Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 10, 2020 9:54 AM

Feb 2018
Edit: I was just trolling.

On a serious note, I'd like to know what are your predictions about what categories will demon slayer win from? I don't know but I do feel like it's going to be Kimetsu no spam in the awards from AOTY to best boy, girl, animation and protagonist.
ShinyHexJan 10, 2020 11:17 AM
Jan 10, 2020 9:56 AM

Jun 2015
ThatShiny_Hex said:
As we all know, Demon Slayer is the best anime of all time. It already won animation of the decade for Funimation and thousands of awards in Japan.

Though I'm still mad Nezuko's VA Akari Kitou didn't get nominated for best VA performance, both Nezuko and Tanjiro will win best boy and girl because that's an objective fact.

Anyways, please vote for Kimetsu no masterpiece and if you don't think it should be the AOTY choice, please tell why.

where can i vote?

Tell me please
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Jan 10, 2020 9:58 AM

Feb 2018
Takamura-sama said:
ThatShiny_Hex said:
As we all know, Demon Slayer is the best anime of all time. It already won animation of the decade for Funimation and thousands of awards in Japan.

Though I'm still mad Nezuko's VA Akari Kitou didn't get nominated for best VA performance, both Nezuko and Tanjiro will win best boy and girl because that's an objective fact.

Anyways, please vote for Kimetsu no masterpiece and if you don't think it should be the AOTY choice, please tell why.

where can i vote?

Tell me please

You can vote here:
https://www.crunchyroll.com/animeawards/en/vote/index.html
Jan 10, 2020 10:07 AM
Apr 2016
Did the voting and ended up not voting for Kimetsu no Yaiba even once. Almost won the best animation one from me though, Mob Psycho II managed to get it.
Jan 10, 2020 10:08 AM

Nov 2018
omgomgomgomg tahnk u so much
Jan 10, 2020 10:11 AM

Dec 2018
Considering it’s the most popular option on the list it’s got a pretty good chance of winning the categories it’s been nominated for. So if you’re hoping it gets a lot of awards you shouldn’t worry too much.
Jan 10, 2020 10:15 AM

Jul 2013
It will win many awards this year for sure just like how Yuri on Ice and MHA did in the past and people will keep being saltier than the dead sea about it because their tiny brains still can't fathom the fact after all these years that these awards are nothing more than popularity polls.

As far as impact this year goes, it undeniably goes to KNY.
Jan 10, 2020 10:23 AM

Feb 2018
Dull_Lull said:
It will win many awards this year for sure just like how Yuri on Ice and MHA did in the past and people will keep being saltier than the dead sea about it because their tiny brains still can't fathom the fact after all these years that these awards are nothing more than popularity polls.

It's not a popularity poll, demon slayer is objectively the best anime of all time, let alone the year.
Jan 10, 2020 10:24 AM

Nov 2016
People wouldn't hate on this series as much as they do if fans would be less obnoxious.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 10, 2020 10:24 AM

Nov 2019
i only voted for hayami saori cuz i wanted to vote for something KNY, though i surprised they didn't add KNY in the best OP category
misato > asuka > rei
Jan 10, 2020 10:25 AM

Jan 2009
inb4 why Attack on Titan is not a nominee? probably because its not a proper sequel since its part 2 of season 3 lol
Jan 10, 2020 10:28 AM

Feb 2018
deg said:
inb4 why Attack on Titan is not a nominee? probably because its not a proper sequel since its part 2 of season 3 lol

That's not it. Attack on Titan season 3 got nominated for a lot of other categories. My guess is that they wanted to limit the nominees to one per genre; ie, shounen, seinen, slice of life etc. and decided to keep kimetsu no yaiba instead of AoT because kimetsu is a masterpiece.
Jan 10, 2020 10:30 AM

Aug 2016
ThatShiny_Hex said:
Dull_Lull said:

It's not a popularity poll, demon slayer is objectively the best anime of all time, let alone the year.

Unfathomably weak bait.
Jan 10, 2020 10:38 AM
Jan 2020
I agree demon slayer is very entertaining and good. But it is a wee bit predictable. I know it's Shonen (is that how it's spelt?) so there are some traits that you always know are going to happen, but it's things like character traits/jokes become a bit stale. Like zenitsu always getting scared, screaming to make your ears bleed and then faint. Or inosuke always having the same reaction to demons.
Maybe it's just because it's the first season and needs time to grow. It could be the best anime of the year in a few seasons time once the characters and story thickens. Right now it seems a bit too simple for me to agree that it should anime of the year
Jan 10, 2020 10:39 AM

Jan 2009
damn people are getting baited hard lol OP is actually an Attack on Titan fan
Jan 10, 2020 10:57 AM

Nov 2016
deg said:

Lol, even worse. Pretty pathetic that he's trying to damage the reputation of another fandom.
FMmatronJan 10, 2020 11:00 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 10, 2020 11:06 AM

Apr 2016
Honestly talking, the best one for me is Mob Psycho 100 II, Demon Slayer is far from Mob's level.
Jan 10, 2020 11:10 AM

Jun 2015
ThatShiny_Hex said:
Takamura-sama said:

where can i vote?

Tell me please

You can vote here:
https://www.crunchyroll.com/animeawards/en/vote/index.html

aight thanks

voted for AOT and vinland saga.

only got my vote for best animation
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Jan 10, 2020 11:28 AM
Jan 2020
deg said:
Well I feel stupid now
Jan 10, 2020 11:35 AM
Jul 2018
Demon Slayer may be stale to many, but for me, not really.

It's not one of my favorite anime because of a simple story and I admit it's pretty predictable. I love it because it can leave out something very enjoyable and very heartwarming despite being simple.

To relate this to the Crunchyroll Awards, I can be a bit irritated if it wins most awards, but not as much as others like the majority of the people in these forums.

I hope the CAA tries to be fair with the choice of winners.
Jan 10, 2020 11:52 AM
Jul 2018
KIMETSU NO YAIBA WAS WRITTEN BY GOD AND JESUS TO MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE! TANJIROU IS MY WAIFU AND YUKI KAJIURA IS MY HUSBANDO!

YYYYYY
AAAAAA
SSSSSS/10
Jan 10, 2020 12:00 PM

Mar 2014
ThatShiny_Hex said:

Congrats you just won my vote for joke of the year. How is Demon Slayer OBJECTIVELY the best? What aspects of DS made it the best, OBJECTIVELY on your OWN eyes.

On a side note, sad to not see Vinland Saga on "best score", i really loved the OST and im pretty sure im not alone. It should be in that category instead of "best animation". Also no Beastars whatsoever in any category, weird.
SoulblightJan 10, 2020 12:05 PM
Jan 10, 2020 12:29 PM

May 2015
ThatShiny_Hex said:

I'd appreciate it if you stop what you're doing. Thx

Jan 10, 2020 1:53 PM

Oct 2018
I think it will win pretty much every award where it is nominated.

If you're interested, here are my votes.
Jan 10, 2020 5:03 PM
Sep 2017
Guy, just vote Vinland Saga. KNY is a alright shows.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 2020 6:16 PM
Mar 2018
ThatShiny_Hex said:
Dull_Lull said:

You may say this but some people would chose Mob psycho, The promised Neverland, Vinland saga, Dororo, Dr stone or even Love is war over it. Demon slayer was a masterpiece but the truth is that this year had a LOT of good anime
Jan 10, 2020 6:24 PM

Aug 2019
I think Demon Slayer will pick up most of the awards. MHA dominated last year, and Demon Slayer seems to be the battle-shounen du jour at the moment, so it'll attract the most normie/casual votes.

Given Attack on Titan isn't in the main AOTY category for some daft reason, it'll likely win this one, but I'm seeing a lot of support online for Mob II and especially Vinland Saga at this point, so there could be a surprise on the cards.

The Ymir and Historia best couple nomination is a joke and has only been included so the LGBT crowd can feel represented, despite them arguably not even being a couple, and Ymir only appearing in it for a scene.

I voted DS for Best Fight between Tanjiro and Rui and also Best Animation though. These were my choices :

Anime Of The Year : Vinland Saga
Best Protagonist : Emma (The Promised Neverland)
Best Antagonist : Askeladd (Vinland Saga)
Best Boy : Mob (Mob Psycho 100)
Best Girl : Raphtalia (Rising of the Shield Hero)
Best Director : Tetsuro Araki (Attack on Titan S3)
Best Animation : Demon Slayer
Best Character design : Dr. Stone
Best Score : Hiroyuki Sawano (Attack on Titan)
Best Fight scene : Tanjiro vs Rui (Demon Slayer)
Best Couple : Kaguya & Miyuki (Kaguya : Love is War)
Best Voice Actor (JP) : Yuuko Kaida as Isabella (The Promised Neverland)
Best Comedy : Kaguya-Sama : Love is War
Best Fantasy : Attack on Titan S3
Best Drama : Vinland Saga
Best OP : Fire Force
Best ED : Vinland Saga
xenosysJan 10, 2020 6:28 PM
Jan 10, 2020 6:48 PM

Oct 2013
Crunchyroll is so lame, how is attack on titan not AOTY nominee? Ridiculous! Probably because they knew that it would have won.
Jan 10, 2020 7:42 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Kimetsu no Yaiba is the greatest anime I have seen my entire life, of course, it should win everything. Even if it doesn't win in any other category, Nezuko's VA should at least win the best VA award. When she said "grrrrhh", man I truly felt that.

Chika is a nominee over Kaguya, wtf? Kaguya is like the best girl of the decade and she is not even nominated, wew.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jan 10, 2020 10:23 PM
Feb 2017
cchigu said:

Chika is a nominee over Kaguya, wtf? Kaguya is like the best girl of the decade and she is not even nominated, wew.

This guy has good tastes, yeah don't worry the judges are pretty stupid. They voted the final boss vs Mob over Shimazaki vs Everyone and Mob vs Mogami smh.
Jan 10, 2020 11:35 PM

Aug 2019
cchigu said:
Kimetsu no Yaiba is the greatest anime I have seen my entire life, of course, it should win everything. Even if it doesn't win in any other category, Nezuko's VA should at least win the best VA award. When she said "grrrrhh", man I truly felt that.

I agree with you, i prefer Kaguya over Chika.

Kaguya is also one of my favourites.
Jan 12, 2020 10:59 PM
Nov 2018
weeabootakbankai said:
No, fuck Vinland and every fan that acts all high and mighty when they say it should be AOTY.
Jan 16, 2020 6:06 PM
Nov 2019
SatouMatsuzaka said:
weeabootakbankai said:
No, fuck Vinland and every fan that acts all high and mighty when they say it should be AOTY.
Everyone has the right to an opinion lol, you should just be glad that there’s been so many top quality anime’s this year, I found it hard choosing between Vinland, aot and mob tbh as personally demon slayer didn’t quite cut it for me this year
Jan 19, 2020 9:28 AM
Sep 2019
This show is absolute TRASH TRASH TRASH.
Vinland Saga deserves anime of the Year not this hot straight fire generic garbage.
Jan 19, 2020 9:30 AM
Sep 2019
weeabootakbankai said:
yes vinland saga is the best anime of the year

More topics from this board

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Yesterday

11 by Owlblocks »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2019

1093 by yagxr »»
Apr 14, 12:06 AM

Poll: » Shinobou or Mitsuri?

Reckless_weeb - Mar 25, 2022

42 by Qui-gon »»
Apr 10, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2019

528 by pyrophilia »»
Apr 8, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

RebelPanda - Jun 15, 2019

307 by Term4738 »»
Apr 1, 11:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.