Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 13, 2020 12:15 AM
Apr 2016
phantomfandom said:
KiraYoshikage said:
The synopsis tell everything:

Sakaido is a genius detective who can track down any criminal. But when his daughter is murdered, revenge lands him on the other side of the law.

HOOfan_1 said:
They said he already caused another serial killer to commit suicide. His daughter and possibly his wife were killed by a serial killer. I bet he used his position as a detective to track the killer down and caused him to commit suicide.

The fact that he is held in the same facility as these serial killers is odd though.
Daniel_Naumov said:
It was all explained in the previous episodes. You should see them. It explains a lot. About his past and cells. About why our protagonist is where he is. Quite an explanation.

Do you think is it possible for him to be the killer of his own family (may or may not intention, maybe due to psychological disease or something)
I find it strange that he is in the same area as the real serial killer and terrorists that kill dozen of people. He has to do more than just kill the murderer.

No, it is impossible. If he was something like a serial killer who even hunted his daughter, then no one would be sympathetic towards him, like the young leader of the team, and he would be put into a real prison (they started doing this ID-well invading 6 months ago, while Muku was assaulted 2 years ago). It is impossible according to what we have already seen.
Re:formed
Jan 13, 2020 12:54 AM

Apr 2008
phantomfandom said:
KiraYoshikage said:
The synopsis tell everything:

Sakaido is a genius detective who can track down any criminal. But when his daughter is murdered, revenge lands him on the other side of the law.

HOOfan_1 said:
They said he already caused another serial killer to commit suicide. His daughter and possibly his wife were killed by a serial killer. I bet he used his position as a detective to track the killer down and caused him to commit suicide.

The fact that he is held in the same facility as these serial killers is odd though.
Daniel_Naumov said:
It was all explained in the previous episodes. You should see them. It explains a lot. About his past and cells. About why our protagonist is where he is. Quite an explanation.

Do you think is it possible for him to be the killer of his own family (may or may not intention, maybe due to psychological disease or something)
I find it strange that he is in the same area as the real serial killer and terrorists that kill dozen of people. He has to do more than just kill the murderer.

I don't think so. He become someone who dislike criminal and he probably kill someone for vengeance.
Jan 13, 2020 2:24 AM

Jan 2018
This episode was good, we got to know a little bit of Sakaidos past.
Jan 13, 2020 4:27 AM

Nov 2014
good shit , this is really good
i love mistery anime
Jan 13, 2020 5:24 AM
Nov 2018
Just wanna say that little sci-fi noise whenever the episode title shows up is going to be something I look forward to every episode
Jan 13, 2020 6:22 AM

Jul 2014
I'm really liking this show. I find the world and characters to be quite interesting. Some more than others. I don't know if they'll go this route, but some alarm bells have been going off in my head and telling me that our MC over here is the one who killed his daughter.

I think one of the few downsides here is that it feels like the show is rushing a bit. For example, they captured the sniper awfully quick. I get that they didn't have time to show them actually finding this guy, but its a shame that we couldn't see it.
Jan 13, 2020 8:43 AM

Dec 2017
Amazing episode

I fell sad for Momoko
Jan 13, 2020 9:11 AM

Oct 2017
Did Sakaido just made another criminal commit sucide, wow. So far all three episodes were interesting but nothing amazing yet. Thou I do like Sakaido's character more after this episode.
Jan 13, 2020 9:18 AM
Nov 2016
eWEQRW123123 said:
You would think they would put Sakaido away from the prisoners after he already caused 5 of them to suicide.

Maybe they intentionally put them in the same place lol.

This episode was much better than the first two and made me decide to stick with this show.
Jan 13, 2020 10:09 AM

Mar 2017
Wow, Sakaido is a lot more of a dark character than I first thought...

One thing that haunts me about this anime is how unbearably hellish Sakaido's life is; he has to live every day trapped in a tiny room with just the memories of his daughter's brutal murder and the only respite he gets is in the ID Well where he can't remember anything at all and often has to experience dying over and over again. Damn, this shit is deceptively twisted...
Jan 13, 2020 1:20 PM

Feb 2018
Well, I believe that the well is a combination of the subconscious of the person concerned and person diving(Sakaido).

Kairu and John Walker are part of Sakaido's sub-conscious mind maybe. The indifferent reaction of other people to Kairu's death and the inherent fear of John Walker are also part of the sub-conscious. What's your take?
'I have no bonds tying me down. That's why I can see things as they are!!' - Yugami
Jan 13, 2020 2:30 PM

Jan 2008
eWEQRW123123 said:
You would think they would put Sakaido away from the prisoners after he already caused 5 of them to suicide.

Why? That's the best way to get rid of them.

Also... that voice acting... DAMN. He just talked that POS into killing himself. I think he wasn't going to until he called her daughter's death meaningless. We saw Saka's eye twitch and then he went all in.
Jan 13, 2020 5:01 PM
Jan 2016
I swear the script of this show was written by a middle-schooler with ADD....Any time two characters are on screen talking to eachother the dialoughue is 90% non-sense. I don't thing the writer knew how to actually write interesting or even normal dialogue between two people......Like when the guy with the glasses was talking to the female detective in the hospital....the flow of the converstion was attrocious. She talks about the pyrotechnic, then about how she's angry at the killers, and then talks about how her brain wasn't damaged enough to affect her feelings of anger, then talks about how she wants to go in her own well and be a well detective (Which I'm pretty sure they said only a serial killer could be, so why is she asking???).

Then when Sakaido was talking to the killer, I had no idea what was even happening. Like....did the killer not know WHY he was committing the crimes? He initially sounds like he does it to make a point about how life is valueless, but he never actually does anything to vocalize that point to anyone, so who is there to get his message???? Then he's killing just to kill. And then Sakaido tells him why he actually does it and he kills himself because of it? How the fuck did he not know why he was committing his own crimes? (Also I dont think you can hang yourself horizontally like that.....or however it was he hung himself.....never seen a suicide like that before, so I hove no idea what the fuck that was.....). Either way that whole exchange was just......a bit of a clusterfuck......

And yet again, no mystery was solved at all even though this is supposed to be a mystery series.....For a minute they were doing it right when thay had Sakaido doing all that analysis to identify the sniper's position, but then they ruined it by having the criminal just happen to be some random guy crawling on the floor......Like how are you gonna have the MC take like 10 fucking minutes trying to analyze were the sniper is then have him see some random guy crawl past him on the floor and then everyone is all like "oh shit that's him." And they didn't even know it was him because of Sakaido, the detectives outside the well just scanned everyone in the well and discovered an exception......so literally EVERYTHING that Sakaido spent this whole episode doing was null and void......how are you going to inject a detective into the well to identify the killer then just use the fucking computer to figure it out for yourself......Like 10 minutes of this episode didn't even need to happen......Would have been easier for everyone if they just benched Sakaido and used the computer instead :\

Thus ends my rant for this episode. Honestly I may keep watching this just because I don't know if I'm okay with missing out on the train-wreck this show is going to become.....
Jan 13, 2020 5:13 PM
Apr 2015
HOOfan_1 said:
phantomfandom said:
I actually wonder why our protagonist is also in the cell room like other criminals... maybe he also commit the crime in the past... maybe he involved in his family case?

I am pretty sure this isn't even only his second rodeo. If I remember correctly they talked about it in episode 2? and he said something like "Don't want that to be my fourth" or something like that. Have to rewatch that part. So I guess this one was now his fourth 'victim".
Meh...I don't know but I am sure he didn't say second.
If you think about it that ability alone makes him freaking dangerous.
HabakukJan 13, 2020 5:18 PM
Jan 13, 2020 5:18 PM

Jul 2016
NatsuDragneel12 said:
good shit , this is really good
i love mistery anime

I am hooked. Very good
Jan 13, 2020 5:35 PM

Feb 2019
Habakuk said:
HOOfan_1 said:

I am pretty sure this isn't even only his second rodeo. If I remember correctly they talked about it in episode 2? and he said something like "Don't want that to be my fourth" or something like that. Have to rewatch that part. So I guess this one was now his fourth 'victim".
Meh...I don't know but I am sure he didn't say second.
If you think about it that ability alone makes him freaking dangerous.

That was a weird scene...because I think he meant the 5th one he caught not caused to commit suicide, but the way that conversation flowed made it hard to distinguish
Jan 13, 2020 9:02 PM

Jul 2016
Man, I'm really enjoying this premise and the anime's way of studying the criminal psyche is super intriguing.

Very good episode overall. Way better than the first two, being honest. Sakaido's past with his wife and daughter was both interesting and quite sad to know. With your daughter being killed in such brutal way, no wonder why he acts so indifferent towards criminals. I especially found his talk with the bomber to be rather "enjoyable" as well as a good way to give him more characterization. Personally can't wait to get more info about his circumstances.

Regarding the case, it was indeed solved rather quickly but it wasn't that complex to begin with so the sequence of events didn't feel rushed nor confusing in the slightest.
Jan 13, 2020 11:46 PM

Jan 2018
eWEQRW123123 said:

Did I miss something? Where they did mention that he drove 5 of them to suicide?

hell is other people
Jan 13, 2020 11:56 PM
Aug 2018
iAmAileenCom said:
eWEQRW123123 said:

Did I miss something? Where they did mention that he drove 5 of them to suicide?

Episode 2 at 19 minutes.

Dialogue: 0,0:19:02.04,0:19:06.54,Default,,0,0,0,,While we're on the subject, remember that\Nyou dive to assist the investigation...
Dialogue: 0,0:19:06.54,0:19:09.91,Default,,0,0,0,,...not to root out the killer's\Nmental weakness.
Dialogue: 0,0:19:09.91,0:19:12.95,Default,,0,0,0,,You drove some to suicide.\NI don't want a repeat.
Dialogue: 0,0:19:14.79,0:19:16.87,Default,,0,0,0,,A repeat?
Dialogue: 0,0:19:16.87,0:19:20.58,Default,,0,0,0,,Don't you mean a five-peat?
People with low average anime scores don't have high standards. They are just bad at choosing good anime to watch.
Jan 14, 2020 12:18 AM

Jan 2018
eWEQRW123123 said:
iAmAileenCom said:

Episode 2 at 19 minutes.

Dialogue: 0,0:19:02.04,0:19:06.54,Default,,0,0,0,,While we're on the subject, remember that\Nyou dive to assist the investigation...
Dialogue: 0,0:19:06.54,0:19:09.91,Default,,0,0,0,,...not to root out the killer's\Nmental weakness.
Dialogue: 0,0:19:09.91,0:19:12.95,Default,,0,0,0,,You drove some to suicide.\NI don't want a repeat.
Dialogue: 0,0:19:14.79,0:19:16.87,Default,,0,0,0,,A repeat?
Dialogue: 0,0:19:16.87,0:19:20.58,Default,,0,0,0,,Don't you mean a five-peat?

Ooooh thanks! I forgot that one.

so yeah, now that I think about it, maybe they DO want kill them, they just can't be honest about it that's why they're there LOL they're also just waiting for the first guy to be persuaded too haha, well now that's a inadvertent yet savage way to get rid of criminals without dirtying their hands :)))

hell is other people
Jan 14, 2020 5:44 AM
Jul 2018
I wonder if the murdered girl have relation with the detective

Jan 14, 2020 6:09 AM

Jan 2018
Sakaido's one heck of a dark guy. Forcing the Pyrotechnician to suicide just because he could not agree to his ideals. Shame.

I still want to know more about the backstory of his family. Especially to his daughter. Can't wait.
Jan 14, 2020 7:10 AM

Jan 2008
Nainu_ said:
Forcing the Pyrotechnician to suicide just because he could not agree to his ideals. Shame.

Uhm, no. 1st, he didn't force him. 2nd, he made him kill himself because he belittled his daughter's death.
Jan 14, 2020 7:40 AM

Jun 2013
I liked the first two episodes, but this was fantastic!
Jan 14, 2020 12:32 PM

Sep 2018
The Ed is fire. This season is gonna be good asf
Jan 14, 2020 2:54 PM

Jul 2017
To see Sakaido's family mixed within the confines of his detective work, and then brutally murdered, it's just sad.

But the thing about the "id well" is pretty much a vessel within another, a "pilot" for the real world with implications. The well, to invade identifies (hence the name i-d:invaded).

Plus, on Sakaido's side, diving into the case (or "well" rather) of serial killers, with the Pyrotechnician and Kaeru's mystery suicide. While the scientists help on the outside world, Sakaido helps to solve from within, the big picture (which thank God, this Sniper/Pyrotechnician case is as straightforward as it gets).

The conversation thereafter between Sakaido and the Pyrotechnician is somewhat calm, but collected. The epitome of extreme reality in each person, whether dead or alive with never-ending hallucinations.

I'd thought that Ei Aoki has lost his touch of directing anime after quite sometime, but this episode redeemed the losing interest with the slow infodump that's just nice and taking centerstage with the various wells of people's identities.
Jan 14, 2020 4:40 PM

Dec 2016
uninstallthegame said:
other than that, what was the point of that call to suicide? is he erasing unworthy humans that way?

it gave some clues to his past, I mean he made him commit suicide because that guy mentioned Sakaido daughter in bad way.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Jan 14, 2020 4:47 PM

Dec 2016
DmonHiro said:
Nainu_ said:
Forcing the Pyrotechnician to suicide just because he could not agree to his ideals. Shame.

Uhm, no. 1st, he didn't force him.

Yes he did, he clearly knew what to say to make him to commit suicide it wasn't by accident or just crash of different opinion. It was his intention.
Manga recommendation:
Anime recommendation:
Jan 14, 2020 5:16 PM

Jan 2008
Nieznajomy43 said:
Yes he did, he clearly knew what to say to make him to commit suicide it wasn't by accident or just crash of different opinion. It was his intention.

That's not "forcing" that's "coercing". Forcing someone to kill himself is like "I'll stop torturing you if you kill yourself". Coercing someone to kill himself is like "There's really no point in you being alive. You'll never feel any joy ever again". That's what he did.
Jan 14, 2020 9:48 PM
Aug 2019
deg said:
ok so it seems they are entering a copy of an unconscious mind then rather than directly entering the mind of a criminal

and this copy of unconscious mind is a leftover on the crime scene called cognition particles then

and Kaeru might be a tool (Kaeru is his dead daughter) for him to remember his self especially that he is a detective entering the copy of an unconscious mind

Kaeru is not his daughter, a fact that he reminds himself repeatedly. I think it is a character generated by the Mizuhanome, along with some of the other settings.

Whenever he enters an ID Well, Narihisago forgets everything. You can see it like the pre-set of a game where you are Sakaido the brilliant detective and you always have to solve Kaeru's murder case, which is not the actual case to be solved.
Jan 14, 2020 9:50 PM

Jan 2009
FullmetalPrince said:
deg said:
ok so it seems they are entering a copy of an unconscious mind then rather than directly entering the mind of a criminal

and this copy of unconscious mind is a leftover on the crime scene called cognition particles then

and Kaeru might be a tool (Kaeru is his dead daughter) for him to remember his self especially that he is a detective entering the copy of an unconscious mind

Kaeru is not his daughter, a fact that he reminds himself repeatedly. I think it is a character generated by the Mizuhanome, along with some of the other settings.

Whenever he enters an ID Well, Narihisago forgets everything. You can see it like the pre-set of a game where you are Sakaido the brilliant detective and you always have to solve Kaeru's murder case, which is not the actual case to be solved.

like i said im talking figuratively rather than literally so obviously Kaeru is not his daughter in a literal sense but symbolically or metaphorically she is his daughter
Jan 15, 2020 6:57 AM

Dec 2016
DmonHiro said:
Nieznajomy43 said:

That's not "forcing" that's "coercing". Forcing someone to kill himself is like "I'll stop torturing you if you kill yourself". Coercing someone to kill himself is like "There's really no point in you being alive. You'll never feel any joy ever again". That's what he did.

Sorry, english isn't my first language but after what I read I still consider "forcing" and "coercing" as the same thing in this situation.

Coercion involves the use of threats or intimidation to force someone to do something against their will. - https://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-charges/what-is-coercion-law.html

Coerce:
to compel by force, intimidation, or authority, especially without regard for individual desire or volition: They coerced him into signing the document.
to bring about through the use of force or other forms of compulsion; exact: to coerce obedience.
to dominate or control, especially by exploiting fear, anxiety, etc.: The state is based on successfully coercing the individual.
Words related to coerce:
bully, intimidate, suppress, repress, strong-arm, browbeat, terrorize, hinder, bulldoze, force, cow, urge, oblige, make, drive, impel, beset, push, threaten, constrain
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/coerce

Coercion is the practice of forcing another party to act in an involuntary manner by use of threats or force.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coercion

[qoute] As nouns the difference between force and coercion is that force is strength or energy of body or mind; active power; vigour; might; capacity of exercising an influence or producing an effect or force can be (countable|northern england) a waterfall or cascade while coercion is (not countable) actual or threatened force for the purpose of compelling action by another person; the act of coerce|coercing.

As a verb force is (lb) to violate (a woman); to rape or force can be to stuff; to lard; to farce.
https://wikidiff.com/force/coercion [/qoute]
Manga recommendation:
Anime recommendation:
Jan 15, 2020 11:38 AM
Jul 2018
It was a good episode in general.. It is getting more interesting after each episode >.<
Jan 15, 2020 1:46 PM

Apr 2016
This episode was pretty good. I’m very curious about Sakaido, I mean the real person, he has a complex name in real life xD
Jan 19, 2020 9:24 PM

May 2016
Fuck so this is dark

I'm really liking the protagonist. A very interesting, tragic and gruff, intelligent character. And it's a nice change to have a protag that (seems to be at least?) over 30 years old. And he's voiced very well too, can't believe I didn't realise its the same VA as Overhaul, Ogata from Golden Kamuy and Atomic Samurai. I think I just found/realised a new favourite VA. He doesn't seem to have the most incredible range but man I really love his voice.

I think my biggest complaint with this show right now is that there is definitely a bit too many "don't think about it too much" moments and plot holes. A lot of "what..??"s and cheeky coincidences with where the prisoner ended up this ep, the photo he was allowed... And several other things I tried not to think too much about.
ZaugrJan 19, 2020 9:47 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2020 9:53 PM

Feb 2015
I found this episode not that complex as the first two. John Walker didn’t appear this time. I’m not understanding Hondomachi, she got drilled the last episode and she’s there like nothing, she had a surgery, but a trauma or something must be there, I don’t know, that character is strange. Muku’s murder is something crude.
Jan 21, 2020 2:33 PM

Nov 2016
Ok this episode got me hooked.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 22, 2020 6:35 AM

Dec 2014
ok so the detective killed somebody too..... I want to know what is his story
Jan 23, 2020 12:13 PM

Aug 2018
This was super good episode
Jan 25, 2020 6:09 AM

Mar 2012
I'm not liking this anime, the writer is conveniently using the sci-fi aspect to avoid thinking up of the deduction aspect. Still curious about the detective's backstory though, that's the only thing preventing me from dropping this so far.
Jan 25, 2020 4:16 PM

Aug 2017
We know how his daughter died.

Another serial killer and Sakaido talked that guy into suicide. I didn't care about him but it was interesting that he committed suicide.

Good episode. 4/5
NurguburuJan 25, 2020 4:21 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 27, 2020 3:19 AM

Apr 2015
It's like gourmet mac and cheese.

Well seasoned, cooked right, but still mac and cheese.
Jan 28, 2020 6:57 PM
Jan 2017
This series is really testing my patience. On one hand, it was fun watching Sakaido deconstruct that criminal and display how broken he himself has become after losing family. On the other hand, there's no reason for me to get emotionally invested in him or anyone else in particular. I was never expecting a happy and lighthearted story in a series about exploring criminal motivations but without something to get emotionally attached to, I might have to drop this show.
Feb 3, 2020 7:58 PM
Mar 2015
Nice to see the Pyrotechnichian get his
Feb 9, 2020 8:35 PM
Sep 2017
The MC is a badass. Overall, this was a fantastic episode.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 10, 2020 7:09 PM
Aug 2016
This episode was enjoyable, i found it more engaging then episode 2. This case is cool and so is how he has to analyze the situation with no memory each time he enters the ‘well’. Some parts of this show can be hard to follow. They pass time really quickly with out really telling the viewer. I’m not sure if this episode took place over 2 days or 3. We got more information on Sakaido’s background in regards to his family’s death. In episode 2 I thought he may be a criminal as he sleeps in a cell. We still didn’t get any information on that unless I missed it. He says he is a brilliant detective and I believe him but why does he sleep in a cell beside the other murderers??
Feb 23, 2020 8:17 PM

Jan 2015
Am I going stupid or is the narration too confusing? I liked the idea but they barely explained what was happening
Mar 8, 2020 11:27 PM

Feb 2019
I can listen to my boi Kaiki everyday, such a great asmr voice

love this anime
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Apr 19, 2020 9:17 AM

Apr 2016
Interesting sniper case this episode.

Man that hospitalized girl really bears a striking resemblence to Sakaido's daughter.
May 13, 2020 11:29 PM

Mar 2015
This is why you don't trigger other people. Sakaido was all fine and chill the whole time except the moment his daughter was mentioned.

First time I've seen someone in anime actually get triggered and be scary
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Id:Invaded Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2020

202 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » ID:Invaded Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2019

106 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
Today, 4:55 AM

» Spoilers problem

Quarter034 - Nov 8, 2023

2 by Kristiwazhere »»
Mar 16, 3:01 PM

Poll: » ID:Invaded Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2019

128 by RobotFK »»
Feb 8, 11:39 AM

Poll: » Id:Invaded Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2020

100 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 23, 2023 12:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.