Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 4, 2020 12:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Deku and Eraser Head on the move~

This episode had a load of action especially with Overhaul. Deku tried his best although he got struggled a bit in his fight. I have to say though, Overhaul's VA played his role pretty well to bring out the most of his personality. Midnight was dope though. I always knew that guy had the attitude on missions like this. Same with Deku this episode.
Jan 4, 2020 1:02 AM

Mar 2014
無限100%
this Episode is full of action, and Finally the fight between Deku and Overhaul has Started!
not only physically, but also the Mind Battle with Eri's Decision to go back to Overhaul, and also... THE FUSION!!!
FUCK HE LOOKS AMAZING! a bit terrifying...

looking forward to the next Episode!!!
Jan 4, 2020 1:40 AM
Nov 2019
Anime of the decade?
Buy Bitcoins and others cryptos(like Monero), the great crisis is coming!
Also don't forget, taxation is theft!
Jan 4, 2020 1:48 AM

Feb 2019
VitorLeiteAncap said:
Anime of the decade?
Not even AOTS tbh.
Jan 4, 2020 1:51 AM
Nov 2019
cythraul said:
VitorLeiteAncap said:
Anime of the decade?
Not even AOTS tbh.

Anime of the decade is all the seasons of the anime in that decade, BNHA as a whole is a top tier contender for that title!

Also don't forget the movies!
Buy Bitcoins and others cryptos(like Monero), the great crisis is coming!
Also don't forget, taxation is theft!
Jan 4, 2020 1:56 AM

Feb 2019
VitorLeiteAncap said:
cythraul said:
Not even AOTS tbh.

Anime of the decade is all the seasons of the anime in that decade, BNHA as a whole is a top tier contender for that title!

Also don't forget the movies!
Nah, it might be the most mainstream title of the decade but definitely not the best one.
cythraulJan 4, 2020 2:11 AM
Jan 4, 2020 2:01 AM
Jan 2019
how is the animation?
Jan 4, 2020 2:07 AM
Aug 2019
oh is Sir night eye dead?
Oh my god that transformation looks sick

Jan 4, 2020 2:09 AM
Jul 2018
HarshSingh said:
how is the animation?

It was pretty amazing honestly, at the standard of previous seasons.

Just think of the last episode as an outlier to the normal MHA animation, it was the director's decision, and not due to a lack of quality animators. However, the animation in episode 13 looks godly from what I saw in the preview.

Definitely my favourite episode of the season so far.
removed-userJan 4, 2020 2:18 AM
Jan 4, 2020 2:15 AM
Jan 2014
Holy crap. that episode was amazing. overall is crazy.
Jan 4, 2020 2:18 AM

Feb 2019
Kami_sama_ said:
cythraul said:
Nah, it might be the most mainstream title of the decade but definitely the best one.

For long running mainstream anime within the last decade, the battle really is against My Hero Academia and Attack on Titan.
I would say Attack on Titan personally, just because of the quality of its overall narrative.
Well I forgot to add not which I just did. I agree with you on AoT.
Jan 4, 2020 2:29 AM

Aug 2013
cythraul said:
Kami_sama_ said:

For long running mainstream anime within the last decade, the battle really is against My Hero Academia and Attack on Titan.
I would say Attack on Titan personally, just because of the quality of its overall narrative.

AoT has way too many flaws to be considered in close to anime of the decade. Don't get me wrong I liked it but it is not that good.

HxH is by far anime of the decade at least in terms of shounen.

On Topic the episode was ok just setting up for the next one. Going against the last episode it was always going to be less exciting.
WimJan 4, 2020 2:32 AM
Jan 4, 2020 2:31 AM
Jan 2019
Kami_sama_ said:
HarshSingh said:
how is the animation?

It was pretty amazing honestly, at the standard of previous seasons.

Just think of the last episode as an outlier to the normal MHA animation, it was the director's decision, and not due to a lack of quality animators. However, the animation in episode 13 looks godly from what I saw in the preview.

Definitely my favourite episode of the season so far.

means this episode has really great animation
Jan 4, 2020 2:38 AM

Oct 2009
So how many more deaths/losses until someone totally unexpected actually saves the day? Just.... I don't mind a slow pace in general, but this being jerked back and forth, watching everyone getting offed after false buildups time and time again - not doing much good to my sanity, tyvm.

And wtf is Chisaki, anyway? Barely in the picture at all, and he's just eliminating heroes at a faster pace than the others did in the previous 3 seasons? Who are, btw, totally benched now, apparently. Granted, there's some genuine creepy madness to him (not the first time I wonder about Horikoshi's own sanity tbh), but at this point he's simply OP.
Jan 4, 2020 2:39 AM
Nov 2016
I haven't watched the episode yet, I'll watch it later but from looking at the comments this episode supposedly had good animation, I really hope that's the case.

I dropped the rating on this season because of the lack of quality in the animation, 1 good episode (supposedly like this one) isn't enough to justify the mediocre episodes this season had so my rating will stay the same for now.

I bet a lot of kiddies will start rating this season 10/10 just because of this episode, now that would be retarded.
Jan 4, 2020 2:46 AM

Aug 2013
Deku been watchin' Symphogear because he's all about that DATOSHITEMO life.
Don't believe the hype.
Jan 4, 2020 2:50 AM

Jan 2009
weak in sakuga again

but the battle is trilling since damn Overhaul is fucking overpowered with his quirk lol

and next episode is hopefully more hype since its infinite 100% One For All it seems
Jan 4, 2020 2:54 AM

Feb 2018

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
MonkeyDHunterJan 6, 2020 7:15 AM
Jan 4, 2020 3:00 AM

Oct 2017
This episode had quite the great feels. Even thou Chisaki was in his last legs he quickly recovered and beat down Nighteye. But Deku's gonna change the future Nighteye saw, damn hyped for next episode Infinite 100%.
Jan 4, 2020 3:07 AM
Nov 2017
Wim said:
cythraul said:

AoT has way too many flaws to be considered in close to anime of the decade. Don't get me wrong I liked it but it is not that good.

On Topic the episode was ok just setting up for the next one. Going against the last episode it was always going to be less exciting.
AoT too many flaws ? Lol
Jan 4, 2020 3:11 AM
Oct 2018
Wim said:
cythraul said:

AoT after season 3 is easily anime of the decade with hxh being a close second. When it comes to story and narrative, it is flawless. HxH on the other hand was boring for first 30 episodes or so. It is still an incredible anime, one of my fav but just not as good as aot where entire plot is so cleverly written. Maybe I'm biased because I have also read the manga and aot only keeps getting better and better.
Nik03178Jan 4, 2020 3:16 AM
Jan 4, 2020 3:12 AM

Oct 2018
Honestly, if the next episode doesn't end up being the best f*cking episode in MHA I'll be disappointed...

I liked this episode, it was really good, 5/5 easily. But after all the build up to these 3 episodes, all the trailers(they have even made a separate PV for this battle), we haven't got anything special yet.

Mirio VS Overhaul was great, really. But nothing really outstanding.

This episode was great too, but also nothing outstanding.

Next episode needs to be f*cking epic!
Jan 4, 2020 3:13 AM

Jun 2014
I skimmed through the episode for now to see if there was a particular moment I expected to occur in this episode, which, indeed, occurred.........RIP Sir T_T
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 4, 2020 3:26 AM

Sep 2014
This and deadly sins must be the most disrespectful adaptations of the last decade lol
Jan 4, 2020 3:42 AM

Mar 2018
While the animation improved quite a bit, the direction is still awful, it's like they complety forgot how to properly use OSTs since last season.

That said, OH's transformation was great.

Idk if I'm being harsher than usual because I'm still mad over last episode's shitshow, but I'm just not feeling anything anymore.

It looks like next ep will be the best of the season animation wise, and while I'm hyped for that, it pains me to see they gave everything into only one fight where the arc in the manga gave us some insane art for every single moment.
Florent3571Jan 4, 2020 3:48 AM
Jan 4, 2020 3:43 AM

Aug 2017
dicecop said:
This and deadly sins must be the most disrespectful adaptations of the last decade lol

I've seen worse.

Well the latter's pretty bad, but for the former overall there is far worse. Honestly calling this particularly disrespectful is laughable. XD
I used to be a watchmaker.
Jan 4, 2020 3:45 AM
Mar 2018
People saying animation was godly when it was not. Literally the only thing worth mentioning about the animation is the Overhaul transformation and then only the impact of Deku's kick when the ground shaters (Yutaka Nakamura cut) so like 1/2 sec cause the kick itself before hitting was just a still with some smears here and there.
Next epsisode is probably where it's going to shine though, it will still not be anything to write home about from what I saw in the PV.
It's easy to tell when a show doesn't really shine in the animation department when sakugablog doesn't even have at least 1 article written on it especially for a popular show like this. FGO for example already had like 3 or 4 written, same with Mob Psycho when it was airing multiple articles, not sure why Bones can't have the same quality as Mob for this but oh well.
Jan 4, 2020 3:49 AM
Nov 2018
It was awful.. almost no animation, mostly just stills and in classic fashion mido has to hype himself up every time he moves an inch. (when he could be fighting) I don't know wtf you guys are talking about, "lots of action" my ass.
Jan 4, 2020 3:50 AM
Feb 2019
Wim said:
cythraul said:

What flaws? Pacing of the 1st season and filler? Cut out content from season 3?
Jan 4, 2020 3:53 AM

Apr 2014
this ep was amazing and was very nice to see animated but come next ep is the part i been looking forward to

i really cant wait to see it in anime form!
"one step at a time"
Jan 4, 2020 3:57 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I still feel bad for Eri, poor girl :( maybe Overhaul will be defeated next ep ? I hope, and more Tsuyu is always great
Jan 4, 2020 3:58 AM

Jan 2017
I absolutely loved previous seasons for both story and the characters, but for some reason I just don't care about current season, almost at all. Only highlights for me were Kirishima finally getting a spotlight, and the Tamaki episode.

I guess we are already in the big finale for this arc and the episode still felt very slow to me. This conflict just seems, Idk, not important in the whole story, feels like more of a side quest, plus I don't care about these new villains, or Eri at all. I don't read the manga, but it feels like after this arc none of these villains will stick around, or make an impact like Stain did. Also, the fact that the animation isn't on par with the previous seasons isn't helping either.

Hopefully we will be starting a new storyline soon, and it will be better than this one. I'd love to go back to school, see the rest of the class finally. I know the main character is Deku, but the strength of this anime to me were always the relationships in the UA.
Jan 4, 2020 4:04 AM
Sep 2017
You guys really deserve an animation like the current season of nanatsu no taizai in this anime, seriously
Jan 4, 2020 4:06 AM

Nov 2016
Pretty much build up for the juicy part of the fight, but had some awesome moments nonetheless and was almost as emotional as last episode overall.

Really hyped for

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 4, 2020 4:07 AM

Oct 2015
Animation was noticibly better than the terrible animation we've had so far this season but still nothing to write home about. The 20% stomp and Overhaul fusion were great Sakuga moments among an otherwise still-filled episode. I think we had one new OST but everything else was just reused from the last few seasons. Still, I think in terms of content and action this was the best episode of the season but that's not saying much.

FMmatron said:
Really hyped for

Judging by how things have gone this season so far its going to be a 1:1 adaptation with no flare. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing lasted less than 2 minutes.

holiday498 said:
I absolutely loved previous seasons for both story and the characters, but for some reason I just don't care about current season, almost at all. Only highlights for me were Kirishima finally getting a spotlight, and the Tamaki episode.

I guess we are already in the big finale for this arc and the episode still felt very slow to me. This conflict just seems, Idk, not important in the whole story, feels like more of a side quest, plus I don't care about these new villains, or Eri at all. I don't read the manga, but it feels like after this arc none of these villains will stick around, or make an impact like Stain did. Also, the fact that the animation isn't on par with the previous seasons isn't helping either.

Hopefully we will be starting a new storyline soon, and it will be better than this one. I'd love to go back to school, see the rest of the class finally. I know the main character is Deku, but the strength of this anime to me were always the relationships in the UA.

I'm a manga reader and I knew this arc would disappoint people because it disappointed a massive amount of manga readers too. I let people convince me the anime would "fix a lot of a the problems" because staunch defenders usually rally between the anime fixing the issues or the content being better when binged as excuses for a shitty arc. A long build up for boring arc and a resolution that doesn't even feel earned. I didn't like this arc in the manga but I flat out hate it in the anime.
MoonStar9Jan 4, 2020 4:15 AM
Jan 4, 2020 4:36 AM
Oct 2018
Deku's still the legit mc!!! His speeches will always be impactful, the feels.
Jan 4, 2020 4:39 AM

Nov 2016
MoonStar9 said:
Animation was noticibly better than the terrible animation we've had so far this season but still nothing to write home about. The 20% stomp and Overhaul fusion were great Sakuga moments among an otherwise still-filled episode. I think we had one new OST but everything else was just reused from the last few seasons. Still, I think in terms of content and action this was the best episode of the season but that's not saying much.

FMmatron said:
Really hyped for

Judging by how things have gone this season so far its going to be a 1:1 adaptation with no flare. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing lasted less than 2 minutes.

holiday498 said:

I'm a manga reader and I knew this arc would disappoint people because it disappointed a massive amount of manga readers too. I let people convince me the anime would "fix a lot of a the problems" because staunch defenders usually rally between the anime fixing the issues or the content being better when binged as excuses for a shitty arc. A long build up for boring arc and a resolution that doesn't even feel earned. I didn't like this arc in the manga but I flat out hate it in the anime.

It would be worth it if a great amount of effort was poured into those "2min".

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 4, 2020 4:42 AM

Apr 2018
Florent3571 said:
While the animation improved quite a bit, the direction is still awful, it's like they complety forgot how to properly use OSTs since last season.

Idk if I'm being harsher than usual because I'm still mad over last episode's shitshow, but I'm just not feeling anything anymore.

It looks like next ep will be the best of the season animation wise, and while I'm hyped for that, it pains me to see they gave everything into only one fight where the arc in the manga gave us some insane art for every single moment.
ElGoblino said:
People saying animation was godly when it was not. Literally the only thing worth mentioning about the animation is the Overhaul transformation and then only the impact of Deku's kick when the ground shaters (Yutaka Nakamura cut) so like 1/2 sec cause the kick itself before hitting was just a still with some smears here and there.
Next epsisode is probably where it's going to shine though, it will still not be anything to write home about from what I saw in the PV.
It's easy to tell when a show doesn't really shine in the animation department when sakugablog doesn't even have at least 1 article written on it especially for a popular show like this. FGO for example already had like 3 or 4 written, same with Mob Psycho when it was airing multiple articles, not sure why Bones can't have the same quality as Mob for this but oh well.

Y'all have some really high standards for My Hero Academia. Honestly, I thought the animation looks fine. This anime is easily a 10/10 overall. I think everyone just has their expectations set way too high. I really don't know what other animes y'all are comparing this to because I don't see many that can compete with a show like this one.
Jan 4, 2020 4:46 AM

Dec 2013
Chisaki fully recovered and has powered up!

Nighteye got destroyed and I can't see how he can survive those injuries unless Chisaki decides to heal him.

Some of the directing in this episode was weak. It really bothered me how Midoriya glove suddenly got destroyed randomly...

It was heartbreaking seeing Mirio struggling to take Eri down the hallway.

Next episode should be really hype and hopefully have some much stronger animation.
Jan 4, 2020 4:50 AM
Jun 2017
Midoriya vs Overhaul...

Love this battle.. and overhaul just proved to us how hard he is to be beaten. Many are sacrificing their lives just to save eri. Well lets see what will happen in next episode
Jan 4, 2020 4:58 AM

Jul 2019
Deku 1 million incoming
DaBoi
Jan 4, 2020 5:07 AM

Jan 2009
Wim said:
ToxWox said:

But it was in the preview

No, it wasn't. It says about Infinite 100% but nothing about Eri. But whatever.

well they are even promoting it though lol https://twitter.com/heroaca_anime/status/1213384992438407169

Jan 4, 2020 5:11 AM

May 2014
I'M CRYING FOR MIRIO GOD I LOVE HIM SO MUCH T~T

Please be okay please.... good god..

Jan 4, 2020 5:19 AM

Mar 2018
ThatsNotGaming said:
Florent3571 said:

ElGoblino said:

Y'all have some really high standards for My Hero Academia. Honestly, I thought the animation looks fine. This anime is easily a 10/10 overall. I think everyone just has their expectations set way too high. I really don't know what other animes y'all are comparing this to because I don't see many that can compete with a show like this one.

The thing is, MHA set a standard for itself with previous seasons, just looks at how past action scenes were done, and you'll see it's like night and day.

Many people think that MHA built its reputation on nothing, that it's overrated, but what set it apart from the rest was how it delivered the most impactful moments, even with a simple story it was able to convey some insanely strong emotions, and that's because it knew when to take some distance with the manga, and even when it didn't, it had some really strong animation (Deku vs Muscular is the best example of that).

All of the action this season was 1:1 with the manga, not any kind of innovation, its like the serie's being held captive by its source material.

Now just add that it was one of the most hype arc in the whole series, that for months we were told it would be great because of the schedule, that the first few eps showed an actual improvement of the direction for non action scenes, and there you got a bunch of dissapointed people.

Jan 4, 2020 5:21 AM

May 2017
good episode.. Mirio's struggle was what got me in this episode.
Jan 4, 2020 5:23 AM

Sep 2017
Some scenes were good, but the whole episode had a bad pace, between all the flashbacks, the inner monologues and the static plans

The fight had some great moments (like Overhaul's transformation) but definitively could have been better
There were some pretty good OSTs in this episode but they were poorly introduced in the episode
Too bad this season has some directing issues, because the story is interesting. But so far it's the weakest season of BNHA for me
Jan 4, 2020 5:25 AM
Oct 2019
MegamiRem said:
This episode had quite the great feels. Even thou Chisaki was in his last legs he quickly recovered and beat down Nighteye. But Deku's gonna change the future Nighteye saw, damn hyped for next episode Infinite 100%.
I think what Nighteye saw was some seconds of the future and he predicted that Deku is gonna die (but the things just pierced his leg and arm). What's going to get wrong is his prediction cause he thought he saw Deku dead but thats not the case.
Jan 4, 2020 5:27 AM

Jul 2017
Deku, Eraser Head and Sir Nighteye are the only capable ones left to counter the remaining alliance of Hassaikai, and even Toga and Twice are not left to their own devices.

But regardless, Chisaki's plan to use nothing BUT EVERYTHING, including his band of villains for anything, is a fearsome and troubled one, even for the toughest hero (Sir Nighteye) to take down with sacrifice.

Midoriya vs. Overhaul, even that almost drove him into overdrive with Eri being forced back into Chisaki's side. Even with Sir Nighteye's foresight, Izuku isn't the type to leave to fate.

The feels just keep coming, and the outside force is here to aid Izuku in getting Overhaul out and Eri into their custody! Still a good episode.
Jan 4, 2020 5:30 AM
Aug 2017
I really hate to say it but my god this sucks. Sure this episode was better but in no way was this up to par with anything from before. I feel as though the arc is peaking and we still have not any actual fight scene last more than 15 seconds that aren’t just blurred punches and kicks. Deku’s high kick from the ceiling and Overhaul’s initial transformation were the only moments worth noting in terms of impactful animation.
We have waited longer for this season to come out than past seasons. Episode 1 was a recap and they took a week off week 4. For a big budget show, under studio Bones who is obviously capable of wayyy more I don’t understand why more people aren’t upset. This show has just become a money grab, they’re spreading themselves thin working on a movie simultaneously and it shows. But they know fans will eat it up anyways, and defend shitty animation no matter what. This sucks man
IsaiahNVJan 4, 2020 5:34 AM
Jan 4, 2020 5:33 AM

Dec 2015
Good episode, but still mainly because of the amazing soundtrack. This new director is clearly inferior to the last one.
Master3530 said:
Wim said:

What flaws? Pacing of the 1st season and filler? Cut out content from season 3?
I'd argue Season 2 was the one with pacing issues, specially on Utgard castle and between the episodes between the titan reveals and rescuing Eren. Season 1 actually had a pretty amazing pacing
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

464 by bubba460z »»
Apr 11, 4:28 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

158 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

233 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 8:50 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

225 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2020

128 by WolfWood37 »»
Mar 31, 9:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.