Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 5, 2020 8:11 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
We got two episodes this week.

There's a lot more mind games going on even with a bit of illusions going on. Seems a theme in this show relates to what is real and and what's not. Also, this episode could be building more into the rest of the season with Hiroki and Tsukasa possibly being involved in a conspiracy.
Jan 5, 2020 5:26 PM

Mar 2013

Nice ED! Want to watch it now!
revengerofdeathJan 5, 2020 5:29 PM
Jan 5, 2020 10:12 PM

Jan 2018
ttcchen said:
ok what the fuck is going on?

and why is it getting gayer and gayer?
Wait... what? I'm sold.
Jan 5, 2020 10:35 PM

Aug 2008
lol, i will be waiting a proper sub for it
i must say i love the op a lot :)) in rest cant say much cus havent seen it yet :))
The spider is watching
Jan 6, 2020 7:52 AM

Feb 2019
revengerofdeath said:

Nice ED! Want to watch it now!
This ED is lit af. This just might be best ED of the season.
Jan 6, 2020 9:15 AM
Jun 2019
is episode two today as well or next week???
Jan 6, 2020 9:18 AM

Jun 2014
kurtyNC said:

it will air next week. The eng sub too. Tho ep2 is available as raw if you want to watch it.
Jan 6, 2020 9:19 AM
Oct 2015
kurtyNC said:
Episodes 1 and 2 were both released yesterday on Amazon Prime Video Japan, but US Amazon Prime Video currently only has episode 1 released.
Jan 6, 2020 11:01 AM

Sep 2017
It is surprisingly nice. How they cut between reality and dream/hallucination reminds me a lot of Perfect Blue. The way how memory is rewrote also kinda reminds me of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
Jan 6, 2020 1:36 PM

Apr 2014
CHC said:
It is surprisingly nice. How they cut between reality and dream/hallucination reminds me a lot of Perfect Blue. The way how memory is rewrote also kinda reminds me of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
yes i was wondering what this reminded me of thx
Jan 6, 2020 3:27 PM

Aug 2013
CHC said:

For me its not perfect blue but Paprika. The Youkai-Parade in Paprika that works as a leitmotif of the surrealistic scenes between different consciences is the goldfish in this anime. Thats so cool someone else made this allude to Satoshi Kon, albeit he would've directed it way better.
Jan 7, 2020 7:16 AM

Apr 2011
Well the second episode explains a lot.

I kinda like Satorus character the most but it looks like the show will be focusing on other two more.
Jan 7, 2020 8:13 AM

Apr 2019
No love for Pet from MAL? Argueably it is messy and the animation may not be everybody's taste, neither the boy's love vibes. However, there is a huge but ...
CHC said:
How they cut between reality and dream/hallucination reminds me a lot of Perfect Blue. The way how memory is rewrote also kinda reminds me of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
I agree with that, it reminds me of Satoshi Kon and Richard Linklater a lot. And remember, Kon was messy often as well.
KamisamaHatatan said:
For me its not perfect blue but Paprika.
Which probably is true, but even that would still be great enough.

This probably isn't coincide, Sadayuki Murai did the series composition. He wrote the scripts for Perfect Blue and Millenium Actress, and did series composition and most of the script for Boogiepop wa Warawanai. That, and he also wrote the script for an obscure niche show called Cowboy Bebop.

I can't really assess the show yet, but I think it's way too early to write it off.
inimJan 7, 2020 8:29 AM

Jan 9, 2020 7:24 AM

Sep 2014
Thread Cleaned

All the abusive posts have been removed. Abuse isn't allowed on the forums.
Site & Forum Guidelines Rule I.3: Trolling, abuse and/or harassment of any community member (user or moderator) will not be tolerated.

Furthermore, do not ask when subs/raws will be released, or where to download/watch the episode.
Jan 13, 2020 5:29 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I think I understand what they're trying to do with this show now, more enjoyable episode than the first one
Jan 13, 2020 5:39 AM
Feb 2017
Ok, I think I finally understand what they are doing. Much better than the first episode.
Jan 13, 2020 5:52 AM

Nov 2010
As the voice acting of the brown-haired boy is poor, I checked the VA and found he is not a professional VA. It seems this show is based on comics and there is a play that is based on the same comics too. The VA is assigned from the actor in the play. Not a good decision.
Jan 13, 2020 6:13 AM
Sep 2016
This was definitely a better episode in the first.

While my issues with the editing still stand, I thought this was more concise and more fun, I guess? I really liked the visuals of this episode and the weird moments like that stripper turning into a floatable doll were interesting. The characters feel like they have more life to them than just "big boss man and pierced underling". In fact, I think my favorite is Satrou here. He just seems like a bro that's just forced to work even though he doesn't like messing with his friends. Though I do have to point out, is Hiroki's voice actor seem off? He just doesn't sound fully invested. Sounds weird but that's how I felt.

Though that op is a fucking banger at the end of the day godamn. Also, I don't think I could handle this show with the LSD I have.
It really do be like that though.

Jan 13, 2020 6:14 AM
Sep 2016
ttcchen said:
ok what the fuck is going on?

Ok, I wasn't the only one thinking that. The way Keiji and Yotoka looked at each other gave me some Jack and Rose vibes man.
It really do be like that though.

Jan 13, 2020 6:38 AM

May 2016
kuroneko99 said:
As the voice acting of the brown-haired boy is poor, I checked the VA and found he is not a professional VA. It seems this show is based on comics and there is a play that is based on the same comics too. The VA is assigned from the actor in the play. Not a good decision.

I was thinking something sounded off! This makes a lot of sense then. I agree, probably not the best choice.

Jan 13, 2020 6:39 AM

Oct 2017
I really hope that people who were complaining that the first episode made no sense now find it easier to follow the story, even though I had no problem following it in the first place.
I really liked this episode. It explained a lot and I actually like the characters. The gay vibes many people claim this episode had, well I felt them as well but I think they make much sense, especially for the main leads. We'll see how it goes.
I'm just sad, though, that it has that mean score on Mal. It doesn't deserve it in the least.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2020 7:15 AM
May 2017
this episode made sense. That isn't a good thing.The best thing about this show is how mind boggling the 1st episode was. I Still liked this episode though. But rating lowered from.9 to 8.
Jan 13, 2020 7:18 AM

Oct 2017
Nice they explained how they changed his memories and changing the memory was much more difficult than I thought. I'm kinda starting to get where this is going now.
MegamiRemJan 13, 2020 7:22 AM
Jan 13, 2020 7:26 AM

Dec 2014
I quite liked it, gave us a good amount of insight into what actually happened towards the end of the previous episode.

I'm finding this concept of peaks and valleys quite interesting, makes you wonder what your own peak and valley would be. Also interesting how they compared memories to history and the idea of being able to change a person's memories by manipulating their peaks and valleys.

Looking forward to see how they continue this.
Jan 13, 2020 7:33 AM

Sep 2016
I can't believe the rating is this low for the show. I think it's quite decent after watching this ep.
The next ep is OK, but ep#4-6 are super amazing. They totally got me hooked.
You guys would never guess what would happen in the following eps.
Jan 13, 2020 7:34 AM

Mar 2016
This is too good!!

I didn't think it'd be so hard to mess with someone's memories.

Hiroki being desperate to save Kenji was so sweet. And, him pranking Katsuragi was hilarious!

I see, Satoru is the strongest so far. He seems cute despite the yakuza-like appearance.

It was so sad to watch the boys make Katsuragi more important to Kenji than Yokota.

Katsuragi has no one that likes him (understandable), and he was happy when someone was made to like him, even though it was fake affection. It seems he might be a likeable character in the future.

Tsukasa and Hiroki are so close, it's almost romantic.

I was waiting every day for this anime to update that it was so frustrating. Not many stories make me feel that way, and that is why I am really loving this anime, and I really hope it doesn't get bad later.
Jan 13, 2020 7:46 AM

Mar 2016
kuroneko99 said:

I didn't know this had a stage adaption. I looked up the actor because of that. lol.

Though, I thought the actor sounded good. He didn't sound like a bishounen, and instead sounded like my brother, which made me feel more connected to him. I'm probably doing a bad job explaining this, but I felt he sounded real in a way, and I like real sounding characters in seinen animes.
Jan 13, 2020 7:55 AM

Nov 2019
ttcchen said:

Wonderful, isn't it?

Together with Housekishou Richard-shi no Nazo Kantei and Runway de Waratte, this is going to be such a fun season!

Jan 13, 2020 8:01 AM

Jan 2008
ttcchen said:

Because it's pandering to fujos. You could tell that from the artwork.
Jan 13, 2020 8:51 AM

Feb 2019
That TK OP is as much a banger as you'd expect, Looks like some people who attended a screening a few months ago did get both eps back to back, I think everyone should have got that same treatment, otherwise it's very confusing which probably led to people giving it bad scores on MAL. Dunno why they allow you to rate so early anyway, stupid.

This requires a lot of active participation, I normally have my anime on in the background while I'm on Twitter or some shit, can't do that here, have to give full attention.
Jan 13, 2020 8:53 AM

Oct 2009
Definitely better than the first episode, I mean, at least it made some sense of some things. (Guess it's no surprise they decided to release it along with the 1st in Japan, that one on its own was really just hard to swallow.) The mechanics and the art/animation are beautiful indeed, and it remains one of those anime that you really have to pay attention to - and even then it's easy to get lost. But that's a good thing, a nice change from so many others that can be watched as a side activity while gaming or doing whatever else.
Jan 13, 2020 8:56 AM

Dec 2014
Well that was a nice episode..we saw more indebt of all things
Jan 13, 2020 9:01 AM

Nov 2019
ttcchen said:
don't know about housekishou but Runaway de Waratte doesn't have gay vibes tbqh

Ikuto, the male lead..

And they haven't even introduced most of the male characters yet.

Just give it a little more time..

Jan 13, 2020 9:18 AM

Jul 2019
Kyaa~ more gay vibes!! YES PLEASE motto!motto! šŸ˜Š
Jan 13, 2020 9:24 AM

Sep 2018
This episode tied most of the information we learned in the last episode together. I really enjoy having lightbulb moments while watching stuff, that's a big plus from me.

Overall this episode was really cool, the way the memory manipulating works is really intriguing. I'm starting to get into this!
Jan 13, 2020 9:54 AM
May 2019
More mind screw I like it we don't get many anime like this anymore it's nice change of pace.
The entire episode had some nice trippy vibes to it and some good character development I like were this anime is going.
Jan 13, 2020 10:07 AM

Mar 2010
I wonder how many people can mentally follow this.

Very unique in my opinion!

The characters worry me though, not sure if i'll like any of them.
Jan 13, 2020 10:18 AM

Dec 2017
The yaoi vibes kinda ruined the enjoyment for me, but still tolerable with the superb explanation of the previous episode. Great episode overall.

It's so crazy how these gifted individuals choose(?) to use their abilities to commit/assist crimes. Guess we'd need tolearn more about it.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 13, 2020 10:21 AM

Jul 2010
Orikasa_Momiji said:
I can't believe the rating is this low for the show. I think it's quite decent after watching this ep.

Where did you see all of that? Or are you talking about the manga?
Jan 13, 2020 10:23 AM

Jul 2010
electromagneto said:
The yaoi vibes kinda ruined the enjoyment for me, but still tolerable with the superb explanation of the previous episode. Great episode overall.

It's so crazy how these gifted individuals choose(?) to use their abilities to commit/assist crimes. Guess we'd need tolearn more about it.

It's not yaoi. Honestly Hiroki seems to have a crush on Tsukasa so you'll just have to get used to the /romantic/ choice this series might be making or drop it.
Jan 13, 2020 10:25 AM
Jan 2020
The first episode was weird and confusing, but I feel like the second episode is starting to sort things out. That being said, I felt a bit like I was watching a boys-love show. Maybe it was the writing, or the way it was drawn out. I did enjoy that though, since I had a feeling about those two in episode 1. It did make me more interested to see how their characters develop in the rest of the show.
Jan 13, 2020 10:30 AM

Jul 2010
Morally gray characters altering people's memories through beautiful, trippy worlds made from their psyche? Sign me up!

This show is really starting to impress me. Especially the rocky relationship between Katsuragi and Hiroki. Am I the only one who got chills when Hiroki trapped the old man in his own mind? That was pretty unexpected. It's crazy how he can go from a cute brat to that cold mindfucker.

Anyways, I'm excited to see that the gay isn't just fujobait. Hiroki definitely got a crush on Tsukasa. This episode really drove that home lol I'm not surprised Tsukasa made his peak, I knew they had to be connected in a deep way.
Jan 13, 2020 10:36 AM
May 2019
1evis-asshole said:
Orikasa_Momiji said:

While I'm not the individual you were asking, Amazon Prime Japan released episodes 3-6 this week.
Jan 13, 2020 11:05 AM

Sep 2017
Liked this second episode, it gave some explanations after the first episode

I can already tell I like 3 of the 4 MC (the man with the glasses is quite irritating however)
Jan 13, 2020 11:08 AM

Mar 2019
Seems some people are so insecure they can't take male friendship at all.
my dark magical girl webseries
https://unsafemahoushoujo.wordpress.com/blog/
Jan 13, 2020 11:12 AM

Jul 2010
LilyGinnyBlack1 said:
1evis-asshole said:

While I'm not the individual you were asking, Amazon Prime Japan released episodes 3-6 this week.

I'm fucking pissed, niggas bout to just get a VPN. I'm annoyed, why tf does Japan get more episodes than us?

Thank you for the info btw<3
Jan 13, 2020 11:13 AM

Jul 2010
transphinx said:
Seems some people are so insecure they can't take male friendship at all.

They are probably sensing the gay that's wafting off of Hiroki lol
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pet Episode 10 Discussion

Ashhk - Mar 9, 2020

36 by JeanFranciss »»
Feb 18, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 8 Discussion

Ashhk - Feb 24, 2020

37 by JeanFranciss »»
Feb 11, 8:26 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 6 Discussion

uninstallthegame - Jan 18, 2020

43 by JeanFranciss »»
Feb 4, 9:31 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 5 Discussion

45 by Roch2001 »»
Nov 25, 2023 4:03 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

71 by Hooray »»
Aug 31, 2023 6:29 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.