Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 9, 2020 12:37 PM

Dec 2016
TsukuyomiREKT said:

I'm condescending towards dumb trolls like you, not just everyone I disagree with.

Your post history with more than 4k vapid comments contradicting everyone that doesn't sit with your deluded opinion (even when you don't have one) says otherwise.
Jan 9, 2020 12:41 PM

May 2015
Kimurah said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

I'm condescending towards dumb trolls like you, not just everyone I disagree with.

Your post history contradicting everyone that doesn't sit with your deluded opinion (even when you don't have one) says otherwise.

Coming from Mr. I'll shit on this ranndom person because they like this show I don't, and made a review that I don't agree with

Jan 9, 2020 12:44 PM

Feb 2015
Not impressed by the first episode. Talking animals, generic MC and average animation. I've giving this one or two episodes tops.

I've seen far too many of these type shows and so far this offers nothing new.
Jan 9, 2020 12:44 PM

Dec 2016
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Kimurah said:

Your post history contradicting everyone that doesn't sit with your deluded opinion (even when you don't have one) says otherwise.

Coming from Mr. I'll shit on this ranndom person because they like this show I don't, and made a review that I don't agree with

You're shitting on just random people in this thread too. Remember your lame butthurt fanboy comment "People are allowed to have a different opinion than you."

You're not even commenting about the show, that just shows how much of a waste your comments are (no wonder you've massed 4K comments in your pathetic stay in this site)

Go outside and get some sun kid, it might even give you some ideas on how to make a retort.
Jan 9, 2020 12:48 PM

May 2015
Kimurah said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

You're shitting on just random people in this thread too. Remember your lame butthurt fanboy comment "People are allowed to have a different opinion than you."

You're not even commenting about the show, that just shows how much of a waste your comments are (no wonder you've massed 4K comments in your pathetic stay in this site)

Go outside and get some sun kid, it might even give you some ideas on how to make a retort.

The difference is that you deserve it. The dude you're making fun of doesn't.

I like looking at forums to see what people are saying about shows, even if I haven't seen them. I don't need to have seen the show to point out that you're an asswipe.

Get a life and stop trolling people on an anime database website.

Jan 9, 2020 12:59 PM

Apr 2012
Kimurah said:

This isn't a videogame, animation isn't judged with "graphics", it's called artstyle or simply art

Ok mr. Passive Agressive, I took the only thing out that wasnt you repeating yourself again but then with different words.

'Graphics' was being used before computer games was even a thing. Its a general term that can be used how a presentation, a theater / movie i.e. can be presented as a whole. The way that the game was introduced through the bunny, the setting and the way it was drawn, the transition into the city. The city itself. It fit as a whole.
Now for the actual art, it was decent to good, meaning the actual drawing of persona's and objects was well done, without it being cgi'd. Nor did it look like any of the bad 80's stuff I watched. The art-style I like, like the sword and the armour of the maid, it reminds me of a couple of japanese RPG's I have played.
There are also alot of frames per second, so transitions are smooth and combat scenes don't feel clunky, and the world feels alive.

Any other oneliners you want to throw at me?
FluxjeJan 9, 2020 1:03 PM
Jan 9, 2020 1:03 PM

Jun 2015
Hot damn, this is some terrible, horrible garbage! It's so bad!
Jan 9, 2020 1:45 PM

Apr 2015
It was decent, but overall I am not overly impressed. The bear brother with the minigun was probably the best part! Time will tell if I will continue it or not.
Jan 9, 2020 1:55 PM
Jul 2016
Dr4kon said:
It was mentioned that the NPCs have human-level cognisance. Which means it is not possible to differentiate them from actual humans just by behaviour. Which also makes killing them to be morally wrong. How is this game still allowed?

Also, a jobless lvl 0 gets a lvl 5 quest (which apparently is high, do quest levels work on a different scale?), which involves a lvl 210 character not capable of beating the monsters, yet the lvl 0 is? After which the reward of the quest is a single piece of cheap fruit?
Yeah, if you don't want the numbers to matter, don't mention them. And don't make it an MMORPG, where the numbers are very important.

Not only that, but it's completely baffling how the main character didn't know that from the get go like you would think the fact the game creators somehow made actual intelligent life forms that it would be worldwide phenomenal news. Just plain ridiculous from whoever thought this wouldn't have any sort of impact in the real world.
Jan 9, 2020 2:17 PM

Jun 2010
This seemed a million times better than other VRMMO Anime with the girl who put all of her stats into vitality.

It actually gives you a reason to care about anything that happens in that world, and established somewhat how the game works before thrusting a bunch of nonsense on the viewer.
Jan 9, 2020 2:21 PM

Jun 2019
Definitely a typical bland, but not boring introductory episode. This was and is still my most anticipated anime this season, mostly due to the light novel's success, though I expected the first episode would be just "okay".

I still think the potential for this show is very high. It really all depends on how well NAZ executes the adaptation.
professional women respecter
Jan 9, 2020 2:22 PM

Jul 2019
That was so boring. The beginning gave me the false hope that this show is trying to troll or best SAO in a way or at least have some clever self-aware jokes. Instead I got to watch a dead average, if that, anime that is taking itself seriously despite being so... bland? Maybe I force myself through episodes 2-3 but so far I have little to no hope.
Jan 9, 2020 2:24 PM

Jun 2019
neonie said:
This seemed a million times better than other VRMMO Anime with the girl who put all of her stats into vitality.

It actually gives you a reason to care about anything that happens in that world, and established somewhat how the game works before thrusting a bunch of nonsense on the viewer.
I definitely agree with this. This show's plot is definitely a lot more interesting than a typical VRMMO/Isekai, however, it still really does depend on how well the plot and characters are executed.
Jan 9, 2020 2:30 PM
Mar 2019
I Really dont know why People shittalking this anime After 1 episode... There are rarely animes that do Really well in 1 episode, since there are more than 1 episode for a story to tell.
So far i Think they did an amazing Job considering the odds against (NAZ, isekai, etc.) Nothing compared to the crap we got from arifureta.
Jan 9, 2020 2:37 PM

Jun 2019
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Kimurah said:

I like looking at forums to see what people are saying about shows, even if I haven't seen them. I don't need to have seen the show to point out that you're an asswipe.

The man's profile picture is legit Simon Cowell what y'all expecting lmao.
Jan 9, 2020 2:41 PM

Oct 2010
This was pretty bad. Starting with the generic plot, it's just dull so far. MC is awfully boring, is brother isn't funny. Then somehow this game is dumb too. Level 0 can withstand attacks from monsters a level 200+ can't kill? Lmao what? How did he not just get 2-shot over and over? Animation was pretty low quality too. I didn't expect much from NAZ but this was honestly worse than I expected. Nothing outright offensive but the "game" makes no sense if a level 0 and level 200 are that close in strength.

Then Funimation's subtitles were freaking terrible. "Sissy"? That's 99% of the time a derogatory word. Almost no one in the modern world uses it in a positive manner even toward sisters. Then they subbed "Milia" as just "Mili". That hurt my head to read a different name than what I was seeing. Just terrible localization decisions.
Jan 9, 2020 2:46 PM

Nov 2017
I quite enjoyed that,not a bad adaption for an LN that I enjoy reading.
And as for the protag being OP,you're in for a shock hopefully ;)
Jan 9, 2020 2:48 PM

Nov 2017
yxckson said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

The man's profile picture is legit Simon Cowell what y'all expecting lmao.
Damn,I laughed a lot at that :)

Btw TsukuyomiREKT
,nice avatar pic,I heartily approve :)
StarhammerJan 9, 2020 2:53 PM
Jan 9, 2020 3:05 PM
Feb 2009
this one was way to generic I'll give it another 2 episodes I guess
Jan 9, 2020 3:10 PM
Nov 2018
Amazingly, an isekai where the main character doesn't have a generic Japanese look with black hair (to fulfill the dream of being the average Japanese teenage guy who gets to go to a world full of hot White girls). Well, he has black hair when he's not in the game, of course.

Interesting show, will see after three episodes if I should keep watching. It seems they have a decent plan for this.

But the "Grizzl" got old the first time it appeard. "Kuma" in Japanese sounds way better. They should have just translated it to "Bear" like in the manga. I skimmed through the first pages of the manga - but the anime looks much better.
Jan 9, 2020 3:21 PM

Jul 2017
SAO is that you? Majority and loosely inspired, but then again, the haphazard first impressions just tempt me to massive caution with YET another VR MMORPG show (which seems like the trend starting the new decade, replacing Isekai on the game front).

Typical newbie MC in another world much, the vibes are just too strong from the get-go. Same goes with the "Damsel in Distress" aspect, and everything else in between, in genericness.

This'll be the average-to-mediocre show of the season, that's for sure on all fronts.
Jan 9, 2020 3:47 PM

Jan 2017
Well this looks like a poor man's SAO...
Jan 9, 2020 3:59 PM

Apr 2014
Good episode, but the sad part is the main heroine is not real human lol.
Jan 9, 2020 4:26 PM

Mar 2019
This anime... left a bad taste in my mouth :)

Jan 9, 2020 4:32 PM
Jun 2017
Its nice for its first episode, so im going to watch this one
Jan 9, 2020 5:36 PM
Jul 2016
To be honest, the reason I still like SAO is because of how Kawahara wrote his VRMMORPG technology and the world building for each arc. I also like part how AI technology that is able to move a military from a large country shows that perfect AI is very irrelevant for CASUAL stories. He writes it step by step so that the reader can accept the contents of the story without complaining like, "Doesn't that make sense ??"

That is also the reason why most VRMMO stories today are difficult to accept because of their poor VR concept and world building

And for this I'm really confused what to comment. Infinite Dendrogram is said to be infinite VRMMO, but the beginning of the story is very bad. Getting the MC involved in a high level quest with powerful enemies and getting strength from nowhere then the enemy immediately died makes me think "Wow, didn't he say his level is 0? How strong is level 210? Or is this just MCOP-be like ability?". Well, let's agree if the players and NPCs have different strengths (because this is the only way to make sense)

The plot is nothing special so I can't say much, especially since it's only 1 eps, even though I have a little picture so far

The character is also boring, just an ordinary MC, I can't feel any vibrations that I usually feel when watching anime genre fantasy at first.

And do you know what I hate the most? Because VRMMO in this anime obviously doesn't make sense to me.
Jan 9, 2020 6:12 PM

Jul 2014
This was amazingly dull, it felt so bland, empty, dead etc.
Not worth wasting my time on and Im kinda glad it wasnt good, got too much on my watch list now.
-drop
Jan 9, 2020 6:17 PM

Aug 2015
the bear dude was moderately amusing but everything else was generic mmo anime to the max. my expectations weren't very high since this genre is usually pretty generic and mediocre anyway. definitely didn't totally hate it, but if i have less time to watch as the season goes on, this is absolutely gonna be the first thing to go. mc definitely needs to develop an actual personality, and fast.
Jan 9, 2020 7:01 PM

Jul 2015
While watching this, the only thought in my head was "Spring can't come soon enough".

Pass
Jan 9, 2020 7:16 PM

Jan 2011
put me right the fuck to sleep, quite a few VRMMO's this season ,just another example of this type of genre refusing to grow

shame the LN artist makes this look way more interesting at first glance and none of that translated to the anime lol
Jan 9, 2020 7:19 PM

Mar 2016
I had this episode playing in my TV, but was more invested browsing reddit instead of watching it. In one moment I was looking at Kirito with a cat to, and then he was fighting against some monsters and then a cute girl was at his side. Didn't catch anything, so... Yeah, dropped.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jan 9, 2020 7:30 PM

Jul 2015
katsu044 said:
put me right the fuck to sleep, quite a few VRMMO's this season ,just another example of this type of genre refusing to grow

shame the LN artist makes this look way more interesting at first glance and none of that translated to the anime lol

we need more good vrmmo animes
Jan 9, 2020 9:01 PM

Aug 2014
I probably gonna give it 2 more episode's to decide if i should drop this show or not
Jan 9, 2020 9:07 PM

Mar 2008
Pedo_Bear_on_Roids_-_The_Animation

Jokes aside, I really liked the first episode. Nemesis is cute.
Jan 9, 2020 11:16 PM

Oct 2008
VRRMO again?
any similarities with that other show "Itai" ??? lolz
infinite quests huh...
let's see...
i got a bit sleepy watching this 1st episode but compared to 'Itai' I was totally overjoyed on that show...lolz
3/5.

Jan 10, 2020 12:35 AM

May 2013
Slept in nearly 4 times during the episode, pretty good sign. Only question what I have, will Nemesis be able to carry this show over one cour or not since she seems to be the only barely interesting thing of the anime
Jan 10, 2020 1:34 AM

Oct 2019
I suspect this is the one with glasses who gave insect poison to his brother Starling Shu (Kuma) 😕
Jan 10, 2020 2:11 AM

May 2013
Yeeeezus that was utterly disappointing. Lame catchphrase, dumb lets act like NPC's are real concept, tipic little sister scenario, calling your servant "embryo" WTF???, embryo turning into a gigantic flashy sword, embyro has a maiden costume OFC, lvl 0 character one shotting a much stronger enemy etc.

Garbaaaage~~~
Jan 10, 2020 2:54 AM
Nov 2015
I hope the bear puns are better in the Dub, Because That was disappointing.

The person that did the subs didnt even try, so might wait for the Dub.
Jan 10, 2020 2:58 AM

Aug 2018
Ooooooooooh yeah another isekai shit let go
First ep was good
Jan 10, 2020 4:00 AM
May 2019
This is the most generic isekai that I've seen since Isekai Cheat Magician.
Animation and artstyle are below average.
Characters are generic, dull and boring.
There are no stakes in this world even if you die you can just comeback.
The worst thing that can happen is you lose progress on some quest and maybe some faceless generic NPC is going to die Whoopty Fuckin' Doo.
Power balance in this games are completely off.
Players that are level 0 shouldn't get quests that are way above their level.
Centipede that is level 200+ should be able to one shot level 0.
Battles should be based on tactics and not just on power levels, I thought we learned this lesson from Dragon Ball Super and other shounens and isekai I guess not. The battle ends in the most anticlimactic way imaginable, the loli comes out of mcguffin that's on protagonist hand transforms into a sword and kills centipede in one shot that's it.
And after he completes a quest that is way above his level what does he get as a reward, epic loot, some rare item, maybe a huge experience boost no a fruit that's right a reward is a fruit but our garystu protagonist is satisfied just with a fact that he helped those two faceless npcs out, that is totally how I imagine VRMMO players would react😒😒😒😒
This is going to be a typical LN trash were the author is making things up as he goes along.
Jan 10, 2020 4:00 AM
Aug 2018
I am just going to throw something out there, but my guess is that his ability has to do with damage received = damage does because of the word vengeance. Also if he has an ability like this and his brother has a mini gun can we assume that all players have some kind of ability that is considered “OP”. Overall its just speculation going to keep an open mind for whats next since there is not much to watch this season.
Jan 10, 2020 4:16 AM
Sep 2017
Kougeru said:
This was pretty bad. Starting with the generic plot, it's just dull so far. MC is awfully boring, is brother isn't funny. Then somehow this game is dumb too. Level 0 can withstand attacks from monsters a level 200+ can't kill? Lmao what? How did he not just get 2-shot over and over? Animation was pretty low quality too. I didn't expect much from NAZ but this was honestly worse than I expected. Nothing outright offensive but the "game" makes no sense if a level 0 and level 200 are that close in strength.

Then Funimation's subtitles were freaking terrible. "Sissy"? That's 99% of the time a derogatory word. Almost no one in the modern world uses it in a positive manner even toward sisters. Then they subbed "Milia" as just "Mili". That hurt my head to read a different name than what I was seeing. Just terrible localization decisions.

You probably didn't pay attention to the detail. Right before MC enter the area, his brother give him four "dragonscale ward" and one "lifesaving brooch" (not really detailed but you still can see he give those item). That's why MC can withstand monster attack with the item. It basically nullify life-dangering attack with one hp left (I forgot what the exact effect). MC also kill the monster with skill, again this isn't detailed but that skill basically return damage time two to the giver, that's why he can one hit kill the monster.
I-yas-yesJan 10, 2020 4:20 AM
Jan 10, 2020 4:24 AM
Sep 2017
And if anyone think that the item given to the MC is really OP, well it's priced one million currency.

I can't really blame people when they have low score since as LN reader I also don't feel really that excited but to shit-talk the anime and demand all explanation in the FIRST episode is...
I-yas-yesJan 10, 2020 7:32 AM
Jan 10, 2020 4:56 AM

Jun 2013
Sword art online is that you?
Jan 10, 2020 5:36 AM

May 2012
Not too bad

But Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. is much better

Jan 10, 2020 7:05 AM
Dec 2019
Kimurah said:
Asshhh said:
You are toooo easily pleased if u don't see any problems with this show

That's the understatement of the decade. @Marinate1016 is the kind of users in here that are fully satisfied with any waifu show. If you want some good laughs you should read his/her review on Fire Force calling it one of the more original takes on shonen, and how the fanservice never bothered him/her.
Love that from you
AsshhhJan 10, 2020 11:27 AM
Jan 10, 2020 7:08 AM
Dec 2019
Kimurah said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

People are allowed to have a different opinion than you.

This is rich coming from you, since you're always condescending to others, even if you agree when a show is bad or even if you haven't seen it and have no idea what others are speaking of
Good looks my guy, thx for backing me up on this one
Jan 10, 2020 7:53 AM

Apr 2012
SOO many people comparing this to SAO, and often they have relatively young accounts.
Is SaO the only virtual world, other world anime you have seen? You do realise there are many more, and better ones that came before and after SaO.
RIGHT?

In fact I havent seen a single comparison with SaO aside from the fact it plays out in a virtual mmorpg. Is it just tiny brains at work, are most people here severely underaged, or have you barely seen any anime?
Jan 10, 2020 8:16 AM

Dec 2016
TheDeedsOfMen said:
I won't praise the LN to high heaven, but some of the criticism is hasty. You can't really expect the story to get very far in the first episode.

fair point but BOFURI manage to be more interesting also in just 1 episode.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2020

78 by gakuendo »»
Aug 16, 2023 12:26 AM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2020

30 by toralbabs »»
May 24, 2023 8:31 AM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2020

20 by toralbabs »»
May 24, 2023 4:46 AM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2020

43 by toralbabs »»
May 24, 2023 1:51 AM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2020

32 by toralbabs »»
May 23, 2023 9:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.