Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 13, 2020 11:16 AM
May 2019
1evis-asshole said:
LilyGinnyBlack1 said:

While I'm not the individual you were asking, Amazon Prime Japan released episodes 3-6 this week.

I'm fucking pissed, niggas bout to just get a VPN. I'm annoyed, why tf does Japan get more episodes than us?

Thank you for the info btw<3

No problem. I really feel that frustration myself, though I do have a bit of an idea of where the story is going (I've skimmed through some raw Japanese scans of the manga that I found online). It still isn't the same thing as seeing how they'll choose to adapt that material though and such.
Jan 13, 2020 11:22 AM

Apr 2011
So glad I started watching it since ep. 1 and didn't get to judge from MAL score. Kinda feel like giving Pet 9 or 10 points.
Jan 13, 2020 11:57 AM

Oct 2018
we still don't have all the details but its going good....
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Jan 13, 2020 12:00 PM

Jun 2013
Fantastic episode!
Jan 13, 2020 12:02 PM
Jul 2018
Some explanations. I like how we see the dynamic between the 4 characters. Let's see where this goes.
Jan 13, 2020 1:26 PM
Dec 2019
Really like the concept of going deeper into the past of a person in an attempt to construct a neat "lie" for them. Did actually not expect something like this from the show. Honestly, with that concept it could even be a story only consisting of short arcs and I might still be interested - although I would like a larger narrative more.

The idea reminds me of the game To the Moon, which I liked a lot. Done well you can do some really magnificient storytelling with this. Dunno if that is the direction the show will go into, maybe not.

Sadly, the animation was not great this episode. Even mouth movements were sometimes weird. I guess this will not be a looker for most time, with some ok looking scenes inbetween.
Jan 13, 2020 1:32 PM

May 2015
This was better than the 1st episode. At least, I don't want to drop it for now.
Jan 13, 2020 1:48 PM
Nov 2019
Quite mind boggling!
This anime looks promising so I'll definitely continue.
Jan 13, 2020 1:57 PM
Dec 2019
ttcchen said:
ok what the fuck is going on?

and why is it getting gayer and gayer?

MY THOUGHT THROUGH OUT THIS EPISODE!
Jan 13, 2020 2:01 PM
Dec 2019
I don't know what's exactly going on but I almost don't care that I don't understand every piece of the episode. I love the style, the colors, the animation is beautiful.
The concept of the anime is extremely interesting and going in blind is really cool. I'll be waiting for the next episode :)
Jan 13, 2020 2:11 PM

Nov 2010
I really liked this episode as well, especially the dream/memory sequences were done nicely. The average score is still abysmal but hopefully this episode helps the people who were confused after the first episode understand what is going on. I also sensed the BL vibes in this episode, and I think that it has something to do with Tsukasa sharing his peak with Hiroki (as explained in this episode, kind of like the situation with Hayashi/Satoru in the first ep). Looking forward to where this goes from now on since the concept is interesting.
OrochiroJan 13, 2020 4:42 PM
Jan 13, 2020 2:26 PM

Nov 2016
Lelouch0202 said:
I'm finding this concept of peaks and valleys quite interesting, makes you wonder what your own peak and valley would be.

Yeah, the concept and execution are fascinating, I was glued to the screen again, even tho I'm rarely really into these kind of psychological series.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 13, 2020 2:34 PM

May 2016
Great episode, really helped answer some of the questions I had coming from the first episode. Sad they had to replace Kenji's best friend with that douche though...
Jan 13, 2020 2:51 PM

Nov 2014
this_shit_again said:
ttcchen said:
don't know about housekishou but Runaway de Waratte doesn't have gay vibes tbqh

Ikuto, the male lead..

And they haven't even introduced most of the male characters yet.

Just give it a little more time..

Just to clarify, these don't pander to fujoshi. Fujoshi like to see two man interacting in gay ways, not to see someone show signs of being gay (plus there's nothing wrong with a straight boy having a bob cut-plus its anime and we have stranger hair out there-and Ikuto is just shy and Chiyuki is more assertive and in Asia people thinks men should be assertive and women should be reserved and quiet and shy, they see being aggressive and energetic as being "manly" so Ikuto isn't saying he's not manly he's saying-in western language-she is more assertive than he is

Hope i made that clear
Jan 13, 2020 3:26 PM

Oct 2013
A lot of things got explained this episode, I liked it better than the first.
Jan 13, 2020 3:46 PM
Dec 2019
May change

I'm not getting these trips to the memories and mind, i will probably rewatch the two episodes.
The visuals are really nice, the songs too.

[49/100]
Jan 13, 2020 3:50 PM

Sep 2017
Huge step up from the first episode. Still a bit confusing, but the pieces actually came together by the end. I like the concept of peaks and valleys and the consequences they have with regard to changing memories.
Jan 13, 2020 3:53 PM

Apr 2011
Loving the gay vibes.

And the weird shit too.
Jan 13, 2020 4:12 PM

Jan 2018
Hiroki's vibes are totally gay... and I'm totally gay for him.
Jan 13, 2020 4:21 PM

Nov 2019
Well.. The show looks to be, in part, an exploration of male intimacy.

So the subject matter is going to be especially hard to.. swallow for its straight male viewerbase. #thoughtsandprayers

Jan 13, 2020 4:24 PM
Jan 2018
So far I'm actually enjoying this (I'm not usually into huge mindf*cks) and a lot of stuff got cleared up this episode, yet I'm still confused. Are Hiroki, Tsukasa and Satoru bad guys? Or did they just end up in a sticky situation? I suppose more will be revealed about them in future episodes.
I find this anime kind of refreshing so far, though.
Jan 13, 2020 4:35 PM

Feb 2011
this_shit_again said:
Well.. The show looks to be, in part, an exploration of male intimacy.

So the subject matter is going to be especially hard to.. swallow for its straight male viewerbase. #thoughtsandprayers

Are you about done embarrassing yourself in this thread ?
Jan 13, 2020 5:02 PM

Jun 2013
another amazing episode
Jan 13, 2020 5:06 PM

Nov 2019
Hatsuyuki said:
Are you about done embarrassing yourself in this thread ?

No, but you can automatically hide my comments if it helps with your peace of mind. You can find it under Account Settings > Forum > Ignored Users.

Good luck!
Jan 13, 2020 5:12 PM
Aug 2018
Can someone explain why they made Yokota swapped cars?
People with low average anime scores don't have high standards. They are just bad at choosing good anime to watch.
Jan 13, 2020 5:41 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Great episode, as we get to see who them sync and do their work! I'm really curious as to how Hiroki and Tsukasa became so close, as Satoru said, Hiroki's peak must've been given by Tsukasa. That alone though doesn't signal anything "gay", as we've seen with Kenji's peak given by Yokota, and they were definitely just very close friends, or have a brotherly relationship. Also Satoru with Hayashi. There's a thing called romantic friendship, and from what we've seen so far, that's the most that Hiroki and Tsukasa's relationship could be. Hiroki blushing seems to be just like a child or little brother highly respecting Tsukasa.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the rest of the show even more now. It's interesting how Satoru was almost introduced as the main character because of how the first episode began with him as a child, but we seem to be getting slightly more focus on Hiroki and Tsukasa. Although, I'm sure that could change. Maybe next episode it'll focus on him. Also, we know that Satoru is really powerful, but Hiroki is catching up to him.
Jan 13, 2020 6:39 PM
Aug 2018
Interesting premise for the episode, but lackluster execution. None of the scenes felt like they had the weight they should have had. The VA for the brown haired main is really off, and some of the dialogue was really poorly done (the transition from asking about if Kenji had a bf to talking about your brothers death felt terribly unnatural). Overall, a step down from the first episode.
Jan 13, 2020 6:46 PM

Jan 2018
This was a good episode, i still can't understand why's the score on MAL so low.
Jan 13, 2020 7:17 PM
Oct 2013
Everyone sensing gayness from hiroki and tsukasa (I do too) but honestly, kenji is totally gay for yokota. When we were shown kenji's 'peak', red camellia flowers were falling down the sky, and red camellia flowers symbolizes "love, passion, and deep desire."

Jan 13, 2020 8:07 PM
Dec 2012
I liked it better then the 1st episode. I really liked the dream scenes. Consider me intrigued.
Jan 13, 2020 8:23 PM
Apr 2015
The biggest thing holding this show back is the production quality and that saddens me. I was fully prepared to tear it to pieces for being yet another soulless slipshod adapation, but after seeing episode 2 I can't bring myself to. Originally, I thought that it might be a monster-of-the-week type thing where we watch the pretty boys do their mind melds and move on without much ado, but I was pleasantly surprised to see it slow down and explain itself. I get the feeling that with the right people behind it this could've been on par with Psychopass... It won't be, but even with its laudible animation and sound design it's the first thing that's caught my attention in a while, so it must be doing something right.

Also, yeah, it's kind of gay. The first episode left me thinking that the viewer was supposed to find that... disgusting, or funny somehow? I thought it might turn out to be a "haha, they were pretending to be gay undercover!" sort of thing. I'm grateful that they're treating it a little more seriously than that. I found their whole "syncing" thing pretty cute and I wouldn't mind seeing more little things like that. Excited to see what kind of "peak" got the brown-haired guy so attached to the kuudere.
Jan 13, 2020 8:39 PM
Jan 2020
Just a personal opinion.

I think that episodes 1 and 2 should have been combined to make an hour episode. That would have been much better.
Jan 13, 2020 8:42 PM

Jun 2014
eWEQRW123123 said:

From what i understand they made them drive on a street with camera. Kenji was originally driving the car. Then they made yokota drive it after so the police would suspect kenji (as his killer?). And as such get rid of him.
Jan 13, 2020 8:54 PM

Sep 2019
This episode reminded me of the whole premise of to the moon and finding paradise, glad to see that concept being used in a anime
Jan 13, 2020 9:09 PM

Nov 2019
AntonioWux said:
This was a good episode, i still can't understand why's the score on MAL so low.
Well this is probably a lot of Shonen-tards first Seinen. On a serious note however this episode was fantastic in the way it elaborated on the whole mind wipe thing from the previous episode. I also enjoyed the 1st episode but I think this episode clarifies things a bit for the ones who did not.
SignsOfSuicideJan 13, 2020 9:27 PM
Don't let others ruin things for you. Even if a toxic fan pisses in your cereal, you could just get another bowl of cereal.
My Anime List - My Manga List
Jan 13, 2020 9:55 PM
May 2014
This show has been absolutely fantastic so far

Episode 2 while having some clunky expositionary dialogue still managed to go through its worldbuilding and conceptual storytelling pretty naturally without too much need to over explain like so many other boring anime do (*cough* death parade *cough*)

It’s honestly incredible to see them not have to explain to us exactly how they would change the memories to achieve their mission like Theres a clear cut plan. But rather they both go in and learn as we are learning about his memories with his friend and deduce the options they have and what they can do and it feels like two people working through a problem.

I respected the dialogue and writing quite a bit even if it wasn’t as great as episode 1 in terms of just showing your concept out the gate and not needing an essay long shounen explanation of dialogue. But man, the art style in this show is absolutely fantastic. So much beautiful mix of colors on display throughout. And I loved that random bit of surrealist comedy involving the whole “I used to date this guy” part.

Anyways, if it wasn’t for Eizouken, this would be anime of the season. Fantastic stuff
Jan 13, 2020 9:55 PM
Aug 2018
Hitwoman said:
eWEQRW123123 said:

From what i understand they made them drive on a street with camera. Kenji was originally driving the car. Then they made yokota drive it after so the police would suspect kenji (as his killer?). And as such get rid of him.

Oh interesting. That means they planned to get rid of Kenji even before they found out he discovered about them killing Yokota. I wonder why though.
People with low average anime scores don't have high standards. They are just bad at choosing good anime to watch.
Jan 13, 2020 10:07 PM

Apr 2012
2020 and people still think that possibly having gay characters = yaoi. Why
Jan 13, 2020 10:27 PM
Apr 2018
One thing for sure now, I'm not gonna drop this.

Kisho Taniyama's character can choke me.
Jan 13, 2020 10:52 PM

Jun 2014
eWEQRW123123 said:
Hitwoman said:

Oh interesting. That means they planned to get rid of Kenji even before they found out he discovered about them killing Yokota. I wonder why though.

Thier main target was yokota. But kenji being a close friend of his, will know that yokota not the kind of guy to kill himself. So they kill yokota, place the blame on kenji, kill him, then Case closed. Or so what i concluded.
Jan 13, 2020 11:09 PM

Jun 2015
This was one hell of a trip and I loved every part of it! Also loving the gay undertones, YES PLEASE.
Jan 13, 2020 11:31 PM
dozing general

Oct 2017
Decided this show wasn't really for me after watching this ep, but I did come to second the couple people who mentioned To The Moon/Finding Paradise in here

If you like the concept of delving into peoples' memories and altering them I'd recommend checking those games out if you haven't already. cool idea, just not really a fan of anything else in this show beyond that
Jan 14, 2020 3:24 AM

Jul 2017
Man, Episode 2 here is better than the clusterfuck that is Episode 1.

Here, with the "peaks and valleys", the plot seems more clearer, now that Hiroki and Tsukasa are "crushers" tasked by Katsuragi, evidently placed through mindfesting manipulation. Even at the slightest of piss, it can send waves of soul-crushing memories.

Now we finally see through the promo cover and its world, with the "peaks and valleys" being human motivation to the touch (happiness IMO) and how far each individual is based on their memories of their own life, the yin and yang in simple terms. As for "crushers" Hiroki and Tsukasa, it's altering memories to different points of time through human synchronisation via contact of the human body.

It's an arduous journey back and forth, but now that the term's understood, it's just splendid.
Jan 14, 2020 3:41 AM

Mar 2009
Yeah. A hell of a lot better than episode 1. And nowhere near as incomprehensible. The characters were given plenty of room to breathe here. Especially enjoyed the conversation about "peaks", and how they're shared with another person. Really should've been aired alongside the 1st episode, but Amazon Japan does not seem to be in sync, or something? Episodes 3-6 are already out in Japan? Wtf.

After finishing this one I even went back and watched the first one, but that whole episode still feels so disjointed.
Jan 14, 2020 8:15 AM

Nov 2019

If there was even a sliver of likeability to Katsuragi in the two episodes we've been shown, I honestly could not find it..

I can understand why Kenji's peak lost all its luster.
Jan 14, 2020 8:52 AM
Jun 2019
Hitwoman said:
eWEQRW123123 said:

Thier main target was yokota. But kenji being a close friend of his, will know that yokota not the kind of guy to kill himself. So they kill yokota, place the blame on kenji, kill him, then Case closed. Or so what i concluded.

OMG I'm kinda missed this part. Thank you for pointed it out and show me this part maybe will be so important in the future. I didn't asking more about the "business" between Kenji and Katsuragi in the first episode.
Jan 14, 2020 9:18 AM

Nov 2019
Hayashi is Matasaburo, Hiroki is a goldfish and Tsukasa is Undine. Satoru's 'spirit form' remains a mystery..
Jan 14, 2020 9:45 AM
Jul 2018
Uhhhh yeah don't know how to feel about this one, it's interesting but confusing af, also is it just me or is this show lowkey getting kinda close to yaoi territory
Jan 14, 2020 10:51 AM
Jul 2018
Just when I thought Katsuragi couldn't get more unlikable... What's his role in this organisation anyway? He doesn't seem to have any special abilities (except from extra douchiness).

I wonder how our main duo (Hiroki and Tsukasa) met. They are vey close so childhood friends maybe?
Jan 14, 2020 1:39 PM

Nov 2018
Episode 1 was confusing af but as more details are being revealed I can see SO much potential in this title. Not to mention the visuals which are a piece of art
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pet Episode 10 Discussion

Ashhk - Mar 9, 2020

36 by JeanFranciss »»
Feb 18, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 8 Discussion

Ashhk - Feb 24, 2020

37 by JeanFranciss »»
Feb 11, 8:26 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 6 Discussion

uninstallthegame - Jan 18, 2020

43 by JeanFranciss »»
Feb 4, 9:31 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 5 Discussion

45 by Roch2001 »»
Nov 25, 2023 4:03 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

71 by Hooray »»
Aug 31, 2023 6:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.