Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 2, 2020 1:24 PM

Jan 2012
Hi all,

Does anyone know if the sales is doing well and if there is any news/rumors of a 3rd season happening?

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Jan 3, 2020 10:48 AM

May 2018
Unfortunately,it doesn't sell well.
http://www.someanithing.com/series-data-quick-view
Sales below 1000 however,in today age,streaming also contribute so just because the physical disc does not sell well,that does not mean the it's not profitable. But because there's no data for streaming,it's hard to tell if it's doing well or not.
Jan 4, 2020 2:12 AM

Jan 2012
Gorochu said:
Sales below 1000 however,in today age,streaming also contribute so just because the physical disc does not sell well,that does not mean the it's not profitable. But because there's no data for streaming,it's hard to tell if it's doing well or not.

Thanks and hopefully it does improve in other areas and see a 3rd season. I feel it is underrated and be happy to see more seasons

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Jan 8, 2020 9:35 AM

Jun 2019
Symphogear (another anime whose last season has a 8.47 score) did not sell in the beginning ( see this thread ) but improved a lot later. I think that we got new seasons because of the success of the CD's. If the CD's sell well (they could edit multiple ones, some having all the koto pieces for example), we might get a third season but I think that I am being very optimistic on this one...
Jan 11, 2020 6:24 AM

Feb 2015
I was thinking there will be a 3rd season since they showed the final ep like it will continue.. Maybe it won't be released that soon but i think it is quite possible.
HoshizukiAug 5, 2020 5:38 PM
Jan 18, 2020 12:34 PM

May 2009
BD don't matter anymore. For this show good manga and music (since King Records is main sponsor) should be enough for another season.

You can always start reading manga since it's translated up to latest tankobon.
Jan 21, 2020 7:13 PM
Feb 2018
I hope for a third season. I may add it to my blu ray collection
Jan 27, 2020 12:30 PM
Jan 2020
i hope that there will be season 3 i want to hear more and see their journey to the koto nationals.
Feb 2, 2020 4:53 PM
Jun 2019
Gorochu said:

This show is too good to die :'(
Feb 23, 2020 1:30 AM

Jul 2009
Gahh I love this show so much. I really hope we get a season 3!!
Mar 1, 2020 10:09 AM
Mar 2020
Koolman511 said:
Hi all,

Does anyone know if the sales is doing well and if there is any news/rumors of a 3rd season happening?

i think it will be a 3rd Season , because in 2nd Season on Final episode its saying continue , i think it will , but not that soon, i hope so .
Jul 17, 2020 11:23 PM

Jan 2019
bastek66 said:
BD don't matter anymore. For this show good manga and music (since King Records is main sponsor) should be enough for another season.

You can always start reading manga since it's translated up to latest tankobon.

funny how u gonna read a manga that is about music xD
but ok, I guess that's a good thing since u're here for the story

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.

anime-primeJul 23, 2020 1:07 PM
End me
Jul 23, 2020 9:44 AM

Mar 2020
will there be a S3, the anime is soo good
Jul 23, 2020 10:24 AM

Feb 2019
Just read the manga instead of waiting for s3. It's quite good. Also not sure about s3 but there is nothing announced as far as I know.
Feb 7, 2021 12:13 PM
Apr 2019
I really hope we'll get a 3rd season, because actually being able to hear everything makes it so much better <3. Still waiting
Apr 11, 2021 2:08 AM

May 2020
Man everyday I hope there’s going to be season 3 I’m reading the manga anyways but I would love to see it animated I didn’t expect to like anime so much.
SkyKidApr 11, 2021 8:21 PM
If you want me to prepare a rope for the sake of hanging yourself, forget it. But… If it's a rope for the sake of pulling you up from Hell, no matter how many ropes it takes, I'll prepare them for you. ~Sakata Gintoki
Apr 21, 2021 1:10 AM

Aug 2015
i saw some comments on the last ep of s2, apparently theres going to be a s3?
May 2, 2021 9:02 AM
Feb 2021
Relax there will be a S3 for sure what a awesome series !!! I donno why it's so underrated
May 2, 2021 5:17 PM

May 2007
Just started watching this series and I came across a blog that said the way that season 2 ends is quite satisfying as it "ends at the apex of the story manga-wise" and that it serves as a conclusion to the series anime-wise, which got me a little alarmed as I would like to see the story to be fully animated.

I've seen around 3 episodes of season 1 and gonna watch a bit more before I go to sleep and hopefully have both season 1 and 2 finished sometime tomorrow.

May 3, 2021 5:34 AM
Feb 2021
JCDRANZER said:
Just started watching this series and I came across a blog that said the way that season 2 ends is quite satisfying as it "ends at the apex of the story manga-wise" and that it serves as a conclusion to the series anime-wise, which got me a little alarmed as I would like to see the story to be fully animated.

I've seen around 3 episodes of season 1 and gonna watch a bit more before I go to sleep and hopefully have both season 1 and 2 finished sometime tomorrow.

no their main goal is to win 1st place at nationals there will be other season or movie atleast maybe donno but I heard that anime didn't made big sales so it might take time rest assured this is a gem
May 3, 2021 5:39 AM

May 2007
bezardo said:
JCDRANZER said:

no their main goal is to win 1st place at nationals there will be other season or movie atleast maybe donno but I heard that anime didn't made big sales so it might take time rest assured this is a gem

So I completed season 1 and saw the first ep of season 2 before I went to bed and since it's BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY (DAY OFF), I'm about to watch episode 6 of season 2.

This show is definitely a gem, it's pretty much a sports anime and I love it.
May 3, 2021 9:15 AM

May 2007
Just finished season 2, it was fantastic and now I understand that this anime got to the apex of the story.

I genuinely hope this gets a 3rd season because season 2/part 2 was a 10/10 for me.
Jun 16, 2021 9:46 PM
Mar 2020
Just completed S2 and damn it was so good..... I hope they make s3..
Aug 8, 2021 5:18 AM
Aug 2021
hope s3 confirm soon bcs i read the manga and it’s very very satisfying and touching, wanna hear the instrument that be so great if it really happen
Aug 26, 2021 10:23 AM
Apr 2021
I guess we just have to wait and see but I hope season 3 comes soon
Dec 13, 2021 9:48 AM
Jan 2021
Hope it gets a new season. I am not even a fan of music genre but it is one of my fav shows.
It is shocking to find how many people do not believe they can learn, and how many more believe learning to be difficult.
Dune
Mar 1, 2022 5:09 PM
Jan 2014
There are not many animes i still follow. But this is one i really want to see a sequel to, too. And, if possible, a sequel that refrains from putting crappy dialogues over the music this time. I really like the koto compositions in S1 and S2, and having voice overs on top of most music pieces was a hell damn annoying. It always looked to me as if the studio never trusted koto music and felt the need to add dialogues on top the music to make sure people don't quit watching... God were they wrong... Give me unspoiled music like KyoAni did with "Hibike Euphonium".
May 14, 2022 10:24 PM
May 2022
I think this anime still not get Season 2
Why do you ask season 3?
It's news that this Anime still Season 1 with Split-cour
https://myanimelist.net/news/56541418
May 21, 2022 2:04 PM
Jan 2014
kaito1412aoko said:
Why do you ask season 3?

This is quite obvious people would refer to a third season. Myanimelist has 2 entries for "Kono Oto Tomare!" and it is for "Season 1" and "Season 2". What is more, it is particularly obscure what the difference is between a split cour and 2 half cours. "Honzuki Gekokujou" or "Zombieland Saga" are not split cours after all, but they have two distinct 13 episodes cours. So, for the sake of making sense, everyone will continue to refer to a Season 3 for "Kono Oto Tomare!!". Whether japanese studios want to refer to a split cour in this particular case for whatever reason they may fancy is irrelevant to those that like for things to make sense. Your reference to a season 2 is bound to only bring more confusion.
Jun 13, 2022 2:18 AM

Aug 2018
Nox--- said:
kaito1412aoko said:
Why do you ask season 3?

This is quite obvious people would refer to a third season. Myanimelist has 2 entries for "Kono Oto Tomare!" and it is for "Season 1" and "Season 2". What is more, it is particularly obscure what the difference is between a split cour and 2 half cours. "Honzuki Gekokujou" or "Zombieland Saga" are not split cours after all, but they have two distinct 13 episodes cours. So, for the sake of making sense, everyone will continue to refer to a Season 3 for "Kono Oto Tomare!!". Whether japanese studios want to refer to a split cour in this particular case for whatever reason they may fancy is irrelevant to those that like for things to make sense. Your reference to a season 2 is bound to only bring more confusion.
thank you i have no idea why he brought out semantics into this. Sad I dont see more episodes being done it ended well. The only thing it has going for it is maybe some romance but that was only a little bonus to the story we don't really care if the ships sail LOL. Great example for other sport anime to add some romance in there it won't bite you it just makes things more lively.
Jun 14, 2022 12:22 AM
Jan 2014
Guts-Valley said:
Great example for other sport anime to add some romance in there it won't bite you it just makes things more lively.

Yep, particularly in the case of sport animes, mixing story threads is actually very beneficial to the series IMHO. Sports animes tend to be very obsessional with their main topic. Romance and such things are normal things in life. "Baby Steps" is a sport series and has a romance, and it is, to this day, the very best sport series to me. "Kono Oto Tomare!!" sort of feels like life. It has stuff to show for it. The characters and story feel natural because the author is not too obsesional with her main topic, koto.
Jun 14, 2022 12:40 AM

Aug 2018
Nox--- said:
Guts-Valley said:
Great example for other sport anime to add some romance in there it won't bite you it just makes things more lively.

Yep, particularly in the case of sport animes, mixing story threads is actually very beneficial to the series IMHO. Sports animes tend to be very obsessional with their main topic. Romance and such things are normal things in life. "Baby Steps" is a sport series and has a romance, and it is, to this day, the very best sport series to me. "Kono Oto Tomare!!" sort of feels like life. It has stuff to show for it. The characters and story feel natural because the author is not too obsesional with her main topic, koto.
Right Kono has it's problem but I rate it high for not being afraid to mix sport anime with romance. I remember watching one episode of baby steps i drop it. The mc seem too much of a marty-stu I drop it. The Queen's Gambet which is a live action anime(in my opinion) did the mixing of sports and romance. Yes watch the Queens Gambet the way the shot and story style is very anime like they even have a pair of twins LOL
Jun 14, 2022 1:42 AM
Jan 2014
Guts-Valley said:
I remember watching one episode of baby steps i drop it. The mc seem too much of a marty-stu I drop it.

Maruo Eiichiro, the MC of "Baby Steps" is actually a very good MC to me. Sports Shounens' MCs are generally bratty, noisy, stupid, and they serve as comic relief... All these aspects are equally obnoxious to me, especially the last one. The last one oftentimes prevents any character development because the MC has to remain stupid in order to follow a stuck up comedic writing structure where the MC is the center of humour, the author copied/pasted from every other shounen out there. MCs being the comic relief is only fine for a time. Afterwards, the authors need to switch the comedic routine, or they can't make sure their MC's progression is taken seriously. But they generally don't and it turns into a childish mess."Detroit Metal City" is the worst offender to me. But "One Piece" is certainly number 2. "Baby Steps" ' Eiichiro is everything BUT that. He is, to me, by a long stretch, the best sports MC ever. This character totally makes sense and he is gutsy. Only, he is not gutsy by screaming his ass off.

I like talking about writing. How stories and characters are made. What theories they follow. And it is particularly intersting to do so with japanese animes because japanese do things so damn differently compared to us. Only problem is... after 16 years doing that, i realized just how formulaic EVERYTHING is in 90% of their works. As if they never used their brain and simply took a successful preceding work and regarded it as if it bore the imperative rules of classical playwriting (you know, unicity of time, place and action). As a result, they are often stuck following a pre-made recipe where they try to capture what made the predecessor successful (and often fail to do so), and generally don't craft their own thing on the end.

I can tell "Kono Oto Tomare!!" is born from the drive of the author to craft her own thing, and this is a major reason why it is so good.
Nox---Jun 14, 2022 1:48 AM
Jun 14, 2022 2:37 AM

Aug 2018
Nox--- said:
Guts-Valley said:
I remember watching one episode of baby steps i drop it. The mc seem too much of a marty-stu I drop it.

Maruo Eiichiro, the MC of "Baby Steps" is actually a very good MC to me. Sports Shounens' MCs are generally bratty, noisy, stupid, and they serve as comic relief... All these aspects are equally obnoxious to me, especially the last one. The last one oftentimes prevents any character development because the MC has to remain stupid in order to follow a stuck up comedic writing structure where the MC is the center of humour, the author copied/pasted from every other shounen out there. MCs being the comic relief is only fine for a time. Afterwards, the authors need to switch the comedic routine, or they can't make sure their MC's progression is taken seriously. But they generally don't and it turns into a childish mess."Detroit Metal City" is the worst offender to me. But "One Piece" is certainly number 2. "Baby Steps" ' Eiichiro is everything BUT that. He is, to me, by a long stretch, the best sports MC ever. This character totally makes sense and he is gutsy. Only, he is not gutsy by screaming his ass off.

I like talking about writing. How stories and characters are made. What theories they follow. And it is particularly intersting to do so with japanese animes because japanese do things so damn differently compared to us. Only problem is... after 16 years doing that, i realized just how formulaic EVERYTHING is in 90% of their works. As if they never used their brain and simply took a successful preceding work and regarded it as if it bore the imperative rules of classical playwriting (you know, unicity of time, place and action). As a result, they are often stuck following a pre-made recipe where they try to capture what made the predecessor successful (and often fail to do so), and generally don't craft their own thing on the end.

I can tell "Kono Oto Tomare!!" is born from the drive of the author to craft her own thing, and this is a major reason why it is so good.
yea I been watching anime for way longer than that and I rate anime high on MAL that step out of the formula. Big reason why i usually don't watch much sport or shonnen anime because they are all the same and cliche. Kono does follow the "sport anime formula" a lot but I give it a pass for trying new things within. It try to developed romance not only with one but two couples. There are romance anime that are afraid to add a second or "b" couple, but that is a different topic. Glad I talk to you and I am reading the Kono Oto Tomare manga unfortunate looks like the manga producers got involve feels off and don't care for a 3rd season. The 2nd season end well all questions were answer the story is complete in my opinion.
Jun 14, 2022 3:39 AM
Jan 2014
Guts-Valley said:
The 2nd season end well all questions were answer the story is complete in my opinion.

Well, sometimes, plots do not need pot. Life is a plot in itself ^^. This is the reason why SoL animes can be so fascinating at times.That is something only asians would try out. To craft an anime where NOTHING happens, like "Flying Witch". This is because of that that Japanese animation is so damn fascinating.

I consider that "Baby Steps" breaks the mold. Which is exactly why it is the best sports anime to me. A few elements to emphasize my point:

- The MC is the rational, methodical type. He is passionate, but never goes over the top like every shounen protagonist. He is not a moron and the fact he uses his brain is super refreshing to me.

- This is the only sport anime i know of that includes a proper romance in the story. It is not like "Major" and every other half-assed manga: it is shown and developed a little bit like in a shoujo manga, if not as dragged out.

- "Baby Steps" is not about the "Inter High". The story is about a guy (and a girl) who plan to live for and through tennis. He aims to be a pro, and everything details his diffilcult journey. More than a sports manga, it is a life story. As far as i know, only "Attacker You!" did this in 1986. I wonder why...

- This is proper tennis. The author will take great care to draw the movements and positions right. The points all completely make sense and looking at the pages you can really visualize the points if you know a bit about the sport. There is a lot of knowledge and technic that goes into this manga. I played tennis, i love tennis, so i can tell that much.

- As far as i know, this is a shounen made by a woman. It shows. There is subtelty everywhere. She talks to us about tennis, and even i learned a few things. She explains how tennis evolves, and how those leading the rankings are the ones who define the evolutions (Federer is a prime exemple of that in real life). This is a life story, life-sized. Everything is not about Eiichiro and even he himself will widen his perspectives and learn to look at the world and get rid of all his annoying japanese conditioning. This last point was only ever tackled properly by "Honzuki Gekokujou" which made it a central thing in the story (and i love it).

As far as i know, no other shounen sports manga has tackled any of this over the past 30 years. Even "Haikyuu!" started inserting some weird 'pseudo-powers' more recently.
Nox---Jun 14, 2022 3:54 AM
Jun 14, 2022 4:26 AM

Aug 2018
Nox--- said:
Guts-Valley said:
The 2nd season end well all questions were answer the story is complete in my opinion.

Well, sometimes, plots do not need pot. Life is a plot in itself ^^. This is the reason why SoL animes can be so fascinating at times.That is something only asians would try out. To craft an anime where NOTHING happens, like "Flying Witch". This is because of that that Japanese animation is so damn fascinating.

I consider that "Baby Steps" breaks the mold. Which is exactly why it is the best sports anime to me. A few elements to emphasize my point:

- The MC is the rational, methodical type. He is passionate, but never goes over the top like every shounen protagonist. He is not a moron and the fact he uses his brain is super refreshing to me.

- This is the only sport anime i know of that includes a proper romance in the story. It is not like "Major" and every other half-assed manga: it is shown and developed a little bit like in a shoujo manga, if not as dragged out.

- "Baby Steps" is not about the "Inter High". The story is about a guy (and a girl) who plan to live for and through tennis. He aims to be a pro, and everything details his diffilcult journey. More than a sports manga, it is a life story. As far as i know, only "Attacker You!" did this in 1986. I wonder why...

- This is proper tennis. The author will take great care to draw the movements and positions right. The points all completely make sense and looking at the pages you can really visualize the points if you know a bit about the sport. There is a lot of knowledge and technic that goes into this manga. I played tennis, i love tennis, so i can tell that much.

- As far as i know, this is a shounen made by a woman. It shows. There is subtelty everywhere. She talks to us about tennis, and even i learned a few things. She explains how tennis evolves, and how those leading the rankings are the ones who define the evolutions (Federer is a prime exemple of that in real life). This is a life story, life-sized. Everything is not about Eiichiro and even he himself will widen his perspectives and learn to look at the world and get rid of all his annoying japanese conditioning. This last point was only ever tackled properly by "Honzuki Gekokujou" which made it a central thing in the story (and i love it).

As far as i know, no other shounen sports manga has tackled any of this over the past 30 years. Even "Haikyuu!" started inserting some weird 'pseudo-powers' more recently.
kono not a slice of life and american cartoon has done it them you sound like weeb when you said "That is something only asians would try out", kinda creepy i did not continue reading peace.
Jun 14, 2022 5:36 AM
Jan 2014
Guts-Valley said:
kono not a slice of life and american cartoon has done it them you sound like weeb when you said "That is something only asians would try out", kinda creepy i did not continue reading peace.

I do not watch american cartoons. I did. But i stopped. I never found anything particularly interesting in them (aside from "Snow White", 1937, which remains an all time masterpiece), and as everything remotely cultural made in the USA, the overall quality dropped consistently over time. Who still cares about Disney in 2022? Not anyone i know. They sank starting from the 80's because they stopped trying to make quality. Miyazaki never stopped making quality. One of my friend likes things like "Futurama". But i hate this one. The only american thing i reasonably liked was "Avatar, the last airbender".

Plus, if spending time watching 4/5 animes per year is being a weeb, then i am sure everyone is. I will say it again: "there are many things in anime only asians would ever dare to try out". To only give a most famous example, i can refer to the wtf "Akira" or even the more mainstream "Ghost in the Shell". The 2nd one is particularly well chosen since Hollywood tried to adapt it and they butchered it for the sake of their sacrosanct accessibility, depriving it from all its substance to only keep how it looked. They did the same with "Gunm" and "Battle Angel Alita". Americans simply can't dare half what japanese dare. Simple reality.

Part of the reason for that is that the USA is a country where people deem more useful to make surface level things that would sold to many rather than confusing and philosophical things like "Ghost in the Shell". Because the USA is a country where people actually dream of being millionaires. And this is something USA-exclusive. And it is an important aspect that conditions everything in this country.

Another reason is that Japan is not particularly concerned with lobbies, and thus they can say things deemed racists, homophobic or misogynists in the USA. "Hisone to Maso-tan" is openly misogynist, and there is a male character that openly explains how women need to be ridiculed in order for them to know their place and submit to men as they should... Even for a joke, the USA would never dare that. Japanese dared because it served the purpose of their story later on. It wasn't gratuitous and there wasn't anyone to call them off. I continue to look at my own anime list, and... "Watamote" is about school persecutions. The author actually turned school persecutions and hardcore bullying into a comedic manga... The victim of the persecutions is further mocked by the author and the readers. I personally find that disgusting, but they did dare. The USA had Colombine, no way they would dare promote bullying at school like that...

There are plenty of stuff like "Gunslinger Girls" or "Baccano" that would NEVER be allowed in North America or even Europe, because it would be deemed 'pedophilia validating', 'child abuse glorification', and so on. Even something like "Kono Oto Tomare!" would probably never be done outside Japan. I still wait to see the americans you refer to making an animated series about learning and loving the mexican 'chitarrone' ("Kono Oto Tomare!" is about Koto after all). Or another about a witch who only talk about vegetables and the quality of soil for cultivating for 24 minutes every episode (that sums up pretty well "Flying Witch", which is a pure SOL with only mundane dialog and actions like going to the grocery). When they do, i will apologize. But i won't have to.

You see that, you dislike for whatever reason, call me a "creepy weeb" out of nowhere, and stop reading. You can't even see how what i said is not even an opinion, but a simple truth so easy to prove through countless examples. Even "The Matrix" is a watered down take on "Serial Experiments Lain". Except Americans would never dare "Serial Experiemnts Lain", i say it again. And not only Americans. This is childish. Or maybe you go around the world telling people you disagree with for whatever reason that they are weebs, pedophiles, or maybe misogynist, depending on the time of the day? I am much too old to put up with these random insults and a guy who get cranky over simple truths related to a random piece of media. Omg... Now that i explained methodically what kind of moron you are, i can finally go do something else. Talking with you didn't make my day any better.
Nox---Jun 14, 2022 6:32 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2019

117 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 19, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2019

142 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 19, 5:31 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2019

49 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 19, 4:34 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2019

49 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 18, 4:13 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2019

43 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 16, 5:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.