Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Jan 20, 7:33 PM
queenbanana said:
I am out of the loop... What's wrong with Chiharafuyu? I'm quite enjoying this third season

The only thing wrong about chihayafuru is it's rating dude..😅

Jan 20, 10:11 PM

I'm not a hardcore fan of haikyuu and would never be.

I watched a lot of other sports anime and I tend to like the sports genre in general.

I didn't find haikyuu more special than these others anime, maybe equally interesting but not superior in any way. Everything in haikyuu I had already seen it in another show.

I passed the entirety of season 1 asking myself why it was lacking that incentive that would made me binge watching the whole thing in one sitting as it happened with other sports anime.
Retrospectively I think that should be because

1) I don't find volleyball very interesting
2) the repetitive gags scenes don't make me laugh
3) I don't find the characters especially interesting

Then something happened that made me start binge watching the rest.
I think that's when they started thinking more and planning more instead of using always the same basic tactics.
From that point onwards there were no sure way to win so they had to plan more to increase their chances of victory.

Obviously planning has its limits too when you have pratically only players with average skills so we will see what they come up with in this 4th season.

so for the strong point of the anime : strategic thinking to compensate the lack of skill and/or experience of the members of the team

Jan 21, 2:33 AM

Farabeuf said:
Esquirtit said:
Not seen this but it better move out of the top 10. We can't put ourselves to shame by letting a generic sports shounen be in the top 10, something that's supposed to represent the taste of the MAL community. Come on y'all.

It's called sequel bias, a failing in how the collected score data doesn't reflect that it's a sequel. Generally speaking we can say that there is no such thing as a perfect anime. There will always be those who do not like something and they will score accordingly. This keeps the score "real". But obviously these same people have generally speaking less propensity to then watch the sequel. So sequels benefit from higher scores as long as they're ok. So the more sequels, the more "hardcore fans" are watching and will score their beloved show higher.

This is the reason for there being a thousand Gintama shows in the top 50 of MAL.

There's unfortunately no easy fix, unless you set up some algorithm to reflect its a sequel, but that might be unfair to a really fantastic show that is fully deserving of the high score.. One possibility would be for MAL mods to pool all consecutive seasons of a same show into one entry like for example Legend of the Galactic Heroes that has 4 seasons but they only count as one show.

Spot on.

A generic sports shounen withan 8.90 score...Jesus wept.

Jan 21, 7:28 AM
what got me hooked is how well it managed to create a tense atmosphere, I've never seen anything like it

Jan 21, 9:28 AM
Why does everybody rate the anime if it is not even yet finished now we have unfinished shows like Haikyuu!!: To the Top on place fricking 19 with 2 episodes that the community can not even wait until it is finished is bullshit. Rate when it is finished you morons. and do not rate on expectation that ruins the rating i know Haikyuu!! is a good sports anime but atleast wait before you push it into hype heaven. Thats all of what i am going to say to the 11 thousand idiots that already rated.
Thank you very much

Jan 21, 11:58 AM
Spirasout said:
Why does everybody rate the anime if it is not even yet finished now we have unfinished shows like Haikyuu!!: To the Top on place fricking 19 with 2 episodes that the community can not even wait until it is finished is bullshit. Rate when it is finished you morons. and do not rate on expectation that ruins the rating i know Haikyuu!! is a good sports anime but atleast wait before you push it into hype heaven. Thats all of what i am going to say to the 11 thousand idiots that already rated.
Thank you very much

It is not wrong to rate an anime that is airing, the only thing to pay attention to is that you should rate based on the episodes that have already came out, and not your own expectations.

Jan 23, 3:14 PM
Ferien said:
kutuphayvani said:

no overpowered protagonist, no enemies... Just realism.

you sure about that? I mean boy still runs and jumps abnormally fast and high respectively lol

You should watch Nishida Yuji, one of the best volley ball players in the world. He jumps even higher than the main character in this show..

Yesterday, 12:05 PM
:)))))))))))))))

Even though the characters are very surface level. I enjoy that they are still fleshed out in some way. Even their opponents are fleshed out which I do appreciate. The first two seasons try to do this and ways succeed; but the third season is where its done perfectly. Especially the opposing team's coach. Nothing I'd say groundbreaking, it just hits what its trying to be perfectly.

Yesterday, 9:11 PM
I played volley ball in middle school. The sounded effects are so on point I feel like I'm back on the court again. The animation is gorgeous and brilliantly captures what it's like on the court. The sound of the sneakers squeaking on the court gives me a nostalgic feeling! I love watching the thrill of the game.

Yesterday, 9:25 PM

characters, definitely the characters

every single character gets the spotlight, you can tell they're the main character of their own story, and are not just cast aside for the main characters to shine. also the opponents aren't all antagonistic and are friendly with each other and it's not just hinata and kageyama who has a rivalry going on the other kids aren't one-dimensional opponents with no personality/ridiculous personalities. we also see their interactions with others and it's realistic and we see they each have friends they're closed to and rivalry among their own teams too.

seriously, just watch the first season (or at least the end of Karasuno vs Nekoma match) and you'll see what i mean

Tsukizono said:
killerqueen2000 said:

Its a good shonen but people love to overhype it. It certainly isn't as good as a 9 but i'd say if you like a typical shonen but done pretty well you will enjoy the series a lot. Just don't expect the characters to be deep or anything, they are just basic but good shonen characters. Story is the typical sports plot as well.

"BASIC SHOUNEN CHARACTERS"??? what on earth, this show has some of the best written character arcs I've ever seen in fiction. If you think that then you literally have missed every single detail in every season.

Here's an analysis on Oikawa (Spoilers for S1-3 ofc): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6DQePdp7Po
Another vid that touches upon some aspects of hinata's character https://youtu.be/_P2QtmF9-bI

a good way to determine whether a character has grown throughout the story or not is to have a character later in the story time travel to the past and see if they'll make the same decisions and have the same mindset. If not, then that shows the character has gone through character development throughout the story

and i can assure you the majority of the character are like this

MASTERLYNX said:
MehmetY said:

How the hell it isn't? Only non-cliché arc of HxH is Chimera Ant arc, other arcs have so many shounen clichés. Especially episode 47.
okay so why is ep 47 generic ? Because it’s a fight episode ? And saying “only” chimera ant arc isn’t generic is dumb Considering the fact that it’s almost half of the show and how are york new and chairman election arc generic when one of them focuses on the villains and the other focuses on killua which isn’t the main character. Also HxH explores themes and ideas such as grief and depression which almost no shonen does. And also gon is probably the least generic shonen protagonist out there...

please dont tallk about HxH in a Haikyuu thread regardless of how good that show is

Today, 2:38 AM
Time killer

Spirasout said:
Thank you very much

Oh please, stop your moralizing speech. If MAL didn't want users not to score before the show was finished, it would be enough to lock the mean score like upcoming series.

Anyway, the season score doesn't influence your personal judgment, does it? I hope...

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]