Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
#1
Jan 9, 4:40 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 27
Why people hating it just after watching one episode and 6.66 seriously?? I don't know what's the logic behind rating the series just after one episode when we don't even where it is going.
Or maybe it is too much for shounen-tards to handle??
 
#2
Jan 9, 5:23 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 2344
I don't know what your talking about 6.66 is a perfect score LoL
This type of show is going to go over the head of the average viewer, not everyone can appreciate deep and complex stories, some may lack attention span necessary to enjoy such stories, alot of anime fans would rather watch simple and relaxing stories that don't require much thought process.
Modified by Xstasy, Jan 9, 5:31 AM




愛することは何もありません。愛されることは何かがあります。でも、愛することと愛されることは全てです。

 
#3
Jan 9, 5:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 135
6.66 is best score by far.

are we really asking why people judge things unfairly? are we really doing this? you don't know the logic behind it because you use your brain more

>imagine rating a show after one episode in the first place
Modified by Viltas, Jan 9, 5:40 AM
 
#4
Jan 9, 6:11 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 119
I don't hate it and i'm looking forward to this anime. I guess i'm just a bit confused after the first episode but i'm sure it would be explained later on in the anime.
 
#5
Jan 9, 6:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 34
Friendly reminder that ratings will never matter.
At least to me personally.

Critics,people,media they all suck haha.
 
#6
Jan 9, 6:50 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 13
Well honestly this anime doesn't deserve a 6.66..not by a long shot..ND idk why such retards exist on MAL.. anyways..ignore them..this show has a ton of potential..ND I really liked it's start..
 
#7
Jan 9, 7:06 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 2083
Because most of these shounentards can't understand undertones and need the main character to yell everything obvious out to them.
FUCK THE CHARACTER COUNT CHECK!
 
#8
Jan 9, 7:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 2432
The initial score reminds me of Occultic;Nine which was around 6.66 if my memory serves right. But this one started way more strange and unconventional from the very first minute. I really love to watch something very good untypical show there hasn't been much lately other than Babylon which is sort of mixed bag at best so really hope this gets better. Only real problem to me so far the color design feels unfitting and I feel it should had been somewhat duller like Kokkoku or last year's Boogiepop phantom.
 
#9
Jan 9, 8:17 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 1
the present and art is magnificent, it is not that hard to understand but you just have to really focus on what they say and what it show. I'm sure that the score will rise. The show was just started, And I will keep my eyes on this anime! It is not everyday we got something this level, it is challenging to understand what the show is really want to represent or tell us.
 
Jan 9, 10:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 173
Lmao people expected some isekai harem garbage what else do you expect of modern mal viewers
 
Jan 9, 10:48 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 4
I want to be hero or king of Smth, my best friend is my real rival, having the sword, competing to win the main character, boob fondling, nice ass, girls touching each other (but they are not lesbians, they love the main character, please don't mistake), red cheeks, cat ears and ...
Just some of the main components for anime that easily passes the 8 score in the MAL ...
If they watch something similar to a gay scene (only in anime, not in film or on television) their minds going blank ... scenes like this have the potential to cover the whole story ... you know, in their brains these scenes are very bold, can't stop thinking "what was that? F*cking gay scene !!!! i don't like it ... i want to take revenge on it ... ha ha ha"... Drop it immediately with a low score ... and find another anime that has the key components ... the story of some haters ... not all.
Modified by Zeta-Ewigkeit, Jan 9, 11:34 AM

Ah, of course... Pick any finger you LIKE.


 
Jan 9, 12:30 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 4
wow, a lot of people on this forum don't get rating systems and how they're "subjective".

Don't feel personally attacked when others don't like something as much as you do... it's all cool


Also: I actually thought this thread was gonna be about how they portrait "your friends are turning gay" and "your friend kills himself" as two equally horrible things to hallucinate about...... I'm kinda pissed off at that tbh
 
Jan 9, 2:15 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 8
Lol Shounen tards? Nice nickname you got there, obviously perfect for any normies out there.
I can’t blame someone for their brain working so slow and just because it’s bit confusing from the very beginning. Moreover they decided to score it without thinking twice. I mean just imagine, they will not going to prefer the idea of wasting their minimal braincells. like some recumbent flat brains will prefer to score before watching.
Well it’s all fine, I’ll look forward to this anime as well, if it messed up ( like seven pooply sins ) then there will be no end to reprobation
 
Jan 9, 3:16 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 62
Rodawi said:

Also: I actually thought this thread was gonna be about how they portrait "your friends are turning gay" and "your friend kills himself" as two equally horrible things to hallucinate about...... I'm kinda pissed off at that tbh


Dunno how about you, but if my friends (or rather, lodgers) suddenly started stripping off and licking each other's chests right in front of me in our shared compartments, I'd be pretty shaken. Like, take it to your bedroom for crying out loud. xD
For sake of clarity: I don't think there was meant to be any established comparison between suicide and making out; the aim was to create a trippy atmosphere, and that worked for me (the eye in? on? the wall? come on). Also the guy had been teasing the two kids about their 'gayness' prior to the hallucination (and I don't think it any stranger than if he'd tease a girl/guy duo in the same regard) and the idea began lurking around in his head, so no wonder that scene happened. Subconscious is a bitch.
Modified by littlecrisis, Jan 9, 3:24 PM
 
Jan 9, 4:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 215
Zeta-Ewigkeit said:
I want to be hero or king of Smth, my best friend is my real rival, having the sword, competing to win the main character, boob fondling, nice ass, girls touching each other (but they are not lesbians, they love the main character, please don't mistake), red cheeks, cat ears and ...
Just some of the main components for anime that easily passes the 8 score in the MAL ...
If they watch something similar to a gay scene (only in anime, not in film or on television) their minds going blank ... scenes like this have the potential to cover the whole story ... you know, in their brains these scenes are very bold, can't stop thinking "what was that? F*cking gay scene !!!! i don't like it ... i want to take revenge on it ... ha ha ha"... Drop it immediately with a low score ... and find another anime that has the key components ... the story of some haters ... not all.
I totally agree with you, I wouldn't explain it better.
 
Jan 9, 4:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 215
Imo, a lot of people don't catch the same substance of some kind of animes.
It's subjetive, most of the people not like the same stuff than others.

Maybe what you can find really great there are others who can't stand it.

What it's really wrong it's give an non objetive score to shows simply in unfairly mode and without see the complete show just trowing it.

Of course not all the people think the same and they just rate as they want without regrets. .
 
Jan 9, 6:57 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 4
Personally I enjoy it a lot so far and think it deserves a MUCH better score. It has a good plot and I like the complexity of the story so far, psychological stories usually get my attention. Don’t listen to the ratings, watch it and decide for yourself.
 
Jan 10, 4:03 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 1
I hope some people here are actually joking. To be frank, I haven't watched this show yet, but did plan on it, hence why I'm here, so I can't talk about the quality of the show itself.
However, it just makes a show look bad if people are pretentious defending it; people can understand something and still dislike it - just because you liked it, doesn't mean everyone who didn't is an idiot.
Like I said, I pray that people are just ironically joking, but if you're not, come on man. Come on
 
Jan 10, 5:25 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 27
Zeta-Ewigkeit said:
I want to be hero or king of Smth, my best friend is my real rival, having the sword, competing to win the main character, boob fondling, nice ass, girls touching each other (but they are not lesbians, they love the main character, please don't mistake), red cheeks, cat ears and ...
Just some of the main components for anime that easily passes the 8 score in the MAL ...
If they watch something similar to a gay scene (only in anime, not in film or on television) their minds going blank ... scenes like this have the potential to cover the whole story ... you know, in their brains these scenes are very bold, can't stop thinking "what was that? F*cking gay scene !!!! i don't like it ... i want to take revenge on it ... ha ha ha"... Drop it immediately with a low score ... and find another anime that has the key components ... the story of some haters ... not all.

Well I'm stunned
No better explanation than this
 
Jan 10, 6:39 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 4
littlecrisis said:
Rodawi said:

Also: I actually thought this thread was gonna be about how they portrait "your friends are turning gay" and "your friend kills himself" as two equally horrible things to hallucinate about...... I'm kinda pissed off at that tbh


Dunno how about you, but if my friends (or rather, lodgers) suddenly started stripping off and licking each other's chests right in front of me in our shared compartments, I'd be pretty shaken. Like, take it to your bedroom for crying out loud. xD
For sake of clarity: I don't think there was meant to be any established comparison between suicide and making out; the aim was to create a trippy atmosphere, and that worked for me (the eye in? on? the wall? come on). Also the guy had been teasing the two kids about their 'gayness' prior to the hallucination (and I don't think it any stranger than if he'd tease a girl/guy duo in the same regard) and the idea began lurking around in his head, so no wonder that scene happened. Subconscious is a bitch.



This is honestly a very fair way to look at it, and you might be right. I just wish they'd have them be brothers or something. Then, at the very least, the shock value would be: "WTF ARE YOU DOING, YOU'RE FAMILY" rather than: "WTF ARE YOU DOING, YOU'RE BOTH DUDES". It just bothers me that homosexual stuff has to be framed in such a negative way.

Zeta-Ewigkeit said:
in their brains these scenes are very bold, can't stop thinking "what was that? F*cking gay scene !!!! i don't like it ... i want to take revenge on it ... ha ha ha"... Drop it immediately with a low score ... and find another anime that has the key components ... the story of some haters ... not all.


So for me, it's not that there's gay stuff in it, but that it's portrait in such a horrible way.


Knowing how Japan still is when it comes to accepting the LGBTQ-community, I'm somewhat sceptical about the author's intent here...
 
Jan 10, 6:57 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 7
I loved the first episode.
 
Jan 10, 9:53 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 38
6.66 is a cursed rating
♬ Tell me why Tell why Tell me what u want♬
 
Jan 10, 12:54 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 5
SkyDrop said:
The initial score reminds me of Occultic;Nine which was around 6.66 if my memory serves right. But this one started way more strange and unconventional from the very first minute. I really love to watch something very good untypical show there hasn't been much lately other than Babylon which is sort of mixed bag at best so really hope this gets better. Only real problem to me so far the color design feels unfitting and I feel it should had been somewhat duller like Kokkoku or last year's Boogiepop phantom.

Did Occultic;Nine really have that score?... There is a lot of stuff that goes over most people's head with that series. Same with Steins;Gate since it leaves a lot of stuff out from the VN.
Babylon is amazing in my opinion but I understand other people who think the dialogues and the action of the character seem forces and stupid.

Pet has a great start.
Mango-man-dangO said:
6.66 is a cursed rating


 
Jan 10, 7:22 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 11
It's pretty obvious. It combines genres that most majority of people will find hard to appreciate. Not everyone prefers to think while watching tv series, hence why phenomenal shows like Serial Experiments Lain only has over 8.00 rating. Remember, Mal ratings are based on what most people like. There is a reason why My Hero Academia is popular. Cause many are shonen-fans, many find it entertaining and most people prefer just simple action shows or escapism shows nowadays.
Of course, it's completely reasonable to be turned off some gay scenes, but I don't think we should judge a book by its cover. Besides, what do you expect from a psychological, mystery seinen anime who has some casts who previously worked on movies from Satoshi Kun? Long story short, this anime is not for everyone. It's mostly for fans of such niche genres that will enjoy this series.
 
Jan 10, 7:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 1186
Rodawi said:
Knowing how Japan still is when it comes to accepting the LGBTQ-community, I'm somewhat sceptical about the author's intent here...


"Knowing how Japan is when it comes to accepting the LGBT community."

Smug, arrogant, condescending... But it's ok because you're woke right?

You have no idea what you're talking about.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_Japan

There are a couple things that people think are important and the Japanese don't. Like marriage. But overall acceptance is very high and has been for a long time. Considering you could literally be put in jail for being gay in many western countries less than 100 years ago, Japanese history is light years better in terms of "accepting the LGBTQ community".

Honestly, that kind of attitude and the casual, unresearched attacks on entire peoples is the reason so many people have a problem with the LGBT movement. LGBT peoples greatest enemies are their activists I swear to God...
Lastest Blog Post: Kneejerk Review: Beastars

Watching: Symphogear GX, Fate/Apocrypha
Weeklies: Koisuru Asteroid, Murenase, BOFURI, Nekopara, Hatena Illusion
Recently Finished: Symphogear (9), Heavens Feel II (10), Houkago Saikoro Club (7), Symphogear G (9), Choyoyu (5), Gekihatsu Boy (5), Honzuki (9), Strawberry Panic (9), Beastars (8), No Guns Life (7)

Sig Girl: Mary Steinberg (No Guns Life)
 
Jan 11, 12:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 425
Been wondering the same...well, guess the average seasonal viewer, trying 20+ shows has to have what's happening shouted at him right from the start, or he'll overload his mind, thinking a lil' bit by himself

 
Jan 11, 12:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 53
Thats why when you're looking for a good anime in this site you should only look at:

1) The synopsis
2) The studio
3) Genre

Ignore the reviews and the score.
 
Jan 12, 12:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 7299
You guys make this type of thread for every airing anime with a sub-7 rating.
 
Jan 12, 12:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 47429
let's wait it out and see if it continuously gets disliked in the episode discussion every week

this is super normal with unpopular new anime to get lower than 7

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

watch nodame cantabile

recommend me anything!
 
Jan 12, 6:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 338
Zeta-Ewigkeit said:
I want to be hero or king of Smth, my best friend is my real rival, having the sword, competing to win the main character, boob fondling, nice ass, girls touching each other (but they are not lesbians, they love the main character, please don't mistake), red cheeks, cat ears and ...
Just some of the main components for anime that easily passes the 8 score in the MAL ...
I find it kinda funny how those "main components" are what repel me from watching an anime series. It sometimes feels sad and unfair to see some series that you like being rated so low just because it doesn't appeal to the majority of anime fans.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, are also exceptionally skilled at killing. {×.×}
 
Jan 12, 10:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 340
the anime is confusing and boring. i had to go to the discussion thread on reddit to understand what happened in the first episode. i don't think that is a good thing for this anime
 
Jan 12, 8:34 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 20
For a show like this, I guess a good portion of the viewers would simply 'pan' the non-linear writing as 'bad writing' after the first episode and just give it a bad score.

It seems it is being released in the West in the traditional week-by-week fashion? In China/HK/Taiwan, the first two episodes were released in the first week, and the following four in the second week (i.e. we already have access to the first 6 episodes by now). This definitely help most audiences who are not used to watching 'mind-fuck' shows to stay hooked with it despite the complicated plots. The general reception of the show would probably be better it is done the same in other regions as well (it is very positive among the Chinese-speaking audiences btw).
 
Jan 13, 2:02 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 30
Ifkr?
Some people are like "hurr durr I didn't understand so this anime is definitely shit."
 
Jan 13, 4:57 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 36
"Shounen-Tards" ... It is heard as a word that someone who feels elitist would use just because they think they have an objective criterion.
It is not necessary to generate a toxic environment, some people only prefer direct messages instead of messages that pretend to be complex.
 
Jan 14, 12:27 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 14
Haven't seen it yet so no real opinion, only came here to see if I might like to see it.

So just from the math.

The midpoint score for a 1-10 scoring system is 5.5
MAL's labeling system has 6 as fair and 7 is good.

This places this show as both above average and in the good range. This isn't hate.

Where I do see some hate, is in the criticism of anyone that doesn't like the show. That's both OK and Funny. Everybody's entitled to their opinion after all, but if you are going to call people stupid, you might want to use correct grammar.
 
Jan 14, 12:39 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 1
I'm guessing that the rating for this anime will increase over time.
 
Jan 14, 10:27 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 4
Rodawi said:
wow, a lot of people on this forum don't get rating systems and how they're "subjective".

Don't feel personally attacked when others don't like something as much as you do... it's all cool


Also: I actually thought this thread was gonna be about how they portrait "your friends are turning gay" and "your friend kills himself" as two equally horrible things to hallucinate about...... I'm kinda pissed off at that tbh

The anime is not being homophobic.
First, if what you were saying made sense, it was his perspective (the "victim" of hallucinations).
Second, at no time is this shown as pejorative, they are just unexpected attitudes that go completely against the expectation of both the victim and the public. I mean if I was in that situation telling desperately to the two people I have left whats going on, I wouldn't like them to suddenly start and have sex while I tell them everything.
Third, the two protagonists are very close throughout these episodes and attitudes, attitudes and events are presented to us a very "strange" friendship.
That is, this anime is anything but homophobic.

You always want to find something to problematize.


I regret a possible unkindness...
Modified by Tomas_Rodrigues, Jan 14, 11:02 AM
 
Jan 14, 2:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 924
I find it interesting. Why people who liked the 1st episode get so upset about the score and not only tries to make assumptions, but also labels the people who supposedly have given it low scores?

And if that's ok, then is it ok for people who disliked the 1st episode to do the same for those who rated it highly?

This seems a bit hypocritical, but ok.




Totsuka route is the way, Hachiman!
 
Jan 15, 5:16 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 4
LagannX59 said:

The anime is not being homophobic.
First, if what you were saying made sense, it was his perspective (the "victim" of hallucinations).
Second, at no time is this shown as pejorative, they are just unexpected attitudes that go completely against the expectation of both the victim and the public. I mean if I was in that situation telling desperately to the two people I have left whats going on, I wouldn't like them to suddenly start and have sex while I tell them everything.
Third, the two protagonists are very close throughout these episodes and attitudes, attitudes and events are presented to us a very "strange" friendship.
That is, this anime is anything but homophobic.

From what I can tell, you are probably someone who has read the LN or manga. If you don't find any homophobic intent with the author, then that's great! The first episode made me personally very sceptical about it, and I wish it was handled in a different way so that I wouldn't get this sceptical, but I am 100% able to admit I am wrong if that's the case.

LagannX59 said:
You always want to find something to problematize.


I regret a possible unkindness...

Your drawing conclusions a bit fast here don't you think? Talking about someone or something you've seen for only a little bit... But look at me calling the kettle black ;)

kawaii123456 said:
Haven't seen it yet so no real opinion, only came here to see if I might like to see it.

So just from the math.

The midpoint score for a 1-10 scoring system is 5.5
MAL's labeling system has 6 as fair and 7 is good.

This places this show as both above average and in the good range. This isn't hate.

Where I do see some hate, is in the criticism of anyone that doesn't like the show. That's both OK and Funny. Everybody's entitled to their opinion after all, but if you are going to call people stupid, you might want to use correct grammar.

Totally agree! This is turning into a Rick&Morty fanbase quite fast. If anyone doesn't absolutely adore it, they must be too unintelligent to get it...
 
Jan 15, 6:01 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 153
Andres_creig said:
"Shounen-Tards" ... It is heard as a word that someone who feels elitist would use just because they think they have an objective criterion.
It is not necessary to generate a toxic environment, some people only prefer direct messages instead of messages that pretend to be complex.
it doesn’t pretend to be complex though

It’s just not a direct message

The fact you think this show is pretending to be deep says a lot more about your inability to handle a different approach than it does about the show
 
Jan 15, 7:25 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 4
LagannX59 said:
Rodawi said:
wow, a lot of people on this forum don't get rating systems and how they're "subjective".

Don't feel personally attacked when others don't like something as much as you do... it's all cool


Also: I actually thought this thread was gonna be about how they portrait "your friends are turning gay" and "your friend kills himself" as two equally horrible things to hallucinate about...... I'm kinda pissed off at that tbh

The anime is not being homophobic.
First, if what you were saying made sense, it was his perspective (the "victim" of hallucinations).
Second, at no time is this shown as pejorative, they are just unexpected attitudes that go completely against the expectation of both the victim and the public. I mean if I was in that situation telling desperately to the two people I have left whats going on, I wouldn't like them to suddenly start and have sex while I tell them everything.
Third, the two protagonists are very close throughout these episodes and attitudes, attitudes and events are presented to us a very "strange" friendship.
That is, this anime is anything but homophobic.

You always want to find something to problematize.


I regret a possible unkindness...
Rodawi said:
LagannX59 said:

The anime is not being homophobic.
First, if what you were saying made sense, it was his perspective (the "victim" of hallucinations).
Second, at no time is this shown as pejorative, they are just unexpected attitudes that go completely against the expectation of both the victim and the public. I mean if I was in that situation telling desperately to the two people I have left whats going on, I wouldn't like them to suddenly start and have sex while I tell them everything.
Third, the two protagonists are very close throughout these episodes and attitudes, attitudes an
d events are presented to us a very "strange" friendship.
That is, this anime is anything but homophobic.

From what I can tell, you are probably someone who has read the LN or manga. If you don't find any homophobic intent with the author, then that's great! The first episode made me personally very sceptical about it, and I wish it was handled in a different way so that I wouldn't get this sceptical, but I am 100% able to admit I am wrong if that's the case.

LagannX59 said:
You always want to find something to problematize.


I regret a possible unkindness...

Your drawing conclusions a bit fast here don't you think? Talking about someone or something you've seen for only a little bit... But look at me calling the kettle black ;)

kawaii123456 said:
Haven't seen it yet so no real opinion, only came here to see if I might like to see it.

So just from the math.

The midpoint score for a 1-10 scoring system is 5.5
MAL's labeling system has 6 as fair and 7 is good.

This places this show as both above average and in the good range. This isn't hate.

Where I do see some hate, is in the criticism of anyone that doesn't like the show. That's both OK and Funny. Everybody's entitled to their opinion after all, but if you are going to call people stupid, you might want to use correct grammar.

Totally agree! This is turning into a Rick&Morty fanbase quite fast. If anyone doesn't absolutely adore it, they must be too unintelligent to get it...


First of all, "you are drawing coclusions a little to fast"...
Are you joking, right?
I corrected one thing in your intrepretation that said the autor was homophobic, while its almost the oposite...
THERE IS A CLIME between the two protagonists, and in the seccond episode one guy just stated that one of the protagonists was jealous of the other.

So yes I can draw conclusions to fast, but I dont want to read that from you.
Second, I dont read the manga, so...
...again, am I really the guy here who draw conclusions to fast?
And before calling something homophobic make sure that it really is hophobic, because thats not a really nice thing to call to...
... anything.
"Fun" fact: Homophobia is a crime in some countries so...

Again, no intent to offend you. And I'm portuguese so there must be some mistakes in my english...
I dont have the intent to answer again
I read your point, I understood that (disegreed totally, but understood...)
So if you still want to answer if you want to add something, discuss more or even if you want to be the last one to speak to fell superior and fell like you win (i dont think you would do the last one) be free.
But its a waste of time because I wont read, but do as you wish...
Bye
Modified by Tomas_Rodrigues, Jan 15, 11:35 AM
 
Jan 15, 12:30 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 4
LagannX59 said:
First of all, "you are drawing coclusions a little to fast"...
Are you joking, right?

Yes I was. I was actually making a joke there.

"the pot calling the kettle black" is a phrase that means: to accuse someone of doing something that you yourself are guilty of.

I meant absolutely no disrespect towards you or your point of view. But I guess the language barrier made that unclear...
 
Jan 15, 2:09 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 13
The hate for this anime is just proof that nowadays the anime medium is more devalued than ever. If Baccano released today, there would be retards saying it's bad just because they didn't understand the first episode. It's just so sad...
 
Jan 15, 2:44 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 3
RetroHead_ said:
The hate for this anime is just proof that nowadays the anime medium is more devalued than ever. If Baccano released today, there would be retards saying it's bad just because they didn't understand the first episode. It's just so sad...

I doubt it. Baccano wasn't boring like Pet is for me.
 
Jan 15, 7:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 12
YossaRedMage said:
Rodawi said:
Knowing how Japan still is when it comes to accepting the LGBTQ-community, I'm somewhat sceptical about the author's intent here...


"Knowing how Japan is when it comes to accepting the LGBT community."

Smug, arrogant, condescending... But it's ok because you're woke right?

You have no idea what you're talking about.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_Japan

There are a couple things that people think are important and the Japanese don't. Like marriage. But overall acceptance is very high and has been for a long time. Considering you could literally be put in jail for being gay in many western countries less than 100 years ago, Japanese history is light years better in terms of "accepting the LGBTQ community".

Honestly, that kind of attitude and the casual, unresearched attacks on entire peoples is the reason so many people have a problem with the LGBT movement. LGBT peoples greatest enemies are their activists I swear to God...


This could not have been said any better. Absolutely true.

It's extremely tiresome and irritating seeing so many people spouting out that nonsense.
 
Jan 15, 7:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 1561
it is like one of those countless detective-alike anime with super natural power.

as someone who watched over 10 years of anime, this is nothing special nowadays, and it is definitely nothing related to shonen or whatever.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
 
Jan 15, 10:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 533
most are young,or doesnt have the patience to fully understand,or lol homophopic,but also the other reverse, ppl that are offended to fast
if a character licks someone the anime is gay
if someone says that is sick fast are offended
you know i grew up with different typres of animes, and in the past nobody triggered so fast
The spider is watching
 
Jan 16, 7:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 227
So what I'm getting from skimming this thread is that the show has gay vibes that are driving normal people away, and the ones who're into that stuff wonder why the others don't force themselves to watch it, like everyone in the current year should be forced to consume a quota of gay content to appease the gods of social justice.
 
Jan 16, 7:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 189
i havent watched this yet but 6.66 is the best possible score
 
Jan 16, 12:08 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 10
Viltas said:
6.66 is best score by far.

are we really asking why people judge things unfairly? are we really doing this? you don't know the logic behind it because you use your brain more

>imagine rating a show after one episode in the first place

I mean I rate all my shows when watching them to also see how my opinions change of the show and what not
Yes I do think it's making judgements too early but it's not like the score is final-
 
Top
Pages (2) [1] 2 »