Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 1 Discussion

Jan 12, 7:42 AM

Jan 12, 12:05 PM

I'm so exited! After 3 years we have finaly got 4th season!
It got great start, so proud of Tobio for getting his invitation! Show them what you got!
And gosh, I knew Hinata would do something like that. Well, I expected him to go after Kageyama but still I was pretty close. But honestly, I cringed a little on that scene.
Thought, I want him to show that old man that height isn't everything and Hinata isn't worthless without Kageyama.

Jan 12, 12:08 PM

my comfort show is back

Jan 12, 2:07 PM

i'm glad it's back,i forgot how annoying hinata is lol

i just found out riku vs kuu exists but it's listed as a prequel,can i just go ahead and watch it even if i already watched the 1st ep of to the top?

edit: i wanted to give it a 4/5 but accidentally chose 3 instead

Jan 12, 2:52 PM

soibra said:

i just found out riku vs kuu exists but it's listed as a prequel,can i just go ahead and watch it even if i already watched the 1st ep of to the top?

Yes you can. It's a story about Nekoma that goes between seasons 3 and 4 but it's an extra story. There are no spoilers whatsoever so go ahead. Nekoma is my favourite team after Karasuno and... well this OVA made me love these guys even more.

Jan 12, 2:57 PM

What's up with this overstated rating? This is a joke.

Jan 12, 5:00 PM

it's finally back, feels like forever! nice OP and ED.

Jan 12, 7:35 PM

The OP and ED are really fitting for the tone this first episode commands. It'll be interesting to see how Kageyama fits into the national scheme.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha

Jan 12, 10:47 PM
Finally the most awesome anime is returned.... Go Go Karasuno... Make it to the top... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOG8aJNg9oydxktNly1Gstw

Jan 13, 12:32 AM
soibra said:

I watched this before the OVA. So you can.

I don' t know if the OVA is important, but I watched it, because I like Haikyuu.
Modified by Zaro_1, Jan 13, 12:44 AM

Jan 13, 12:39 AM
This 1st episode of 4th season got everything. Beautiful Kiyoko starts. Then from Nishnoya's balance on Hanata's hean to Tsukki's 'I don't know this idiot remark... Than Kageyama' s journey's starting and Hanata's stubbornness... I LOVE THIS SHOW......... JUST LOVE IT πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

ONE EPISODE WITH PACKAGE OF MORE.

πŸ”Ÿ /10 for wonderful starts.

Jan 13, 6:47 AM
Woo 1st episode and im already pump! Good thing i didn't read the manga, expecting alot of better things to come...

Jan 13, 8:14 AM

bird boy gonna fly highest of all skrrr

Jan 13, 12:01 PM

The hype is real! So excited to see my boys again!

By the way, Shiratorizawa coach sure is butthurt when it comes to short guys with potential.

Jan 13, 1:40 PM

It’s a good first episode. Hinata is always the same xD

Jan 13, 2:25 PM

I was cheesing so hard throughout this episode! It took me 40mins to watch purely because of how many times I was rewinding the scenes~

Jan 13, 4:51 PM

This episode was fun to see where everyone was going. Hinata got some guts to do that. But knowing that he was frustrated, I can't really blame him too hard on why he did what he did. Kageyama, Tsukishima, Hinata will grow greatly I hope. Hinata I hope you can grow without the need to rely on Kageyama's passes, and go beyond it even when he is not there.

Jan 13, 6:28 PM
good, 1 ep and now the anime has 8.98 rating

Jan 14, 4:41 PM

Mwahahahhahah!!! I wait for Hinata's name to be called but nothing. Poor Hinata but he sneak in hahahahha Congratulations Takeyama and Tsukishima ❀

I miss Haikyu so muchhhhhh!! Even if I just finished it last year, I still miss it huhuhu I smile the whole time watching this first episode. 5/5

Jan 15, 1:57 AM
The new art style is hideous, just look for comparison for Asahi design.
I really loved the previous seasons, but I doubt that I'll enjoy this one as well.
What happened? Is it a budget problem? I can't find any information about it.

Jan 15, 2:42 AM

adi_1209 said:
The new art style is hideous, just look for comparison for Asahi design.
I really loved the previous seasons, but I doubt that I'll enjoy this one as well.
What happened? Is it a budget problem? I can't find any information about it.
they're being faithful to manga art style.

Jan 15, 7:23 PM
What a great start!! A momentous line story especially for Hinata..
Hilarious OP and nice ED too..I'm not reading the manga, so i'm really waiting the 2nd episode for more surprises..

Jan 19, 1:55 PM
lmao hinata wyd infiltrating a youth camp djfksfk such a crackhead XD

I'm excited for this new season because it looks like we'll be able to see how much Hinata and Kageyama have grown in terms of skill. Breaking them up and having them train individually will be interesting to see. I think this will make them better overall players, especially Hinata, because he needs to play well with anyone, regardless of their level of skill because not everyone is as skilled as Kageyama, obviously.

Today, 9:25 AM
Polly_S said:
It's been hours since I watched the episode and I can't stop thinking about it...

I, too, want Hinata to prove his worth. BUT he is in the wrong this time. He needs to learn how to deal with frustration. He can't do whatever he wants and to hell with everything and everyone else. He wasn't chosen, he needs to accept it or compain, it's ok. Be angry, be frustrated, learn to cope with that. But don't go and sneak into someone else's team uninvited. That was disrespectful towards Kageyama and Tsukishima (who were chosen), and also towards the rest of the Karasuno team who were not chosen. If I had the power to choose a player other than Kageyama for the National team I'd have chosen Nishinoya, but did Noya go and join the National team or the Shiratorizawa camp uninvited? no, he stayed at Karasuno High, is he worth less for staying? NO. ABSOLUTELY NOT

But the little bastard knows he's good and thinks that that's enough to do as he pleases. No Hinata, despite all your worth you were not chosen, stay home, shut the f*ck up and deal with it. You have team mates ¿you know? It's unfair, yes, but life is unfair my friend.

Thank you for coming to my HQ-TED Talk

Yeah, Hinata definitely did it wrong. I forgot whether this episode or next episode, he says on the phone that training in the special team is more important than in Karasuno, I am like wtf? I kind of forget most of the things but all members, esp the senpai are great in their own way. What about train in the normal mode and prove to everyone, even without special training, you can still outdone other people?

I am sorry but I am gonna put this anime on-hold and who knows when will I decide to skip this portion and watch the rest.

At least ask other trainees seriously. I thought Haikyuu is close to reality in terms of sports but this part is kinda disappointing.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]