Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 8, 2020 12:16 AM

Feb 2018
Shadow_Master_T said:
Nero's voice is almost certainly Aoi Yuuki. The VA choice and focus in OP and ED (I mean, that couldn't possibly be anyone else, right?) means the anime is marking her as a candidate for best girl.

Definitely curious to see more of her.

Nero's VA is Ayane Sakura (MHA's Uraraka and 5toubun's Yotsuba)
Jan 8, 2020 4:26 AM

Feb 2013
Cool, all will fight together now.
Jan 8, 2020 4:31 AM
Jan 2013
The Witness (Nero) has spoken! xD
Yeah, the anime seems to be catching up pretty quickly.
(Ah, I'd love to see the end of Bleach animated. Dreams...)
Jan 8, 2020 5:37 AM

Jun 2016
omg nero smiling at the ED mv so beautiful !!!
Jan 8, 2020 7:43 AM

May 2012
I love the ending song. Best one so far
Jan 8, 2020 11:47 AM

Jun 2015
This demon is perhaps the creepiest thing I've ever seen. Big round of applause for the seiyuu for bringing it to life.

I love the new opening song. It is by the same band that made Black Rover I guess.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jan 8, 2020 3:13 PM
Oct 2019
New op by Black Catcher by Vickeblanka like always is fire. The ending is pretty good too. The 7.17 rating Black Clover has now is unwarranted this show now is a definite 8 the animation is sometimes shaky but it really is a solid show now. Love the battles and the characters especially Captain Yami.
Jan 9, 2020 12:02 AM

Nov 2019
@NayRAW

I'd say that talk no jutsu is justified, he was already defeated by Nozel, if it's mid fight talk no jutsu then yeah, I wanted Asta to punch him too but considering the situation, I think it'd just make him even more of a coward

@FMmatron

Agreed, after getting fodderized by fodder elf, helluva comeback
Jan 9, 2020 5:07 AM
Jan 2016
Great episode!

Asta and Yuno managed to deflect the first ray, but the second Nozel managed to help them with his awesome mercury magic, hgis fight was awesome and his prison was in another level!

Asta's moment entering in Patry's mind was really awesome, seem Asta was able to see Patry's past, and he managed to bring Patry back as an ally!

Seems Yami went to demon, and also Charlote in elf appeared there to help Litch, i found amuysing that their team work is so good even with Charlote possesed by an elf!

Seems finally Nero mistery will be revealed in next episode, honestly didn't expect that! Seems Nero is another girl :ooooo

New OP and ED were really awesome, i was wondering who was the girl, but seems it was revealed in the end of this episode!

Looking forward to know more about Nero, better detailed!
Jan 9, 2020 1:58 PM

Apr 2013
main heorine finally shows up.
Jan 9, 2020 4:07 PM

Apr 2014
Ok so the OP and ED spoiled the fcuk out everything of who Nero is.
Jan 10, 2020 8:35 AM

Apr 2016
Black Clover never ceases to impress me with how they do the visuals on their OP.
I guess this is where most of the animation budget went?

With all those things shown in the OP, I'm pretty excited to see what's next!

Nero is a cutie. :3
Jan 12, 2020 3:43 AM

Feb 2013
gadboyz said:

Also

Jan 12, 2020 10:47 PM

Feb 2018
Skyguardian said:
gadboyz said:

Also

i already said "on top"
Jan 13, 2020 4:01 PM
Jun 2016
Forget the fighting and normal plot devices... I always assumed Nero was a boy bird. Nero going from #bestbird to potential #bestgirl is the plot twist I needed in my life 😍😍😍

PS I do like the new OP & ED but I wish the first was a bit more upbeat to get you hyped for all the badassedry about to unfold.
Jan 14, 2020 7:59 AM

Aug 2013
Nero just spoke.
I love both the OP & ED.

That girl from the OP & ED might just be best girl.

Jan 14, 2020 8:47 PM
Aug 2017
Oh wow 100/100 ep, that new OP and that “girl” i think everyone knows who that is at this point lmao, KAWAWIIII.

That ended hella fast i didnt even notice and the ending song is so good too... and Nero just talked ;)
Jan 21, 2020 10:32 PM

Jan 2011
So I guess the new girl is Nero.
Jan 28, 2020 2:43 AM
Oct 2019
Asta And Patri Scene Was Awesome
Jan 28, 2020 9:22 PM

Jan 2013
WHAT AN EPISODE! Yami +True Licht + The blonde girl = what a trio against the Devil himself.

Nozel, what a fight. Glad he won.
Asta did a great job, great ending for that guy's villains arc.

Mimosa is such a best girl! Been loving her appearance in these few episodes.

WTF! Nero speaks? is he the new girl from the OP/ED?
Btw love the new OP/ED, both in terms of video and audio,.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 10, 2020 2:01 PM

Jan 2016
OMmmgg nero talked after the credits!!!!

I thought the girl in the OP looked suspiciously like Nero.

I hope thats actually Nero. omg that'd be so cool.
Mar 19, 2020 3:40 PM
Sep 2012
I'm honestly impressed. I thought Asta would do the generic Shounen 'You did horrible things but you are forgiven because you feel bad.' Instead, he told elf boy that he was NOT forgiven and he doesn't get to quit because he feels bad. Well done, Black Clover.
Apr 1, 2020 12:49 PM

May 2018
The new OP is so catchy! xD

And HOLY SHIT NERO IS TOP WAIFU
Apr 1, 2020 12:55 PM

Jun 2015
As if Nero would be sitting this one out!!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
May 13, 2020 1:39 PM

Nov 2015
Ryuk (death note) vibes from the devil. I like this animation!
May 20, 2020 2:47 PM

Mar 2019
BEST OPENING FROM THIS WHOLE SERIE AND TOP 10 BEST OPS. Everything about this is so good,and god damn Nero is cute.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jun 10, 2020 10:50 PM
Oct 2019
How exactly did Asta go "inside" Patry/Vangeance? Anti-magic overload? "For every action taken their must be consequences"?

Good episode but not HOLY F'ING S--T like the previous 2.
Aug 6, 2020 7:17 AM
Aug 2018
THE OP GOT ME SO HYPED UP FOR THE FIRST WIZARD KING AND LITCH!! DAMN THE NEXT FIGHT SCENES WILL BE SO LIT

AND MY SHIP IS SAILING!! YAMI'S WORDS WERE REALLY SWEET AND THOUGHTFUL (BUT IN A ROUGH WAY) NO WONDER CHARLOTTE FALL FOR HIM. BUT BITCH IM JUST SO GLAD THAT THEY HAVE THIS TEAM UP MOMENT!!
(REALLY IF THIS ANIME DOESN'T HAVE AN ENDING WITH CHARLOTTE AND YAMI HAVING FAMILY TOGETHER IMMA HATE THIS)

SOCIAL MEDIA IS THE FVCKING GREATEST SPOILER SO NOW I KNOW WHO NERO IS.

BUT FVCK IMAGINING ALL OF THEM TEAMING UP TO FIGHT THAT DEMON IM SO HYPED!!

PLS STAN NOZEL COZ NOBODY IS PAYING ATTENTION TO HIM
Feb 14, 2021 7:41 AM

Mar 2016
OP 10, The new OP 'Black Catcher' is produced by the band; 'Vickeblanka' the same band that produced OP 3 'Black Rover'
And here's what I think...

IT'S THE BEST FUCKING BLACK CLOVER OP EVER!!!
OP 3 was my personal favourite for a long time and who is better to beat that than Vickeblanka themselves with yet another HYPER OP!

This OP's visuals are top notch, the choice of a dominantly black and white theme perfectly suits the demonic theme that's going on and the fierce crimson colour from Asta's demonic eye and the 'girl's' eye accentuate that demonic theme even further, none of the Black Clover OP takes on such a dark and serious tone as this one does. And the vocals along with eh instrumentals in this OP only incites raging eagerness to the events that are about to unfold in the story. What a wonderful fucking OP, not to mention so damn catchy, it's just the absolute best!!!

Contrasting the OP, the ED are more of a feel-good song, with a more gentle and warming visuals and vocals. if I were to complain, the only issue I have with the mind-numbingly awesome OP and the adorable ED is the fact that it both showed tons of spoiler, especially showing the 'girl' before she's even revealed. I fear that the more insightful audience will connect dot to dots together and figure out who the girl is and just as I have suspected, by the post made in this forum thread. They did...

Welp anyways, Asta used the talk no Jutsu, learned of the Wizard King's death and brought back the Patry. However there are still more to be seen, let's "CATCH THE GAME!!!🎵"

Mar 31, 2021 1:39 AM

Dec 2013
OMG that opening is a definite 10/10 both music and visuals. I really do love the contrasting colours in that opening. Judging from the ending, I'm assuming the girl in the black dress is actually Nero the bird.

My respect for Nozel really did go up in this episode. He's way more impressive than I imagined. He was even smart enough to try to finish Patry off when he had the chance.

I liked Asta's speech to Patry. I'm relieved that he just didn't simply choose to forgive Patry for his actions.

I'm excited to see Yami team up with the prickly princess.

Finral dreaming about doing more clover clips was unexpectedly hilarious. Nero can actually talk! I knew the bird was unusual since she was first introduced but I was still surprised when she casually started talking to Finral. I'm assuming she only just became able to talk otherwise she would've done it much earlier.
Jun 19, 2021 12:00 PM

Jun 2020
This new OP is it looks so gloomy and clean It feels so nice, Those two had the fighting spirit to handle Patry alone but with the help of Nozel they finally disabled Patry's selfless body

Asta's new power sent him to another place and some of Patry's memories got revealed and when he knew about Julius his face was pure agony he didn't like what he knew about the news but damn he's slapping Patry some sense for himself

This devil situation is getting out of hand seems like Licht anticipated this to happen and is fighting it off himself too bad he isn't fully awaken yet but here comes Yami and Charlotte to aid him, The new ED as well-pleasing to see something new for a change.

(Petit- wait a second this isn't petit clover lol Finral doesn't fail to amuse me hilarious to see him breaking the fourth wall and Nero again arrives and wait what- did it just speak?)
Jul 6, 2021 5:56 AM

Jan 2021
The new opening is really good it’s the best one so far 100%
Aug 2, 2021 9:12 AM

Mar 2015
The devil is bad news, but at least they dealt with Patry!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 14, 2021 2:16 AM

Jul 2015
WTF the aftercredits scene, did Nero just speak?!?

Was nice seeing Nozel smacking Patry physically and Asta smacking some sense mentally.

Mar 5, 2022 4:55 AM
Jul 2018
Nozel sure strong and he defeated dark Patri!!
Asta went through one hell of a ride to bring patri back to his senses, and patri is on our side now.
WoW! Licht, Charlotte & Yami are fighting that demon.
We got new op & ed, both are amazing and both are mainly focused on Neru. And next epsiode Neru's true form & 1st Wizard King is going to Wake up!! Ohh man!! I'm excited!
Mar 11, 2022 2:45 AM

Dec 2012
They blocked the attack.
Another one?
Mimosa side oppai.
Nozel saved them.
Dat prison.
Patry is captured.
Nozel will be the next Wizard King.
Mimosa is healing Raia.
Asta is consumed.
Asta sees all the memories. He learns what happened to Julius.
Asta meets Patry.

HOLY SHIT!!!! The new OP is a BANGER!!!!!!! I watched it about 30 times before continuing to watch the episode. I didn't need to listen to it multiple times like the previous 2 OP's to like the song, once that chorus hit on the 1st watch, it was a certified banger. I said in the last episode that now that the arc is in the final stage, the next OP has to be a banger.... and it is! It delivered. I have to say that this is the best BC OP. In BC fashion, they make the OP look like a movie, but this is next level, especially the scene when the chorus starts. HOLY SHIT! Vickeblanka returns after doing OP 3, my favorite BC song at the time, and delivered a godly banger fitting for the finale of this arc. As for the ED song, it is good.

I always said tp myself that Mimosa and Tetia looked alike. Raia seeing Mimosa as Tetia was something I was expecting. As for Nero... WTF!
RobMar 11, 2022 2:49 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 14, 2022 9:29 PM
Oct 2020
Pretty cool OP. I've been in the habit of skipping the recap and intro but after reading comments it seems there are some significant tidbits, esp related to Nero, so went back to rewatch.

Asta's face when he's pumping his muscles up to to bring Vangeance back lol!

Yami and Charlotte fighting together, looking forward to this.

May 13, 2022 1:49 AM

Mar 2021
damn the opening and ending was so good, best opening after black rover

elfs and humans working together yay ^_^
Jun 16, 2022 4:30 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
So let the sky FALLLLLLLL

NYANPASU
5700XT

Aug 14, 2022 9:27 AM
Feb 2022
Pretty damn interesting and quite an entertaining progression of the series.
Sep 9, 2022 2:20 AM
Sep 2021
best intro so far!
Oct 15, 2022 3:49 AM
Jul 2018
this episode is great
Nov 16, 2022 5:24 AM
Oct 2022
Idk how Asta restrained himself from beating Patri senseless. I don't think I would've had as much restraint. Respect though.
Nov 30, 2022 10:02 AM

Mar 2010
Mimosa and her ripped shirt just distracts me from the story.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 28, 2022 1:09 PM

Jan 2021
2nd Opening that made me get into this series finally arrives and Wow I am just amazed after listening to it while watching this arc.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

May 28, 2023 12:13 PM

Jul 2022
Nero just talked... ANOTHER PLOT TIWST?? also Cool Opening and Finally the mysterious girl is finally revealed!!
Jul 19, 2023 6:15 AM
Jul 2023
WHAAAT?! Does Nero speak? What the hell is going on here? I no longer know who is an elf, who is a demon, and who is a human. Not to mention Charmy turned out to be half-dwarf. But that at least explains her height.
Jan 17, 5:21 PM

Jul 2016
Reply to fistyoursoul
Ok so the OP and ED spoiled the fcuk out everything of who Nero is.
@fistyoursoul

Yep. Anime always loves to spoil things with the OP and ED.
Feb 7, 8:33 PM
Jun 2022
Op & Ed Song Dope!! Some Cliches Are Annoying Though.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 142 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2020

71 by Vindicater »»
Today, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 141 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2020

75 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 9:57 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 140 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2020

50 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 5:23 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 139 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 18, 2020

45 by Vindicater »»
Apr 22, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 138 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tenshibeat - Aug 11, 2020

57 by Vindicater »»
Apr 22, 5:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.