Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Jan 6, 1:08 AM

https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/status/1214110464168230912

Official Word: https://twitter.com/higu_anime/status/1214109350588899328

Announcement Video: https://twitter.com/higu_anime/status/1214127857682661377

I've been planning to watch this series for a long time but I certainly didn't think a Sequel new project would be under way.

Modified by _MushiRock11_, Jan 6, 2:18 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 6, 1:10 AM

Well damn, wasn't expecting this, and hooray for Akio Watanabe and it not being Deen.

Is it a remake or a sequel/spinoff? I think the first season absolutely needs a remake, the visuals did not age well at all.... Even back then it was ugly TBH. Kai still looks fine, though.
Modified by HeruruMeruru, Jan 6, 1:13 AM

Jan 6, 1:17 AM

HeruruMeruru said:
Well damn, wasn't expecting this, and hooray for Akio Watanabe and it not being Deen.

Is it a remake or a sequel/spinoff? I think the first season absolutely needs a remake, the visuals did not age well at all.... Even back then it was ugly TBH. Kai still looks fine, though.

I suppose it's still a little too early to say anything for sure for now. I'll update the post in case something new pops up though.

Jan 6, 1:21 AM

Dude wtf how do y'all share this on here so quick? Tweet legit just dropped from AIR. Missed out on Reddit and this lol.

Anyway, 2020 is absolutely going to be insane. So much heat.
Subscribe to my Youtube: MariNate

Jan 6, 1:40 AM

Is this a remastered?

Jan 6, 1:45 AM

Marinate1016 said:
Dude wtf how do y'all share this on here so quick? Tweet legit just dropped from AIR. Missed out on Reddit and this lol.

Anyway, 2020 is absolutely going to be insane. So much heat.

I was incidentally roaming around Twitter then so I immediately dropped the info here, hence why I didn't take too long I suppose.

I keep my bell notif on for a few of the ongoing shows, my favourite Seiyuus, musicians, composers etc and of course Air_News by the way so that's another way of keeping track of things super fast I reckon.

2020 is indeed going to be fantabulous, yeah! Heck, Winter 2020 is off to a bloody great start already despite the big guns still to come!

@Hitoribotchan, no confirmation on that just yet.

Jan 6, 1:45 AM

more ciel i mean chie

Jan 6, 1:47 AM
I love stuff...

Should Umineko get new anime too?

Jan 6, 1:54 AM

I had a feeling this would happen after that little teaser picture at the end of the nico nico thing. I'm not the biggest fan of Akio Watanabe's character designs. Not into everyone looking like Monogatari characters and wish they'd copied the PS2 VN's style instead, but his character designs will definitely help the show get more attention. I assume this is going to be a remake and not adapting the arcs that weren't animated.

I honestly don't know if they can surpass the original and if this is only going to be 12-13 episodes, it'll be disappointing. The studio animating this isn't the best, but hopefully they really go all out with this one. I'm super hyped regardless since more Higurashi is always a good thing and i'll take it in any form i can get :> It'd be nice to see Umineko and the recently released Ciconia get some anime too.

Jan 6, 2:03 AM
I love stuff...

Hitoribotchan said:
Is this a remastered?
From what it looks like, it is completely new adaptation, or remake, if you will.

Jan 6, 2:24 AM
Ugh, Passione studio. Looks like producers are cutting corners and costs.

Jan 6, 2:32 AM

More of when they cry, great. Really want to know if this is gonna be a sequal/spinff off /remake. Either way it will be great.
Gray, Rave, Crave, Deprave.
Grave me,
Grave for you.

Jan 6, 3:42 AM
Akio Watanabe is doing the character design!!!!!!
I LOVE his character designs.

And I absolutely don't think we need a sequel(we already had Rei which was okay). Because it ended perfectly. And adapted the VN fully. I haven't played VN and I know they skipped few things but I still think the adaptation was really good,(not saying it was better though) also I loved the old chara designs too.
And if it's a spin-off, then I won't mind. Cause we had tons already.
I think it's going to be a remake I guess. But the previous Higurashi adaptations ARE good. And as much as I love Akio Watanabe's designs I will definitely miss the previous ones.
Modified by AKiB_, Jan 6, 1:34 PM

Jan 6, 3:58 AM

Omfg, this was totally unexpected :o my mouth can't even close itself due to all my excitement after seeing this announcement!

I wonder what this will be tho.. But anyways, i'm so damn glad to see one of my all time favorite shows getting a new anime project! Hell yeah dude!!

Jan 6, 4:02 AM

F**K TO THE YES! So looking forward to this.

Jan 6, 4:11 AM
Wow never expected this. Higirashi is truly unique anime and my first horror anime also. Will it be sequel or remake?

Jan 6, 4:30 AM
Gekiga fanatic

Passione is a big turnoff, I'm really not expecting this to be great but I'll still give it the benefit of the doubts

Jan 11, 3:56 PM
HeruruMeruru said:

It’s a personal opinion, but I think Deen did an excellent job with the visuals in both seasons. Have you realized that the studio doing the new adaptation is Passione? If you did I have no idea why are you celebrating as Passione is incompetent

Jan 11, 4:21 PM

FforBeeTrain said:
HeruruMeruru said:

It’s a personal opinion, but I think Deen did an excellent job with the visuals in both seasons. Have you realized that the studio doing the new adaptation is Passione? If you did I have no idea why are you celebrating as Passione is incompetent

I've never even heard of Passione before, so yeah if they suck then that's... not good.