Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 10, 2020 7:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That's a creative OP song filled with numbers, science, character gags, etc.

I like the rom-com elements in this anime as it blends with science themes. There's some mind games going on between the main leads that makes it entertaining. Character designs also looks appealing.

A nice start for the series' first episode. I recommend the manga too if you've like the comedy of this anime.
Jan 10, 2020 8:50 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice first episode, I'm confident with this anime now I think it can be really good
Jan 10, 2020 9:00 AM

Nov 2014
got bored half way. i expected this to be like Kaguya-sama Love is War but this is completely different. I had to pause multiple times to read and wrap my head around the calculations and it's too tiresome for me. i want a light-hearted comedic romantic anime to watch, not this.
Jan 10, 2020 9:04 AM

Dec 2017
>complains about her being late to work and making up those 3 minutes of time
>proceed to waste time for the whole day doing bullshit

i guess, this episode was ok? half of the jokes weren't really that funny, just absurd. something like that wall slap being compared to sumo slap.. well, whatever, as long as half of the jokes deliver, i can bear with it
uninstallthegameJan 10, 2020 9:11 AM
Jan 10, 2020 9:12 AM

Nov 2014
My expectations were high and it exceeded them. The only downside I can think of is all the text on screen that can be hard to read without pausing.

Setting is totally different, but it kinda reminds me of Wotakoi.
Jan 10, 2020 9:26 AM

Nov 2016
I like me some dry comedy and it's somewhat amusing, but simply because the nature of this series is so unusual, this will probably get really stale once the novelty has worn off.

Ayame has nice legs, tho.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 10, 2020 9:26 AM
Sep 2015
Quite similar to Kaguya-sama and Boarding School Juliet. I predict this trend will replace Isekai because it gives female an equivalent power to male.
Jan 10, 2020 9:32 AM

Apr 2010
The characters where funny to watch and their view of love was interesting.
Tho i think the bacouple comment of Kanade was well deserved seeing the couples behaviour.
Jan 10, 2020 9:34 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Solid first episode!

Himuro is too precious, especially when her ponytails wag like that xD! Damn, those drifts at the start of the episode, how does she manage to do that with heels? Anyway, the whole pre-Op scene was just the perfect and abrupt start.

God, I'm already shipping them real hard. Got to feel for that assistant too, having to spill her private info to no avail whatsosever lol. Maybe a little too overboard with the over-complicated bits which could bite over time I imagine but so far so good. Comedy is totally on point, as such.

Op and ED, I heard the songs and saw the visuals before in advance and I have the same impression - Great!

Definitely looking forward to this! Comparing this to Kaguya-sama: Love is War is most likely setting up for a disappointment so I'd to avoid that (failed so far albeit).
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 10, 2020 9:35 AM

Sep 2017
Cheap production, but nicer than I thought. It felt kinda cringy at first because as math graduate I don't really buy into the stereotype that nerdy scientists think everything can be proved by math. But then the jokes were kinda nice and it's good to see that they also try to educate the viewers about things like null hypothesis. It can easily get tired after a couple episodes if they just keep doing absurd "experiments" but there are other characters. Will have to see how it goes. (afaik the entire show is already out on some platforms.)
Jan 10, 2020 9:40 AM

Nov 2011
Himuro's legs are amazing. And I love that her Pony Tail wags when she gets happy lol.

Great op and ending. Kind of want to put it on hold until the whole series gets released at once.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 10, 2020 9:47 AM

Jan 2018
super smart otaku gothic loli senpai. S O L D
Jan 10, 2020 9:51 AM
Aug 2016
I think it has potential, but as others say it could end just like Kaguya S1 was, almost all episode with its own conclusion with nothing solid in the end. But it wasn't bad, so i'll continue.
Jan 10, 2020 9:51 AM

Oct 2018
interesting topic, can we measure love by number??
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Jan 10, 2020 9:56 AM

May 2013
it was a fine start, the jokes could have been better but at least the awkward situations made me giggle sometimes. The characters design, some existing fanservice and amamiya sora saved it for me in the end, gotta watch the other 2 eps on crunchy later on
Jan 10, 2020 10:07 AM

Jan 2017
An okay episode for me but I think this will get repetitive very quickly. People are comparing it to Kaguya, which I found fine but it also became pretty much the same thing after a while. Plus I think this has even less possibilities to do something different since the love confession happened right away. So other than these experiments, seems like this show has not much else to do. I will give all 3 episodes a chance though
Jan 10, 2020 10:08 AM

Jul 2017
Man what a great start to this one. Production was kinda lacking ngl but it was very cute to watch (especially Himuro's ponytail moving lol)

The comparisons to Kaguya are kinda weird though? Just because a show has back and forth between the 2 leads doesn't make it the same lmao. Kaguya as well was more about the 2 trying to get the other to confess whereas this one is more about the 2 trying to prove they're in love in the first place, spoiler they are
Jan 10, 2020 10:15 AM
May 2014
Himuro's ponytail is seriously so precious! Overall I think it was an okay episode. I can understand the comparisons with Kaguya-sama, but this one is not quite there yet for me. I hope they will do more than just "experiments", though. I'll stick around with it to see where it takes its directon.
Jan 10, 2020 10:20 AM

May 2019
LOL only if nerds in real life were that hot. She has the perfect body and he's the definition of handsome. The girl at the very end was pretty too.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Jan 10, 2020 10:31 AM

Oct 2012
It's a cute premise but it seemed a bit dry. I hope the humor picks up.
Jan 10, 2020 10:32 AM

Aug 2013
This pretty good. Himuro is hot and I love the way her ponytail moves. I will continue to watch this.

Jan 10, 2020 10:40 AM

Feb 2019
Grad student gang we moveeee, lol, this is definitely going to be a hidden gem like Tejina senpai. Himuro best girl
Jan 10, 2020 10:42 AM

Mar 2019
A very good start. A romcom with grad students and undergrads AWESOME. Also Himuro's "hair" wag and overall character is really cute.
Jan 10, 2020 10:54 AM

Jul 2017
I've been reading the translations for the manga for a few months (which only amounts to a small number of chapters), so I have had prior experiences with RikeKoi.

And like the manga, the anime was pretty average. It's not necessarily terrible, but a bit on the bland side. I like the integration of science into rom-com in concept, but the characters and situations themselves didn't really win me over as much in execution.

The art is also a bit weak, especially compared to the manga. So, that was a little bit of a letdown.

So yeah. Another seasonal, another mediocre show. I'm getting too used to mediocrity everywhere already in 2020.
Jan 10, 2020 11:12 AM

Oct 2017
Amusing start, this is what happens when two total science nutcase tries be in a relationship lol. This is gonna be a fun romcom. Ayame is really cute af and her ponytail moving was adorable.
MegamiRemJan 10, 2020 11:15 AM
Jan 10, 2020 11:35 AM

Nov 2017
OK-ish episode. Himuro is cute though. And I don't know why, but seeing them always wearing lab-coats while they are computer science students somehow annoys me XD
Jan 10, 2020 12:29 PM

Jan 2008
Held hands in their dreams? That's the lewdest kind of dream.

Was amusing but feels like it might get a bit repetitive if nothing changes.

A lot of the type setting was god awful.
Jan 10, 2020 12:33 PM

May 2018
not bad, not really bad at all. It was actually way tooo overrated
JiangHaoyi1979Jan 10, 2020 12:41 PM
Jan 10, 2020 1:09 PM

May 2015
Came for the Akari Nanawo x Sou ED, will possibly stay for Himuro's cute wagging ponytail.

As everyone else has said, I'm hoping it won't get too repetitive.

EDIT: I just wanna point out that I find the excessive use of 'science-types' annoying as it never flows well in a sentence. Can't they just translate it as scientists?
LalafinJan 10, 2020 1:14 PM

♡ artist
サコ
Jan 10, 2020 1:13 PM

Feb 2018
I'm rating this 7/10 and I'm going to drop that shit - only because it annoys me as f*ck that they just need scientific explanation for everything - especially for love. I believe it will be a good series for this season.
Jan 10, 2020 1:16 PM
May 2019
The OP/ED were nice.
While it is a unique premise it's still kinda boring it's one joke being repeated throughout entirety of the episode and that joke wasn't that funny to begin with.
This just isn't for me.
Jan 10, 2020 1:27 PM

Dec 2014
well that was a really good find...sad that I was about to drop it
Jan 10, 2020 1:28 PM

Apr 2018
I'm not digging the Kaguya-sama comparisons. At least Kaguya was funny as hell, This one didn't even make me giggle a little bit. MC's are not interesting and in a romance anime that is unforgivable. I might watch the other two episodes because I have spare time. But I don't picture myself watching this to the very end. Give me Kaguya-sama season 2 already!!!
Jan 10, 2020 2:15 PM
Oct 2019
Interesting, as i thought this would be.
The statistics explanation XD
Jan 10, 2020 2:26 PM

Aug 2013
Another great start in this season.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 10, 2020 2:51 PM

May 2016
Okay, five into this anime I was immediately sold. That pie chart Himuro brought up was hilarious XD!

This is essentially Kaguya-sama mixed with in with Dr. Stone type science! Yeah, science was never a major subject, as with a lot of people, but the characters going into scientific detail to explain why they're is what makes this anime funny and gives it its charm. Also, a major plus for me is watching full grown adults almost reverting back to their teenage selves when it comes to romance is always refreshing to watch.

This is going to be fun to watch!
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Jan 10, 2020 2:57 PM
Feb 2017
So are we getting episode 4 next week? Or is this gonna be like Vinland Saga was where we have to wait for when episode 4 would come out normally?
Jan 10, 2020 3:37 PM
Jul 2018
This premise is... Interesting to say the least.
I can't find the smallest bit of chemistry between the main couple. They also act like robots, so I can't even afford to care about them.
Seems like the type of show you always say you'll continue but never get back to.
Putting this anime on hold for the time being.
Jan 10, 2020 4:39 PM

Mar 2018
OP and ED are bangers
Jan 10, 2020 4:56 PM
Jun 2017
I LOVE THIS EPISODE... AND PERHAPS THIS SERIES AS A WHOLE AS I CAN RELATE TO THIS ONE AS FOR YEARS I AM TRYING TO QUANTIFY THAT LOVE. YEAH
Jan 10, 2020 4:59 PM
Mar 2017
This anime was quite surprising, although the scientific explanations were somewhat stifling.

Undoubtedly, what I liked most was Ayame Himuro, first of all Ayame has spectacular legs, the way they exploded every scene where those beautiful legs stood out were beautiful and let's not forget that Ayame is very beautiful and the rest of her Body is something very charming. Then we have that adorable detail in which Ayame's ponytail moves when she is happy, she is like a puppy that is happy to be pampered.
I admit that it seems strange to me how Ayame fell in love with Shinya, I would like to see how it happened, they both have no idea what romance is and they don't know how to explain their feelings, it is also clear that they do not get along.
I think Shinya asked the question to somehow keep distance and understand why Ayame fell in love with him and in the process see if her feelings are real, the same with Ayame that it must be difficult for her to understand how she fell in love with him.
How indecent this couple, to dream that they are holding hands is something unforgivable, what an innocent imagination both have.

Then we were introduced to Kanade who also studies with both lovers, without a doubt she is the one who made me laugh with her faces the most when she had to endure the rare theories and explain how it works to feel in love.
I want to know who is the gothic loli that fell asleep throughout the episode and remained locked in the room.

Both the OP and the ED were quite nice, they have that classic rhythm that can be heard on Romcoms.

Anyway, the episode was not bad at all, it exceeded the expectations I had and made me laugh several times, I laughed at how ridiculous it sounds that they want to explain a complex feeling through science and numbers, when it is certain that they are both unsure of how to admit their own feelings and step on their pride and say "I love you", so I look forward to the next episode.
Jan 10, 2020 6:20 PM

Jun 2019
Kaguya sama + Dr. Stone

Surprisingly pretty good for me.
At least we can watch college student romcom. Actually i am bored to watch highschool roomcom.
Jan 10, 2020 9:47 PM

Dec 2014
It's an amusing setting but the execution and direction seems a little too bland to make it fully engaging. I enjoy parts of it but sometimes it does indeed feel a little dry. Will try a few more episodes.

The girls look really cute.
Jan 10, 2020 10:25 PM

Jan 2011
seems fun kinda like a Dr stone meets Wotakoi for the simple fact it's a romcom about college students is a blessing it's too damn rare that we get ones like that.

art is okay feel like it could look a bit better but the girls still look kinda cute so eh.

no idea if half the stuff they were talking about is true but i'm just gonna assume it is because i don't know jack shit
Jan 10, 2020 10:27 PM
Aug 2016
I’m not gonna rain on anyone’s parade but I’m just gonna say this feels like I’m watching the Big Bang theory where they try to impress you with all their big ideas and try to get you to say “stupid science man love is something you feel not quantify” and I’m just gonna say that if this show was actually smart enough to use actual science instead of stupid experiments I feel like it’d be actually good but alas it’s also trying to be funny so I guess interesting concepts gotta be thrown in the trash for le funny misunderstandings.
Jan 11, 2020 1:25 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Nice little science like intro to start with. The banter between them sure was amusing. As was the pie chart. The expansion upon elements of the chart though sure was fun. This research topic sure had an interesting theme and even more so when neither have any experience in love. Ayame looked so cute when she was asleep while hugging Yukimura. The lecture from the teddy about the null hypothesis sure proved enlightening. So extended wall slams eventually become sumo moves huh. Looks like Kanade had an enjoyable time in high school. Overall an excellent opening ep that did well to show both the topic of their research and the unique chemistry between the lead characters. The OP and the visuals that accompanied it sure was excellent as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2020 2:52 AM

Feb 2018
Ma, love does not know where it comes from, even fellow scientists can fall in love.
Jan 11, 2020 3:11 AM

Oct 2008
Love x Science = BLASPHEMY!!! haha lolz
4/5. - this was a bit fun to watch
but all those blabber equations and formulas made my head hurt!

Jan 11, 2020 3:39 AM
Jan 2020
This reminds me way too much of Kaguya-sama: Love is War and I love it.
Jan 11, 2020 5:02 AM

Jan 2011
Only 6 minutes in and I'm already bored of the joke. Haha prove love with science and calculations haha, funyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei shitemita. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

-Stray - Jan 13, 2020

118 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 18, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei shitemita. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

uninstallthegame - Jan 13, 2020

56 by Matheus050 »»
Jan 21, 6:20 AM

Poll: » Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei shitemita. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

52 by Matheus050 »»
Jan 12, 6:04 PM

» Should I?

Jai_akash - Jan 6

12 by MK17_2 »»
Jan 8, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei shitemita. Episode 9 Discussion

49 by Matheus050 »»
Jan 5, 2:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.