Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 1 Discussion

Bofuri: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jan 9, 2020 9:32 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
7.41?

really?

was expecting a 6.5 or something lol
Jan 9, 2020 10:14 PM
Jan 9, 2020 10:36 PM

Mar 2018
I dunno... Just episode 1 and I've many things I want to tsukkomi.

First, the entire premise. A tank is supposed to be the role taking the most damage in an MMO party, not avoid it. She's a noob so she picked the shield just from the description it takes "less damage" but reality (or should I say virtuality?) should be far from truth. Darkness from Konosuba would like to have a word with Maple because she's a closet masochist imo despite keep saying she can't stand pain.

Second, status distribution makes zero sense. If agility is directly related to movespeed, she shouldn't be able to move at all if her agi is zero. Make it at least 1 or 2 to be plausible. And despite saying all of her points went to vitality (defense), she still OHKO'ed that poison bee thing. Not to mention the level jumped from 2 to 8 just by defeating 2 enemies. What? Is this game like a private server World of Warcraft with 12x exp?

Third, if it's maxing defense is that OP in low-level, I wonder what maxing strength or agi would do in this game. Former'd probably make you Saitama while the latter'd be the Flash. I'll probably restart the game with a new avatar if I know such mechanics exist, max my agi and speedblitz all enemies. Terms like "balance" or "grinding" don't exist in this game. Make it a beta version or something if it's that broken. Now SAO writer looks like a professional MMO player compared to this author. Even if you haven't play one irl, research about it a bit if you want to write a story about one. I thought a game can't be more broken than DOTA2 7.23 patch but now this anime proved me wrong.

Don't have any attacks to fight an enemy? Just eat it. Yeah, that works. Fortunately, and by pure coincidence, I just finished Arifureta before watching this so it doesn't come very baffling. The poison resistance thing is the only mechanic that makes remotely sense because I've done similarly in one RPG whose name I forgot. And Maple is fucked if she encounters an enemy whose attacks ignore defense. But knowing this anime, there won't be any enemy like that.

Sure, I can just turn off my brain and try to enjoy it thinking "cute, cute, cute" in my mind but these points annoy me so much that I can't. I appreciate moe female protagonists are getting more and more recognized but like I said, at least try to make sense about the setting you're using. I don't deny my long experience with games are getting in the way to enjoy this, so I'll stick around for more episodes unless it comes too offending to forgive but my impression for the first episode is nowhere near positive.

Jan 9, 2020 11:24 PM

Oct 2018
bastek66 said:
Guys stop calling it an isekai. She is not transported and stuck in the different world, she can log out anytime.
But holy shit, this was terrible episode. I don't like or play MMORPGs but just how fucking broked is this game or her account. She gets skill right after any action. She kills bee monster with one stab despite having shittiest stats beside for defence. She gnaws huge boss and unlocks OP armor.
Fucking garbage like isekaishit, who would play such broken game? Author probably never played MMOs.

1/10

Imagine getting so salty over an episode. You are pathetic my friend.
Jan 10, 2020 1:48 AM

May 2012
Renkini said:

Second, status distribution makes zero sense. If agility is directly related to movespeed, she shouldn't be able to move at all if her agi is zero. Make it at least 1 or 2 to be plausible. And despite saying all of her points went to vitality (defense), she still OHKO'ed that poison bee thing. Not to mention the level jumped from 2 to 8 just by defeating 2 enemies. What? Is this game like a private server World of Warcraft with 12x exp?

Have you ever played a game where your character couldn't move just because you didn't put the stats point somewhere? I never seen a game like that.

AGI makes your character faster. Since she doesn't put any points in there she will keep walking in the same speed she doesn in real life (i think this was said oon the light novel).

For you to think she shouldn't move just because she has 0 AGI...how many games have you played?
I despise woke people.
Jan 10, 2020 2:15 AM

Mar 2018
KaeUBW said:
Renkini said:

Have you ever played a game where your character couldn't move just because you didn't put the stats point somewhere? I never seen a game like that.

AGI makes your character faster. Since she doesn't put any points in there she will keep walking in the same speed she doesn in real life (i think this was said oon the light novel).

For you to think she shouldn't move just because she has 0 AGI...how many games have you played?

I said "if" agi is directly related to movespeed. The game should explain more whether it's true or not. In normal situation, you'd think agi is a separate stat than ms but the show said she's slow cuz low agi. And her agi was zero. In most MMO, you can't move when your ms got reduced down to zero. And also in most MMO, at least some stats are permanent from the start (e.g. all stats are 5) to avoid such problems even if you want to pour all points into one like Maple. The first one that came to mind is Fate/Extra (well, it's not an MMO but bare with it).
And the games I've played can't be counted like 1, 2, 3 anymore. I was speedrunning Mario on NES even before I've entered elementary school. I have many consoles and also have played a lot of anime games including MMORPGs on my laptop. Of course, believing or not is your choice.

Jan 10, 2020 2:32 AM
Jun 2017
As a RPG player, i cant imagine myself focusing only on defense, thats why i am interested in this series. To see what a character is just made of defense. Hahahaa. Love this 1st episode so far
Jan 10, 2020 2:42 AM

Apr 2018
Basically the moe version of the combination of every isekai I've seen. Lmao she got op way fast. The part where she ate the dragon to kill it is kinda odd lol
Jan 10, 2020 2:43 AM

Jan 2013
Renkini said:
I said "if" agi is directly related to movespeed. The game should explain more whether it's true or not. In normal situation, you'd think agi is a separate stat than ms but the show said she's slow cuz low agi. And her agi was zero. In most MMO, you can't move when your ms got reduced down to zero. And also in most MMO, at least some stats are permanent from the start (e.g. all stats are 5) to avoid such problems even if you want to pour all points into one like Maple. The first one that came to mind is Fate/Extra (well, it's not an MMO but bare with it).
And the games I've played can't be counted like 1, 2, 3 anymore. I was speedrunning Mario on NES even before I've entered elementary school. I have many consoles and also have played a lot of anime games including MMORPGs on my laptop. Of course, believing or not is your choice.

SAO has been written by a person who probably didn't play any game in this life, period, or at very least, he didn't play any MMO as he had zero ideas about how MMO generally works and mistakes them for visual novels. This is similar. The main difference between this and SAO (and Infinite Decahedron) is that is isn't taking itself seriously, it doesn't have a male protagonist and isn't any obligation to deliver a wish-fulfillment harem isekai fantasy. Because a whole point of the shows is for us to laugh at general silliness of it, with a little bit of moe thrown in for a good measure. When you think of it, this show isn't actually like SAO at all, it's basically Watashi, Nouryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne! with gaming re-flavouring.
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Jan 10, 2020 2:52 AM

Mar 2015
Renkini said:

This is pretty dumb. In most (if not all) of MMOs (the first one I played was Ragnarok Online), your stats are BONUSES, and not the baseline. Like in Ragnarok, the minimum AGI you can set at the beginning is 1, so your attack speed will be the base speed +1 AGI. It can be reduced to 0 AGI by Agility Down and other debuffs, but that doesn't set your attack speed to zero, because that is SO STUPID. This is pretty much the same other MMOs I played, and I played quite a lot back in the day.
And no, playing platformers on old consoles as a child doesn't support your argument.
Jan 10, 2020 4:03 AM

Mar 2018
Azuciel said:
playing platformers on old consoles as a child doesn't support your argument.

You playing Ragnarok Online doesn't either. Even if you can refute my AGI argument with RO, don't tell me you've played an MMO as broken as Maple's. And that wasn't even an argument. I was just answering @KaeUBW because he asked me how many games I've played. My point was I was playing games since I was a kid. And I've also said this:
I have many consoles and also have played a lot of anime games including MMORPGs on my laptop.

MMOs weren't created yet when I was 4yo, fyi. And cut me some slack from fangirl triggering when you can just have a civil discussion like the post above yours who quoted me.

Jan 10, 2020 4:21 AM

Mar 2017
If she manages to raise her defense enough, her character's data value for defense will eventually cause an integer overflow, resetting her defense to zero.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 10, 2020 5:46 AM

Jun 2013
Shield Hero is that you?
Jan 10, 2020 5:48 AM
May 2019
Finally we have a girl isekai protagonist and she is adorable UwU
This was a funny and enjoyable episode.
I wonder if Maple x Naofumi ship is going to be a thing LoL

Jan 10, 2020 5:57 AM

Nov 2011
Yep, enjoyable enough start, Maple seems okay, not much to go in this ep aside from prioritizing defense.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 10, 2020 7:53 AM

Feb 2017
If I suspend all I know about MMO's then this is really funny.
Jan 10, 2020 8:19 AM

Mar 2014
e
RedChrome said:
It kinda reminds me of Tate no yuusha except it's cute and weird... I guess

Like eating a dragon to beat it ?? WTF is that, couldn't they be more creative than that BS

Did you ever see that before? No, so its creative[/quote]

It's different I'll admit that but eating it ?? It's not even a skill and you can do that in a game. Where is the logic in that !?
Jan 10, 2020 10:23 AM

Dec 2014
ok some what decent...hmm
Jan 10, 2020 10:35 AM

Aug 2018
If VR games like this one existed in real world, I would definitely rush into a fantasy RPG as she did. Though I wouldn't be playing a tank or anything ranged/magic : pure Slayer dual wielding or 2Hands Sword using my Cyclone skill... crap too much Path of Exile I guess
Jan 10, 2020 10:51 AM

Aug 2016
watching cute noobs doing cute things never gets old
Jan 10, 2020 11:37 AM

Mar 2015
Renkini said:
You playing Ragnarok Online doesn't either. Even if you can refute my AGI argument with RO, don't tell me you've played an MMO as broken as Maple's.

Why yes, I have played PLENTY of MMOs that are as "broken" (lol @ that word) as Maple's. In fact, I've been an admin/coder of some servers. Yes, we do have "first kill = level 2" servers. They're called high-rate servers (mostly focused on PvP).
Even in Ragnarok you can go pretty broken with some builds (like the extreme pure LUK build that gives you 100% Perfect Dodge and Crit). They're not easy, but achievable. Just like Maple's game.

This should give you an idea of why Maple's game isn't even broken.

Not gonna apologize for calling your statements stupid, because they are. Literally no game in my knowledge implements "0 AGI means zero movement" lol. Thanks for visiting my profile though
AzucielJan 10, 2020 11:42 AM
Jan 10, 2020 11:45 AM

May 2014
Is there any actual plot progression beyond doing random MMO things? If not, it doesn't bode well.
Jan 10, 2020 1:34 PM

Mar 2017
something that I would probably do too if I was her lmao

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Jan 10, 2020 1:51 PM

Mar 2018
ok so we have this typical boring 'cute' girl and her 'cute' friend, a hardcore gamer grill, wants her to play this game in the hopes of her maybe being gud and get her in her clan full of other gud gamerz and it's all gonna be fun.

and oh yeah she's basically OP due to her kawaii powerZ. utterly bland in every aspect but let's see.

poop
Jan 10, 2020 3:37 PM
Apr 2019
[WHAT YOU MAY WANT TO PEEK]

==================
【NWO】やばい大盾使い見つけた

1. やばい
2. kwsk
3. どうやばいの
4. 何か西の森で大ムカデとかキャタピラーとか狼とかに取り囲まれて寝てた
5. は?
6. 普通死ぬだろ、いくら大盾使いでも
7. 強力な装備だったとか?
8. 見た感じは初期装備だった
思い出すだけでも気持ち悪くなるわ
何で毒虫の中で熟睡できるんですかね
9. その状況で死なないのはダメージを無効化してる? としか…
10. どんな奴?
11. 身長150無いくらいの美少女
動く速度からしてAGIはほぼゼロっぽい
ちなみに俺がそいつと同じ事したら一瞬で溶けますはい
12. 防御に極振りか?
13. まあでも隠しスキルでも見つけたとかかもしれん
14. んーまた追々情報集めるしかないか
トッププレイヤーになるのなら自然と名前も上がってくるだろ
15. また何か見かけたら書き込むわ
16. 情報提供感謝します!

241. 大盾の少女に遭遇したというかフレンド登録したぞ
242. は?
243. どうやって?
244. ログインしてきた時にめっちゃキョロキョロしてて一瞬目があったと思ったら
走ってきて話しかけられたw
245. 大盾少女コミュ力たけーなおい
246. んで?
247. かっこいい大盾って言われて
俺が生産職の人紹介するからついてこいって言ったらついてきた
248. パーティは組んでんの
249. 極振り? 隠しスキル持ち?
250. まあ待て今まとめる
パーティは組んでない
大盾を選んだ理由は攻撃を受けて痛いのは嫌だから防御力を上げたかったとのこと
極振りか隠しスキル持ちかは聞かなかった
超素直で活発系少女
総評 めっちゃ良い子
あー見守ってあげてー
あとお前らとは情報交換していきたいと思ってるから俺の情報さらすわ
とりあえずクロムって名前でやってる
251. おまえクロムかよ! バリバリのトッププレーヤーじゃねえか!
252. 有名人すぎてビビったわ
253. よっしゃ俺もどっかで見かけたら報告するわ
254. 当面これからも温かく見守っていく方向でいいかなー?
255. いいともー!
256. いいともー!
257. いいともー!
258. いいともー!

==================
[NWO] A bad-assed shield-bearer discovered

1. Badass.
2. Details.
3. How bad?
4. DKW napping in the West Forest surrounded by large centipedes, caterpillars, and wolves.
5. Wha?
6. He'll usually die, no matter how large his shield.
7. With powerful equipment?
8. It looks like a basic one.
    Just remembering the scene makes me feel sick.
     Why can she sleep deeply among the poisonous pest?
9. No idea, otherwise, neutralizing the damage...?
10. What kind of guy?
11. A pretty girl with a height of under 150cm.
     The speed of movement tells her AGI is almost zero.
     BTW, if I do the same, my body will be dissolved instantly, aye.
12. Did she distribute the maximum points for defense?
13. She may have found hidden skills or something.
14. Hmm, I have to gather information to come.
     If she becomes a top player, her name shall be revealed.
15. I'm going to drop a line if I see her around.
16. TY for the report!

241. I encountered the girl with a large shield... uh, have registered as a friend.
242. Wha?
243. How?
244. She popped out at the entrance and was worriedly looking around, ran up to me and addressed in the second moment since she caught my eye. *lol*
245. WTF strong communicator, the shield girl.
246. Then?
247. She asked how to get a greater shield (like mine).
     So I told if I introduce a blacksmith. She came after me.
248. Is she joining a party?
249. Overconcentration? Hidden skills?
250. Well, wait and summarize now.
     She's still a loner.
     The reason she chose the shield was that she did not want to hurt while being attacked, so she wanted to boost the defenses.
     I didn't ask if she did extremely biased allocation or had hidden skills.
     Very honest, alive and kicking.
     Overall, a quite good girl.
     Ah, I wish to watch over her...
     I want to exchange information with you guys, so I'll expose who I am.
     I'm playing under the name of "Kuromu (Chrome?)".
251. It's Kuromu, you are! He's one of the first-line players!
252. I've got shivered by his thundering fame.
253. Okay, I'll report if I see her somewhere.
254. From today, do we agree to keep her watching from steps back, with smiles?
255. Sure thing!
256. Sure thing!
257. Sure thing!
258. Sure thing!
==================
aReviewerJan 10, 2020 3:53 PM
Jan 10, 2020 4:05 PM
Jan 2020
The show's game mechanics are basically a parody of how terribly unbalanced of a game SAO would be if it was real; I've read a bit of the manga, the main character's build actually gets nerfed in a patch because the devs never expected min/maxing like this to be viable.

It's a comedy and the protagonist being OP through unintended interactions and exploits is part of the joke.
Jan 10, 2020 5:10 PM

May 2018
A very "eh" first episode, im not really hooked yet but i'll give it another go next week, if im still not interested then I probably wont watch it. The main girl, Maple, is really cute but even so for a first episode there was literally no attempt in doing anything worthwhile to get the viewers attention.

It wasn't bad, just mediocre.
Jan 10, 2020 5:51 PM

May 2019
This was really fun to watch. It's funny to imagine the NWO devs thinking: 'what if someone decides to eat the boss... hm give them a unique skill' lmao

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Jan 10, 2020 6:36 PM

Nov 2010
Extremely boring first episode. It's like an online game manual.
Jan 10, 2020 7:13 PM

Jun 2013
That was so freaking cute!
Favorite first episode of the season!
Jan 10, 2020 8:30 PM
Jun 2019
The game seems to work on Final Fantasy II or whatever logic where what you do boosts your stats? Wouldn’t really work as an MMO but it works as a game mechanic in general.
Jan 10, 2020 9:29 PM
Aug 2017
The only thing I didn't like about this episode is that, based on the stuff she unpacks from the box of VR equipment I expected the VR experience to be similar to current tech like HTC Vive or Oculus Rift, but she claims to be able to feel pain and taste things. If that is true, I would have expected to see nothing but a "full dive" headset like SAO. What is she going to be using the controllers and gloves for if the game is supplying the senses? How is she going to know that she's not bashing her hands against the walls, or tripping over things?

Other than that, I loved it. It was super cute and funny. I can already see how her uncanny luck is going to play into this series heavily, otherwise she wouldn't have managed to max out her poison resistance (managing moderate poison resistance in the beginning area and being gifted a load of health potions by the high-level shielder, then being pointed to an area to farm cash that happens to have a boss with nothing but poison attacks). I can understand how some people are going to be turned off by that, but the same thing can be said of any shonen derp-to-hero series where a "can-do attitude" gets him through every impossible battle. As far as I'm concerned, I think it's going to be a lot of fun to watch.

As a matter of fact, I think I'm going to like both of the VRMMO anime series this season (this and Infinite Dendrogram), based on their first episodes. That said, I love anime set outside of "real life" (like VRMMOs) and a lot of the isekai series, so you can take that with a grain of salt if they aren't your thing.
Jan 10, 2020 10:02 PM
Mar 2019
The Episode 1 is enjoyable, I have read the thread about Kaede's skills and how she got it and it is quite reasonable. Definitely gonna continue watching it.
I love K-On, and so should you.

Jan 10, 2020 10:04 PM
Mar 2019
SakurasouBusters said:
That was so freaking cute!
Favorite first episode of the season!

gonna agree with this one, the most enjoyable first ep so far.
I love K-On, and so should you.

Jan 10, 2020 10:58 PM
Mar 2019
Kuromu looks like Klein from SAO
Jan 10, 2020 11:54 PM

Sep 2016
Imagine overanalyzing a moe anime. Lol.

Can't wait for next week.
bruh
Jan 11, 2020 12:11 AM
Oct 2018
This anime reminds me with iruna online where Paladin invest all stats to VIT. Honestly, this anime will never get tittle as anime of the year but still relaxing to watch.
Jan 11, 2020 2:15 AM

Sep 2009
First episode and I am loving it already <3 Reminds me so much of Slime anime, which is one of my favorite anime ever! I can't even wait for the sequel of that anime :)

P.S. The background art style made me also miss 'Log Horizon' :(
Jan 11, 2020 4:42 AM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
So, Shiina Aki left Sunohara-sou, transforms from being a shota into a loli and becomes an overpowered tank lol.

Shield loli so fckin cute and funny.
Jan 11, 2020 5:21 AM

Jan 2011
I don't know why people spend too much time analyzing the anime
even if it's serious anime just no point of analyzing a fiction just enjoy what you have, don't think too much about logic, leave your logic to your real-life if you bring your logic you will never enjoy watching anime
Jan 11, 2020 6:58 AM

Nov 2019
This was cute
I'ma keep watching this because it looks fun
7.5/10 episode
Jan 11, 2020 7:22 AM

Oct 2017
Lol she fucking ate the dragon. Cute start tbh and I like the main girl.
Jan 11, 2020 9:05 AM

Feb 2010
Acquire defenses. Eat dragon. Hilarity ensues.

Looking forward to next week, ha.
Jan 11, 2020 9:39 AM
Dec 2012
KaeUBW said:
helmy said:
I'm so confused with every Status points she gets. How does the calculation work? Plus all the skills she got, it makes this game looks so easy. Idk, I'll give this series a chance

It's not easy, there are requirements to unlock every skill she gets, and the requirements are not that easy (except the poison resistance that just requires being hit by poison enough times) like the Total Defense skill (the very first she unlocked) *quote from the novel* "Receive attacks continuously for an hour, and not receive damage. And, not afflict damage using magic"...who would that? Specially in the beginning and without knowing it would unlock a skill. She did it because she was having fun being attacked by the rabbit.
Also this skill makes it harder to increase any other stat as you'll have to put 3 points to raise 1 of anything other than VIT.

She is unlocking skills that are hard to unlock because how she is playing the game. Like sleeping while being attacked.

The points are also correct. In the last screen you can see that she VIT 150 (66) which is her base stats + her equip bonus and this is multiplied by 4 (Total x2 and Giant Killing x2) so 216 x4 = 864.

yeah about "the skill that she got from attacked by monsters for an hour", It makes sense. part that makes me wonder is the poison resistance skill she got from hydra is just like, confusing, the skill name is like high-tier skill but it's in a beginner dungeon.

about the status point, I mean status point she gain per level is not consistent. From Lv1 to Lv2 she got 5 status points but when she got leveled up to Lv8 from Lv2 (the moment after she fell asleep), she has 15 unspent status points and when she leveled up from Lv8 to Lv18, she has 20 unspent status points.

Did they skip any parts from novel where she goes levelling?
Jan 11, 2020 1:13 PM

Nov 2009
LOL, pure defense.

Interesting series. Tho I think I saw this type of plot somewhere else before. Where someone puts all their points into just one single stat. (wonder what'll happen in this VR game if someone else put all into some other stat besides DEF/ VIT) (IE: put everything into AGI, do you become the "FLASH"?) (too bad there's no game that lets you put all points into one stat, old games used to, but newer games got "balanced")

Anyways... I like this series. Especially since it isn't EMO-shit like Shield Heroes... dropped that series within 3 episodes.

This series is more so based on Cute girls doing cute things comedy. Much more light hearted to watch and doesn't make you feel like smashing your monitor.

(BTW, "New World Online".... hehe at the title... I wonder if Amazon stole that title. Too bad the game Amazon is developing is just a regular MMORPG and not Moe-fied VRMMO) (tho that's also a good thing... cause VR are still damn expensive... I wait for the day when VR sets drops below 200 USD, since VR sets are technically "controllers" and not actual "consoles" (you still need a console or pc to run the games, VR sets can't really run it by themselves, mobile-phone headsets don't count), and there's no controller out there that costs more than 200 usd, even the best of the best controller only cost around 150 or so)
amlgJan 11, 2020 11:25 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jan 11, 2020 5:35 PM

Oct 2007
I was the front tank of our party in Ragnarok Online during boss hunt, there is of course a secondary tank behind me, just in case stuff happened. So sort of can relate a lot to this anime. I'm glad this kind of anime was done.
Jan 11, 2020 6:22 PM

Dec 2009
I remember my old days of being a pro tank in Tera Online... good times.
This girl is pretty amusing, i like her. I like how she things, a toughie. The way she beat the hydra tho lul.

Only problem i have with this anime is that yet again it treats players like they never try this stuff... if anybody knew there was a system for increasing resistances like this, it'd be standard fare and everybody would know about it and do it as part of the common levelling process.

Quality naming.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jan 11, 2020 8:39 PM

May 2012
GenesisAria said:
Only problem i have with this anime is that yet again it treats players like they never try this stuff... if anybody knew there was a system for increasing resistances like this, it'd be standard fare and everybody would know about it and do it as part of the common levelling process.

Well if you are referring to the poison resistance then most likely the other players know about it. They didn't say that this was a skill that only Kaede unlocked.

It's most likely (i'm just speculating here) that poison resistance is a skill used only by shield bearers or maybe only they can reach immunity on it.

The Giant Killing is an skill that others must have unlocked too, but it's not that easy to have it always in effect because it requires 4 of their stats to be lower than their opponent. For Kaede this is easy because she is only increasing a single stat.

Total Defense on the other hand is an skill that only Kaede unlocked, but just because the requirements are hard to met if no ones about it.

helmy said:
KaeUBW said:

It's not easy, there are requirements to unlock every skill she gets, and the requirements are not that easy (except the poison resistance that just requires being hit by poison enough times) like the Total Defense skill (the very first she unlocked) *quote from the novel* "Receive attacks continuously for an hour, and not receive damage. And, not afflict damage using magic"...who would that? Specially in the beginning and without knowing it would unlock a skill. She did it because she was having fun being attacked by the rabbit.
Also this skill makes it harder to increase any other stat as you'll have to put 3 points to raise 1 of anything other than VIT.

She is unlocking skills that are hard to unlock because how she is playing the game. Like sleeping while being attacked.

The points are also correct. In the last screen you can see that she VIT 150 (66) which is her base stats + her equip bonus and this is multiplied by 4 (Total x2 and Giant Killing x2) so 216 x4 = 864.

yeah about "the skill that she got from attacked by monsters for an hour", It makes sense. part that makes me wonder is the poison resistance skill she got from hydra is just like, confusing, the skill name is like high-tier skill but it's in a beginner dungeon.

about the status point, I mean status point she gain per level is not consistent. From Lv1 to Lv2 she got 5 status points but when she got leveled up to Lv8 from Lv2 (the moment after she fell asleep), she has 15 unspent status points and when she leveled up from Lv8 to Lv18, she has 20 unspent status points.

Did they skip any parts from novel where she goes levelling?

Kaede noticed that she gained less stats points too when she got to level 8. Then she came to the conclusion that 5 points are awarded every 2 levels. So after level 2 she got more 5 points at levels 4, 6 and 8 (15 points in total) then she leveled up to 11 (this was when she woke up with lots of monster attacking her) and got 10 points because the game gives twice the amount of points every 10 levels (so instead of 5 she got 10). Then more at levels 12, 14, 16 and 18 for a total of more 20 points. So the anime was correct.

The anime skipped the second fight which was against a small enemy that couldn't hurt her before going further in the forest and finding that higher level flying enemy that shot poison at her and dropped that ring. The other change i saw was that Kaede slept when she learned Meditation. In the novel she was trying to sense monsters with her mind lol.

So far every thing else was just like the novel.

KaeUBWJan 11, 2020 8:46 PM
I despise woke people.
Jan 11, 2020 9:05 PM

Feb 2018
Shield girl xD, she defeat dragon omg.
Jan 12, 2020 12:19 AM

Dec 2009
KaeUBW said:
GenesisAria said:
Well if you are referring to the poison resistance then most likely the other players know about it. They didn't say that this was a skill that only Kaede unlocked.

It's most likely (i'm just speculating here) that poison resistance is a skill used only by shield bearers or maybe only they can reach immunity on it.

There was literally dialogue of people baffled by how she was not taking damage from poison, as if she was special and doing something nobody knew about. With the speed in which she got the resistances, that's HIGHLY unlikely.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2020

95 by Gvendoline »»
Mar 1, 3:37 AM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2020

168 by Gvendoline »»
Jan 18, 3:02 PM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2020

123 by Gvendoline »»
Jan 17, 7:19 PM

» Unacceptable Developer Response to Maple (spoilers through Ep. 3) - I'm cancelling my MMO subscription

Oiisu - Jan 14, 2023

12 by Foreall908 »»
Jan 16, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2020

139 by yourboy_asta »»
Dec 30, 2023 11:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.