Forum Settings
Forums

MAL Secret Santa 2019: The Great Reveal!

New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 7, 2020 1:20 PM
Apr 2013
Thank you all so much!! The event was fantastic. you guys really made Christmas for me! I'm honoured to be a part of such a caring community of elves and santas :'(

A special thank you to the elves!

@Dancho
@Masuko-Senpai
@pokemonvortex
@rogueandtasty
@xHorrorGirlx

And of course my santa @Nr755
Jan 7, 2020 1:50 PM
Apr 2018
I cannot seem to figure out who was my secret santa. However, to the person who gave Kayode_g a christmas gift, Thank you. Happy 2020.
Jan 7, 2020 1:54 PM

Dec 2013
Meera7337 said:
First of all, I’d like to thank all the elves for making this amazing event happen. And a special thank you to @Elf-hime for connecting me with other users. It was an awesome experience <3

@TheMidnightWolf, I’d like to thank you for giving me this amazing recommendation. I’m familiar with most of the anime titles but princess tutu caught my attention first and I started watching it, it sure gave me Cardcaptor Sakura vibes which is one of my favorite anime. Thank you so much for taking the time and making this amazing recommendation <3

You're welcome! I hope you enjoy that series (which is one of my personal favs) and had a good holiday!

Central Time (US)
Jan 7, 2020 3:11 PM

Jan 2018
SmaugBaggins said:
6HosT said:
Hei,

ANd my appreciation to @SmaugBaggins for amazing gift! Already watched few episodes of Working!! and already like the Takanashi, interesting,what will be bring down later on.. ^_^ We will see!

Have a amazing year all!

Glad you enjoyed it. I had a little trouble making a reccomendation initially but glad I found something you would enjoy!

Well, you know, I've tried my best, to empathize and show the more information in the Secret Santa beginning, so would be much easier. The only problem was, that I've added 145 as completed, but though before I was using different site to track and write each anime, that I've watched. And there the list consists of almost 700 completed, really different anime. :D
But basically, my main thing, If the story and 1st couple episodes will be something interesting and enjoyable, I could watch literally every anime - start from smth romantic, end up with some horro, like Parasyte (btw, my favorite), or Tokyo Ghoul, or FullMetal Alchemist (also my favorite :D).
I did sawn your anime list, and I believe your Secret Santa also was in struggle. :)
Jan 7, 2020 9:13 PM

Feb 2014
Thanks everyone again for the work you've done for the Secret Santa event this year! This is my fourth year doing Secret Santa now, and was probably my most challenging yet for writing recommendations, but it was still a lot of fun as always! I should definitely be back again next year!

Forum Set Created by uwuglo during the MAL Secret Santa 2020 event.
Jan 8, 2020 9:06 AM

May 2013
saberine said:
Thank you all so much!! The event was fantastic. you guys really made Christmas for me! I'm honoured to be a part of such a caring community of elves and santas :'(

A special thank you to the elves!

@Dancho
@Masuko-Senpai
@pokemonvortex
@rogueandtasty
@xHorrorGirlx

And of course my santa @Nr755

Thank you for participating! We couldn't hold this event without everyone who joins in! Thanks!
Jan 8, 2020 5:59 PM
May 2015
@MeisterDM thanks a lot for your recommendations! I get very interested in them and I will definitely watch.
Jan 8, 2020 6:12 PM
錬金術師

Feb 2018
Wow! I usually don't comment on anywhere, but seeing the effort that all the elves put on this, make me feel like i can't leave without saying a big thank you to all of them. This was my first time participating and it was really awesome because i've got such good recomendations.
Thank you to the Elves for all of your hard work! And thank you @Dancho for your recommendation <3 Winter Woods it's very intriguing and also i am loving the world of webtoons. I still gonna read more of Monster, but i already excited just cause its a manga from Naoki Urasawa.
(Sorry if my english was bad, i'm still studying and i don't like to use a translator)
Jan 8, 2020 8:02 PM
Manga Moderator
🖤🖤🖤

Sep 2012
@Rawby I'm so glad you're liking Winter Woods!! It's one of my favorite webtoons. (人 •͈ᴗ•͈) If you want to give me your opinions on either after you've finished please feel free~

@saberine Happy you enjoyed the event, hope to see you next time!

thanks to my lovely Secret Elf Santa
for the forum set~
(*’∀’人)♥
Jan 8, 2020 11:20 PM

Dec 2015
@deathslinky Thank you for your recommendation! This anime was my PTW long ago, so I will watch it sooner or later. :)

@I3adr Your welcome! :) I really glad you liked them, and yeah, I worked hard on the list, but it was worth it. :)
Jan 9, 2020 1:36 AM
Oct 2018
@drunklee, thank you so much for your recs! Eventhough it was a bit difficult for you to make them, I think they look interesting (sorry, I haven't had the time to watch them yet, but I've sure saved them in my Plan to watch and will try to watch them soon!) and I had in fact forgotten a bit about Nodame Cantabile, so I'll make sure to watch it next!
Thanks a lot for your effort!
Jan 9, 2020 5:56 PM
Jul 2018
@Yonae sorry for the late answer. I wanted to have more to say than just "thank you, I like it."

And I'm not that far into Utena even now (episode 7), but I like it overall very much.
I think his symbolism is too much and hope there won't be too much of a black and white between the female and (almost all) male characters, since that would kinda destroy the message for me.

But overall I think it's pretty well-done and I enjoy the upcoming themes and the lesbian hinted couple so far a lot.
It's interesting how Anthy is victimizing herself so much too, imo and I predict that the story might give her more development. I really would love it, if Utena doesn't the whole work for her and she will get her development by herself as well.
Also I like Utena, normally not into tomboys. While Anthy is accepting silently that she is a prize to win, Utena doesn't want to accept these traditions.
But I think the story might tackle her naivety / dream world of being a prince too to grow more.
It reminds me a lot of the manga Shitsurakuen, I guessed it "borrowed" a lot from Utena lol.

The art is very shoujo but I kinda like it how it is? The colors are pretty soft, especially Utena's and Anthy's eyes, beautiful. I like the roses everywhere, that looks so soft.
Tho the guys with the long colorful fabulous hair crack me everytime haha :D
And I like the ending a lot as well.

Thank you for your recs, although I didn't try Zetsuen no Tempest yet and I think it might be a while until I try it, because I rewatched some stuff and want to finished other stuff and Utena first.

@ all elves
Thank you very much for your hard work!
removed-userJan 9, 2020 6:16 PM
Jan 9, 2020 7:28 PM

Jul 2009
@Astraea_ Thanks for the recommendations! I see you are a true man of culture as well, especially with that Astraea profile layout ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@NekoDream Thank you for lovely set! Great to see you managed to include all my favorite stuff in there :D
Jan 9, 2020 9:34 PM

Sep 2015
@Skittles
Yep no problem, hope you enjoy at least one of them
Jan 10, 2020 10:41 AM

Oct 2018
Thank you to all of the elves, especially elf-tan for the manga recommendations. You guys work unbelievably hard in order to make this fun and successful for us. I had so much fun and I'm looking forward to what you guys come up with next year! ^o^
Jan 11, 2020 3:11 AM

Jul 2019
Thanks to my santa whos deleted their account lmao, and elf pyon for coming in clutch
Jan 11, 2020 4:44 PM

Oct 2017
Thank you to all the elves and other helpers on MAL who helped make this wonderful event possible! A special thanks to Elf-chama for being a great elf :)
Jan 11, 2020 5:45 PM
(=^・ェ・^=)

Nov 2013
ToastFish said:
Thanks to my santa whos deleted their account lmao, and elf pyon for coming in clutch

Your santa actually just renamed themselves to CrazyC316 xD

Jan 12, 2020 1:21 AM

Jul 2019
firefractal said:
ToastFish said:

Your santa actually just renamed themselves to CrazyC316 xD

oh, thanks!
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Best Profile Design (January 2024) WINNER

KarenShirotori - Feb 4

7 by batslimeman »»
Apr 17, 8:23 PM

» Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Nominations

Nate - Apr 1

7 by Nate »»
Apr 15, 11:52 AM

» | OPEN | Best Profile Design (April 2024) NOMINATIONS

KarenShirotori - Apr 1

7 by _Ayase »»
Apr 15, 10:49 AM

» Best Profile Design (March 2024) WINNER

KarenShirotori - Apr 1

8 by Dyianaros »»
Apr 4, 4:58 PM

» FAL ace rule clarification

okthxbb - Apr 1

0 by okthxbb »»
Apr 1, 5:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.