Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 8, 2020 9:43 AM

Apr 2019
Just finished the movie. I don't really understand it fully after the movie pulled out some naruto shadow clone jutsu.

So was Mima just being a complete delusional from all the anxiety and pressure up until the point where she could see her other self ( due to hesitation of her own action to switch from idol to actress ) and then later on at the end she finally was able to decide to actually move on so the illusion of her other self disappeared and then she just became a new person with confidence at the end. Is that pretty much the story?
Jan 20, 2020 5:23 PM
Feb 2018
Rumi was the one e-mailing Me-Mania, the voyeur, all along, as well as writing the website. She is the one who had a delusion believing she was Mima from the pop group. It was a case of shared delusion. You can fore-shadow this by how she is the manager that insists in Mima being an idol (I guess?). In the end, just like you see in the mirror, the illusion is really Rumi. It's best to pay how she's absent from some scenes as well, on a rewatch.
I'm haven't wrapped my head on everything myself, like the murder of Me-Mania and the male manager.
Watch Black Swan next
Aug 30, 2020 8:53 PM

Jul 2020
PalmtreePanic said:
Rumi was the one e-mailing Me-Mania, the voyeur, all along, as well as writing the website. She is the one who had a delusion believing she was Mima from the pop group. It was a case of shared delusion. You can fore-shadow this by how she is the manager that insists in Mima being an idol (I guess?). In the end, just like you see in the mirror, the illusion is really Rumi. It's best to pay how she's absent from some scenes as well, on a rewatch.
I'm haven't wrapped my head on everything myself, like the murder of Me-Mania and the male manager.
Watch Black Swan next

This is what I think, the murder of Me-Mania was done by Mima herself that part was I think real and not just part of her imagination. The manager's death on the other hand was done by Rumi since the manager is the one also insisting for Mima's change of image and he's all support on Mima becoming an actress. So I think that's the reason Rumi get rid of him.
Jan 11, 2021 9:17 PM
Sep 2020
Who was attempting to rape mima?
Feb 4, 2021 2:51 PM

Apr 2017
So, Me-Mania was just a huge red herring?
Feb 6, 2021 7:45 AM
Dec 2018
Man I feel like there are still some things that feel missing in it. Like the part where mima saw the illusions running in the street and that imitating as the pizza delivery girl, was that really her or rumi? If it was rumi why was it shown from mima's perspective.

So confusing.
Feb 18, 2021 6:23 AM
Jul 2019
Just finished and the only explanation I can think of is that the entire movie up to the hospital visit is itself a psychological horror movie inside this movie and does the same job, mess with your mind. Rumi was an actress in it, but her mind was messed up as the result of playing the antagonist too well. That would also suggest that the movie was a hit and answer why Mima in the end said the position she is sitting at the moment was thanks to Rumi.

But then again, maybe there is just no answer at all
MoceusFeb 18, 2021 7:18 AM
Sep 17, 2021 8:06 PM
Sep 2021
Dotxyz said:
Man I feel like there are still some things that feel missing in it. Like the part where mima saw the illusions running in the street and that imitating as the pizza delivery girl, was that really her or rumi? If it was rumi why was it shown from mima's perspective.

So confusing.
From what I've picked up from the movie, That was that Mima Imagined those people dying (As if she killed them) likely from hearing them from the news dying And so she created in her head fantasies that she killed them, when in reality rumi actually killed them. Just like the pizza delivery scene, mima didn't actually murder them she just imagined how it could have been done, etc. It's very unlikely she was the murderer
Oct 20, 2021 8:48 AM
Aug 2020
I know I’m late to this thread, but to anyone still here; the whole point of this movie was to blur the lines between reality and illusion. For this reason, there are MANY equally legitimate interpretations of the events of the film. It’s a puzzle meant to have multiple solutions, and it presents the clues in such a way that makes you constantly question and second guess yourself. That’s why this movie is such a masterpiece.
Feb 12, 2022 10:07 AM
Aug 2021
weebisme1 said:
Dotxyz said:

So confusing.
From what I've picked up from the movie, That was that Mima Imagined those people dying (As if she killed them) likely from hearing them from the news dying And so she created in her head fantasies that she killed them, when in reality rumi actually killed them. Just like the pizza delivery scene, mima didn't actually murder them she just imagined how it could have been done, etc. It's very unlikely she was the murderer

so why were the bloody clothes in her closet? and she only knew the news of death after waking up from the "dream"
Feb 17, 2022 11:20 AM

Jun 2021
As far I understand...

Mima didn't kill anyone but it was rumi who did it..

Rumi had dual personality disorder and thought herself to be mima the idol...

Rumi did all the murders...

Rumi was the one sending mails to The Creep...

Mima was just delusional....

Rumi was the one who was always close to Mima and Opposed her decision of turning into a actor
Feb 17, 2022 11:21 AM
Jan 2022
singer lady

stalker

rape

blood

more blood

reality?!

even more blood

hollywood=bad

More topics from this board

» Few confusing that i don't understand HELP ME, if you didn't watched it plz go away I'm sure it be fully spoilers

MadSonic - Feb 18

23 by hi777 »»
Apr 15, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Perfect Blue Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

aero - Jul 18, 2009

347 by Cixyz »»
Apr 5, 3:37 PM

» Great movie... but suffered through the entire thing

BustedBayou - Jan 4

17 by Feitan_exe »»
Mar 1, 10:29 PM

» Confused

R1NN_ - Jul 4, 2023

22 by HansDevX »»
Dec 13, 2023 7:20 PM

» Recommendations like this movie with THOSE scenes

SadikTD - Apr 30, 2023

8 by arrianne311 »»
Sep 20, 2023 12:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.