Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 13, 2020 11:03 AM

Dec 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
not the usual episode this time. a little drinking party with the crew, having some goofs and getting drunk. the other half containing retelling of cinderella and kaguya-hime with the scientists duo as the main characters. tbh not as funny as the usual stuff

Feb 7, 2020 9:02 AM

Jun 2019
Definitely the least entertaining episode so far but it was still alright. Also, that had to be the weirdest "The Fairy Crane" knockoff ever lol
Feb 7, 2020 9:17 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Really good episode again, the drink party was fun and the scientist parodies of cinderella and kaguya hime were amusing
Feb 7, 2020 9:29 AM
May 2016
Okay, I think drunk Himuro is best Himuro. "I wuv you" ^_^

Also, did anyone else forget about the "trying to prove we love each other" thing for a second? Didn't really get brought up much in this episode. Guess even geniuses can have off days too.
Feb 7, 2020 10:14 AM

Nov 2011
I dont know if I am losing interest in this anime of if this episode was just not that good but yeah thats where I am standing right now. The fairy tale stuff just didnt do it for me, I think it would have been more fun with an entire episode dedicated to the drinking party.

I guess because there was no development which is why I just wanted some more.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 7, 2020 10:22 AM

May 2019
I'll be honest, I was disappointed because we weren't able to see drunk Yukimura.

Otherwise, it was still a very funny episode.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Feb 7, 2020 10:27 AM

Apr 2014
I would like to see more science-type fairy tales. It will be very funny for sure.
何それ?意味分かんない
Feb 7, 2020 12:11 PM

Mar 2018
Easily the most boring ep so far. This show is getting stale.
Feb 7, 2020 12:56 PM

Mar 2019
If a, b, c is a non-trivial solution to x^p + y^p = z^p, p odd prime, then y^2 = x(x − a^p)(x + b^p) which is an Elliptic Curve
Feb 7, 2020 1:18 PM

Aug 2013
At least the storytellings were amusing.

Feb 7, 2020 4:20 PM

Feb 2019
I love this show so much, Ibarada senpai lowkey best girl. It's such a cool show to just sit back and relax to on Friday after a long week. Reminds me of a Kaguya Sama mixed with Tejina Senpai. I think it's also cool to have a show to relate to as a grad school/Ph.D student

Himuro went from genius to aqua real quick
Feb 7, 2020 5:03 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Himuro is cute when she is drunk, like Mafuyu-sensei from Bokuben. The scientific approach to fairy tales like Cinderella were very amusing.
Feb 7, 2020 5:29 PM
Jun 2017
i love the second part of said episode where some fairy tales have been converted into science based... thats the funny part for me
Feb 7, 2020 6:41 PM
Jan 2017
Our merry band of scientists does a little drinking party and, as expected, things go way out of control. Watching these characters get hit with the alcohol bullet was hilarious and, because this show loves them some science-types, we get a new version of classic fairy tales. This show is the show that keeps on giving, funny science and great romantic moments included, and I really look forward to see what happens next.
Feb 7, 2020 8:13 PM
Oct 2019
definitely the lowest quality episode so far, but even so it was immensely entertaining. i think too much time was focused on the story which weren't as funny. I wish there was more time spent on the drinking party cuz that was hilarious
Feb 8, 2020 12:42 AM
Jul 2018
I loved these versions of the stories.XD
Feb 8, 2020 1:51 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
A drinking party huh one of the notable events of college life. Given their small size a party in the lab's actually perfect for them. Prime numbers eh. Science type drinking parties sure have some unique games. Amusing how Ayame actually becomes cute when she's drunk. Kanade becoming a beserker when drunk though sure was the most surprising aspect though. The effect of alcohol though really is something. The tale of the science type Cinderella was pretty amusing in its combo of fusing fantasy with science. Overall an excellent ep as always that featured some creative re imagining of classic tales.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 8, 2020 1:59 AM

Oct 2008
too many funny moments to mention but this episode is totally hilarious!!!
5/5!

the multiple stories were so wacky!

Feb 8, 2020 3:35 AM

Oct 2017
The stories were hilarious and got to see Himuro in different outfits so this was a really fun episode.
Feb 8, 2020 6:43 AM

Feb 2008
It was a tame drinking party, all things considered. We got to see the drunken side of the amiable cast. Intoxicated Kanade was my personal favourite. I wonder, what exactly happened to her in high school?

But in the end...

The alternative modern-day fairy tales were amusing too.
Feb 8, 2020 7:37 AM

Oct 2018
The Chemistry between Character, Artstyle and, Voice Acting really carry this Series, the Animation can look off sometimes but It's mostly fine as long you don't pause at an awkward time.

It's Weird seeing normal Drinking Party After Rewatching Grand Blue, But I really Enjoy Seeing The Cast Interaction while half of them is drunk, Yukimura Refused to drink Alcohol because he doesn't want to get drunk, I wonder if he will get drunk Later on

I don't think everyone gonna Enjoy the Science-Type Fairy tale but I certainly did enjoy seeing the Retelling of the 3 Old Fairy tale to end with "Progression for Mankind" instead of "Live Happily Ever After" (well except maybe for the last one)

The ED after a few episodes made it to my list of ED that you don't want to Skip. The Music and Artwork really stuck up to me especially this Really Cute Artwork of someone that I Think is Kanade through Process of Elimination

Not Gonna give a Score till i Watch all Episodes but This Series definitely High in MyList

PsyKhiFeb 8, 2020 7:40 AM
Feb 8, 2020 8:57 AM

May 2018
Ya know since I really suck at math, I can never understand those so called "Prime Numbers" even as I watch this episode, I can't wrap my brain around those number.....

Good thing there is that funny drunk thing going on....

OMG they've just desecrate the Cinderella and that Folklore tales with math.
Feb 8, 2020 10:19 AM

Dec 2014
ok nice fables and stories...I really liked it overall
Feb 8, 2020 12:06 PM

Jul 2017
Kanade thought's that she'd be amazed at a drinking party...NOT! It seems the usual over at Ikeda Lab.

To argue over prime numbers is so typical...but to argue over alcoholic drinks is a given, at least for the easily drunkard Himuro (to Yukimura) and Torasuke (to Ibarada), plus single woman Kanade. Only Yukimura is spared from the entire situation.

Plus, mixing Cinderella and science...makes for a very funny juxtaposition. And why is re-defining fictional fairytales amd folklores a science thing, IDK how but it's amusing to see it have scientific perspectives.

Decent episode that's not the best, but passable.
Feb 8, 2020 1:35 PM

Mar 2018
Fun fact: Himuro is voiced by Aqua's voice actor (ya know, the one from konosuba)

That explains why she acted like Aqua in the drunk scene
Feb 8, 2020 4:59 PM

Sep 2016
Magic is nuclear energy, why didn't I think about it before!

Gotta build a nuclear staff/wand now. Lol.
bruh
Feb 8, 2020 8:29 PM

Sep 2017
Suitor who is good at math: "This woman has no intention of marrying!" LMAO That's some big brain humor.
Feb 9, 2020 9:17 AM

Nov 2014
The drinking party was hilarious haha...
yeay they adapted the prime number games XD, the drunk version of Himuro, Kosuke, and even Kanade were also adorable yet hilarious, and in the end Yukimura the only one who still standing. Good for him for not drinking any alcohol XD.

The Scientific & Realistic parody of fairytales/folklores XD...
Using DNA to find the right girl on cinderella, then Princess Kaguya return to the moon using space shuttle, and that weirdy Fairy/Grateful Crane tho...
creating Jet-Steam machine to weaved the cloth... hahahaha
Feb 9, 2020 6:06 PM

Mar 2010
Seemed really basic but first part was fun.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 10, 2020 12:52 PM

May 2009
PsyKhi said:
The Chemistry between Character, Artstyle and, Voice Acting really carry this Series, the Animation can look off sometimes but It's mostly fine as long you don't pause at an awkward time.

It's Weird seeing normal Drinking Party After Rewatching Grand Blue, But I really Enjoy Seeing The Cast Interaction while half of them is drunk, Yukimura Refused to drink Alcohol because he doesn't want to get drunk, I wonder if he will get drunk Later on

I don't think everyone gonna Enjoy the Science-Type Fairy tale but I certainly did enjoy seeing the Retelling of the 3 Old Fairy tale to end with "Progression for Mankind" instead of "Live Happily Ever After" (well except maybe for the last one)

The ED after a few episodes made it to my list of ED that you don't want to Skip. The Music and Artwork really stuck up to me especially this Really Cute Artwork of someone that I Think is Kanade through Process of Elimination

Not Gonna give a Score till i Watch all Episodes but This Series definitely High in MyList

That's mangaka's selfinsert
Feb 10, 2020 5:47 PM
Mar 2015
They should have preserved Kaguya in formaldehyde Now the retelling of he Crane Wife is truly a modern day fairy tale
Feb 10, 2020 9:05 PM
Dec 2015
I almost had a stroke laughing the moment Fermat's Last Theorem showed up. That kind of nerd joke is exactly what makes me love that show.
Feb 11, 2020 5:40 AM

Jul 2014
While the first episodes were promising, the anime rapidly goes in circle with some futile and bland situations which is typical from the forgettable seasonal animes. I understand the point of the anime but sadly the humor in this show is pretty weak and the anime have an hard time trying to renew itself. Personally, I'm giving this anime a last chance before having to drop it
Feb 11, 2020 3:22 PM
May 2011
Amazing Episode as Always, already watched many Animes but this show and Steins gate are my Favorite!!

i really understand that this Anime is not for Everyone which i really Love it more, as science Student i really love this anime and it's getting better and better

1000/10
Feb 13, 2020 5:36 AM

Sep 2015
This episode was quite boring tbh. The past few episodes have been like this... Unfortunately the anime seems to be going downhill from here
Feb 13, 2020 3:54 PM

Dec 2016
ProofByColor said:
Suitor who is good at math: "This woman has no intention of marrying!" LMAO That's some big brain humor.

Awesome! xD

Thanks, "my" subtitles covered "Suitor who is good at math" part so missed joke when I watched. :)
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Feb 15, 2020 7:32 AM

Dec 2010
I constantly look forward to the math trivia they include in each episode.

In this one, they had a prime number game hahaha. Oh what fun. I never played it before but it seems like a fun game... I don't see how it is very difficult for some people (prime numbers I mean).

They literally are the building blocks of numbers like atoms.
Every number except 1, can be expressed by prime numbers <3.
Feb 18, 2020 9:42 PM
Apr 2018
Yukimura, has become the normal one during their drinking party.
Mar 1, 2020 7:42 AM

Apr 2011
It's fun to see that they added twists to those fairy tales lol xD
mshitsugaya10Mar 1, 2020 7:49 AM

Mar 21, 2020 5:18 PM

Apr 2016
The second half sorta spoiled this episode. The whole fairy tale nonsense was pretty stupid and would've been better off left out. Seeing everyone drunk was funny tho.
Apr 13, 2020 6:35 AM

May 2015
If anyone wants to know more about the problem shown in the Kaguya-hime story:

Sep 1, 2020 11:48 PM

Jul 2015
Silly students, water is the best thing to drink instead of wine, stay hydrated boys and girls!

The science version of those fairy tales was fun to watch, but let's keep it at discussing prime numbers since that's truly what the viewers want

Nov 14, 2020 11:08 AM

May 2020
Kanade isn't normal too. Sad to hear that. Drink and get drunked. I wonder how Aika's drunk.
Jul 20, 2021 12:51 PM

Apr 2018
The Cinderalla and Kaguye-Hime story were pretty fun. Ofcourse, not the one we know. But SCIENCE STORIES XD. Drunk Himuro was adorable, just like a damn baby. And Kosuke was way too childish lmao. Anyway good ep.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Mar 1, 2022 12:08 PM

Sep 2021
episode 7: everyone gets drunk and temporarily reverts to their personalities in first grade
hgwnejmp.ädqwsd
Apr 5, 2022 4:40 AM

Dec 2020
modernize + sciencesify (thats so Not a word) fairytales lol. love it
May 15, 2022 11:18 AM
May 2019
the knockoff science type stories has to be my favorite thing from this super underrated show. Had a lot of laugh this time around.
May 16, 2022 7:04 AM

May 2020
As if I ever believed Himuro was sober, some total one-eighty from her there.

Fairy tales with a scientific touch... that's definitely the best thing this series has to offer. And yes Kaguya-hime didn't have any intention to marry lol. Awesome episode.
Jul 12, 2022 5:15 AM

Jan 2020
"It was truly a victory for modern Science." Lol, these were probably some of the better Fairy Tale references I've seen in an anime. Though, not quite as good as Isekai Quartet's rendition of Cinderella.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Sep 15, 2022 2:50 AM

Jul 2019
Drunk anime girls are great! Poor Kanade! I wonder if she suplexed that dreamy teacher of hers?

Love the fairy tales! Great stuff!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei shitemita. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

-Stray - Jan 13, 2020

118 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 18, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei shitemita. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

uninstallthegame - Jan 13, 2020

56 by Matheus050 »»
Jan 21, 6:20 AM

Poll: » Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei shitemita. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

52 by Matheus050 »»
Jan 12, 6:04 PM

» Should I?

Jai_akash - Jan 6

12 by MK17_2 »»
Jan 8, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei shitemita. Episode 9 Discussion

49 by Matheus050 »»
Jan 5, 2:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.