Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 14, 2020 9:17 AM

Aug 2018
I enjoyed first season of Nanatsu no Taizai.And I fricking hate all the sequels.The power scaling in that show is so absurd.In the first season it took them everything to beat a white demon.Now look at season 3.They slay them so easily as a hot knife through butter.The made Ban the most useless character with introduction of the commandments.The back stories are so forced.And I dislike Meliodas x Elizabeth.Their curse is laughably bad and I can never take it seriously.
Jan 14, 2020 9:27 AM

Feb 2017
I wouldn't say I hate any series, but don't get the monogatari series. I just find it boring.

And Boku No Hero. I see the appeal, but it's just really not my cup of tea as I'm just not interested in super heroes.

'I love you because you're you. I'm happy that you're whole. I don't care if there are sides of you that I don't know, or don't like. If that's who you are, that's fine. As long as you're whole, that's enough for me.'-Kouko Kaga
Jan 14, 2020 9:27 AM
Jul 2018
I know I am going to get a lot of hate about this but ...
Hunter x hunter
I don't hate it, but I don't like it that much.
I haven't finished it yet.
I really dislike the training scenes. Killua and Gon just do the same thing over and over again.
The fighting scenes are cool though.
The hunter exam was good.
Zoldyck Family was okay, nothing special, nothing bad.
I really liked the Heavens Arena.
I LOVED Yorknew City arc, especially the Phnatom Troupe's moments.
The Greed island feels soo slow, I don't know why, but I can't like these episodes. Only the dodgeball episodes were exciting to watch.
So I guess that's the reason why I am taking so long to finish this series,
in one moment I'm watching some really amazing episodes, and later it is a burden to finish an episode.
(sorry for my English and sorry if I annoyed anyone)
Jan 14, 2020 9:28 AM

Sep 2017
Steins;Gate

The story is a predictable and basic time travel sci-fi story about how you can't change the past without paying a heavy price, but the main character still goes back and makes the same mistakes over and over. The characters are stereotypical and pretty bland.
Jan 14, 2020 9:35 AM

Jan 2020
Gonna get crucified for this but Naruto and One Piece I saw an episode or two and they weren’t bad but their fanbases were too toxic to me coming from the dragon ball community so I stopped watching them also one piece seems kinda goofy but that could also be the art style I havnt given that one a fair chance in all honesty.
Jan 14, 2020 9:41 AM

Aug 2014
Anohana.

The only good thing about that show is the iconic ending, which I really like.
Jan 14, 2020 9:57 AM
Jul 2019
Tokyo ghoul i hate and love Tokyo ghoul at the same time to be honest i enoy TG i hate it because it can be much much better if it's not poorly executed and not soo rushed after

Apart from TG i don't hate any anime hating something that you don't like is a waste of time i simply don't care that i can't enjoy however there are animes like fairy tail,,sao,future dairy,darling in the franxx,etc that i don't like but i don't waste my time on hating them just like toxic fans do
Jan 14, 2020 10:22 AM

Jul 2019
bnha. I really like shounen anime, but this one was kinda boring. It doesn't really have story at all. I watched 3 whole seasons hoping that something will happen, but it never did. Animation, character design and music were great, to bad I can't say the same for the story. I expected much more given the hype it got. It's not that I hate it, I was just really disappointed by it.
Jan 14, 2020 10:25 AM

May 2016
These type of threads. I know some people get excited to post popular anime they don't like, but we get too many of these negative threads. At least some people give some explanation as to why they don't like a series instead of just list anime off.

If I had to give an answer, and I don't hate it nor have I finished catching up, my answer would be Attack on Titan. One of the biggest factors for me in liking a show is its characters. So when there are no likeable characters, it's hard to want to get invested in the story. Cool overall concept, but it's lack of likeable characters and plot that tends to drag on too long, kills my interest in it.
Jan 14, 2020 8:51 PM

Jan 2019
Death Note is trash, it overexplains things to the point that it is physically painful and doesn't leave anything for the viewer to figure out for themselves.

I also hate Hunter x Hunter. From the start, I hated Gon especially in the fish scene because it made him even more like an unrelatable kid. Then we meet Kurapika who is a trap (didn't figure out he was a dude for like 4 episodes) which made me hate him. Then it shows us Leorio who is portrayed as greedy scum, but still ends up joining the team. Did I say how much I hated the character designs yet? Then they do a few episodes of nonsense that I couldn't care less about and felt like a waste of my life. Then they get to the exam location and I'm getting interested, then they just run in a boring cave for the whole episode, where Killua shows up randomly and for no reason starts hanging out with Gon which makes no sense. Then Gon gets bodied by Hisoka in the next phase of the exam, which made me lose all interest I still had in him. Then there was a random cooking thing and it made me want to blow my brains out. Worst 2 hours of my life. Dropped it like it was on fire. 1/10.

I also hate Gintama. It is one of the least funny comedy shows I have ever seen and Gintoki is one of the most boring characters ever along with Gon.

Vinland saga also sucks and has some terrible cinematography. The fight scenes have this terrible moving camera thing similar to demon slayer that looks terrible. Also, vikings are extremely boring and the CG water makes me want to barf.

Promised Neverland is also bad. I just can't get past how terrible the faces look. I can't imagine watching an entire show of those massive chins man. Its definitely a horror anime, cuz those chins be giving me nightmares.

Code Geass is not the worst anime, but it is definitely overrated. Suzaku is the worst character of all time and Lelouch is the most overrated character of all time.

Haikyuu is also not terrible, but it is way overrated for what it is. It is a well produced sports anime about a boring and terrible sport with boring characters and a nasty CG volleyball.

Whew, I needed this thread. Finally got all this off my chest.
Hunter x Hunter is a 1/10
Jan 14, 2020 9:02 PM
Jan 2012
Code Geass R2. The first season is very flawed, but I don't have a problem letting all the insane amount of flaws it has slide because I watched it earlier when my standards were lower, and despite it all I still find it somewhat entertaining if I shut my brain off and ignore how unlikable Lelouch is. It's not great, but I have enough nostalgia for the first season that I'll still go easy on it when thinking about it critically. It's part of my high school anime memories, and even if my memories have soured I still don't have it in me to say I didn't enjoy this series when I first watched it, and the few times I rewatched it after.

Season two on the other hand is fucking awful, and that ending does not make up for the 20+ episodes of unlikable characters and melodrama. Even when I had lower standards I could barely get through this shit. I was the kind of millenial that watched the Star Wars Prequels and didn't really think about entertainment that critically so I didn't mind them, yet this second season was so obnoxious and so self-serious that I actually did start thinking critically, and I'm pretty sure this was when my brain started realizing that I should start having standards when it came to anime.
Jan 14, 2020 9:02 PM

Mar 2016
Ive tried to pick up Your Lie In April several times, but everytime I do I just get bored and have to put it on hold.

Maybe one day I can get through it and find it entertaining...but I still just cant.
Jan 14, 2020 9:07 PM

Nov 2008
Gintama. I don't find gross-out childish humor that funny. Sorry. :/

Shoujo Kakumei Utena "UMIGAWD BEST SHOUJO MADE U GAIZ" too bad it ruins everything shoujo is about.

Chobits. Used to love it. Now I'm an adult and it's creepy as fuk. D: And extremely UNromantic.

Foxyclaws said:
Charlotte. I don´t know why so many people love it.

Likewise I don't know why so many people HATE it?

Jan 14, 2020 9:28 PM
Feb 2019
fairy tail and rising of the shield hero. fairy tail is legit just fucking fan service with shit fights, while shield hero is loli harem with a shitty plot, just like any other old isekai.
Jan 14, 2020 9:29 PM
Jul 2017
The anime adaptation of Koe no Katachi. The first half was pretty well made, but the rest of it is an insult to the source material.
Jan 14, 2020 9:46 PM

Aug 2016
Naussica. the only redeemable thing were the visuals, and the main concept. everything else was awful. and the manga was even worse.
:v
Jan 14, 2020 9:49 PM

Jan 2017
Hunter x Hunter 2011 (Chimera Ant is awful in the manga and even worse in the Anime)
Jan 14, 2020 9:52 PM
Jul 2018
Missaliensan said:
I wanna eat your pancreas.Normally i would feel lukewarm towards these sorts of teenage romcom movies,but i somehow felt really offended by this movie.I don´t know if it´s because of the unlikeable characters,or the contrived drama....but it´s certainly a combination of both.
Definitely the contrived drama. I didn't care for it either.
Jan 14, 2020 9:53 PM

Jan 2017
EndlessMaria said:
Miyazaki/Ghibli movies, Akira, and Cowboy Bebop because they are all boring. Good animation doesn't automatically make something good.

You are boring. Having tits and ass doesn't automatically make something good.
Jan 14, 2020 9:57 PM

Aug 2016
FREETIME008 said:
I know I am going to get a lot of hate about this but ...
Hunter x hunter
I don't hate it, but I don't like it that much.
I haven't finished it yet.
I really dislike the training scenes. Killua and Gon just do the same thing over and over again.
The fighting scenes are cool though.
The hunter exam was good.
Zoldyck Family was okay, nothing special, nothing bad.
I really liked the Heavens Arena.
I LOVED Yorknew City arc, especially the Phnatom Troupe's moments.
The Greed island feels soo slow, I don't know why, but I can't like these episodes. Only the dodgeball episodes were exciting to watch.
So I guess that's the reason why I am taking so long to finish this series,
in one moment I'm watching some really amazing episodes, and later it is a burden to finish an episode.
(sorry for my English and sorry if I annoyed anyone)

that´s not even its worst arc, wait for the pointless elections arc, it turns into a total mess.

about the training, yeah its weak but greed island is overall an average arc. the comedy is nice, though, and the villian, while basic in its personality, delivers some good moments.

and good thing you are getting closer to the chimera ant arc. it has its ups and downs, but its overall great and one of the most ambitious things I ever seen in battle shonen.
:v
Jan 14, 2020 9:59 PM

Nov 2017
Ahhh...threads like these are these MAL losers' favorites.
Jan 14, 2020 10:42 PM
Jul 2018
Usually I tend to be generous with my ratings. Even with most shows that I personally didn't enjoy.

The closest thing I guess is probably No Game No Life.

Of course, there's also SAO and Tokyo Ghoul for obvious reasons.
Jan 14, 2020 11:23 PM

Jul 2007
MySweetLucifer said:
EndlessMaria said:
Miyazaki/Ghibli movies, Akira, and Cowboy Bebop because they are all boring. Good animation doesn't automatically make something good.

You are boring. Having tits and ass doesn't automatically make something good.

What do you mean? I don't even watch many ecchi shows and I have made many posts on this forum criticizing ecchi. If you are going to troll me at least attempt to make sense instead of typing out whatever dull thought pops into your mind.
β˜†β˜†β˜†
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
β˜†β˜†β˜†

Jan 14, 2020 11:31 PM
Jul 2018
BNHA - can’t understand how it got so popular. I couldn’t care less about the story plus character design is just bad (except for Todoroki and All Might, these two are fine af). But the absolute worst is the MC. How do people tolerate this spineless crybaby is beyond my understanding.

ReLife - the fact it’s rated above 8 just blows my mind. Extremely boring and unlikable. I never dropped anime in the past, so I had to literally force myself to watch it - pure torture.
Jan 14, 2020 11:34 PM

Oct 2018
Probably KonoSuba and Toradora

But I don't hate them, I simply don't like/dislike them.
Jan 14, 2020 11:47 PM

Jan 2017
EndlessMaria said:

What do you mean? I don't even watch many ecchi shows and I have made many posts on this forum criticizing ecchi. If you are going to troll me at least attempt to make sense instead of typing out whatever dull thought pops into your mind.

With "tits and ass" I meant you. Excuse me for not making that clear enough.
Jan 14, 2020 11:49 PM

Jul 2007
MySweetLucifer said:
EndlessMaria said:

Ah, you were trying to be edgy in 2020. No wonder it wasn't clear enough.
β˜†β˜†β˜†
-Maria Ushiromiya
β˜†β˜†β˜†

Jan 14, 2020 11:52 PM

Jan 2017
EndlessMaria said:
MySweetLucifer said:

To think Miyazaki movies and Akira are boring, is the most edgy opinion one can have.
Jan 15, 2020 12:02 AM

Nov 2008
ysphyr said:
. But the absolute worst is the MC. How do people tolerate this spineless crybaby is beyond my understanding.

Yep, it sure was "spineless" of Deku to just rush in to save Bakugo from the monster when he had absolutely no powers at that point...what a pathetic wuss...that sure wasn't brave at all; he should have been like the rest of the crowd and did NOTHING. :DDDD

Hilarious statement, guy.

Jan 15, 2020 12:12 AM
Jul 2018
Chiibi said:
ysphyr said:
. But the absolute worst is the MC. How do people tolerate this spineless crybaby is beyond my understanding.

Yep, it sure was "spineless" of Deku to just rush in to save Bakugo from the monster when he had absolutely no powers at that point...what a pathetic wuss...that sure wasn't brave at all; he should have been like the rest of the crowd and did NOTHING. :DDDD

So? Asta from Black Clover didn’t have any powers too, I’ve never seen him laying on the ground whining like a little bish Deku. I could somehow understand him being weak for a couple of episodes, but damn he was pathetic through whole season 1.
Jan 15, 2020 12:22 AM

Jul 2007
MySweetLucifer said:
EndlessMaria said:

To think Miyazaki movies and Akira are boring, is the most edgy opinion one can have.

I can understand the appeal that many Miyazaki movies might have for children, but there was nothing good about Akira outside of the animation. The writing was garbage and most of the screen time was spent on closeups of those "old children's" faces while they spit minutes of lazy plot exposition.
β˜†β˜†β˜†
-Maria Ushiromiya
β˜†β˜†β˜†

Jan 15, 2020 12:22 AM

Dec 2018
Steins;Gate

In the first episode the ugly male was disrespectful towards MY female! And ask her if she wants to taste hes banana

Never address my girls like that!! Dropped 1/10

Yuri-CrusaderJan 16, 2020 12:55 AM
Jan 15, 2020 1:08 AM

Jan 2017
EndlessMaria said:

but there was nothing good about Akira outside of the animation. The writing was garbage and most of the screen time was spent on closeups of those "old children's" faces while they spit minutes of lazy plot exposition.

Akira as a movie is nothing but a Promo-Trailer for the manga anyways. Read the manga
Jan 15, 2020 2:44 AM

Dec 2018
The best examples of series I like way less than others would be Shield Hero and Re:Zero. Central seems to be the way they use their characters to shape the narrative.

The biggest offenders in Shield Hero are the other three cardinal heroes. Each has one defining trait, and that trait shapes all conflict they're involved in.
Then we Noafumi's supporting squad. Filo, is - if anything - a mild annoyance. Raphtalia is generally people's favourite, and I guess I'd agree, but like... her character growth in the first few episodes is so incredibly rushed. And the interactions between Naofumi and the rest got stale real fast.

I haven't seen any isekai shows where the protagonist gets away with thinking that the world revolves around them, so that might play a role for Re:Zero. Instead of a good reversal of isekai cliches, I just saw an annoying protagonist that acted way too rash and stupid for his age. It's not like you can ignore that aspect either, because it shapes a fuckton of unnecessary conflict...

I don't hate either of them, though. Especially Re:Zero had quite a few redeeming qualities.

Steiner1411 said:
Bunny girl senpai , others were able to overlook its pseudoscientific elements for its romance, but sadly I couldn't.

Hmm, the romance was the only aspect you actually liked? Even then, that's already quite a lot - for me, at least. I loved the chemistry between Sakuta and Mai, and the same goes for the phenomena that arose because of romantic feelings (and the supernatural element in general).

It's pretty funny, though. I use the same exact word, 'pseudo-science', in my mini-review, so I do get what you mean, but I have a very different take on it. To me, it felt more like it was playing with those explanations, and I really enjoyed the way it tried to connect quantum mechanics with the supernatural phenomena.
Jan 15, 2020 4:04 AM

Feb 2013
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Fate franchise yet? Because boi, it's all over the damn place and I cringe at the sole mention of it. Like...I don't get it. Fate/Stay Night has been rewatched by me 2-3 times in different periods of life as I thought I'm just being too young and retarded to get it. Mid 20s now, still hating it. Anything else that spun off out of it is kinda repulsive to me.

Like many, not a fan of BNHA. Watched the first season, couldn't relate to any of the characters. Maybe I'm just too old and liked Naruto as a young teen for it was aimed at my age group at the time, so I could easily find the familiarities between myself and the characters + enjoyed it as an adult due to nostalgia. I guess I'm too old now for it to have me hooked or convinced I'm a kindred soul with anyone in the series, much unlike how I felt relating to many of the Naruto characters back in a day. Like, I'm genuinely not rooting for anyone in BNHA and I don't care if they progress or not. Bonus point, the one who forced me to watch it actually finished all the seasons. He said it doesn't get better, and I do believe him, lol.
Jan 15, 2020 6:00 AM

Aug 2018
Your name (don't really hate it, but it was dissapointing)

perfect blue (same as your name)

sword art online

Konosuba

Shinsekai Yori

Spoonmaster12Aug 13, 2020 2:25 AM
Maloween 2020 candies

Main candies:

Jan 15, 2020 6:13 AM

Jun 2015
Miyazaki films
Shinkai films
Kaguya-sama
Steins;Gate 0
No Game No life
Shirobako
Space Patrol Luluco
White Album 2
Vinland Saga
The Promised Neverland

πŸ’– 𝐼'𝓂 π’½π’Άπ“Žπ’Ήπ‘’π“ƒβ£ πŸ’–

⋆ Λšο½‘β‹†ΰ­¨ΰ­§Λš πŸ’ π’―π“Œπ’Ύπ“‰π“‰π‘’π“‡ πŸ’ π’΄π‘œπ“Šπ’―π“Šπ’·π‘’ πŸ’ Λšΰ­¨ΰ­§β‹†ο½‘Λš ⋆
πŸ’ π‘€π“ŽπΉπ’Ύπ‘”π“Šπ“‡π‘’π’žπ‘œπ“π“π‘’π’Έπ“‰π’Ύπ‘œπ“ƒ πŸ’
Jan 15, 2020 6:20 AM

Sep 2017
Kimi ni todoke
Assassination Classroom
etc...
Jan 15, 2020 7:53 AM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Chiibi said:
ysphyr said:

He should've done nothing to save him since he's an awful person. The sludge was simply doing god's work by trying to rid the anime of katsuhit XD. I've never seen a shounen protagonist with so little dignity since nanatsu no taizai. Like who the fuck saves a person who bullies them?
Jan 15, 2020 8:13 AM

Mar 2016
Ghost in the Shell. I rated it 5. It was okay. When I look at lists of fellow psychological fans, this one is the one that most frequently pops up as being rated quite differently between me and that person. So many people give it a 9 or a 10 and I just can't feel that way about it.
"Wonder is always difficult until you forgive whoever destroyed your love of surprises"  Edmond Manning

Jan 15, 2020 8:15 AM
Dec 2019
LalatinaDarkness said:
Ahhh...threads like these are these MAL losers' favorites.

It's human nature to complain hehe
This includes anime too, unfortunately. I mean it's their opinion, but "hating" an anime sounds a bit harsh imo.

But I have to admit, it was Death Note and One Punch Man for me. I mean they are both not bad animes at all, I simply couldn't enjoy them as much, asI enjoyed other shows..
Jan 15, 2020 8:19 AM
Sep 2017
Demon Slayer
πŸ…±οΈunny girl senpai
Shield hero
Lost in space
There are a few more but these are the ones I remember
Jan 15, 2020 8:26 AM
Nov 2019
Love live sunshine. Sorry Aqours fans
Jan 15, 2020 8:31 AM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
Too many to count, the majority of the MAL top 100 for example.
Jan 15, 2020 8:33 AM

Oct 2015
MeisterDM said:
I've never seen a shounen protagonist with so little dignity since nanatsu no taizai. Like who the fuck saves a person who bullies them?

I'll make a smart guess and say that most don't think bullying warrants one to be straight up killed.

@EndlessMaria I agree with you on Ghibli shows to some extent. They (the ones I watched) either fall into the category of wacky irrationality or down-to-earth simple life stories. I'll admit I can never enjoy the nonsensical plot elements and the utter lack of direction of the former.
Jan 15, 2020 8:38 AM

Jul 2014
Orhunaa said:
MeisterDM said:
I've never seen a shounen protagonist with so little dignity since nanatsu no taizai. Like who the fuck saves a person who bullies them?

I'll make a smart guess and say that most don't think bullying warrants one to be straight up killed.

Perhaps, but Deku interacts with Bakugou like he has Stockholm Syndrome. He calls him "Kacchan", for crying out loud. Its actually quite off-putting and more than a little pathetic.
Jan 15, 2020 8:40 AM

May 2019
Seven Deadly Sins, Angel Beats and Clannad for me

yungwolf said:
I don't hate Death Note but for some reason I always drop it around episode 11 whenever I try to watch it.. It's just not for me I guess
Thats the point where the quality starts dropping
Jan 15, 2020 8:44 AM
Oct 2012
This is basically "Most overrated anime" topic in another words
Jan 15, 2020 8:49 AM

Nov 2008
Iconicdaydream said:
Love live sunshine. Sorry Aqours fans

I haven't seen any of the LL stuff but my friends also HATE Sunshine. xD All you have to do is mention its title and they go "ARGH!!!" It's very funny. :D

Jan 15, 2020 10:12 AM
危γͺγ„γŠε…„γ•γ‚“

Nov 2016
FULL METAL ALCHEMIST BROTHERHOOD BEST OVERRATED SHOW EVER WHICH THE ANSWER HAS BEEN EXIST SINCE EARLY EPISODES (THREW ALCHEMY POWER SAKE HIS BROTHERHOOD) REALLY 64 EPISODES MEANINGLESS

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men?

Alpha_1_Zero - 5 hours ago

37 by Thanatos1 »»
2 minutes ago

» You truly don't care about anime MAL score/rank? Ooh cool, but... ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 21

90 by shironeko13 »»
3 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9067 by appledude1221 »»
5 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows?

EverRealm - 6 hours ago

26 by JulianR »»
9 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

171 by SouthRzVa »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.