Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 7, 2020 4:06 AM

Jan 2011
Really not a good idea to have a somewhat likeable MC until the end of the episode when he gets screwed over by 2 unlikable brats, and then the ED comes on suggesting the 2 unlikeable brats are the actual MC's.
Not liking this at all.
The first few minutes were so interesting too.
Jan 7, 2020 4:51 AM
Apr 2018
Oh god the first minute was... idk i just found my jaw hanging.

I like the art style btw.
Jan 7, 2020 5:44 AM
Jan 2019
This was one good introduction episode! Lots of questions to be answered and intriguing dynamics to be explored between those who alter people's memories and the victims subjected to such a thing. I think the overall plot so far was pretty clear with just enough mystery to keep you wanting more.
Jan 7, 2020 6:05 AM
May 2014
This show really exposes how formulaic every anime is in their first episodes where they always establish the central characters, give a ton of exposition to make them likeable and establish their backstory and motivations and establish a clear easy to follow narrative

Nice to see Pet actually give us something different in ways of a far more artistic first episode
Jan 7, 2020 6:45 AM

May 2017
................okay..??

I dont understand, but i love it xDD
livexevilJan 7, 2020 7:09 AM
Jan 7, 2020 7:26 AM
Jun 2019
Mormegil said:
I can't find this anywhere on Amazon Prime. Searching doesn't bring it up

...judging by this thread, though, sounds like I'm not missing much.
you are missing a lot. Go and watch it
Jan 7, 2020 8:55 AM

Aug 2013
I liked the first episode! Although i'm very confused, I feel like it'll (hopefully) be explained through-out the show

Excited to see where this goes
Jan 7, 2020 12:32 PM

Jul 2010
Ppl praise mediocre shounen on here all the time and some of the most innovative shows get mad hate on here. I'm not surprised. People want shows to hold their hand like this ain't a mystery/psychological show. *Some people are so dense, like I didn't understand every single thing either but I got the concept. Mystery shows are supposed to make you ask alot of questions, psychological shows are supposed to be a mindfuck. Ppl are basically complaining about the genre.

I can't help but compare this to ID invader which was also sort of confusing (tbh this show made more sense to me) but much less creative by far yet its being praised as the most original anime of the season when this gem exists. Even Pet's art style is way more original. ID Invander has an interesting psych genre to it too but its riddled with tropey characters and plot devices, plus the faces are bland and typical for anime. Pet has such a sharp and beautiful animation and the characters actually have distinctive features, it's so refreshing to watch.

Pet has characters who aren't nearly as predictable and tropey. The whole thing really does feel like a new world, the characters aren't so black and white from the jump. ID feeds ideas to the audience while Pet forces you to think on your own. It's kind of hilarious that people like the easily digestible psychological mystery and not the one that truly feels like its genre (Pet).

Plus we know dudes on here hate anything that they see as gay cause this site is homophobic too. Honestly that's sad because ppl miss out on really good shows and judge them unfairly because they're close-minded dickheads.
1evis-assholeJan 7, 2020 12:36 PM
Jan 7, 2020 12:44 PM

Jul 2010
yellowheartren said:
Well, this looks like one fine disjointed mess so far. Curious to see how the puzzle pieces will be put together.

That said - as much as I like fanservice and as much as it can help keep me stick to a series sometimes... It's 2020. I do wish that by and large they stopped treating The Gay™ as nothing more than pure bait and/or comic relief. It's really tired at this point.

Yea tbh I was thinking that too but thats what you get from a show based on a 2005 manga. Fujobait was way worst back then, makes me happy that we're getting more actual LGBT characters nowadays. Although the second episode is a little promising, it wasn't translated but the gay may have a sensible reason behind it.
Jan 7, 2020 12:48 PM

Jul 2010
Verty_ said:
Really not a good idea to have a somewhat likeable MC until the end of the episode when he gets screwed over by 2 unlikable brats, and then the ED comes on suggesting the 2 unlikeable brats are the actual MC's.
Not liking this at all.
The first few minutes were so interesting too.

I get not liking the orange dude but the dark haired dude seemed chill to me. Plus I don't think they're supposed to be completely likable, they are technically not the heroes of the show.
Jan 7, 2020 12:49 PM

Jul 2010
VKDOOM said:
This show really exposes how formulaic every anime is in their first episodes where they always establish the central characters, give a ton of exposition to make them likeable and establish their backstory and motivations and establish a clear easy to follow narrative

Nice to see Pet actually give us something different in ways of a far more artistic first episode

THISSSSSSSSSSS^^
Jan 7, 2020 1:37 PM

Sep 2017
We got 3 psychological anime this season (Babylon, Pet and ID:Invaded), which is really rare

They're all pretty confusing but they're quite interesting too (Babylon is on another level though)
Jan 7, 2020 2:51 PM
Nov 2019
Wasn't exactly a great first episode but I can tell it's going to get good
Jan 7, 2020 3:06 PM

Apr 2011
Very interesting first episode.
Jan 7, 2020 4:22 PM

Jan 2008
Disjointed, boring, confusing AND fujo bait right in your face with the licking? That's strike four. I'm out.
Jan 7, 2020 4:26 PM

May 2017
yellowheartren said:
Well, this looks like one fine disjointed mess so far. Curious to see how the puzzle pieces will be put together.

That said - as much as I like fanservice and as much as it can help keep me stick to a series sometimes... It's 2020. I do wish that by and large they stopped treating The Gay™ as nothing more than pure bait and/or comic relief. It's really tired at this point.

I thought it was hawt.
Jan 7, 2020 7:55 PM

Jun 2008
no idea why this has a 6.66 atm

very interesting premise and im already hooked on whats happening next - and this is coming from a guy who really havent had much interest in anime these last couple of yrs

just judging from this thread i can see why anime industry dont air more stories like this one if the first ep is enough to confuse people lol

also my god, the OP is absolutely nuts. only anime ive seen so far this season and im sure this is gonna be the OP im gonna be hooked on. TK so good at delivering songs for mindfucked animu
TachiiJan 7, 2020 8:00 PM
Jan 7, 2020 8:25 PM
Jan 2016
Kimurah said:
Pretty meh.

The artstyle it's quite ugly (at least Kokkoku the first work from Genos studio looked a bit more eye pleasing) and just like other cheap studios they save on animation when scenes at night or on dark places are running (I could barely see that hand coming out of the barrel in order to understand that that blotch of black and brwon are supposed to be several barrels with more dead bodies in them)

Yesterday's Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na! was a magnicient example how to make transitions from one cut to another and give the audience orientation in this fictional world along with immersion. This is the complete opposite (either on purpouse to just enhance the WTF message or just lazy directing) quick cuts with very little animation (although there were some that had some nice animation, but barely nothing substancial happening) no transitions to cue the audience that the story is being presented after a timeskip and very little emphasis (framing) to tell that a couple of characters introduced in the first scene before the OP, are the old guy giving shady jobs and the kid whose soda was tainted by the cigar butt.

I can't believe that the same guy that directed Kuragehime, one of my most beloved shows, directed this "thing". I disliked ID: invaded from yesterday with a similar theme, but this one is even on a lower level than that.

I'm really glad I'm not the only one who though ID was mediocre. I quit halfway through the 1st ep from boredom and went on the forums to see if anyone felt similarly, but everyone was acting like they just saw the best thing ever....(though admittedly the 2nd episode was far better)
Jan 7, 2020 9:06 PM

Oct 2019
What in the f*ck ?!?
Jan 7, 2020 9:58 PM

Nov 2019
Pretty ok first episode 6/10
This episode was a lil interesting I'm gonna stick around even though it wasn't a good start cuz it has me a lil intrigued.
Jan 7, 2020 10:09 PM

Jul 2017
Dororun said:
It had some flaws

care to list some?
Jan 8, 2020 1:32 AM

Jul 2019
I dont understand how people could already tell this is terrible. Wtf MAL. No one could figure out whats going on this early. But I can tell already that people with short attention span should stay away from this kind of show tho lol
Jan 8, 2020 1:52 AM

Nov 2010
Directing could have been better but I had no problems understanding what was going on in this episode, and I appreciate the fact that it doesn't try to spoon feed everything to the viewer like most shows do nowadays. I assume that the the people who are confused didn't bother to read the synopsis before watching this.

Animation and art quality isn't anything special but I guess that's to be expected from a smaller studio. Really liked the OP though, and the ED was fine too. I'll need to see a few more episodes before I can formulate a proper opinion on this but so far it does seem promising.

The current 6.6 score for this really isn't it though... Just don't give ratings after 1 episode or if you drop a show right at the beginning please.
Jan 8, 2020 5:52 AM
Sep 2016
Does anyone know where can I read the manga, in portuguese, french or even in english? I just found the raws...
Jan 8, 2020 6:14 AM

Jun 2014
Modern0Cat said:
Does anyone know where can I read the manga, in portuguese, french or even in english? I just found the raws...

Not translated in english as far as i know. Can u share the raw please?
Jan 8, 2020 6:47 AM
Sep 2016
Hitwoman said:
Modern0Cat said:

Not translated in english as far as i know. Can u share the raw please?

Sure!
http://seattledeluxe.com/manga-pet-miyake-ranjou-raw.html
Jan 8, 2020 6:59 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I swear every time I come on these forums I lose brain cells lol

THIS is what yall are calling bad and garbage animation?....THIS?!? Lmfao, has nobody seen the infamous 7DS episode that dropped a few weeks ago? That is bad/garbage animation, this wasnt even anywhere close to that lol, I swear yall just come on here and say whatever dumb shit pops up on your minds first just to ride the fucking hate wave xD

Either way, that episode was confusing as hell during the last third but thankfully the second episode is out too.

Overall it wasnt bad, I'm actually kinda intrigued over what's going on with this group of people
Jan 8, 2020 12:25 PM

Dec 2015
This is looking more promising than ID:Invaded - so I'm going for this ... and watching it fully. Since it adapts a finished manga and I'm in the mood for one of these type of showas this season.

OP is nice. Reminded immediately of Psycho Pass cause of the singer. Didn't really understand yet what was going on. But was one of the 2 crusher boys the boy from the beginning? The mafia (?) boss seemed a but younger there when recruiting in the hospital.

Just not sure if they killed the first guy earlier and made the other guy hallucinate later in this episode when he saw him driving to suicide. Would be weird to have him still alive when they planned on killing him earlier (when he got sent to Bali 2-3 years ago). But I guess that 2-3 years ago time span was a fake memory already - since the crushers where the ones living there.

The feeling is good. No special effects and stuff. Just showing the different stuff normally. (Like that thing with "do you know what's good against headache?" lol the scene was funny.)

Edit: Also "director" and "series composition" ... seems to be experienced people that already did good jobs at other stuff listed there. (Baccano/Durarara.)
Jan 8, 2020 3:35 PM
Jul 2019
very confused as to why many disliked it, personally fucking loved it, top spot so far for me this season
Jan 8, 2020 4:02 PM

Oct 2014
1evis-asshole said:
Ppl praise mediocre shounen on here all the time and some of the most innovative shows get mad hate on here. I'm not surprised. People want shows to hold their hand like this ain't a mystery/psychological show. *Some people are so dense, like I didn't understand every single thing either but I got the concept. Mystery shows are supposed to make you ask alot of questions, psychological shows are supposed to be a mindfuck. Ppl are basically complaining about the genre.

I can't help but compare this to ID invader which was also sort of confusing (tbh this show made more sense to me) but much less creative by far yet its being praised as the most original anime of the season when this gem exists. Even Pet's art style is way more original. ID Invander has an interesting psych genre to it too but its riddled with tropey characters and plot devices, plus the faces are bland and typical for anime. Pet has such a sharp and beautiful animation and the characters actually have distinctive features, it's so refreshing to watch.

Pet has characters who aren't nearly as predictable and tropey. The whole thing really does feel like a new world, the characters aren't so black and white from the jump. ID feeds ideas to the audience while Pet forces you to think on your own. It's kind of hilarious that people like the easily digestible psychological mystery and not the one that truly feels like its genre (Pet).

Plus we know dudes on here hate anything that they see as gay cause this site is homophobic too. Honestly that's sad because ppl miss out on really good shows and judge them unfairly because they're close-minded dickheads.

Well the Funny thing is that I think that I didn't really had an issue following it all.
I Knew that the dark haired one was the kid from the 1st Scene.
I knew that because I paid attention and that is what you really have to do with this Show.

The only thing that threw me for a loop was the last scene. Was that a flashback or did the brown lost his memories?
Jan 8, 2020 4:10 PM
Jan 2020
Yeah so basically
The Jamaican guy worked for the old man, he find he friend and assist to his murder and after this try to escaped
But the two guy renting his appartment where "silent agent" in case he discover something and was working with the old man
And at the end they surely crush the memory of the Jamaican guy on the murder of his friend and leave
Seems to be a weird psychological anime but let see where they go with this
Jan 8, 2020 8:10 PM

Jul 2014
yellowheartren said:

Not sure what you even mean, they explained it pretty well when they mentioned that they can read other people's minds, especially desires.

What they haven't explained if is crushers can force it in, and or if crushers can force in fake desires like the blonde guy (original kid) being gay.

This anime was given the back of the new upcoming anime list by mal just like other amazon prime animes and hence why it's getting low users/views and why the low as fuck score, I even think it might be getting manipulated by bad actors.

i find it really worrying how much MAL is benefiting crunchyroll over amazon prime to the point of personally messing with prime anime
lycan_Jan 8, 2020 8:13 PM
Jan 8, 2020 9:57 PM

Mar 2019
Too many good things and too many bad things in one episode...

PS: the ending art card... wtf.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Jan 9, 2020 12:29 AM

Feb 2019
Am I the only one that was just pretty bored and confused throughout this? The best part was the OP and ED, It has an interesting premise but the show itself seems mid af. I'll keep with it because I never drop anything and I feel like somethings I just probably missed on my own from multitasking.

MAL says ep 2 is out, was that an advanced screening?
Jan 9, 2020 12:57 AM

Jun 2014
Marinate1016 said:
Am I the only one that was just pretty bored and confused throughout this? The best part was the OP and ED, It has an interesting premise but the show itself seems mid af. I'll keep with it because I never drop anything and I feel like somethings I just probably missed on my own from multitasking.

MAL says ep 2 is out, was that an advanced screening?

Only in amazon prime japan
Jan 9, 2020 4:49 AM

Oct 2009
Don't get me wrong, I understood everything (not "everything" of course, but at least what the episode aims to convey), but are we going to have some explicit flashbacks to what's happened in ep2 ?

I'm pretty sure there was more scenes in the PV with the two youngs explicitly entering the rhasta bar guy's mind (and transforming into fishes or something like that), so I find it pretty weird if ep1 is the only one about the rhasta bar guy's story.
Jan 9, 2020 5:31 AM
Mar 2018
Hmmmm. I am still unclear about a lot of things and that is probably why I will watch the next episode and the one after.
Jan 9, 2020 6:29 AM

Jun 2014
MonsieurPapillon said:
Don't get me wrong, I understood everything (not "everything" of course, but at least what the episode aims to convey), but are we going to have some explicit flashbacks to what's happened in ep2 ?

I'm pretty sure there was more scenes in the PV with the two youngs explicitly entering the rhasta bar guy's mind (and transforming into fishes or something like that), so I find it pretty weird if ep1 is the only one about the rhasta bar guy's story.

Im not sure if it needs spoiler lmao but
Jan 9, 2020 4:00 PM

Oct 2017
Pretty good start, I'll definitely gonna see this shit breaks minds.
Even the BL stuff, I'm totally in.
-¡Give yourself to me!
Jan 9, 2020 6:11 PM

Jul 2015
how are so many people single digit iq, lol what
Jan 9, 2020 9:20 PM
Dec 2019
it was`t enough to hook me....the story isn`t good either or rather poorly executed...
Jan 9, 2020 9:24 PM
Jan 2020
I DIDNT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING. But I guess the little boy at the start of the episode might be the orange haired teen in the second half of the ep. I’ll definitely watch it !!!!!!!!
Jan 9, 2020 9:56 PM

Jun 2015
What even is this discussion thread. How are y'all not getting it, I wanna cry at the dumbness omg.
Jan 9, 2020 11:52 PM
Jan 2019
not so bad for the first episode
damn that yaoi scene never expected that (like it)
Jan 10, 2020 2:59 AM
Mar 2012
Great TK op.
Expected kings game or Dorei-ku, but got weird directing instead, certainly has style, but not sure of the weird time/editing.
Jan 10, 2020 9:56 AM

Aug 2016
Cheryl-chan said:
Oh my! nice BL fanservice sgsgsggsgsgsgss, Im in! ✨

ahahah the licking sounds made me so uncomfortable
Jan 10, 2020 10:44 AM
Jul 2018
Intriguing start. They make people see things. Not so tough to understand. They're clearly gong to explain the whole 'images', 'peaks' and 'valleys' bit.
Jan 10, 2020 5:40 PM
Oct 2013
lol, that lick scene got me..hahaha
Jan 10, 2020 8:13 PM

Jun 2013
Im baffled at the low score, this was a great start!
Jan 10, 2020 10:28 PM
Aug 2011
oooh I kind of liked that a lot more than expected
although it looks cheap... characters are already off-model in some shots
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pet Episode 10 Discussion

Ashhk - Mar 9, 2020

36 by JeanFranciss »»
Feb 18, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 8 Discussion

Ashhk - Feb 24, 2020

37 by JeanFranciss »»
Feb 11, 8:26 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 6 Discussion

uninstallthegame - Jan 18, 2020

43 by JeanFranciss »»
Feb 4, 9:31 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 5 Discussion

45 by Roch2001 »»
Nov 25, 2023 4:03 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

71 by Hooray »»
Aug 31, 2023 6:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.