Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Dorohedoro Episode 1 Discussion

Jan 15, 6:57 AM

WTF! that was awesome

Jan 15, 9:10 AM

Some questionable CGI here and there aside, the first episode looked great! Nothing was cut or rushed, the atmosphere is there and I absolutely love the music. We should be greatful we are getting a Dorohedoro anime at all, the manga is awesome, but also quite niche all things considered.

RayReynolds said:
He screams constantly like a hyperactive toddler and is just plain invincible to everything so far. That's literally his power.

He's not really invincible to everything, just to direct magic manipulations.

Jan 15, 1:10 PM

Decent start 4/5 for me. Was looking forward to this anime, heard great things of the manga through the years but after watching the first episode I'm honestly not that fulfilled or hyped as i expected to be, maybe my expectations is playing me a bad turn.

Don't get me wrong i enjoyed the episode but i felt like i was watching the 3rd episode of the series, i didn't find it to be that solid of a introduction "pilot" episode, it didn't feel that much like the start of a story but then the style is supposed to be wacky and non conventional so i guess we cant expect it to have a traditional structure. I will definitely keep watching though.

Jan 15, 9:30 PM
Honestly rewatching again I actually do think the animation is good. They took really good advantage of the CGI at least during the action scenes, the first bit and then the double-team with Kaiman and Nikaido subduing Ebisu was actually really well done and had some really great flow to it. Hope the rest of the show can keep this sort of CGI usage.

Jan 16, 7:39 PM
I loved the fact that they dont messed up with the gore scenes. The anime is fantastic beautiful and I hope they continue like this!

Jan 16, 9:51 PM
Omg I am speechless!
I wasn't expecting a gore anime
I am in love!
IMO the best anime in this season

Jan 16, 10:39 PM

Great screams, great action loved it!

Jan 16, 11:53 PM

Really invigorating show so far. The CGI doesn't look too bad but there are some angles that make it look cheap. I think this series is gonna be a fun ride! It feels like something straight out of a comic book but with that junkie aesthetic lol

Jan 17, 3:36 AM

Geez what did that girl ever do to crocodile mc and thicc mc? Is she gone just like that, her face got removed lol don't tell me she's just a random person, coz she feels quit important

Jan 17, 3:56 AM

YggdraSEED said:
Geez what did that girl ever do to crocodile mc and thicc mc? Is she gone just like that, her face got removed lol don't tell me she's just a random person, coz she feels quit important

Jan 17, 5:06 AM
That was weird as hell.

Jan 17, 10:37 AM

Woah! This is pretty good! The CGI in anime is honestly improving really well, and this is a pretty good example of that. I love the apocalyptic, almost steampunk aesthetic! And, you know, I love me my edgy gurofest anime. I'm definitely sticking around for this one!

Jan 17, 11:47 AM
Ngl, I’m actually really enjoyed this first episode. It instantly hooked me in, and the overall plot of the show and characters are both very interesting. I can’t wait to see where this anime will go. Also the cgi isn’t as bad as expected!

Jan 17, 2:14 PM

I liked it.
True to the original story and no censorship.

Didn't expect that OP and ED tho lol, but it fits to the weirdness.

Jan 17, 2:38 PM

It's bloody, surreal, with sweet art and great music - oh yeah this episode got me very intrigued.

Jan 17, 3:30 PM
Interesting setting. Unique artwork. Story and characters haven't yet hooked me, but will probably keep watching out of curiosity.

Got a similar feeling when I first started watching something like Mob Psycho 100, so we'll see how this turns out.

3/5

Jan 18, 2:08 AM

Love En's voice. perfect fit for this badass motherfucker.

Same can't be said for Noi unfortunately. I hate Kobayashi Yuu :/

Best girl Ebisu too cute, even with her face torn off. Can't wait for her derpy adventures.

Overall all not nearly as bad I had feared.

Jan 18, 3:09 AM
Katsuki1344 said:
Amazing
They censored Ebisu's face damage
But still amazing.

I think the censor works well. The show still shows Ebisu's skin on Kaiman's teeth which is jarring. It's gruesome enough to let your imaginations play around and haunt your perception of what damage has been done on her. Pretty freaking creepy imo

Jan 18, 3:46 AM
Klimat said:
YggdraSEED said:

Don't really wanna discuss manga here, but

Jan 18, 5:34 AM

Pretty good first episode, but i still don't like how it looks, the CG is mediocre and the movements are awkward, the whole thing doesn't look as dirty as it should either, specially the characters, in part due to said CG.
There's also something i don't like about this Niakido, i think her face is a bit too small and it throws me off, she's super cute in the manga, but here...

Jan 18, 6:19 AM

It was okay. MAPPA are good at original stuff and when adapting they are good at the adaption - but they adapt boring stuff.

The setting is cool. Backgrounds and the dirty/steampunky feeling. But the comedy/plot and the chars seem "okay-ish" only. Not really in the mood to watch more of this since I don't like guys with animal-heads.

Jan 18, 7:11 AM

I already love this anime!

Jan 18, 1:22 PM
8/10 First episode, quite enjoyable!

Love the voice acting work on Kaiman, idk just makes me smile a lot.

The CGI doesn't seem as bad as I thought it would be, and at least I'm not bothered much.

Looking forward to seeing next episode!

Jan 18, 10:18 PM

WOW! that was disturbingly weird but cleverly fantastic!
5/5.

Jan 19, 2:46 AM

jerryjoonie said:
Klimat said:

Jan 19, 3:20 AM
Klimat said:
jerryjoonie said:

Jan 19, 6:57 AM

jerryjoonie said:
Klimat said:

Jan 19, 2:09 PM
Sendo sincero, achei esse primeiro episódio bem confuso.E o anime conta com muita animação em 3D, um pouco de comédia, e além de muito sangur hehe

Jan 19, 2:20 PM

I don’t know what to think of this yet, this was weird. Enjoyed the gore though and Caiman is funny.

And was it me or is the pacing a bit too fast or out of the place?

Jan 19, 3:18 PM

HaarWyvern said:
I'm so affraid to watch this, the manga is soooo good and I don't like MAPPA's works. :'(

Just trick yourself into thinking it's an audiobook then.

shiro_kai said:
The buzz around this one was pretty big but the episode was pretty meh. This together with the lack of subs and cheap CGI will probably make it a forgetable anime of this season

Who are you? Forgot.

Jan 19, 9:19 PM
n e k o

Probably going to get shit for this, but I didn’t like this adaptation, especially the CGI. The art makes them look doughy and bloated. Caiman’s character design isn’t right. His spikes and teeth should be longer. The art just doesn’t measure up to the manga. I’ll try a few more episodes but it’s awful.

Jan 19, 11:09 PM
Klimat said:
jerryjoonie said:

Jan 20, 11:17 AM
I am kind of dissatisfied with Kaiman's seiyuu. I liked the seiyuu as Tokagero in Shaman king amongst other roles but I am not liking him in this. I am also not liking the attempts at humour.
Otherwise, I like the setting and feeling of hole.
Is it just me or does Nikaido make someone nostalgic for Meliodas??

Jan 20, 11:36 AM
The main characters don't seem likeable at all so far. Character designs are not to my taste either. It feels like the anime is trying to make me enjoy the fact that the MC is OP before their personality and reason for being on their side is established. Hope the next episode is better.

Yesterday, 7:34 AM
Did not know what to expect going in the first ep with knowing nothing about the manga/show and all I can say is that I am impressed. The flow of 2D and CGI is p well done imo and I don't find it cringey. Oh and absolutely loving the gore
Modified by loeyeol, Yesterday, 7:38 AM

Yesterday, 10:03 AM
The first episode has got me interested in learning more of this world. Why does it remind me of Akira so much. Is it the art style or the brutal nature of the violence

Yesterday, 7:49 PM
I was expecting poor CGI but actually it is not that bad, Episode 1 was very enjoyable.

Yesterday, 9:57 PM
I really freakin hate cgi but I love everything else about this show. Actually when cgi is done right like in Demon Slayer I like it but when it's 100% cgi just ewwww. Still cool show there's so many unique anime this season i feel like.

Yesterday, 10:05 PM

Such a gorey anime
interesting
DELIVERY sig by 2019 SS. Thank you very much <3 I love MDZS, there wasn't really a order except alphabetical on my favs list :D

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]