Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 6, 2020 12:45 PM

Dec 2016
didn't enjoy this as much as i was hoping to. rip all that anticipation from having to wait since september for it.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Jan 6, 2020 1:02 PM

Jul 2015
That incoherent yelling in the OP gave me serious Tokyo Ghoul vibes.

Jan 6, 2020 1:04 PM

Aug 2008
Piromysl said:
That incoherent yelling in the OP gave me serious Tokyo Ghoul vibes.

well is the same singer after all
The spider is watching
Jan 6, 2020 1:35 PM

Aug 2019
Decent.

Didn't really enjoy it, just felt okay from start to end of this episode. I'm quite confused with the plot, I will probably understand it more when more episodes have been released.

Good OP and ED.
Jan 6, 2020 1:41 PM
Jun 2016
This is my best watched episode of this season.Best mind destroyer and I love these stuffs.
Jan 6, 2020 1:47 PM

Sep 2017
Well, unlike many people here (so it seems), I really appreciated that first episode

Thanks to the MAL summary I understood what happened in that first episode

I guess the two guys, the crushers, can erase or rewrite someone's memories
I think the old guy with the glasses has that kind of power too, he almost drove the rasta guy insane

However I still have no clues about what happened at the beginning of the episode
That long-haired guy seems to have an access to others people memories too, by touching them apparently

Well, I guess my questions will be answered later in the show
Jan 6, 2020 1:48 PM

Apr 2014
are people really this confused lol its straight forward by the premise alone
Jan 6, 2020 1:57 PM
Mar 2019
They're literally putting the audience through what the characters are going through, and keeping lines blurred.

I'm fairly certain this entire episode was a demonstration of how memories can be changed. They don't go on describing how awful and confusing it is, but show it through the random changes in mood and seemingly disjointed pace.

I think they changed the murder story at the very end to demonstrate the power of the memory-manipulation act, or at least to prepare for a follow up later on that elaborates on how this seemingly anti-climatic end came to.

With this in mind, I thought it was a very interesting episode! Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the art style looks great. :)
Jan 6, 2020 1:59 PM

Mar 2009
Yay!
My favourite genre: mindfuckery!
Solid to follow what happened even with all of that craziness
This will be a ride I guess!
moodie said:
are people really this confused lol its straight forward by the premise alone

Well you know some people have extremely short attention span and if they need to use at least two brain cells it is too complicated for them...
There are many questions left but still it wasnt really that hard to get what is going on, seems promising so I'm definately going to promote this

Mod Edit: Merged double post
Fleeting_DreamJan 10, 2020 8:59 AM
Jan 6, 2020 2:02 PM

Oct 2017
Has potential to be decent

Jan 6, 2020 2:04 PM

Jul 2019
Liked it a lot though I must say that this could have profitied from more buildup. There also some Bungou Stray Dogs vibes to be had in here - some sort of official agency vs criminals. Next episode will probably deliver tons of exposition.

Jan 6, 2020 2:04 PM

Dec 2016
The OP and ED are amazing. The plot is interesting but also confusing but I guess everything will get clearer in the upcoming episodes.
That one “weird” scene tho XD
Jan 6, 2020 2:21 PM

Aug 2013
I’m so happy it’s airing! Can’t wait for what’s in store :”)
Jan 6, 2020 2:23 PM
Mar 2009
xBlake said:
I don't understand why people are calling it terrible and dropping it after the first episode. This was clearly a set-up episode for the rest of the series.

Also, pretty sure either Hiroki or Tsukasa was the kid in the mental hospital. I also think the guy smoking in the hospital is Katsuragi. Not sure why it's so hard for you all to deduce that.

Yes the guy smoking in the hospital is Katsuragi, however the kid, Satoru, is the blond tracksuit yakuza who accompanies Katsuragi (he gets named in both time periods, and the doctor has a line that the head butting the TV cabinet will leave a scar - which he still has an adult).
Jan 6, 2020 2:25 PM
Dec 2019
The OST is really nice. The visuals are great too. That cigarette has to be an important object about the 'mind controlling' case. Anxious to see where this gets to.

88/100
Jan 6, 2020 2:28 PM

Mar 2017
Well that was definitely interesting! It was a pretty chill episode really but i'm hooked for sure. I like the mind fuck of it all haha I like the art style too which is very similar to Babylon (obviously, being produced by the same company!)

That Op was siiiick too! Give me them Unravel flashbacks (i miss you Tokyo Ghoul!). The Ed was really cool too.
Jan 6, 2020 2:48 PM

Aug 2013
Is this one of these rare Denpa (電波) shows, where nothing is like it seems and they employ an unreliable narrator? I'm in lads.
Jan 6, 2020 3:06 PM
May 2019
I love the animation and artstyle.
OST is fantastic
I'm not sure what is going on but it was entertaining.
It definitely has a potential.
Jan 6, 2020 3:28 PM

Jul 2017
Well...the last of Geno Studio's 3 anime that got prolonged due to delays time and then, and looks like we get to see that quality drop from the get-go.

All this episode was, is lots of mindplay and don't-know-hows, plus the hallucinations, make it one of the weirdest starting shows of the new decade.

Trailing down this rabbit hole won't be easy...
Jan 6, 2020 3:39 PM

Aug 2018
Can someone give me a small-ish summary of the episode? Its a little hard to understand, but I don't want to drop the series.
Jan 6, 2020 4:09 PM
Nov 2019
Absolute mind fuck!
I'll definitely continue.
The animation quality and character detailing is also awesome.
Jan 6, 2020 4:14 PM
Nov 2019
Honner said:
yo where can i watch this? or is this only on amazon prime

I've watched it on gogoanime
Jan 6, 2020 4:25 PM

May 2016
NattyNate said:
Can someone give me a small-ish summary of the episode? Its a little hard to understand, but I don't want to drop the series.

Here's a few key points:

-Katsuragi, leader of a group called the Crushers sends the white haired man, Hayashi, to the hospital in the hopes of finding a new recruit. They find the little kid and Hayashi helps him with his power.

-We have a time skip and are shown Kenji, the owner of a bar, and the two guys who rented the room above it.

-Katsuragi sends Kenji on a mission to retrieve a gun near bodies dumped on the ocean before the police gets to it.

-The little kid from before, Satoru, uses his power to get Yokota, Kenji's best friend who he had thought had gone to a foreign country, to drive off a cliff with the gun and all the diving equipment inside the car. Kenji finds out about this and confronts Katsuragi.

-Kenji goes back to his bar and tells the two guys from before that he was getting out of the country. He then starts hallucinating and tries to explain what happened with Katsuragi and his best friend, but he then realizes that these two guys were sent by Katsuragi.

-Kenji forgets all about this thanks to the mind control and the two guys move out of the room since their job was done.

Hope this helps!
Jan 6, 2020 4:45 PM

Mar 2019
Weird and interesting first ep..

Nice op and ending <3
TK <3
Jan 6, 2020 5:04 PM
May 2015
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
so, what exactly did those 2 crushers did to that Jamaican Guy?

Most likely altered his memories to believe his best friend was a murderer and not the smoking guy. They're the crushers he mentioned earlier in the episode
Jan 6, 2020 5:05 PM

Jun 2014
Geno continues to be shit and produce nothing of value. Garbage.
:3
Jan 6, 2020 5:47 PM

Dec 2014
This was quite intriguing but by far the most likable part of the episode for me was the beginning where the older guy gives the kid advice on how to live with his powers.

The episode makes more sense when you read the synopsis, I don't think you'd be able to make much sense of it without knowing it.

I followed the episode quite well until the very end, were the kids the crushers? What did they do that guy? Alter his memories?
Jan 6, 2020 6:14 PM
Aug 2019
I really enjoyed this first episode can't wait for more!

Jan 6, 2020 7:02 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Intriguing first episode! You could tell the direction would jump from place to place from the very beginning when we saw what Satoru experienced with his mother's internal thoughts and emotions. There are few anime in which the storytelling have given me a headache, but Pet seems much more straightforward so far. Honestly, this isn't Kurozuka where you literally don't know what's going on until the very end, and even then, most people don't get it. What's confusing might just be the psychological factor, experiencing what Kenji experienced. Someone else said it earlier in the thread too, it's meant to be disorienting. That's how it would feel to have Crushers do their work on you. But the story wasn't difficult to follow outside of that.

I really like it so far, the premise, character designs, the overall tone, and the OP! Looking forward to future episodes, I hope it'll be just as good, if not better :)
Jan 6, 2020 7:32 PM

Sep 2018
I liked this episode but I was confused while watching it. I think I may like this anime but it’s honestly a 50/50 chance.

The op and ed are decent, if I keep listening I might love em
Jan 6, 2020 7:34 PM

Jan 2018
Very enjoyable first episode, if you read the synopsis prior watching it, you will get a great sense of what this series is about and it won't be confusing.

The BL scene took me by surprise but DAMN I'm in for it. OP and ED are really great :)
Jan 6, 2020 7:39 PM

Jun 2017
Pretty interesting so far, the art quality is fine, not amazing
Jan 6, 2020 8:07 PM

Sep 2017
Very messy and pretty incoherent. Definitely poor directing. Well I might check out the second episode anyway. Idk I still feel like the premise is pretty interesting.
Jan 6, 2020 8:40 PM
Jul 2018
man the first three minute (until op kicks in) were so boring! rest were just felt sort of interesting mind bending stuff and starting to feel it as I know more of the situation. Def didn't leaved upto any anticipation I had overall seems just very weird show just along like kokkoku but except the color design doesn't seems very fitting to its atmosphere that ultimately will adds quite big problem in the long run imo.
Jan 6, 2020 8:42 PM

Oct 2008
As of now, TK from Ling Tosite Sigure is the only redeeming factor of this show.
but looks like a bit interesting...controlling others like a "pet" huh...
4/5.

Jan 6, 2020 8:59 PM
May 2014
sheesh, challenge viewers to think and your show immediately gets dropped here

lmao

This was a highly interesting first episode.
Jan 6, 2020 9:04 PM
Sep 2019
I can only say WHAT? i don't understand the story
Jan 6, 2020 9:07 PM

Nov 2019
This show has much potential to be amazing. Have to wait a bit to see where its going but thats fine I prefer anime premises not outright served on a platter anyways plus a good mindfuck every once in a while never hurt anybody.
Don't let others ruin things for you. Even if a toxic fan pisses in your cereal, you could just get another bowl of cereal.
My Anime List - My Manga List
Jan 6, 2020 9:16 PM

Aug 2008
TheLimo said:
NattyNate said:

Here's a few key points:

-Katsuragi, leader of a group called the Crushers sends the white haired man, Hayashi, to the hospital in the hopes of finding a new recruit. They find the little kid and Hayashi helps him with his power.

-We have a time skip and are shown Kenji, the owner of a bar, and the two guys who rented the room above it.

-Katsuragi sends Kenji on a mission to retrieve a gun near bodies dumped on the ocean before the police gets to it.

-The little kid from before, Satoru, uses his power to get Yokota, Kenji's best friend who he had thought had gone to a foreign country, to drive off a cliff with the gun and all the diving equipment inside the car. Kenji finds out about this and confronts Katsuragi.

-Kenji goes back to his bar and tells the two guys from before that he was getting out of the country. He then starts hallucinating and tries to explain what happened with Katsuragi and his best friend, but he then realizes that these two guys were sent by Katsuragi.

-Kenji forgets all about this thanks to the mind control and the two guys move out of the room since their job was done.

Hope this helps!

perfect summary and is not hard to follow, the missing info will be explained through the serie etc ... might be a bit episodic at first[i think] but things will link
i admit,my friend was lost too, she asked me some thihngs :))
The spider is watching
Jan 6, 2020 9:22 PM

Jul 2019
Opening was pure FLAMES possibly the best Opening of the Season thus far!

Although the first episode is a bit confusing its to be expected, it'll just take some time to put the pieces together hopefully done right, but overall it was just a great first episode loved the art and the music just top tier and I'm excited for what the rest of the series has in store.

Also that small BL scene took me by surprise..... I loved it. But there is always a part of me that wants more lol ^//^

Jan 6, 2020 9:35 PM

Oct 2012
Ok, maybe I'm going crazy, but did the plot summary of this anime change? Wasn't it about people wearing collars to willingly give up their free will and get ordered around or something?
Jan 6, 2020 9:40 PM

May 2017
Bad rating because the average MAL user is a little dense? Like this is the 1st episode and people want everything spelled out to them. I'm definitely intrigued about this series and where it's going. Bring it on!
Jan 6, 2020 10:16 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Shiauko said:
Ok, maybe I'm going crazy, but did the plot summary of this anime change? Wasn't it about people wearing collars to willingly give up their free will and get ordered around or something?
Pretty sure thats Dorei-ku The Animation
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 6, 2020 10:46 PM

Aug 2008
Shiauko said:

never had that plot this one :O
The spider is watching
Jan 7, 2020 12:04 AM

Mar 2009
I can't find this anywhere on Amazon Prime. Searching doesn't bring it up

...judging by this thread, though, sounds like I'm not missing much.
Jan 7, 2020 12:12 AM

Jun 2013
TK is amazing as always and the ED is cool by itself
Jan 7, 2020 12:55 AM

Oct 2009
Well, this looks like one fine disjointed mess so far. Curious to see how the puzzle pieces will be put together.

That said - as much as I like fanservice and as much as it can help keep me stick to a series sometimes... It's 2020. I do wish that by and large they stopped treating The Gay™ as nothing more than pure bait and/or comic relief. It's really tired at this point.
Jan 7, 2020 2:41 AM

Mar 2009
The directing here leaves a lot to be desired. Makes it far more confusing than it should be. Takahiro directed Baccano. This guy knows how to confidently lead a narrative that's all over the place, so I don't know what the hell happened here. Doesn't help that the characters left no impression on me. I hope this gets better.
MormegilJan 7, 2020 2:56 AM
Jan 7, 2020 2:43 AM
Dec 2019
Disgusted that this has currently the same score as Plunderer (6.69 ^_O). The latter being an absolutely awful show with lowest tiers of rapey fanservice and a world that is pure trash.

I think the show made quite clear what's happening to the guy in the second half, with the first half introducing the basic concepts of the "mind game" and what people need to go through to develop the abilities. Though how all of it fits into a bigger picture is something that needs to be explained. Definately curious how this will go forward.
SylverthasJan 7, 2020 2:46 AM
Jan 7, 2020 2:45 AM

Apr 2018
Woah holy crap, this got really dark lmao. I still don't have the grasp of the story but I'm sure that I'm liking this. Also, just noticed, TK sung the op and Ed for this.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pet Episode 10 Discussion

Ashhk - Mar 9, 2020

36 by JeanFranciss »»
Feb 18, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 8 Discussion

Ashhk - Feb 24, 2020

37 by JeanFranciss »»
Feb 11, 8:26 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 6 Discussion

uninstallthegame - Jan 18, 2020

43 by JeanFranciss »»
Feb 4, 9:31 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 5 Discussion

45 by Roch2001 »»
Nov 25, 2023 4:03 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

71 by Hooray »»
Aug 31, 2023 6:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.