Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 10, 2020 5:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Haha, even after all these years, Kuroko still shows her love for Misaka.

I'm so glad to see more Railgun anime again and the familiar characters. This also marked the return of level 5 Esper, Misaki. Considering she's been advertised from the PV and key visual, I'm not surprised she showed up in the first episode. Speaking of Level 5s, Mugino and ITEM are also back! Good to see Accelerator too.

One of the fresh faces we see is Sogiita Gunha! About time he showed up. Such a funny ending.
Stark700Jan 10, 2020 5:23 AM
Jan 10, 2020 5:27 AM

Aug 2013
Aaaand JC's bias toward Railgun is as strong as ever. They even reverted Accel's sfx back from the earlier seasons ffs.

Anyway it's nice to see Gunha finally animated. The intros of level 5s are neat as well. And holy shit Yobou finally talks!
Jan 10, 2020 5:32 AM
Jul 2019
That was a really good start! Those animations, backgrounds. Even filler scenes were great!
Upvote this title to have more rating!
Jan 10, 2020 5:49 AM

Apr 2017
loli_a_ravioli said:
Aaaand JC's bias toward Railgun is as strong as ever. They even reverted Accel's sfx back from the earlier seasons ffs.

Anyway it's nice to see Gunha finally animated. The intros of level 5s are neat as well. And holy shit Yobou finally talks!

I mean, it's Nagai directing it. Actually, JC kinda downgrades his talent but it is what we got.
Both Index and Accelerator's directors are bad, so, ofc this will look better.
Jan 10, 2020 5:59 AM

Aug 2013
Kaiser_Senpai said:
loli_a_ravioli said:

I mean, it's Nagai directing it. Actually, JC kinda downgrades his talent but it is what we got.
Both Index and Accelerator's directors are bad, so ofc this will look better than those.

JC knows that Index's director is bad. Hell they've known it since Index 2.

They just don't care enough for the main series to replace him. To them, it's not an anime about their mascot bug zapper and therefore not worth the effort.

And funnily enough Accelerator's manga is really bad that I think the anime actually improves it simply by the merit of having animation and voice acting.
Jan 10, 2020 6:02 AM

Apr 2010
Seems like a typical Railgun episode so far.
Just hoping this will make more sense than Index 3 which was a complete train wreck at some point.

Misaka going out of her way for Kuruko proves she does like here in a way despite her behaviour.
Jan 10, 2020 6:02 AM

Nov 2007
Acce. appears! I though he won't appear because of the cast photo not including him!
https://www.animatetimes.com/news/details.php?id=1578645267

Many characters appearing while preparing for a school festival? + that guy appearing in PV.

tsubasaloverJan 10, 2020 8:56 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 10, 2020 7:52 AM

Apr 2012
Can anyone tell me in what order to watch Index, Railgun and Accelerator? I heard that they need to be alternated, but I'm not sure. At the moment I am just finishing the first Index.
Jan 10, 2020 7:53 AM

May 2013
I watched mine in this order Railgun S1 and S2 then Index S1 and S2 then Index S3 then Accelerator then now Railgun T
Jan 10, 2020 8:01 AM
Jul 2018
RobertBobert said:
Can anyone tell me in what order to watch Index, Railgun and Accelerator? I heard that they need to be alternated, but I'm not sure. At the moment I am just finishing the first Index.

1- Index
2- Railgun
3- Index II
4- Railgun S
5- Index III
6- Accelerator
7- Railgun T

you don't need to watch Index III or Accelerator to watch Railgun T.
Jan 10, 2020 8:07 AM

Apr 2012
jasotaku said:
RobertBobert said:

1- Index
2- Railgun
3- Index II
4- Railgun S
5- Index III
6- Accelerator
7- Railgun T

Thanks for the simple and clear answer! So, after the third Index, can I watch them in any order?

Jan 10, 2020 8:26 AM

Jul 2016
So Yobou finally have a voice actor after all of his dialog were removed in Index III lol (Poor guy). They did a good job at adapts that Kakine's "angel" scenes lol, although Matsukaze's voice acting sounds a bit off in that scene. Oh and Gunha's voice fits him a lot.

I still don't know what should I said about that Mikoto's "double railgun" filler scene.
Jan 10, 2020 8:26 AM
Jul 2014
jasotaku said:
RobertBobert said:

1- Index
2- Railgun
3- Index II
4- Railgun S
5- Index III
6- Accelerator
7- Railgun T

Well technically wouldn't it be

Index I
Railgun
Railgun S
Railgun T
Index II
Accelerator
Index III

Chronologically, that is.
Jan 10, 2020 8:29 AM

Jul 2016
maxeraturee said:
jasotaku said:

1- Index
2- Railgun
3- Index II
4- Railgun S
5- Index III
6- Accelerator
7- Railgun T

Index I
Railgun
Railgun S
Railgun T
Index II
Accelerator
Index III

Nope, the actual chronological was:

1) Railgun
2) Index
3) Railgun S
4) Accelerator
5) Index II
6) Railgun T
7) Index III
Jan 10, 2020 9:30 AM

Feb 2016
At last the long wait is over
Glad to see all the level 5s (except one of course) get animated especially Misaki
With Genesis Testament (novel's third part) in February time to enjoy this season in its fullest
Jan 10, 2020 9:43 AM

Aug 2013
This series is finally back and the first episode was great.
It's good to see all the characters again, especially Kuroko. Man, I miss her.
"Thank you, shorts-wearing lady". That was funny.

Another great song by fripSide!

Jan 10, 2020 9:46 AM

Sep 2018
ONEE-SAMAAAA!!! ; U-I-HA-RU ! Ah Railgun is finally back!!!

First episode was amazing and animation looks so good!
Level 5 introductions were all great and its so nice to see No.7 Sogiita Gunha animated!
And fripSide never fails with Railgun OPs (cant wait for Touma and Sogiita!)

Cant wait for the next weeks episode :D
well that's just my opinion.....
Jan 10, 2020 9:54 AM

Nov 2019
It was a really good first episode. My hype came back !
Jan 10, 2020 10:00 AM

Feb 2019
Ayyy it's here, never seen any railgun or accelerator prior and only seen ep 1 of Index(will get back to it eventually) but I still wanted to watch because of how popular the series is and how cool "only my railgun was" wasn't disappointed or confused at all.

I'm sure I'm missing some context and backstory, but I'll get to the other series and LN's eventually. One thing I noticed is seems they censored Songita's shirt from the original PV to avoid controversy, unless that was a completely different scene. Looking forward to more. That OP bangs.
Jan 10, 2020 10:06 AM

Oct 2017
Ayy the Railgun of tokiwadai is finally back. ONEE SAMA!!! Really missed Kuroko's voice lol.

Smooth start and the visuals were great. The new op is good and I already want to see that scene from the op where rank 7 and Touma was fighting together. I wonder what rank 4 is planning, she's been really suspicious ever since she was introduced in s2.

Already excited af after the first episode. Really hyped for the rest of this season.
MegamiRemJan 10, 2020 10:09 AM
Jan 10, 2020 10:06 AM

Feb 2014
Waaitt, quick question..
If I've only watched the Railgun series, am I still able to just continue with this season? Or do I have to watch Index and Accelerator too?

"Later on, you will become a lively person causing headaches as the shrine-god."
Jan 10, 2020 10:08 AM

Oct 2017
ScarletCrystal said:
Waaitt, quick question..
If I've only watched the Railgun series, am I still able to just continue with this season? Or do I have to watch Index and Accelerator too?

You should watch Index s1 and s2 atleast. You should have started this series by watching Index s1 tbh.
Jan 10, 2020 10:13 AM

Aug 2017
I started watching Railgun around the last days of December 2018 and I'm glad that is back.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 10, 2020 10:17 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Awesome first episode!

It's been so long but Misaka is finally back! Whoo, that scene of her saving the day (albeit getting expelled as a result) was amazing, here's to hoping J.C. Staff will be able to keep up this quality throughout the season!

Misaka and the Clone coincidental meetup was really funny too, how many times has this happened in the series now? Lol @ that intense rock-paper-scissor to decide the loser. Never going to get tired of them!

Kuroko, meanwhile, is the same as ever xD, great to see. I'd a feeling she was in possession a book she shouldn't be having and seems like my hunch was right on the mark lol. Guess Kuroko will not be able to attend the fest after all.

Anyway, cool little return for Accelerator and Numbers 2 and 4! Really gave off a first episode feel, I suppose. Number 7 seems pretty interesting and .. energetic, yeah lol. Saten-san's remark was quite spot-on, I reckon.

Some obvious trouble brewing up, on the other hand. "Queen" is certainly up to something, I'm sure something is going to go down soon student officers (I guess that's what they're anyway).

Hyped for more! Come on J.C. Staff, let's do this!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 10, 2020 10:19 AM

Nov 2016
Lol, Kuroko still best girl for me.

Episode did really a good job at setting up the mood in the typical Railgun manner and I immediately got into it.

Opening is pretty hype again, might turn out even better than Sister's noise after listening to it a couple of times more.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 10, 2020 10:24 AM

Sep 2018
This episode gives me a sense of deja vu, perhaps it will be its introductory nature, a bit like what happened with the first episode of the first season. What immediately catches the eye, and it seems obvious to me, are the superior quality of the video, the drawings, the animations and the backgrounds, the latter really excellent. The narration has the right rhythm and the plot is already taking its first steps, better than this could not have started this third season of "Railgun". Yay!

Wow, for once they are among the first users to comment on a new anime series.
Terrablu2018Jan 10, 2020 10:29 AM
Jan 10, 2020 10:29 AM

Jul 2014
Wow pretty good first episode. After the disaster that was Index III I didn't expect to see Toaru looking good again but here we are.

This is one of the best arcs in Railgun and it's' pretty lengthy too. Lets hope JC staff deliver this time.

Kaiser_Senpai said:
loli_a_ravioli said:

The index director is HORRIBLE. IIRC he said in one interview that Index is all about baths and naked girls.

I hope he never touches this franchise again.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenJan 11, 2020 5:35 AM
Jan 10, 2020 10:38 AM

Oct 2013
Wish all the episode were out right now. Wasn't waiting around 7 years enough

It seems my concern for Gunha not sounding right was well founded after seeing all the roles his voice actor did on MAL

Real shame thats the case but hopefully Ill get used to it and move past the fact I wanted Yuuichi Nakamura to voice him
Jan 10, 2020 10:40 AM

Jul 2014
maxeraturee said:
jasotaku said:

1- Index
2- Railgun
3- Index II
4- Railgun S
5- Index III
6- Accelerator
7- Railgun T

Index I
Railgun
Railgun S
Railgun T
Index II
Accelerator
Index III

Railgun 1 takes place before Index...
Railgun S takes place during middle events of Index 1 and Railgun T "current season" takes place in the middle of Index 2 timeline.

It's a waste of time to try and watch them Chronologically because you will just jump between seasons mid-anime.
Jan 10, 2020 10:43 AM

Nov 2019
Devil_Slayer said:
Kaiser_Senpai said:

The index director is HORRIBLE. IIRC he said in one interview that Index is all about baths and naked girls.

I hope he never touches this franchise again.
I think we all agree on this. Let's see what Nagai is going to give us with this third season of railgun and if he will possibly be a probable director for NT.
Jan 10, 2020 10:55 AM

Aug 2009
They redid Misaki's introduction but kept Kongou as she is..... what the hell....

And they mention the Russia Mall events and since Xochitl is in the OP I am reminded that they havent animated Liberal Arts City either.Even tho they teased it in Railgun S.

But we got fillers....Still salty about that.

Misaka didnt have to use Railgun TWICE for that. She really didnt have to....but we needed that show I guess.

Aside from these bullshit, this is far better than the clusterfuck that was ANY episode of Index III. Hopefully this adaptation will keep up the quality from last season, even if they add nonsensical fillers later.

And not an issue with the adaptation but the one responsible for translating One-sama as Sissy is pretty fucking retarded.
Jan 10, 2020 10:56 AM

Jul 2012
Finally the wait is over!!! And great start even with some small additions for introduction! I hope/believe that J.C.Staff do not have any means to ruin this Railgun and the amazing upcoming Daihasei arc!
Mikoto is back <3 and love her new design, from PV already it looked really cool!
Saten's usual greeting for Uiharu and Kuroko's love =/
Also Gunha finally appears, GUTS!!!
Love the introduction screens for Level 5's.
Also new OP is great and Fripside as always delivers, already teased some upcoming battles.

Jan 10, 2020 11:02 AM

Jul 2014
Both Railgun anime were selling like hot cakes for JC staff and the upcoming Daihasei arc is the biggest arc in Railgun with HUGE cast and plotlines.

JC staff better nail this on if they know what they are doing.
Jan 10, 2020 11:10 AM

Oct 2019
All level 5 are here in this episode except rank 6.

The guy who tried to invite Accelerator in the Daihaseisai was the best part.
Jan 10, 2020 11:17 AM
Aug 2016
ScarletCrystal said:
Waaitt, quick question..

Yeah,it's totally fine to continue,Index or Accel aren't necessary.
Jan 10, 2020 11:24 AM

Jan 2008
I'm very glad the visuals weren't awful like the previous 2 titles of the series. If anything, the Railgun spinoffs seem to have some of the better visuals. I actually forgot how much I enjoyed this franchise because of the other titles.

Happy we get to see more clones already, always did enjoy seeing their interactions.
Jan 10, 2020 11:25 AM
Jul 2018
Hopefully this more explains throwing in all the level 5 espers in Magical Index III. Also Touma in the op and we saw accelerator. I want more.
Jan 10, 2020 11:37 AM

Oct 2013
RobertBobert said:
Eh sorry for being late but here a list from my old notes that I tried to update now real quick since I saw you asking

1. Railgun episode 1-14 and OVA.
2. Index episode 1-6.

3. Railgun episode 15-16.
4. Index 7-9.
5. Railgun episode 17-24

6. Railgun S episode 1-9

7. Index episode 10 and Railgun S episode 10-12
Index episode 11 and Railgun S episode 13
Index episode 12 and Railgun S episode 14
Index episode 13 and Railgun S episode 15
Index episode 14 and Railgun S episode 16

8. Railgun episode 17-20
9. Index episode 15-18, Index II episode 1, Index episode 19-24

10. Accelerator episode 1-12
11. Index II episode 2-7
12. Index The Miracle of Endymion movie

13. Index II episode 8-13
14. Railgun T episode 1-24/26 if no filler arcs as rumours said

15. Index II episode 14-24
16. Index III episode 1-26

You don't need to watch exactly in the episode order I listed in each section but I recommend you don't move onto another colour bracket until you've seen everything in their respective colouring group
Jan 10, 2020 11:41 AM

Oct 2010
Good start. This arc was a blast in the manga.

Only issue is the annoying subs using "sissy" (a word no sane person uses as anything other than derogatory). Even if it wasn't stupid, it's way too casual for a replacement of "onee-sama". Whoever decided "sissy" would be an okay localization should be banned from subbing/translating. They should've just left honorifics in too since they're using Japanese name orders. They they got the double "I" in "Sogiita" correct but not the "ou" in "Shokuhou" (they put "Shokuho").

Also based on the TV version alone, the new opening theme is the worst one yet but that's not saying much since the previous ones were among the best anison themes of all time.

As for what order to watch them in? Don't stress it. Just watch the shows in release order.
KougeruJan 10, 2020 11:47 AM
Jan 10, 2020 11:45 AM
Jun 2019
Railgun is great, and this first episode was great too. Finally got to see another level five in the series.
Jan 10, 2020 11:48 AM

Jul 2007
Oh god...
Oh god......
OH GOD

I was fanboying so hard throught the whole episode. The nostalgia, the feelings, the ost, the animation, the colors, THE VOICE ACTORS, MISAKA, KUROKO ONEEEEE SAMA, UIHARU KYAAAAAAAA

I don't even know. I don't have a single negative comment. Absolutely loved it. I'v read the manga and I think this is my favorite arc so far and I can see that they are gonna perfectly adapt it. This is gonna be such a joy. I have no idea how Railgun can be such a strong 10/10 and Index being... Index. Anyways. I really hope that I won't eat my words and that they will continue the awesome job for the whole season.

5/5 + 10/10. I'm not even sure if I ever rated an anime again from the first episode in all these years I'm in MAL but alas I'm too deep into the fanboy mode.
Jan 10, 2020 11:50 AM

Nov 2010
Really liked the first episode. This gives me hope that JC staff won't butcher this adaptation like they did with Index III.
Jan 10, 2020 11:56 AM

Jul 2014
Deknijff said:
RobertBobert said:
Eh sorry for being late but here a list from my old notes that I tried to update now real quick since I saw you asking

1. Railgun episode 1-14 and OVA.
2. Index episode 1-6.

3. Railgun episode 15-16.
4. Index 7-9.
5. Railgun episode 17-24

6. Railgun S episode 1-9

7. Index episode 10 and Railgun S episode 10-12
Index episode 11 and Railgun S episode 13
Index episode 12 and Railgun S episode 14
Index episode 13 and Railgun S episode 15
Index episode 14 and Railgun S episode 16

8. Railgun episode 17-20
9. Index episode 15-18, Index II episode 1, Index episode 19-24

10. Accelerator episode 1-12
11. Index II episode 2-7
12. Index The Miracle of Endymion movie

13. Index II episode 8-13
14. Railgun T episode 1-24/26 if no filler arcs as rumours said

15. Index II episode 14-24
16. Index III episode 1-26

You don't need to watch exactly in the episode order I listed in each section but I recommend you don't move onto another colour bracket until you've seen everything in their respective colouring group

I say one should skip the sister arc in Index at all. The Railgun version of the arc is way superior tbh and it ruins the first experience of watching it first if you see Index version of it. Railgun even goes out of it way to show Touma's side of things so you are not really missing anything by skipping Sister arc in Index.
Jan 10, 2020 12:00 PM

Dec 2014
Railgun is baaacccckkkkk

Great first ep and nice intro. Been a long while since I read the manga so I kinda forgot what happens lol, but very much looking forward to more.
I need sleep.
Jan 10, 2020 12:03 PM

Oct 2013
Devil_Slayer said:
I say one should skip the sister arc in Index at all. The Railgun version of the arc is way superior tbh and it ruins the first experience of watching it first if you see Index version of it
I mean if it ruins it for you too bad for you I guess

Watching both at the same time just enhances the experience for me tbh despite different/conflicting scene locations for the same events happening on screen

Jan 10, 2020 12:23 PM

Aug 2009
Considering that Index's adaptation of Sisters arc is crap and actually contradicts what happens in Railgun, skipping it is the right option.

Lackluster animation, lackluster ost, lackluster direction. Only the voice acting is good in Index and even then Railgun delivers better even if it is the same fucking cast.
Jan 10, 2020 12:37 PM

Apr 2017
What an explosive start to a new Railgun-series. It really didn't disappoint, although I also liked the third season of Index, which I've heard was rather disappointing to many people. But for me it's really nice to see the full cast again. This time we also got an introduction to most of the level 5 espers, of which some where unknown in the anime. It seems interesting that they are featured that prominently in the first episode. There might be a point where they will all be relevant again.

The story itself didn't offer too much from just the first episode, but to me it seems we will get to see some parts from the Daihasei Festival previously shown in the second season of Index. Not sure what new elements to expect from that, so I will have to wait and find out. I'm sure this will be a rather slow take on the festival which was rather rushed in Index.
Jan 10, 2020 12:40 PM

Oct 2013
ssjokg said:
Considering that Index's adaptation of Sisters arc is crap and actually contradicts what happens in Railgun, skipping it is the right option.
As far as I'm concerned Index came out first so if anything Railgun S contradicts Index, but that doesn't mean Id say one should skip Railgun

As far as I'm concerned its best to watch both versions at the same time so you get things fully from both Touma's , Misaka's and Accelerator's perspective since the Arc is like the most important to the whole series
ssjokg said:
Lackluster animation, lackluster ost, lackluster direction. Only the voice acting is good in Index and even then Railgun delivers better even if it is the same fucking cast.
I mean thats your point of view I guess. I don't care about those things especially the part about the animation since there is a 5 year gap between production along with art style of the franchise evolving in that span too so it'll of course look different which in the grand scheme of things isn't important either.
Id like to just say also saying OST is lacklustre is rather up to preference so shouldn't be used as an argument to skip a Arc since for all we know the guy who asked for watch order might end up preferring Index soundtrack wise over Railgun
Jan 10, 2020 12:40 PM
Mar 2019
jasotaku said:
RobertBobert said:

1- Index
2- Railgun
3- Index II
4- Railgun S
5- Index III
6- Accelerator
7- Railgun T

well but they do cite russia, so i think index III will be important
Jan 10, 2020 12:45 PM
Jul 2018
Soulmastte said:
jasotaku said:

1- Index
2- Railgun
3- Index II
4- Railgun S
5- Index III
6- Accelerator
7- Railgun T

well but they do cite russia, so i think index III will be important

When they said Russia, they meant the Railgun SS2 LN
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2020

127 by cebrayillia »»
Mar 15, 4:22 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2020

105 by cebrayillia »»
Mar 15, 4:03 PM

» Season 4?

removed-user - Jan 20, 2022

10 by waalex11 »»
Mar 13, 3:25 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2020

56 by Karva1 »»
Mar 4, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aversa - Aug 7, 2020

54 by Karva1 »»
Mar 4, 3:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.