Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Drifting Dragons
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2020 1:46 PM

Dec 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
seems like an interesting start. i see a lot of potential in this story, cast development and world building. the cast is quite big and has a lot of interesting characters. especially Mika with his laid back nature, but skillful when it comes to dragon hunting

animation is just basic polygon stuff. absolutely non-comparable with the manga art, but what can you do

Jan 8, 2020 2:48 PM
Jan 2020
Where can I watch?
Jan 8, 2020 4:02 PM

Mar 2012
Read the manga, it's beautiful :o
Jan 8, 2020 5:39 PM

Nov 2010
Dragon hunting is nothing but whale hunting in the sky.
It's going too far to judge the taste of the meat from the smell of raw meat. Also it's unlikely that electric shock makes the quality of the meat poor.
Jan 8, 2020 10:02 PM

Feb 2019
xOptima said:
Where can I watch?
The raw episode is out. You have to wait for the subs.
Jan 9, 2020 6:01 AM
May 2019
this and God Eater got anime adaptation and Monster hunter got child anime lol

hope they make real Monster Hunter anime, and please dont be CG anime like both anime i said
Jan 9, 2020 9:33 AM

Jun 2019
kuroneko99 said:
It's going too far to judge the taste of the meat from the smell of raw meat. Also it's unlikely that electric shock makes the quality of the meat poor.

Please chill out, i read the manga and there's no sign of whale hunter incentivisation, it's just a fantasy story.
Jan 9, 2020 3:07 PM

Jan 2015
It's great, the CGI is good, the dragon model is just wow so far, the battle's a bit lackluster, but okay for 1st ep, disappointed with the OP and ED tho :/

...whether it's now or ten years from now, if you are going to evolve as a person, generally you need to be broken down first. -Ayanokōji Kiyotaka-

Jan 10, 2020 9:59 AM

Feb 2019
Still no subs.
'''
Jan 10, 2020 6:41 PM
Oct 2019
ok, I think this is the best anime in winter 2020 because it contains a lot of eye-catching graphics and i love it
Jan 11, 2020 4:11 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Good first episode, I liked it it makes me want to watch more
Jan 11, 2020 8:52 PM

Feb 2018
Look like dragon meet so delicious lol.
Jan 11, 2020 10:57 PM

Feb 2019
viniciust48 said:
kuroneko99 said:

Please chill out, i read the manga and there's no sign of whale hunter incentivisation, it's just a fantasy story.

Sure, it's just a fantasy story. But still, making an anime so similar to a very sensitive and delicate matter as whale hunting is bad taste.
Jan 12, 2020 12:45 AM
Nov 2010
Sad it's not getting the recognition it deserves just because it's an ONA
Jan 12, 2020 11:43 AM

Jan 2015
piplupcola said:

I think it's more because Netflix will only stream it in April for international viewers, and therefore only the small number of viewer who can watch it raw even heard the title of this anime.

...whether it's now or ten years from now, if you are going to evolve as a person, generally you need to be broken down first. -Ayanokōji Kiyotaka-

Jan 12, 2020 12:05 PM
Dec 2019
Andre_Alexander said:
piplupcola said:

I think it's more because Netflix will only stream it in April for international viewers, and therefore only the small number of viewer who can watch it raw even heard the title of this anime.

At least fansubber won't be out of a job for the time being. At least I hope Netflix do not destroy them. Thanks to them we had Beastars last season.
Jan 12, 2020 1:17 PM
Apr 2016
Charmotaku said:
viniciust48 said:

Sure, it's just a fantasy story. But still, making an anime so similar to a very sensitive and delicate matter as whale hunting is bad taste.

Wow bad taste this is such pretentiousness. Remember Dragon Hunters from back the 00s? Was it as bad taste, or did whales suddenly become more valuable to all the internet hypocrites?
They even dedicated a whole minute to showing how morally conflicting it is. But some people just want to humiliate themselves and everyone around them... Terror.
Sylverthas said:
Andre_Alexander said:

At least fansubber won't be out of a job for the time being. At least I hope Netflix do not destroy them. Thanks to them we had Beastars last season.

Someone wake me up when they do the subtitles for the series. I can roughly understand about 70% only.
Re:formed
Jan 14, 2020 2:08 AM

Nov 2010
Sylverthas said:
Andre_Alexander said:
The show is aired by some TV broadcasters now.
Therefore it's not ONA anymore. Only MAL hasn't noticed the fact yet, or they are just lazy as usual.
kuroneko99Jan 14, 2020 2:19 AM
Jan 14, 2020 6:41 PM

Jun 2013
This is just whaling but with dragons instead. I can't help but feel bad for the dragons.
AxelucardJan 14, 2020 6:50 PM
Jan 15, 2020 2:56 AM
Aug 2018
Axelucard said:
This is just whaling but with dragons instead. I can't help but feel bad for the dragons.

Same here. Really enjoyed the artwork of the manga but always felt kind of weird after reading it.

Going to give the anime a shot, though.
Jan 17, 2020 4:03 PM
Oct 2019
The graphic is really GOOD, but because I'm not used to watch an anime like this.. there's some movement that I think too slow and slow-motion-like 🤔

The first episode is okay, need to watch more to be able to grasp on the plot 😁
Jan 24, 2020 9:15 PM

May 2018
I'm enjoy this more than i thought. While the CGI still look weird, it is a lot better than older show by Polygon, nice to see they improving. Also I love the soundtrack.
Jan 27, 2020 12:17 AM

Oct 2017
Interesting setting, I like how this started. The op/ed were okay and the cgi is pretty decent. Let's see how this goes.
Jan 27, 2020 8:43 PM
Jan 2017
This episode wasn't bad, it did give us a good picture of how the dragon hunters go about their day-to-day activities and it sets up the premise of the story quite nicely. Still, it doesn't do much to hook viewers in. Hopefully, it will improve later on.
Jan 28, 2020 5:58 PM

Mar 2015
I can accept the CGI as it's actually nice but that framerate effin kills it.
Feb 3, 2020 8:18 AM

Jan 2012
Daniel_Naumov said:

Someone wake me up when they do the subtitles for the series. I can roughly understand about 70% only.

It's time to wake up.
In the last 2 weeks they translated up to ep 8
"Quack"
-A Duck

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Feb 3, 2020 9:19 AM
Apr 2016
hakaihisaki said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

It's time to wake up.
In the last 2 weeks they translated up to ep 8

I am feeling quite ashamed now. I am grateful for calling me back, but the thing is I checked out episode 2 and found absolutely no value in the series. The exaggerated behaviour and unrealistic, gag responses is just too much for my mind.
But thank you.
Re:formed
Feb 4, 2020 4:19 PM

Mar 2015
Very much enjoyed this episode! It recalled Moby Dick to my mind, which I read so many years ago. Very good start.
The sword that takes life gives life
Feb 10, 2020 12:15 PM

Dec 2016
Daniel_Naumov said:
Charmotaku said:

Wow bad taste this is such pretentiousness. Remember Dragon Hunters from back the 00s? Was it as bad taste, or did whales suddenly become more valuable to all the internet hypocrites?
They even dedicated a whole minute to showing how morally conflicting it is. But some people just want to humiliate themselves and everyone around them... Terror.

I didn't watch Dragon Hunters (and I couldn't find it, you mean cartoon from 2008?), so I will not judge it.
But Yes, morality changed quite significantly for the last 20 years.
It would be different story if they started by showing how some dragon is attacking village/city.

Overall I wonder how story will go with "morality of dragon hunting".
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Feb 13, 2020 12:05 AM
Mar 2012
Beautiful clouds & scenery.
Camera went silly during op.
So not really the usual 'dragon', they could expand on the unusual world/premise, but right now it's not drawing my interest yet. Seems more a cooking show plus some hunting.
Hope it's not as annoying as that other CG airplane show.
Mar 16, 2020 10:31 PM
Feb 2010
kuroneko99 said:

Sir, you are a genius! Baselessly applying rules of our universe to a fictional world! Nobody has ever thought of it before! It's... it's visionary!
Aug 23, 2020 10:16 AM

Jul 2015
Already digging the setting of this series, fantasy about a beautiful world where dragon hunting happens with a big crew made out of unique individuals. I wonder what direction this is going.

Aug 31, 2020 11:37 AM

Jun 2013
When you see that N letter at the start, you can bet you will be given a shitty CG with subtier animation, low polygon number and 10 fps.

Well, I should have blacklisted Polygon Picture a long time ago...
Sep 19, 2020 9:43 AM

Sep 2018
Small clarification: since I do not want to watch the anime series that I left pending before the summer holidays, I will watch them when I feel like it, I start this totally new anime for me just as a fallback while waiting for the autumn 2020 season to begin. Anime series had me intrigued at the time of its release, and even though it's made entirely in CG, I want to give it a chance. A bit long episode, maybe because it didn't involve me particularly, the quality of the CG is not excellent, the only CG series that I really loved, excuse me the OT, is that "Houseki no Kuni" masterpiece. But the animation studio did an appreciable job, and I have to say this for the record. Of the whole episode what I liked the most are the characters, quite interesting despite being only at the beginning of the series. For now I will look at this anime series not in depth, but only to test its potential and as a fallback, so those who read my comments if they want a more exhaustive examination of every aspect, these will only come with a second vision of the anime.
Jun 11, 2021 10:46 AM

Sep 2010
Why did I get Valkyria Chronicle vibes watching this their no dragons in it lol but it’s a interesting anime
Oct 29, 2021 6:43 AM
Jan 2020
Character fucking development? Looks like Polygon Pictures is actually getting better.

Since Souten no Ken and Levius (just compare it to the manga) was pretty underwhelming tbh. HanaKana please step on me

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuutei Dragons Episode 12 Discussion

uninstallthegame - Jan 9, 2020

30 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 18, 1:54 AM

Poll: » Kuutei Dragons Episode 4 Discussion

9 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 17, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Kuutei Dragons Episode 2 Discussion

uninstallthegame - Jan 8, 2020

15 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 17, 10:12 AM

Poll: » Kuutei Dragons Episode 5 Discussion

9 by nick_el_son »»
Sep 11, 2023 1:13 PM

» Straight whaling propaganda.

Fireflydrake - May 3, 2020

20 by Vecko »»
Aug 12, 2023 10:25 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.