. People tend to love it or hate it but lots of angst-ridden meat to be had there. I'd also say Hana Yori Dango and Winter Sonata, but I'd only recommend them to those with a high tolerance for melodrama.
Jan 14, 2020 10:29 AM

Oct 2014
None. I don't like Love Triangles, most of them are just annoying and badly written. I would love to see more polyamorous relationships instead, but good luck finding them...
Jan 14, 2020 10:31 AM
Feb 2017
I hate love triangles, pretty annoying tbh.
Jan 14, 2020 10:54 AM

Mar 2018
Gymkata said:
Esquirtit said:

The C&G pairing was great but I'm not sure it qualifies as a 'love' triangle. Griffith seemed to be the charismatic inspiration more than a love interest in Casca's eyes, it seemed to me. And I don't remember any romantc intention from Griffith (the ending doesn't count in my mind). Then again I never read the manga and it's been a long time since I've seen the anime so maybe I'm forgetting..

Well it's not entirely clear and my memory isn't all that good either. I think Casca certainly did have feelings for Griffith at some point, but Guts complicated everything.

Golden Age arc spoilers

poop
Jan 14, 2020 10:55 AM

Nov 2008
I don't like them so much...I normally end up HATING 'the third wheel' for bothering my ship. xD

Now I DO like OT3s....like "I always want these three characters together". I feel this way about Emma, Ray, and Norman and also Kamina, Yoko, Simon (before Simon met Nia of course)

RukaxMikanxNatsume from Gakuen Alice isn't too bad either.

Jan 14, 2020 11:01 AM

Jan 2013
Normally I'd say I don't like any love triangles because I'm almost always just gonna like one of the girls while the other is an obstacle/annoyance/enemy but I'll play along.
Kotonoha/Setsuna/Makoto from Shiny Days because both of the girls are great, both deserve him and whichever one wins the other girl can accept it without resentment because they're both nice and neither of them did anything underhanded. And the fact that it's a visual novel where either of them can win makes it easier for me as well since I don't have to permanently feel sorry for anyone.
Jan 14, 2020 11:08 AM

Dec 2015
You really shoud watch White Album 2.

That woud be my favorite.

Jan 14, 2020 11:09 AM
Jul 2018
My fav is Chitoge-Raku-Onodera from Nisekoi

Jan 14, 2020 11:19 AM

Nov 2007
If it wasn't for one option, all of your options would have been spoiler.

Because the end game for all of them is already or MOST LIKLEY the first name. Except for one. Not really a spoiler when I add 'Most Likely' and 'Except for One'.

If I had to choose, I would probably pick Hachimitsu to Clover where I was torn because of Morita-Hagumi-Takemoto. The ending was sad yet very impactful and thought provoking and perhaps satisfying. But I won't select Other option as it's pointless and ruins the purpose of a poll.

I cannot pick any other option as I have heavy bias for all of them (except for SAO which is sh!t, so I don't care anyways). So, cannot associate my OTPs with the Love-triangles.

I am also not gonna pick Y-H-Y because of Iroha. I love her as much as I love Yukino and Yui. So, cannot really say it's my favourite love triangle when I have to leave out my Iroha.

@Nillwas: It could never be a favourite love-triangle for me for exactly the same reason I stated above. I only ever liked one of the two girls.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 14, 2020 11:30 AM

Nov 2019
shanimebib said:

Because the end game for all of them is already or MOST LIKLEY the first name. Except for one. Not really a spoiler when I add 'Most Likely' and 'Except for One'.

If I had to choose, I would probably pick Hachimitsu to Clover where I was torn because of Morita-Hagumi-Takemoto. The ending was sad yet very impactful and thought provoking and perhaps satisfying. But I won't select Other option as it's pointless and ruins the purpose of a poll.

Oh really!
I didn't actually know all the results. So naturally I kept all my preferred choices at first. Lol
Seems like the author's and my taste match most of the times. 😂
Jan 14, 2020 11:45 AM

Nov 2007
biswa290701 said:
shanimebib said:

Oh really!
I didn't actually know all the results. So naturally I kept all my preferred choices at first. Lol

And all of my preferred ones (bar SAO, I don't care about it) are on the left EXCEPT FOR THE SAME ONE which you got wrong! There is no competition for that one either for me. :P

Edit: Oh, yes. Y-H-Y doesn't exist for me.
It is
Iroha
|
Yukino –– Hachiman –– Yui

But if you are into love triangles, then you should really watch WA2 if you haven't already. It's actually very good and will make you want to do a new poll. Just see how many are mentioning it here in this thread.

You don''t have to watch White Album, White Album Second Season by the way. Those are craps and not related to the story of WA2 (different characters unrelated to the WA and WA Second Season). It is the reason why WA2 is often overlooked by fans because of how crap WA and WA Second Season are.
shanimebibJan 14, 2020 12:00 PM
Coronavirus.
Jan 14, 2020 11:57 AM

Nov 2019
shanimebib said:
biswa290701 said:

Oh really!

And all of my preferred ones (bar SAO, I don't care about it) are on the left EXCEPT FOR THE SAME ONE which you got wrong! There is no competition for that one either for me. :P

But if you are into love triangles, then you should really watch WA2 if you haven't already. It's actually very good and will make you want to do a new poll. Just see how many are mentioning it here in this thread.

You don''t have to watch White Album, White Album Second Season by the way. Those are craps and not related to the story of WA2 (different characters unrelated to the WA and WA Second Season). It is the reason why WA2 is often overlooked by fans because of how crap WA and WA Second Season are.

Ok I'll watch that. I'm not totally into love triangles but I like only well written triangles. The other forced ones are too annoying.

Btw, you can try out SAO Alicization. It's not as trash as the first 2 seasons honestly.
But still feels trash when compared to the awesome SAO Progressive. Lol
Jan 14, 2020 12:05 PM

Nov 2007
biswa290701 said:
shanimebib said:

Ok I'll watch that. I'm not totally into love triangles but I like only well written triangles. The other forced ones are too annoying.

Btw, you can try out SAO Alicization. It's not as trash as the first 2 seasons honestly.

Edited my previous post because it was "Important" to do so. Don't wanna leave any room for misunderstanding there.

Nah, I cannot stand the MC so I will skip it.
Coronavirus.
Jan 14, 2020 12:11 PM
Dec 2019
biswa290701 said:
shanimebib said:

I really liked sao before alicization, but I really dislike this arc, mostly because alice is one of the worst characters I ever saw (in my worst 5 of all time)
Jan 14, 2020 12:17 PM

Nov 2019
BobRossTree said:
biswa290701 said:

I really liked sao before alicization, but I really dislike this arc, mostly because alice is one of the worst characters I ever saw (in my worst 5 of all time)

I didn't like her at the begining and always thought that Eugeo deserves better. Lol
But her development really impressed me, so much that she became one of my favourite anime characters.
Jan 14, 2020 12:22 PM

Sep 2017
My favorite anime love triangle is Sentarou Kawabuchi x Kaoru Nishimi x Ritsuko Mukae (x Junichi Katsuragi x yurika fukahori) in Sakamichi no Apollon. Well, even if this becomes a pentagon at some point of the story, it goes back to a love triangle. The feelings are better rendered in the manga though...
"Le monde n'est qu'un égout sans fond où les phoques les plus informes rampent et se tordent sur des montagnes de fange" (Alfred de Musset, On ne badine pas avec l'amour, 1834)
Jan 14, 2020 12:28 PM

Jan 2009
all the love triangles on Macross franchise lol its like a trademark of that anime franchise
Jan 14, 2020 12:28 PM

Nov 2010
BobRossTree said:
asuna-kirito-alice is not a love triangle at all, kirito doesn't give a single **** about alice

bad thread

yup, not a love triangle...

and not "bad" persé :)

short list (if OP would do some research or let people add options...)
Jan 14, 2020 1:31 PM
Dec 2019
biswa290701 said:
BobRossTree said:

I didn't like her at the begining and always thought that Eugeo deserves better. Lol
But her development really impressed me, so much that she became one of my favourite anime characters.

idk, i find her really really annoying :/
Jan 15, 2020 9:07 AM

Dec 2019
All my best girls and boys always lose so I don't like love triangles o(╥﹏╥)o (´°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥ω°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥`) Hak is my one and only hope.
Jan 15, 2020 9:09 AM

Nov 2008
BlueMaho said:
Hak is my one and only hope.

If Hak does not win, there is NO justice in this world. D:

....pretty certain he will though. xD

Jan 15, 2020 9:15 AM
🔥🔥🔥

Jan 2020
Kagome-Inuyasha-Kikyou

Kagome x Inuyasha is the only correct choice imo. Kikyou is basically a zombie.

🔥 🔥 🔥 . 阿良々木 暦, 傷 物 語 . 🔥 🔥 🔥
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
Jan 15, 2020 9:19 AM

Jul 2014
I don't remember there being any real love triangle in Golden Time. Maybe briefly with Linda, but how can Nana be considered a potential love interest for Banri.
Jan 15, 2020 9:24 AM

Nov 2019
SithSteel said:
I don't remember there being any real love triangle in Golden Time. Maybe briefly with Linda, but how can Nana be considered a potential love interest for Banri.

Wasn't Linda the nickname for Nana Hayashida?
Jan 15, 2020 9:27 AM

Jul 2014
biswa290701 said:
SithSteel said:

Wasn't Linda the nickname for Nana Hayashida?

Crap. You're right. There were two Nana's now that I look at it. Linda and Banri's neighbor. Now I feel like an idiot.

Although, I still don't think it was much of a love triangle.
Jan 15, 2020 10:03 AM

Nov 2014
Ooh, love triangles my favorite. Lots of interesting examples in the poll, so let's break it down. Spoilers of course, so yeah.

Havent seen Oregairu yet, so can't say and didn't make it far enough into Yona of the Dawn to even see the triangle form. So from those, I'd give it to White Album 2 with Fruits Basket at a close second. Why did I spend my lunch break writing this, lol.

---
horridhendy said:
Kagome-Inuyasha-Kikyou

Also, this ^
Jan 15, 2020 10:05 AM

Dec 2019
Yukino-Hachiman-Yui all the way mate
Jan 17, 2020 7:03 AM

Jan 2010
CureEtude said:
horridhendy said:
Kagome-Inuyasha-Kikyou

Also, this ^

We all know Inuyasha will always choose Kikyo over Kagome IF Kikyou actually still alive and not a zombie lol, so yeah :3

Anyway, love triangle sucks and none of the options are good anyway. Personally I like it when I didn't mind either side to win. Which is a rarity.
But here is an example that I don't mind:

Mika -> Yuu <- Shinoa (Mikayuu, but I don't mind Yuunoa too tbh bcs Shinoa is such a great character)
Mahiru -> Guren <- Shinya (Well, Guren x Shinya because Mahiru basically dead)

Lucy -> Natsu -> Lisanna (NaLi all the way)
Lyon -> Juvia -> Gray (I used to root for Lyon because Gray doesn't deserve Juvia but now I'm fine with both option)
Touka -> Kaneki <- Hide (tbh I rather Hide x Touka at this point. Kaneki can go fuck himself.)

Tbh I prefer love polygon, lol.

Mikasa -> Eren -> Annie <- Bertholt
Hinata -> Naruto -> Sakura -> Sasuke
Tsumugu -> Chisaki -> Hikari -> Manaka
CrimsonMidnightJan 17, 2020 7:08 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 5 hours ago

29 by Mykasan »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - Yesterday

38 by TheSFHero »»
22 minutes ago

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 8 hours ago

33 by TRC_Randy »»
56 minutes ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - 11 hours ago

42 by Vendicator »»
1 hour ago

» Describe your anime watching as one sentence.

LenRea - Apr 11

42 by TRC_Randy »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.