Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 5, 2020 7:55 AM

Oct 2008
i smell cutesy yuri here...and a chill no stress show!
4/5.

Jan 5, 2020 8:38 AM
Apr 2019
The Glorious yuri beginnings!

@RobertBobert I think that both the purpose of the anime and club is squish two unrelated subjects together, but trying to make it works. Like CGDCT/yuri-ing and astronomy/geology!

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Jan 5, 2020 1:18 PM
Mar 2019
Was bored out of my mind. It's not bad, it's just so bland
Jan 5, 2020 2:44 PM

Mar 2016
A full girls introducing is always nice on CGDCT. And we're expect more depth on each characters personality in next episodes

Jan 5, 2020 4:08 PM

Dec 2015
Yuri-Crusader said:
RobertBobert said:

All original Doga Kobo shows are pretty typical heterosexual romance Plastic Memories or Tada-kun. Doubtful argument. Consider girls lesbians, because they hold hands against the backdrop of Venus? Lol, no comment.

However, what's the difference? You will still consider any all-female show to be Yuri, unless them will have romantic subplot with guys.

There is no loli.

Maybe you didn't know that Venus stand for the female sex, and the symbol for the female sex interlocking are a symbol they use in the lesbian community

Several time in this episode Mira and Ao was interlocking under Venus's eye! That is symbolism that point at that direction. And it was way more! Ao acutely stated she have feelings for Mira before she called her .In a previous conversation Mira said "You're really different from when you were younger" Ao reflected over that while she was calling Mira,, By those words "My hair and body may have changed!! So I imagine I do seem different now!! But my feelings,,,,," So she is clearly still in love with Mira. Maybe you wasn't paying any attention and was busy correcting everyone in the forum, rather then watching the anime?

In the end they are fictional characters and cant neither be straight gay or anything else! Because they miss a body soul and a mind. We can therefor bend them to our will and pretend they are whatever we want them to be.Its just some innocent fun and something cute to fantasise over. Don't understand why you are so serious and getting so angry about it, and need to police everyone else!! I just dont understand why you need to impose your opinion on everyone!! There are some people in this thread that dont think this is going to be a Yuri. And thats ok its their opinion and they have the right to have them!!! But for some odd reason you are the only one, who have some need to force yours on EVERYONE!! Let people have their own opinions!!!

But you don't need to answer, you are going to be the first one on MAL I put on my ignore list in the forum! I read peoples opinions and take them to me even if they different from mine! And even If i think you sometime have great opinions and good knowledge, You sadly chose to spend the bigger part of your time on fighting and correcting everyone else!! Im sick off it!! And refuse to take part of if anymore! But gl and have fun with it!

Lol the only one who seems to be getting angry is you. I see you everywhere and you think EVERYTHING is yuri even when it's clearly not. Just because someone doesn't agree with your habit of reading too deep into everything and hoping for lesbian orgies everywhere doesn't mean they are trying to "police" and "impose" their opinion on everyone. Maybe you're right, and there is yuri subtext that will lead to interactions that show their feelings are clearly more than friends (in which case I thank you and I'll be ready to drop it any time that happens); but your responses here seem hypocritical, and frankly rather unhinged.
Jan 5, 2020 10:15 PM
Mar 2015
Those 2 are 2 cute for words
Jan 5, 2020 11:56 PM

Dec 2018
Hylianticipated said:
Yuri-Crusader said:

Maybe you didn't know that Venus stand for the female sex, and the symbol for the female sex interlocking are a symbol they use in the lesbian community

Several time in this episode Mira and Ao was interlocking under Venus's eye! That is symbolism that point at that direction. And it was way more! Ao acutely stated she have feelings for Mira before she called her .In a previous conversation Mira said "You're really different from when you were younger" Ao reflected over that while she was calling Mira,, By those words "My hair and body may have changed!! So I imagine I do seem different now!! But my feelings,,,,," So she is clearly still in love with Mira. Maybe you wasn't paying any attention and was busy correcting everyone in the forum, rather then watching the anime?

In the end they are fictional characters and cant neither be straight gay or anything else! Because they miss a body soul and a mind. We can therefor bend them to our will and pretend they are whatever we want them to be.Its just some innocent fun and something cute to fantasise over. Don't understand why you are so serious and getting so angry about it, and need to police everyone else!! I just dont understand why you need to impose your opinion on everyone!! There are some people in this thread that dont think this is going to be a Yuri. And thats ok its their opinion and they have the right to have them!!! But for some odd reason you are the only one, who have some need to force yours on EVERYONE!! Let people have their own opinions!!!

But you don't need to answer, you are going to be the first one on MAL I put on my ignore list in the forum! I read peoples opinions and take them to me even if they different from mine! And even If i think you sometime have great opinions and good knowledge, You sadly chose to spend the bigger part of your time on fighting and correcting everyone else!! Im sick off it!! And refuse to take part of if anymore! But gl and have fun with it!

Lol the only one who seems to be getting angry is you. I see you everywhere and you think EVERYTHING is yuri even when it's clearly not. Just because someone doesn't agree with your habit of reading too deep into everything and hoping for lesbian orgies everywhere doesn't mean they are trying to "police" and "impose" their opinion on everyone. Maybe you're right, and there is yuri subtext that will lead to interactions that show their feelings are clearly more than friends (in which case I thank you and I'll be ready to drop it any time that happens); but your responses here seem hypocritical, and frankly rather unhinged.

Lol Maybe you should read the comments. One person in this thread have made around 16 comments all of them are telling me and other users they are wrong.That is defiantly something as I see as imposing hes opinions. And im not the only who have reacted against this behaviour!

Everywhere? That is a lie!! I dont even watch every anime neither comment on them! I almost exclusively watch female only anime!! And are a extremely picky eater. The rest I have no interest in

This is Doga Kobo who are known for their big Yuri's. And after the first episode it sure looks like a Yuri!! I dont know if you go around and holding your friends hands and telling you have feelings for them.I dont do that with mine!! And its more then that. Ao and Mira behaving like they are in love.They are both literately glowing in school after they rekindle their relationship .But its also the strong symbolism.And symbolism are something they often use in Yuri!! So based on that and the dialogue!! I believe this is a Yuri just look at that picture below and tell me that is not a female in love =P

But that is my interpretation!! And I may be wrong .Not being hypocritical at all! Never said my reflection are more corrected then yours or anyone else!! I have no problem if people dont think this is going to be a Yuri.That is your and others opinion and I respect it!! BUT if you start to address me, I going to speak back! And If you dont like my opinions or that I enjoy lesbians I suggest you use the ignore function!!

Yuri-CrusaderJan 6, 2020 4:19 AM
Jan 6, 2020 10:03 AM

Aug 2013
"If it's a girl, then I'm totally okay with it.", man I love Suzu.

Really cute episode. I loved the scenes where Ao and Mira are talking on the phone. And Ao smiling in the classroom was super cute.

Jan 6, 2020 12:50 PM

May 2009
Another boring yuribait from Kirara.
Jan 6, 2020 4:34 PM

Jun 2014
Very, very boring. Another Dogakobo adaptation where the source material is awful. Dropped.
:3
Jan 6, 2020 6:57 PM
Dec 2019
Really cute and wholesome so far. I really like the relationship between Ao and Mira, but i'm wondering if thats going to be the main thing letting me enjoy the anime, or if it can also win over me with the astronomy/geology aspect (if it even talks a lot about these).
Anyway, i think i'll enjoy this anime. :3
Jan 6, 2020 10:54 PM

Aug 2018
This was a super cute episode
A very good start
Jan 7, 2020 7:26 AM

Oct 2018
Thread Cleaned

May be a few posts I missed, but please refrain from baiting or insulting other users.

---
With the mod stuff done, I do feel like this show has quite a few shoujo-ai undertones, as to whether or not it'll turn into full-blown girls love or not, I do not know, but this is probably one of the better moe shows I've seen in a while. Looking forward to the next episode.
Fleeting_DreamJan 7, 2020 7:35 AM
Summertime days, passing gently
Sunlight, leading to an encounter;
Dreams that don't want to end
Continue onwards toward the next day
While she waits in the air.
Jan 7, 2020 11:53 PM

Sep 2016
That nice Wataten vibe from the same production team.
Jan 8, 2020 7:41 PM
May 2016
Kirara property - check
Cute girls doing cute things - check
Animated by Doga Kobo - check
Art style very similar to a certain manga/anime I admire - check
Main character with social anxiety, voiced by Megumi Yamaguchi - check
Yuri undertones - check

Yeah... something tells me I'm going to like this show
Jan 8, 2020 9:19 PM
Nov 2017
super cute! i loveddd mira and ao, and how they clicked even after years of not meeting.
that sensei is such a mood and sakurai is adorable.
honestly this is a super slow anime and i dont expect much of a heavy plot but its really nice to have to unwind.
it would be nice to see a romantic relationship bloom but tbh even if it doesnt itd be adorable to see how these kids make their new club alliance work.

bunny girl sempai ftw
Jan 9, 2020 1:58 PM

Nov 2015
some parts felt wholesome and some felt boring. but i enjoyed some jokes and mc's best friend is funny lol

3/5
Jan 10, 2020 9:28 AM

Feb 2008
This series will quell my thirst for cuteness for the season. It looks promising, especially if they do not take the yuri friend's act too far. All the delicious archetypes are present.
Jan 10, 2020 9:02 PM
Nov 2010
[quote=Yuri-Crusader message=58919210][quote=Hylianticipated message=58917919][quote=Yuri-Crusader message=58914437][quote=RobertBobert message=58905568][quote=Yuri-Crusader message=58905535]
NanaPirro said:
Yuri-Crusader said:

Lesbian sweetness cant get a better start of the year 2020!! Fucking love it!!!

My favorite moment in the episode ...
^^
Jan 10, 2020 10:11 PM
Mar 2019
lol quite disappointed that Ao isn't a boy, that could lead the story of them reaching their dream and fell in love with each other. But it turns out that it'll be a friendly bond that will reach their dreams. still, it's enjoyable, the characters are cute and i hope that they will leave great memories for us in the ending.
I love K-On, and so should you.

Jan 10, 2020 10:12 PM
Mar 2019
Marinate1016 said:
This is already my favourite anime of the year as an amateur astronomer myself and former physics major. This is basically this season's Houkago Saikoro Dice Club which was the underrated gem of Fall. Absolutely adorable and wholesome. Can't wait for more.

oh yes yes, I really love astronomy and thats why im also loving this show so much
I love K-On, and so should you.

Jan 11, 2020 12:33 PM

Feb 2019
This anime is absolutely adorable! I'm definitely going to keep watching!
Jan 13, 2020 2:30 AM

Oct 2012
As a geologist I felt offended by Sakurai offering "lucky stones". Basically whole geoloegy stuff is handled pretty badly.
Jan 14, 2020 1:53 AM

Oct 2010
Love the graphics and how they portrayed astronomical backgrounds <3 Theres also not a single character that I hate from the club. I have a good feeling about this
Jan 14, 2020 6:13 PM
Dec 2014
After 2 episode i really like it. Kinda reminds me of the Kyoani style of slice of lifes.
Its just having a really calm, smoothing atmosphere, the interactions are well done and there's a lots of adorable character. Ah, i need ep 3 right now. :D
AssynJan 14, 2020 6:19 PM
Jan 21, 2020 2:36 PM
Jan 2018
I don't get why people are complaining that it's boring even though they know what the genre is.

Also do people just watch this knowing what it is and who made it just to shit on it

Also so what if it's generic , generic doesn't make it bad and every anime today can be labeled under generic does that stop people from watching anime ... Nope
Mattinator95Jan 23, 2020 3:38 AM
Feb 23, 2020 11:55 AM

Mar 2017
Kinda wish we got old Ao. Cool tomboy is more fun than a shrinking violet especially with how girly everyone else is already.

Instead she is now an astronomy AYAYA. Which I guess is fine but baiting us with a tomboy seems mean.

Oh yeah. And the blonde had Mugi eyebrows.

On the yuri/not yuri debate thing. I mean I get it. Some have high standards. I know for me Sakura Trick kinda ruined yuri for me due to wanting more kissu from other shows but I still enjoy these. Fluffy and cute shows that is just CGDCT and not fake ones like Love Lab are good for me. I do wish I could find a yuri as good as Sakura Trick though. Even in anime hentai yuri is rare.
Mar 20, 2020 1:01 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Ya know, I don't mind slice of life cute girls doing cute things, but the characters aren't all that great, and for this genre and type, your characters are darn near everything. I can't see myself following these characters for eleven more episodes. I'm late on picking this up and can just see how it goes from here, but if the rest of the series is anything like episode one then nah.;; I also really do love astronomy, but this just ain't it.;; Cute though.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Apr 29, 2020 2:37 PM

Jul 2015
Pretty sweet reunion scene, this series so far gives me sort of k-on vibes and reminds me of yuru camp

Some funny characters we got there, moe-show of the season? here i go

Jun 16, 2020 3:03 AM

Oct 2019
This is looking very cute and I love the space theme.

It also looks like it'll have sweet yuri themes much like Ms. Vampire who lives in my neighborhood, which is promising.
Aug 19, 2020 5:23 PM

Feb 2012
Aight it's cute.
Let's hope it's not only gonna be that.

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Mar 8, 2021 12:41 PM

Feb 2020
That was absolutely adorable. Another cute and fluffy CGDCT by Doga Kobo. This anime studio is my heaven. <3

Mira and Ao were so cute together. :) Their reunion was so funny and touching.

I love this show already.
Nov 17, 2021 2:59 AM

Nov 2013
I thought it's gonna be some boring trivia about the stars or whatever. But it's totally shoujo-ai!
I don't understand what are they doing most of the time but who cares, they are cute!
Mar 22, 2022 6:00 AM

Aug 2018
Well, reunion is sweet.. ;P They remembered each other, and their dream.. Even had whale for remembering too.. Pretty sweet.. ;P
Their relationship is sweet in many things.. ;P How Ao is unsure about lots of stuff, how gets embarrassed.. ;P And evening talk watching stars together..
Their silhouettes out of stars.. Again, mega sweet.. This anime is sweet.. ;P
lol that Mai's dance at around 16:05.. ;P
Who wants borgars?.. lol.. ;P Nice attention attraction.. ;P
First episode was both fun and sweet.. Enjoyed it a lot.. ;P
Jul 16, 2022 12:03 AM

Feb 2020
Re-watching this show.

I love this beautiful ED. It's one of my favorite EDs of all time. The OP is also nice.

This was an excellent first episode. I have always been interested in astrology and geology.

Mira and Ao's reunion was really funny.

"If it's a girl, then I'm totally okay with it." That's perfect. CGDCT + yuri is one of the best things I know. :3

Aww, Ao looked so happy after chatting with Mira. ^^

"She's super cute!" Hehe. Mira is so adorable.

I liked all the yuri vibes in this episode.
Aug 17, 2022 10:11 PM

Jul 2019
We're off to a great start! Adorable girls and space. Nice!

Mar 15, 2023 5:05 AM

Dec 2022
Ever since reading Hoshimemo, I've been looking for media involving astronomy, stars and constellations. So far this seems alright. Hoping it sticks with the theme of stars and celestial objects all the way through.

Shaded Horizon

Jan 16, 8:58 AM

Nov 2017
Considering my interest in astronomy and cosmology, I would be interested in watching an anime like this lol
Mar 29, 2:49 PM
Jan 2023
This is what I consider a first episode done well, I've been trying to get back into watching anime for a while and I think this has just done it. It's really hooked me in.

First of all, the visuals are excellent, loving what I see so far. The characters so far seem interesting, and they're all unique in their own way, and at times I just found myself laughing.

Oh and both goals and mini goals have been set. Can't wait to see where this goes, should be a good one!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koisuru Asteroid Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2020

88 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 1, 7:33 PM

Poll: » Koisuru Asteroid Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2020

34 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 1, 7:03 PM

Poll: » Koisuru Asteroid Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2020

42 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 1, 6:38 PM

Poll: » Koisuru Asteroid Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2020

56 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 1, 6:08 PM

Poll: » Koisuru Asteroid Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2020

55 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 1, 4:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.