Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 13, 2020 1:20 AM

May 2015
I love how Kanamori with her shark-like snarl and her focusing on financial and material problems personifies the producers of anime industry. Without her negotiation skills, capability of problem solving and down-to-earth thinking the other two’s unbridled creativity would be wasted and never find a way to become materialised as an anime.
IshitatesoJan 13, 2020 2:23 AM
Jan 13, 2020 1:29 AM

Aug 2013
So simplistic in style yet so damn enjoyable in execution
Don't believe the hype.
Jan 13, 2020 2:17 AM

Jan 2015
Kanamori is best girl, fight me
Jan 13, 2020 5:05 AM

Jul 2014
Wow, I feel like I'm the only person not remotely on board with anything this show is doing. Yes, it has a lot of charm and fun animation, but that's it. It's completely by the numbers otherwise, and it doesn't help that I don't like Asakusa at all.

I was hoping there would be substance here to match Yuasa's usual stylistic quirks, but I'm not seeing it so I'm done. Also, I absolutely detest Easy Breezy, so I'm glad I won't ever hear it again now.
Jan 13, 2020 5:58 AM

Dec 2014
Very charming episode again.

Loved the parts where they decorated the clubhouse. Also loving how Kanamori is portrayed in direct contrast to the other two.
Jan 13, 2020 6:46 AM
May 2017
so it IS kinda like Bakuman, huh.
Love the technical approach they are taking.
Jan 13, 2020 7:01 AM

Aug 2017
I can't stop smiling while watching this!
Animation for me is superb and the plot too, refreshing compare to Isekai genre.

Jan 13, 2020 7:16 AM

Jan 2020
We need more Engrish!
Asakusa's ''Yes'' and ''That's right'' is the new ''OH MY GOD''
Also her hat is the best
...-su.
Jan 13, 2020 8:20 AM
Aug 2018
I think I must've missed something. I absolutely adored episode 1, it was fantastic. But episode 2 looked consistently bad throughout and followed a near-identical plot structure to the first. I still love these characters, I still enjoy this story, but I can't help but feel like this episode just looks really bad.
Jan 13, 2020 9:42 AM

Nov 2014
i love the tall girl's backpack:

it's such an interesting design lol

i also love how the teacher's lounge is in the drained swimming pool lol
and i love how the sound affect of the flying craft is voiced by actual people lol
Jan 13, 2020 10:34 AM

Jun 2012
Yuasa boyyys, loved first and second episode.
Jan 13, 2020 11:43 AM
May 2019
It's was super fun to watch it just shows how difficult it is to make anime, I love blending of reality and fantasy.
This was so meta😮

Jan 13, 2020 5:49 PM
Jul 2016
I love this show so much! I love how they referenced the "where's the middle position" (check out the "More on Spacing" chapter in the The Animator's Survival Kit if curious). It's all analog too, so it gives it this rustic feel. I usually don't watch anime while it's airing, but this is an exception.

9/10, but only because it fits into my small niche of interests lol....
Jan 13, 2020 6:43 PM
Nov 2018
Honestly, I don't get the hype. I've seen similar "creativity" shows but I don't see the 8+/10 charm. Is it because of Yuasa? Like Kojima and Death Stranding?

Just hollow hype?
Jan 13, 2020 7:27 PM

Mar 2016
Jonchat said:
I think I must've missed something. I absolutely adored episode 1, it was fantastic. But episode 2 looked consistently bad throughout and followed a near-identical plot structure to the first. I still love these characters, I still enjoy this story, but I can't help but feel like this episode just looks really bad.

Hard agree here. I work with a lot of 2D and 3D animation, so the intense animation discussion was all well and good, but the actual story for the show worries me. Episode one came off real strong, and I'm hoping that this episode was meant to just shove as much exposition as possible so that all the viewers are acquainted w/ the technology...but I also fear the coming episodes will just be like this one. No real stakes, some magical realism thrown in, aaand that's that. Episode 3 is going to be the make or break point for me, I think. I'll still watch it, but if every episode is like this, it's going to rank waaay lower on the Yuasa tier list. I have hope though! Seeing all the crazy shit Yuasa has done in the past, I'm sure he can make this an extremely memorable show.
Jan 13, 2020 8:45 PM
Aug 2018
BongHits4Shinji said:
Jonchat said:

Hard agree here. I work with a lot of 2D and 3D animation, so the intense animation discussion was all well and good, but the actual story for the show worries me. Episode one came off real strong, and I'm hoping that this episode was meant to just shove as much exposition as possible so that all the viewers are acquainted w/ the technology...but I also fear the coming episodes will just be like this one. No real stakes, some magical realism thrown in, aaand that's that. Episode 3 is going to be the make or break point for me, I think. I'll still watch it, but if every episode is like this, it's going to rank waaay lower on the Yuasa tier list. I have hope though! Seeing all the crazy shit Yuasa has done in the past, I'm sure he can make this an extremely memorable show.

This is my first Yuasa show because since I got into anime I never put much time into anything other than seasonals starting back in about summer of '18. I have friends who highly recommend Yuasa's works and the biggest one is always Ping Pong, which I know to have some "unique" animation to say the least. I do genuinely hope this is an infodump cause otherwise I kinda feel like I have to drop this show. Even if the story continues as it is, I might be okay, but it'd be iffy, and that's coming from someone who reads nearly every isekai he can find, which has chapters of infodumps. It was bothersome, but I personally find all of the animation to be much worse. I have calmed down a bit over my strong dislike of it since watching the episode, but I really hope there is a return to the form of episode 1. It was one of my favorite first episodes in anime, and this was one of my least favorite second episodes in anime, making this experience a rollercoaster I seem to want to jump off of.
Jan 13, 2020 10:56 PM
Mar 2015
Great line "It is fictional ,so we will be fine"
Jan 14, 2020 3:33 AM

Apr 2015
There's definitely a cap on this show's potential but it's still such an excitement to watch.
Jan 14, 2020 3:50 AM

Jul 2017
The trio of girls want to make anime, NOT films, but through Kanamori's judgment, the Eizouken Club is formed, and fast. A dream within a facade, just brilliant!

Damn, now the OP's catchy I can't get it out of my head, something like FLCL's "Ride On Shooting Star" by The Pillows.

The power of imagination starts from scratch, and Asakura definitely got that straightforward, but without resources. What Kanamori's aiming for is like current TV broadcasters' "not-so-top secret" tried and true phonics.

Plus, getting the basics of anime production in a jiffy so that the Eizouken (Motion Pictures Club) can take shape. A nice learning lesson point to consider that's not giving them the runt of the profit (in full-on meta).

Xstasy said:
This was so meta😮

As said before, the artstyle is very super and unique to Yuasa's style that it stands out in a majestic way, a style that's lost in time memorandum. Definitely a show to watch for this season!
Jan 14, 2020 8:19 AM

Sep 2019
Honestly, the animation style feels like a breath of fresh air. It isn't perfect, but it's different in a rather nice way, especially when it turns into concept art style. Didn't know it was by the same guy who did Devilman CB, which was quite the nice surprise.

There's other "create anime" anime out there, but considering this is set in a... different (?) world, it seems to be at least a bit different; but that leaves me just wondering where it'll go in terms of direction.

I will certainly say I like the characters in terms of both design and personality.
"You know you've reached peak quality when a doujin is better than the actual source series." (Eg. To LOVE-Ru)

Just to list a couple of biases.
Likes: A good story, characters, writing, romance, a good plot twist or something that breaks expectations (In a good way), 'backstory' and justice.
Dislikes: Bad romance, too much fanservice, the harem genre, yuri, yaoi, and bad writing.

Jan 14, 2020 8:29 AM

Jul 2019
The opening alone is a treat.It is just so fun to see the chemistry between the 3 of them play out. Judging by the informative bits this time I wonder just how far the show will go to depict anime production.

Oh, and I really like Kanamori and her management qualities.
SeygneurJan 14, 2020 8:34 AM
Jan 14, 2020 11:15 AM

Nov 2018
These 3 have such tight chemistry.
This anime is amazing. Very inspirational work.
Jan 14, 2020 12:12 PM

Jul 2016
They should have sold those couches, honestly.

Though not as strong as the first one, it was still another good episode. The first half was indeed a bit boring but once the trio found the old equipment, things became more entertaining. They really won the lottery with that deposit, not gonna lie.
Jan 14, 2020 1:03 PM

Apr 2016
It’s an another interesting episode, I think this will be a good series.
Jan 14, 2020 5:15 PM

Sep 2018
All I can say is WOW!!!!
A big salute to all animators! This anime explain more about anime production, love it ❤
Jan 14, 2020 6:41 PM

Mar 2019
-Seiya- said:
sayaka kanamori best girl of the season i'm calling it
-Seiya- said:
sayaka kanamori best girl of the season i'm calling it

I'll 1-up you and call best girl of the year
Jan 15, 2020 6:30 AM
Jul 2019
Oh shit this might be my favorite show for this season. The episode went by too quick ya'll
Jan 15, 2020 4:41 PM

Jun 2013
Kanamori is best girl hands down.

Asakusa would've shot herself in the foot and bled to death if it weren`t for Kanamori and her aggressive yet convincing negotiation skills. Thanks to her, they were able to convince their sensei to let them make an anime film.
臭い-
Jan 15, 2020 6:54 PM
Aug 2018
Kanamori is such a killjoy. Her monotone voice and lack of expresson is bad enough to kill the mood. Maybe it is to counterbalance the hyperactivness of Midori and Tsubame but it is still annoying.
People with low average anime scores don't have high standards. They are just bad at choosing good anime to watch.
Jan 16, 2020 8:19 AM
May 2016
Xenocrisi said:
Kanamori is best girl, fight me

Totally agree she is carrying the show so far.
Jan 17, 2020 7:34 AM

Oct 2017
Lmao that last scene, they are in for some serious trouble.
Jan 17, 2020 5:31 PM

Jul 2014
Shows like this one make you realize how bland most anime are. Eizouken shouldn't feel so unique but it does, because every other show in this genre looks the same.
Jan 18, 2020 8:52 AM

Jun 2015
Kanamori's arguments for their new club were really clever.
Judging by that club room conditions and traditional animation parafernalia, it's a pretty old one.
Jan 18, 2020 10:28 AM

Jan 2016
Mizusaki's shouting voice is really annoying. It's AOTS already because I don't think anything else is even close to this.
Jan 19, 2020 12:41 AM

Dec 2014
Kanamori is carrying the show for me so far. That snark and sense of practicality gives life to her character where the other two girls can be simply defined as loud and "anime is love, anime is life", which can get real annoying.

Also I thought Asakusa was a dude. RIP me.
I need sleep.
Jan 21, 2020 2:01 AM
Jan 2018
BongHits4Shinji said:
Jonchat said:

what real stakes are your expecting
Jan 21, 2020 1:35 PM

Mar 2016
Mattinator95 said:

what real stakes are your expecting

I was expecting the stakes would be that they needed to produce anime in secret because there was already an anime club. But at the end of the episode, Kanamori just confronts the teacher anyway and says well whatever, we're making anime. To be fair, ep 3 established a new kind of stake for their debut anime, but that plot tension of making something in secret was basically erased (not sure if they did that to accurately reflect the manga or not) . Now it seems the main obstacle they'll have to overcome is getting the motivation to actually make an anime, which I like. I think that's a good, relatable inner conflict. I just wish they didn't dash the other conflict so quickly. Also now that ep 3 is out, the make/break point I talked about in my post is totally leaning towards "make" lol, great episode and I have high hopes for the series.

Jan 24, 2020 4:04 AM
Sep 2018
nihilreich said:
IMDB says Yuasa only directed the first ep, but i heard he directed the whole show from other people, anybody knows which one is the case?
As with pretty much any anime the director isn't in charge of everything. Here are some articles about the production:

https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2020/01/06/keep-your-hands-off-eizouken-01-production-notes/

https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2020/01/17/keep-your-hands-off-eizouken-02-production-notes/
Feb 5, 2020 12:46 AM

Aug 2018
A very Good Episode
Mar 21, 2020 11:51 AM

Apr 2016
I love how Azakusa looks so shittily drawn in the final scene as she and her family react to the video of her falling. She's so fucking embarrassed that it's showing in front of them that she's literally malformed. I love the visuals of this show so much.
Apr 13, 2020 7:52 AM

Oct 2017
Damn I had a good time learning all about the different materials animators use. It's really interesting ngl, since I always had an interest in art materials.
MOOD
Apr 16, 2020 8:39 AM

Sep 2019
I've watched bakuman series and in that show they had created manga for years to get there work serialized.

And these bitches think making anime is child's play.
Apr 16, 2020 8:40 AM

Sep 2019
nerd_64 said:
Damn I had a good time learning all about the different materials animators use. It's really interesting ngl, since I always had an interest in art materials.
MOOD
then watch the actual shit other then watching this anime.
Apr 17, 2020 3:29 AM

Feb 2018
Looking for Kanamori so cute.
Aug 18, 2020 3:05 AM

Jul 2015
Really thought they would create a feature film about the production on anime or something to keep the club going...but Kanamori threatening the guy is also good. Interesting to see the animation process from the old analog days.

Nov 14, 2020 1:41 PM

Jul 2017
"Animators were getting paid how much for each drawing?"

"We're not getting paid anything, Mizusaki!"

That was a nice cheeky cry for help/dig at the industry there lol.

The episode overall was okay but at the same time, it just feels a bit stagnant to me beyond the nice tutorial-like exposition on equipment used by anime production and some nice, creative looking keyframes that come to life where the characters get sucked in there that look well done by Science SARU.

For the amount of creativity and focus shown to even the smallest details when observing the environment and trying to bring that to life by drawing and animating it, the story feels unfocused still. In the previous episode, I did talk about how it felt to get lost in my own stories at times when I was writing them but here, it felt a bit unnecessary to go that far to get lost in it here. It just didn't strike with me much, and some of the comedy beyond what I mentioned above fell a bit flat for me.

Weaker than the last episode for sure imo. Again, flashes of creativity are there but at the same time, a bit dull and unfocused too substance wise.
Feb 4, 2021 6:38 AM

Mar 2015
They've established a base of operations, nice!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 23, 2021 1:20 PM

Aug 2017
I wonder why the -shi honorific is in use by Sayaka and Midori. It's strange.

The joint Iso/Ohira/Inoue anime was never shown, and it seems they never worked on a TV show together in reality. The only candidate is "Omoide Poroporo" by Takahata but it was a movie. And here I was hoping to find a reference!

There was a frame where Kanamori's glasses were of different size, lol. On the train station.

The teacher's room is in such a place lol. And those crosses.

Another noticeable thing is that the characters sometimes talk over each other. I think it's not actually that common.

Hot springs? What is Sayaka doing with her money hmm.
Jun 29, 2021 5:46 AM

May 2017
Not realy my kind of anime for now , Mizusaki is quite cute and that tall girl is quite fearsome , but i dont like the imagination part , for now 6/10 , almost 5

As long as its not a 4 or less , its fun to watch ,
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Sep 4, 2021 7:24 PM

Aug 2011
Midori's VA sounds sooo close to Luffy's that I sometimes can't tell that they're different people. Even the way Midori acts is like Luffy
desu desu binches
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2020

144 by Perrin4869 »»
Apr 22, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2020

76 by Kristiwazhere »»
Apr 11, 7:11 PM

Poll: » Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2020

100 by poguschampus »»
Apr 6, 5:42 PM

Poll: » Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 19, 2020

98 by little_raven »»
Mar 9, 7:39 PM

Poll: » Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2020

92 by ibanezpunkotaku »»
Dec 25, 2023 1:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.