Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 11, 2020 4:54 AM
Jun 2015
Hebi_op said:
There's only one word for this episode: ASSPULL.
Yes. Eris abilty was completely random and so was his bullshit power up. This shows gone way down hill since season 1 and 2
Jan 11, 2020 4:57 AM

May 2019
That 100% punch breaks walls and such like they're glass. With that punch, Chisaki's face should've been a bloody cocktail.

But knowing BNHA, he probably didn't even die lol
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Jan 11, 2020 4:58 AM
Aug 2016
KamikazeKeeg said:
Hebi_op said:
But the fact is that Nighteye should predict 100% what is going to happen, no matter what. Like, he should've saw with his quirk that Deku would use 100% and all, but SOMEHOW he wasn't right. Wanna call it asspull? Fine. Plot armor? Definitely. But it's something i can't really digest at all.

The story this whole season was building up to this moment, that despite what he has said, maybe Nighteye's power isn't guaranteed every time, that Deku somehow broke the mold, it's clearly important to the story and to Nighteye's very character. The whole point of this show is literally setting up that Deku becomes the greatest hero, so nothing about this is really out of place.

I know and you're right but this setup kinda disappointed me. Not that it's a huge problem but still..
Jan 11, 2020 4:59 AM
Sep 2017
shane_nichols said:
Hebi_op said:
There's only one word for this episode: ASSPULL.
Yes. Eris abilty was completely random and so was his bullshit power up. This shows gone way down hill since season 1 and 2

they left traces of what her ability would be all season long, the chisaki even said she was the demon before
Jan 11, 2020 5:02 AM
Jun 2015
-Aincrad- said:
Hebi_op said:

Then explain. Except if it's explained in the manga

That's actually the real power of One For All/Deku, when at 100%.

And he could go all out because Eri-chan was constantly healing him/rewinding him to a healthy state.

He kept breaking his bones over and over again, but Eri saved him with her Quirk.
And that was a bullshit ass pull plot device. Eris abilty came out of nowhere
Jan 11, 2020 5:03 AM

Sep 2014
Hebi_op said:
I know and you're right but this setup kinda disappointed me. Not that it's a huge problem but still..

It's fine if you don't like it, you are fully allowed to not like the direction of a story.
Jan 11, 2020 5:06 AM
Jan 2013
some Endgame shit right here

Jun 2017
I just wonder what would happen if any of the great authors of the past(Gogol, Puskin etc...) were told that a story doesn't need digressions and doesn't need setups
Hell Gogol always interrupted his most important character scenes and moments to describe personalities and stories, while Puskin did not even care about a cohesive story or the beauty of its writing
Want a better example? Take Kubrick:Slow, did not tell almost anything, he did not care about a cohesive narrative because the characters were his narrative(Well, to be precise, the environment)
What i am trying to say is this: Just because you don't like doesn't mean it's bad and please don't talk about concepts like "pacing" or "cohesiveness of a story" because you know nothing; hell i am an idiot and i don't dare to do this,i always say "in my opinion" because, like Nietzsche, said, facts do not exist, only interpretations
Why am i even writing this, civil discussions are almost dead here

4 clarifications
1. Not a big Mha fan, i did not even defend the episode or the series
2. Please go see my previous forum post regarding the "animation" part
3. I am merely talking about the "writing" part here, and the use od environment, nothing more
4. Before you use the "elitist" insult, know that i enjoy Eromanga Sensei and i watched Boku no Pico, so i am a degenerate
May our sweet and Merciful Madoka be with you
Jun 2015
Gabriel_Alves158 said:
shane_nichols said:

they left traces of what her ability would be all season long, the chisaki even said she was the demon before
That doesn't explain shit. Her abilty was just a plot device for the MC so he could win a fight.
Jan 11, 2020 5:10 AM

Jan 2013
Very weird music choice, that one song.

Nighteye shouldn't be able to speak, let alone be alive at this point lol

The fight scene animation was pretty nice at least.
Jan 11, 2020 5:14 AM

Oct 2017
AwesomeAlfie27 said:
I just wonder what would happen if any of the great authors of the past(Gogol, Puskin etc...) were told that a story doesn't need digressions and doesn't need setups
Hell Gogol always interrupted his most important character scenes and moments to describe personalities and stories, while Puskin did not even care about a cohesive story or the beauty of its writing
Want a better example? Take Kubrick:Slow, did not tell almost anything, he did not care about a cohesive narrative because the characters were his narrative(Well, to be precise, the environment)
What i am trying to say is this: Just because you don't like doesn't mean it's bad and please don't talk about concepts like "pacing" or "cohesiveness of a story" because you know nothing; hell i am an idiot and i don't dare to do this,i always say "in my opinion" because, like Nietzsche, said, facts do not exist, only interpretations
Why am i even writing this, civil discussions are almost dead here

4 clarifications
1. Not a big Mha fan, i did not even defend the episode or the series
2. Please go see my previous forum post regarding the "animation" part
3. I am merely talking about the "writing" part here, and the use od environment, nothing more
4. Before you use the "elitist" insult, know that i enjoy Eromanga Sensei and i watched Boku no Pico, so i am a degenerate

I appreciate you.
Jan 11, 2020 5:25 AM

Jun 2013
That part with Chisaki's bulging eyes looking up and Deku punching him was my favorite. I thought the animation was so-so, it was great but not amazing. I felt as if they could've done some Mob Psycho II-esque animation in the fight sequence. Eri looked adorable as always and this arc is coming to an end.
臭い-
Jan 11, 2020 5:31 AM

May 2013
Surprisingly disappointing episode. I remember reading the related manga chapter back in the day, and ever since then waiting for the animation of it. I was expecting manga-like hype levels, similar to All Might fights against Nomu and AFO.
As soon the ending started to play I immediately went "That was it? That was the big fight??"

Pacing was garbage, and I don't know who the hell was in charge of the music of this episode, but he/she should be fired. That alone ruined the episode completely.

Meh... 2/5.
MattuzmkJan 11, 2020 5:35 AM
Jan 11, 2020 5:32 AM
Mar 2013
Loved it this is probably the best episode of the serie imo.
Jan 11, 2020 5:33 AM

Jan 2016
xkazutox said:
miros said:

actually weirdly enough i wasn't being ironical , i stopped watching one piece after dressrosa , and it seem the quality had imprive alot since then because dear god after the time skip the One piece anime was a mess

and about Deku well you don't really need to "learn" how to throw some random multiple punches

As I said, it was a reference since he never did it before. You're forgetting the fact that he once struggled with only know how to punch then had to learn another way which is his shooting style, the kick. Bro, are you really watching the anime?

And do I need to hear your excuse for not able to finish a potential 1000 ep anime? You got anything else better to recommend me to watch? There's ain't many good series that are shounen action.

The pace was really slow in the anime 0,5/1 chapter per episode being really and i mean REALLY painful to watch (not to metion the drop of quality after the timeskip) so i gave up on the anime around ep 723/730 and just sticked with the manga,

about recommendations giving a quick look at your list the really good ones you already watched

there are some okaysh ones like Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas,Ushio to Tora,Konjiki no Gash Bell!!,Mushibugyou
Jan 11, 2020 5:34 AM
Oct 2019
She rewinds everything. Why doesn't she just rewind that fuckin Chisaki back to monkey just like he said? I would love to see her taking revenge from him.
Jan 11, 2020 5:35 AM
Jan 2019
this reminds me Kimetsu no Yaiba
another masterpiece the background music is beautiful as well
5/5
10/10
Jan 11, 2020 5:36 AM

Jan 2016
hikkiGOAT said:
She rewinds everything. Why doesn't she just rewind that fuckin Chisaki back to monkey just like he said? I would love to see her taking revenge from him.

because he would turn her into paste the moment she goes anywhere near him
Jan 11, 2020 5:36 AM

Jul 2012
Deku finally at full power and they barely do anything with it... He punched and kicked a couple of times? Disappointing.
Jan 11, 2020 5:38 AM

Jan 2016
Mattuzmk said:
Surprisingly disappointing episode. I remember reading the related manga chapter back in the day, and ever since then waiting for the animation of it. I was expecting manga-like hype levels, similar to All Might fights against Nomu and AFO.
As soon the ending started to play I immediately went "That was it? That was the big fight??"

Pacing was garbage, and I don't know who the hell was in charge of the music of this episode, but he/she should be fired. That alone ruined the episode completely.

Meh... 2/5.

well even in the manga after Deku goes super saiyan the fight was pretty one sided actually it wasn't even a fight Overhaul just got stomped
Jan 11, 2020 5:42 AM
Jan 2017
Hoping the next big fight is consistently good and isn’t just still frames and a good moment after the flashbacks
Hoping we don’t get endeavours arc this season because I really don’t want it to be treated like this arc (can’t the old director just get his job back)
Jan 11, 2020 5:50 AM
Oct 2019
miros said:
hikkiGOAT said:

because he would turn her into paste the moment she goes anywhere near him

Yup, I know that, but still, Eri with Deku, let her just do this.
Jan 11, 2020 5:52 AM
Apr 2015
Ljw said:
Hoping the next big fight is consistently good and isn’t just still frames and a good moment after the flashbacks
Hoping we don’t get endeavours arc this season because I really don’t want it to be treated like this arc (can’t the old director just get his job back)

Get over it or dont watch it. Every anime has still frames, yall overreact over anything
Jan 11, 2020 5:54 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty cool episode but nowhere as impactful as the previous big moments, in my opinion.

Like most here, I was a little surprised by the choice of music there after the mid-episode interval too. "You Say Run" or "My Hero" acoustic/slow version would've been like the ideal music for then I reckon but it wasn't all that bad so no biggies for me.

Overhaul is a twisted individual from heart and it was good to see Deku in some super mode beat some sense into him. God, the animation from the 19th minute to the 22nd was pure brilliant Sakuga, this is what we've been waiting for!

Looks like the future has been changed, after all. Eri-chan's ability really is special, whether it's a curse or a blessing is still up to debate I imagine.

I'm curious on what approach the show will take from next episode onwards.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 11, 2020 6:01 AM
Jan 2018
Shadzzo said:
Yikes that english song was so out of place and loud. Completely destroyed the scene for me and i prayed for it to end.

Such a disappointing season. The pace was bad (this arc had pacing issues in the manga too infact it was even worse), animation was nothing but a shadow of the previous seasons (some parts felt like powerpoint slideshow lmao) and average at best fights. Honestly even Fatgum's fight was better than this "Main fight" of the season. I can understand why mangaka of bnha Horikoshi said that he disliked drawing and writing this arc
Its not all wrong but I actually aggree with your points. Nice rewiew
Jan 11, 2020 6:03 AM

May 2013
miros said:
Mattuzmk said:

Meh... 2/5.

well even in the manga after Deku goes super saiyan the fight was pretty one sided actually it wasn't even a fight Overhaul just got stomped

But that doesn't matter. Stomping or not, you can make a fight epic. This wasn't the case here. It's pretty underwhelming.
Jan 11, 2020 6:03 AM
Jan 2017
DragonIncursio said:
Ljw said:

Get over it or dont watch it. Every anime has still frames, yall overreact over anything

Can’t really get over it since this season has been a massive let down, I wasn’t even the biggest fan of this arc and I’m let down imagine those that loved it
I also don’t need to stop watching it just because of a bad season, I want to see my favourite moments done well (even if that’s looking unlikely now) the previous season of this show had hit and miss moments (I’ll blame the movies for that) but the big fights were good- this season was bogged down with flashbacks, still frames and seemingly saving the budget for quick moments that looked great
I don’t see this changing, this is probably the future of the show, it’s likely cheaper and since the show already has its fanbase they don’t need to put as much effort in, I’m going to continue to watch and I’m allowed to criticise nothing is perfect and I’d rather avoid the mentality of “only those that love and praise everything in this show can watch” echo chambers aren’t helping anyone
Jan 11, 2020 6:06 AM

Sep 2017
Fairly good episode, loved some OSTs like the one used for the Chisaki's flashback (reminded me of Eredin's theme from The Witcher 3)

There were some good scenes too, but overall it was still quite average unfortunately
Way too many flashbacks, a disturbing pacing, too many dialogues and the fight scene was quite impressive but wasn't that good either. It was the less impressive "big fight" in the whole anime, and there were many 2019 fights better than this one

I really like Eri and the whole arc's story is good, but this season's directing just feels off for me.
Jan 11, 2020 6:07 AM
Apr 2015
Ljw said:
DragonIncursio said:

Can’t really get over it since this season has been a massive let down, I wasn’t even the biggest fan of this arc and I’m let down imagine those that loved it
I also don’t need to stop watching it just because of a bad season, I want to see my favourite moments done well (even if that’s looking unlikely now) the previous season of this show had hit and miss moments (I’ll blame the movies for that) but the big fights were good- this season was bogged down with flashbacks, still frames and seemingly saving the budget for quick moments that looked great
I don’t see this changing, this is probably the future of the show, it’s likely cheaper and since the show already has its fanbase they don’t need to put as much effort in, I’m going to continue to watch and I’m allowed to criticise nothing is perfect and I’d rather avoid the mentality of “only those that love and praise everything in this show can watch” echo chambers aren’t helping anyone

well nothing is going to change as you stated. i accept the show the way it is and think its great. They just need to stick to the villain arcs and stay out of the school setting
Jan 11, 2020 6:09 AM
Jan 2018
-Aincrad- said:
I can't tell if this is a OPM or a JoJo reference

lol, consecutive normal punches
Jan 11, 2020 6:11 AM

Feb 2014
Finally, Chisaki has been beaten. Although the overall directing and the timing of the flashbacks weren't the best at times, the climax of the fight did make up for it. The English vocal song that played when Deku finally rescued Eri was a surprise, but still a good one at that.

Deku's 100% power was pretty cool and he made good use of it, too. The last 30 seconds of the fight, as Deku goes all Saitama with all of those fists flying at Chisaki did have some great fluid animation that I wanted to see. I wish there was more of it for this arc, but it was good enough for me. =)

Deku was able to prove Nighteye wrong about not being able to change the future. With the injuries that he has, I hope that Nighteye gets the well deserved recovery that he needs immediately.

Great episode overall.
Jan 11, 2020 6:12 AM
Apr 2016
Whoops, someone quit on us. Salute.

This is starting to expand exponentially, I am starting to fear the author will not be able to contain it with grace. Eri has a power which is, as mentioned, on an another level altogether - she can alter the reality. Abilities affecting the dimension itself. If Chisaki's power was quit a conceptual nightmare, being able to revive people and alter physical world, then Eri can practically turn the time back for the whole world, if she, say, was boosted with that drug?
The bigger the scale, the bigger the stakes and the fall will be greater for an unfortunate creator if or when he fails to preserve the integrity of his own story. I hope the series ends before it happens and it goes on to the universal level. This cannot turn into a Gurren Lagann. It will fall apart if it tries to.

The worst boss fight to date for this series. But again, the bigger the scale, the harder it is to animate everything but explosions, writhing matter and humongous monsters.
-Aincrad- said:
I can't tell if this is a OPM or a JoJo reference

This was a questionable depiction (which makes no sense and has no meaning in the setting) and I would be interested if this is an original mistake or a faithful adaptation of the author's material.
Re:formed
Jan 11, 2020 6:22 AM

Jan 2009
welp its not as hype as the fake 1 million percent but good enough and lol this motto of the League of Villains suits them so well

Jan 11, 2020 6:24 AM

Aug 2013
Incredible episode.

Loved the use of music when Deku saved Eri. That was a great scene.

Deku looked incredible with his 100% mode.

Jan 11, 2020 6:26 AM

Mar 2019
Well, the production for this season is very chaotic. This episode is the best they can give, though its notmy favourite one. I respect Bones's staffs for not falling into pieces for making this season. They just won a battle in a ship that barely float.
Jan 11, 2020 6:28 AM
Apr 2016
Woah, that was just epic! I'm lost for words. The animation and art was great! The studio did an amazing job--the stupidity of all the people complaining is just comical. Didn't expect Deku to go 100%, that was really awesome!
Jan 11, 2020 6:34 AM
Jan 2018
Didnt midoriya destroyed the whole body of Overhaul? Then why the fuck, at the ending shot where Nighteye started to talking,the WHOLE MERGED BODY of Overhaul was at the ground. It doesnt make sense.
Jan 11, 2020 6:37 AM

Feb 2014
Boku no Flashback Academia :P
Unfortunately, animation in adaptations always will be worse than the OG material,
because it is, after all, an adaptation, and it's hard to cram all that detail into a few frames of the episode every week, unlike in manga where the writer can just put page after page with SUUUUUUPER detail because detailing is arguably easier in non-animated works and isn't restricted by a low budget or meddling corporations/

Yeah and the song was kinda shit.
I dare you to check my PTW list.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Jan 11, 2020 6:39 AM
Jan 2017
DragonIncursio said:
Ljw said:

well nothing is going to change as you stated. i accept the show the way it is and think its great. They just need to stick to the villain arcs and stay out of the school setting

Well I’ve got some good and bad news we are getting a few arcs coming out outside of school, but the rest of the season will likely be school stuff (with a villain or two around) season 5 looks to be the hero vs villain stuff you want (mostly)
Jan 11, 2020 6:40 AM

May 2015
Definitely the best episode of the season so far. The sakuga at the end was great, but it's Yutaka Nakamura, so that's not surprising. Also, I love that people somehow still think that taking a screenshot of an episode and comparing it to the manga is is a fair and valid comparison. Like bruh...😂

Jan 11, 2020 6:41 AM
Dec 2017
It made me want to cry because she wanted to be saved and Deku took her hand and will save her 😭.
Jan 11, 2020 6:58 AM

Mar 2019
Katojana said:
Everyone: Animation, Soundtrack, story

Me:

I almost cried in that part ...😥
KonanaJan 11, 2020 8:36 AM
Jan 11, 2020 7:01 AM

Mar 2019
This was a amazing episode. Deku at 100%! The music was really good too. Eri's relationship with Mirio and Deku is really nice to see
Jan 11, 2020 7:14 AM
Jul 2018
I'm kind of disappointed about this episode. Not worth making a fuss over it like people have been doing for the past few episodes, but I feel like there should have been more action in the episode? Honestly this episode kinda made me understand some of the complaints I've seen on these threads.
Jan 11, 2020 7:15 AM

Jan 2017
akbeakbas93 said:
Didnt midoriya destroyed the whole body of Overhaul? Then why the fuck, at the ending shot where Nighteye started to talking,the WHOLE MERGED BODY of Overhaul was at the ground. It doesnt make sense.

Finally, someone

Jan 11, 2020 7:15 AM
Apr 2012
It was okay, Deku's dumb smile made me miss Mirio. I think that episode with Mirio was far more impactful for this whole season than this. Honestly, I think they should've kept their budget for something else. This fight itself wasn't very interesting.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
ArdanazJan 12, 2020 3:00 AM
Jan 11, 2020 7:17 AM
May 2019
Well I enjoyed this season. Next 12 episodes are trash.
Jan 11, 2020 7:20 AM

May 2017
I have no words, an amazing chapter after another amazing chapter.

The manga is always better, congratulations to those people who discovered this recently.
    CARP 9/12/18 Eterno
Jan 11, 2020 7:21 AM
Mar 2018
The episode was amazing!!! The fight scene was great but it could have been more awesome if they would have done it from the first half without the background music and increasing the intensity; well it worked great as a foundation for the later half of Izuku vs Chisaki fight, but the momentum was very shortlived. Liked the episode but could have been more awesome like Izuku's previous fight against Muscular.
Jan 11, 2020 7:22 AM

Jan 2016
Mattuzmk said:
miros said:

But that doesn't matter. Stomping or not, you can make a fight epic. This wasn't the case here. It's pretty underwhelming.

can you though? not to metion this is MHA aside from all might vs noumu most of the fights were """""""boring"""""" ending in some kicks/punches
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

465 by YeaGERIST01 »»
Apr 23, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

158 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

233 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 8:50 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

225 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2020

128 by WolfWood37 »»
Mar 31, 9:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.