Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2020 1:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Sawamura put a lot of expectations on himself in this match. Not bad for his confidence but I'd be more careful in his position.

Pacing of this match is methodical with mind games. A lot of pressure into the match.
Jan 14, 2020 3:39 AM

Apr 2018
I'm happy he didn't fall apart again like he did in the seasons prior. Truly, it's Sawamura's time to shine as the ace!
Jan 14, 2020 3:53 AM

Dec 2013
It's good to see Sawamura being able to recover so quickly. Sawamura and Okumura make a good team.
Jan 14, 2020 3:55 AM
Sep 2015
My impression on this episode is that Sawamura cheat on Miyuki with Okumura.

And Masashi Yuki.. I think he's the one that break the balance and one of the key victory of this match, I guess he know the tradition prank of teammate ignoring the first homerun of the first year (or rookie in league) by experiencing by himself in middleschool or his big brother Tetsuya Yuki told him or he simply check the pro league news. But the last time I check there are so many pranks other than silent treatment, empty dugout is my favorite.

And by this homerun my love for Masashi Yuki returned!
Jan 14, 2020 4:07 AM

Oct 2017
Koshu and Eijun battery is looking really great. With this game their battery have improved too.
Jan 14, 2020 6:11 AM

Feb 2012
The hype was too strong on this one.
"no matter what, i'll bounce back" it's awesome to see how much experience Sawamura got from his previous failures.
Boss was smiling :o
He's got the mental of an ace now.

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Jan 14, 2020 7:48 AM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode.

Sawamura has become so reliable, it's incredible to watch the sequence with his monologue about no matter how many times he fails and disappoints the team, he can still bounce back was great. Made me smile.

Yuki's homerun and the silent treatment was gold.

I also really loved the moment where he bats with everything he's got and the coach smiles as he watches him giving it his all. Beautiful moment.

Just as Ippo's fists lift you up, Sawamura's pitches lift the team up.
Jan 14, 2020 8:04 AM

May 2011
Looks like the coach is gonna assign the numbers/roster in the next episode..! Are we finally able to see Sawamura wearing no. 1? I'm excited!
Jan 14, 2020 10:34 AM

May 2017
Nice to see Sawamura bouncing back. The battery between him and Okumura is what the world needs. Just love that Swamura can even reach a guy like Okumura who's very disgruntled and has trust issues. Great character development as always.

Next week we'll see a different type of numbers. I'm hyped.
This season has been an excellent payoff for Sawamura-fans. It'd only make sense for him to get the ace number. We'll see I guess. In general I'm interested in who's going to make it to the 1st string.
Jan 14, 2020 12:45 PM
May 2019
I respect Coach for challenging Sawamura and allowing him to pitch the final innings though only if Sawamura pitches perfectly. "I'll take you out if you allow even on hit." Exciting!

Also, I will be flipping devastated when Miyuki retires. I can see myself wailing now T_T
Jan 14, 2020 2:45 PM

Jul 2012
Okay, I just realized that we won't get to see summer tournament this season (or maybe like ever). It just occured to me suddenly, because build-up started in the first half of the season so till now I had a clear idea that we are gonna see that but then hit me that it's episode 41 already.
Awesome signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2020 3:03 PM

Sep 2011
This was really cool. I think I felt something similar to what I used to feel watching the first season for the first time in this Act II. I also honestly thought that Koushuu was cool for the first time as well. "I won't let you die alone" is as intense as it gets. xD The silent treatment after Masashi scored a home run was just mean though. Good thing Sawamura didn't play along. xD And I love how Kuramochi and Haruichi were just raring to go, and how Kataoka smiled like that and stuff. The pitching of an ace, huh. Next episode promises to be filled with strong emotion too, since the 20 chosen ones are going to be revealed.
Jan 14, 2020 8:12 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
"If you die, we all die. I won't let you die alone." I love that line so much >< Koushuu's respect for Eijun just keeps on growing. Sure Eijun's control is nowhere near Mei's, as he sometimes has trouble. However, he's has the mentle fortitude to not fall apart, and he's shown that he can get back into his rhythm. More importantly, he can do it without Miyuki. Also the part where Eijun calls Koushuu his partner, and Koushuu was so surprised, it's probably the first time he's ever felt that way about being in a battery! Eijun's next line though, "Okay, get your loincloth on straight!" XD He never fails to say the funniest and and most random things. But on the mound, he's serious and focused as ever.
Jan 15, 2020 8:47 PM
Feb 2016
jrShark said:
Looks like the coach is gonna assign the numbers/roster in the next episode..! Are we finally able to see Sawamura wearing no. 1? I'm excited!

Only who makes the roster and not the numbers. But the jerseys will definitely be revealed before the season ends
Jan 16, 2020 9:55 AM

Jan 2018
The episodes are getting better and better! I can't stop smiling watching this whole episode ^ ^
Feb 9, 2020 3:56 AM

Mar 2017
"He's such a rollercoaster ride. Damn. I'm gonna help him, no matter what!"
"If you die, we all die. I won't let you die alone."
-Okumura

so touched with the battery Maru-Maru! The amount of respect and trust that they have with
each other even if it's their first time partnering up for a game ;_;
+ Okumura is slowly picking up Sawamura's habits

I love this episode!

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Feb 14, 2020 4:54 AM

Feb 2013
I hope they win the match.
Feb 28, 2020 7:56 AM

Nov 2016
Sawarmura proved why he's a true ace, so much goosebumps.

Was a pretty great arc, just sucks to know that we most likely won't enter the summer tournament this season.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 14, 2020 6:54 PM

Dec 2019
Im so sure Sawamura will get the ace number, took him 170+ episodes tho, and finally about time the summer tournament starts, seriously they dragged that one out.
                                                         🖤   

Nov 5, 2021 3:21 PM

Jul 2015
Lmao the silent treatment for Musashi's homerun. I got scared for Eijun possibly falling apart once again but I'm happy being wrong seeing how he managed to bounce back.

May 10, 2022 6:42 PM

May 2021
Look at Kataoka's smile x) How much he sees how Sawamura has grown

Ma boi is getting nearer to the ace :D

𝑇𝐼𝑃𝑆 𝐼𝑁 𝐺𝐼𝑁𝑇𝐴𝑀𝐴
- NOT your usual shounen anime
- Pure comedy? DEAD WRONG
- Treat Gintama as SoL/weekly sitcom especially earlier seasons
- Ep 1 & 2 are for manga readers
- BIG patience for its 'slow' start

Dec 24, 2022 2:39 PM

Oct 2015
Oh man... I was so proud of Eijun I teared up for real. :')

Love Eijun x Okumura battery so much! Eijun used to be lead by Miyuki, but now he's leading Okumura. (Love their life and death talk. ^^) He's become so mature, bolder, more reliable; everyone in the team cheers for him, players in the bench want to stand behind him, the coach trusts him, and Eijun answers them all by exactly leading the team. He's become an ace in that game, no doubt about that.
   HuaLian <3
Jul 21, 2023 9:18 PM

Aug 2019
YES MASAHI DID IT!! GREAT

Okumura is much more at ease with Eijun. Eijun knows how to make his teammates feel better. He has so many numbers which is insane.

Oh my gosh, Eijun is incredible 😭I’m so proud of him.

“Like an ace” damn right!!

This time he’s going to do it!! The coach didn’t said no.

Miyuki is sharing the candy Eijun gave him.
Aug 20, 2023 2:36 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Surprised Eijun is so fatigued

Idk how anime works, but if I was training for 12+ hours every damn day and running with a tire until literal bedtime, I’d like to think I’d be fit as hell and can pitch 9 innings without a sweat!! But that’s just me 😅

More topics from this board

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 52 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2020

58 by Nova22 »»
Mar 9, 5:56 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2019

74 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 17, 2023 3:21 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2019

74 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 15, 2023 12:14 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2019

31 by 1Konochi »»
Sep 14, 2023 11:35 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2019

31 by 1Konochi »»
Sep 8, 2023 4:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.